It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My family, including myself, has a history of alien abduction

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform

I believe calihan more than other stories just because her's doesn't seem to follow the "I was sleeping when it happened" story line. Similar things that have happened to her have happened to people in my family too. My brother was supposedly taken one night by a craft. But you have to take into consideration that he had woken up from his sleep when it happened. Even he admits it was probably sleep paralysis.

I have had many abduction experiences myself but there are always alternatives to explaining the experience which is why I choose the alternatives. Science has found much more common explanations so I choose to take the common ones. There is no need for me to choose a more grandoise form of thinking.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticalSteve

if science gives an explaination you are comfortable with, then good for you. maybe that is the root to go where future abduction threads are started. to offer as an alternative.

science will try to tell me my u.f.o sighting was a figment of my immagination. however i know 100% what i saw was real.

that is why i consider the 'mind trick' explaination but do not take it as conclusive.
because so many more people all see and descibe the same things, what makes us all see the same things? i mean why don't we all imagine something different to eachother?. why always lights in the sky and aliens?

there is more going off than a simple 'mind trick'. even if it is a 'mind trick' it connects to everybody in some way, or something in the way we are built causes everbody to experience the same type of thing or have the potential to experience it.

however i'm not sure what causes video camera's to imagine things or quite sure how implants can be imagined into peoples body's leaving no wound.

i don't know what the truth IS, im just pointing out there are things to suggest its more than a 'mind trick' in a few cases.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by lifeform]

[edit on 3-11-2008 by lifeform]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I am a strong believer we have been visited, don't get me wrong. I think that many of the UFO sightings are legit. The thing about abduction is that it usually happens when people are half asleep. When the main stream media's interpretation of an alien grey can haunt our mind. That's why I have trouble with abductions. Could I see some information about actual implants that were found? All the ones I thought were real had turned out to be fake.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticalSteve

I am a strong believer we have been visited, don't get me wrong. I think that many of the UFO sightings are legit. The thing about abduction is that it usually happens when people are half asleep. When the main stream media's interpretation of an alien grey can haunt our mind. That's why I have trouble with abductions. Could I see some information about actual implants that were found? All the ones I thought were real had turned out to be fake.

what can i possibly provide that is'nt already out there for everybody to see?

anything can be denied.

www.youtube.com...

anything can be believed.

is this true? i have no idea what so ever. i cannot find what you would consider evidence. you need to find that yourself. you know what your looking for, i don't.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Hmm, that was very interesting. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

Hi Calihan

I was wondering, do you know the ancestral jewish lineage of your father? For example, French jewish basque? Also, is his blood rh neg, or is yours?

Thanks,

STM

[edit on 5-11-2008 by alien]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch

Hi Calihan

Looks like the A & U people are clogging up your thread, some well intentioned, some not. Try not to feed the "not" ones.

I was wondering, do you know the ancestral jewish lineage of your father? For example, French jewish basque? Also, is his blood rh neg, or is yours?

Thanks,

STM

Im really not sure. He doesnt know that much. I can say he looks VERY middle eastern. I wouldnt be suprised if his family was straight out of isreal. but im not sure what lineage he is of. I've always wanted to find that out though.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
skeptical steve, im glad to hear what you said. I like you much more now that you were trying to understand my points instead of disregarding them

as far as the picture, i actually ended up getting an email from my dad this morning. so i asked if hed send the picture, just gotta wait for his response.

when i post it, is that going to give you at least a little more validation that what im saying is true?

im not opposed to people thinking its some type of sleep paralysis... its just the things that my family and me experienced would never be explained by that. bright flashes of light outside and strange noises, almost mechanical sounding.. hard to explain , when we were completely awake. the changing of my clothes. the fact that before that night happened, my mom kept seeing strange balls of blue light in the hallway. and my father saw it too. I was always terrified of the closet when I was little, and I couldnt stand to have it open and i didnt know why, until my mom told me that the night the gray alien visited her, it walked out of the closet towards her.

I mean all of these things cant be exaplined simply by a sleeping problem. I wish we could put it on the back burner and dismiss it as being something so simple, but I truly believe its not that.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
For one thing, many who have strange mysterious pregnancies during ufo connected incidents do not know even what has happened until their system suddenly returns to normal. Some abductees have had their own children, taken, not just those that are only half theirs or implanted. And they're very bitter about it. Some abductees have met their hybrid children at a later point. Some don't recall doing so, but would never harm one of their own children if they had the full knowledge.

At least research things before you speak, then speak with some sensitivity about this issue because its traumatic for those who go through it.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Cool. Look forward to the photo

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You say there are people with boatloads of evidence. I'd like to read about these people. Can you post link or an example or a story?

I'm not doubting you, I'd just like to see some of them.

Do you think it's possible that a feature of the abductions is that they orchestrate things so you can't get proof?

Are there any specifics that can stand up as proof, even without in hand evidence? Maybe they said something or showed the person a little known fact or explained something it would be hard to know otherwise. Anything, actually.

Thanks!!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

That's an interesting video. Watch it again, but look at his eyes as he's recounting it.

During the relevant aspects he has several 'tells'.

He glances rapidly to his right, he rapidly blinks his eyes just before he says the relevant statements.

I don't think he believes what he's saying.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

One final comment. There have been a couple Members who have posted their story, that were unique in that they came across as completely believable to everyone within one page of posting their story.

There was not a lot of follow up and it didn't go on for 12 pages. This stands in contrast to threads where the story is not really coherent and there are a lot of questions and it never seems to make sense.

After you 've read a few of these you can see which group a story tends to inhabit.

It doesn't necessarily make one or the other more authentic, but I find that the shorter the story and the thread the more likely that it's an authentic story; in general.

I think that fans and skeptics alike are actually looking for something to grab onto so that they -may- believe the story. It's an 'I want to believe, please help me', not an attempt to discount the story.

Even stories which do not have an alien component, if they are really going on, we want to understand what they mean and how they get interpreted as alien abductions. Both types are interesting from a sociological perspective.

Thanks again for posting your story and for fielding questions.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
CUE STANDARD MOD SPEECH

Right. We all worked out the name-calling and inferences outa our systems yet??

Heres a marvellous idea: How about we lay off the name calling and let this thread drag itself off the beaten track and BACK on topic.
Because right now we're up around 12 pages of accusations of active imaginations, lying, attention seeking, mental illness, idiocy, cheap side-jabs of living with parents etc etc.
I know you're all better than these petty childish exchanges. You're all WAY smarter than that. Please don't make me look like a liar.

Its pretty simple really: Demands for proof have been made. Any *proof* offered isn't acceptable to some who have posted. So...really...are any other demands for proof going to change that? Really don't think so.

So the options to me are pretty obvious.
1. Don't ask for something you think you're not going to receive, or receive in any way acceptable to you
2. Let the Member tell their story
3. Realise there are umpteen other forums and threads on ATS, so if this one isn't to your tastes QUIT EATING IT and find one that is.

Righty then.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

Thank you. I know I have been a bit snippy and have apologized yet people keep retaliating against me bitterly. I am no one's enemy here.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticalSteve

All good dude.

I totally appreciate that these topics are often points of passion for many.

People seeking answers, people seeking turth/proof...and ultimately things do sometimes get a bit heated up. Hey, being human kinda garauntees we aren't all going to see eye to eye or be civil 100% of the time - regardless of whatever *camp* we may be in. All we can do is try.

I will throw this out there too:

Irregardless of what we may personally believe, irregardless of other explanations of Sleep Paralysis or other possibilities...to me there is one very petinent point to keep in mind...that being that the person sharing these stories is often sharing something traumatic to/for them.

Regardless of what the actual validity or reality is...its reality for them. The fear is reality. The trauma is reality. The feeling of powerlessness is reality. The causal factor of those *feelings* may well be debateable...but that persons 'pain' (if you will) isn't...not for/to them.

In that regard I'd also like to think that we can also keep that understanding in mind with our replies/approaches.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
ONE MORE THING PEOPLE

This thread has generated numerous Alerts/Complaints from numerous people in regards to individual replies within it. I'm talk in the vicinity of 30 of them.

As such I'll (and/or other Staff Members) be working my way through those Alerts and reviewing the alerted replies.

So don't be surprised if I end up editting out some of the *snarky* bits of some replies...or, if so appropriate, an Off-Topic or whatever gets applied.
If any of those edits or otherwise are thought to be unwarranted you are of course free to utilise the Complain/Suggestion link in your Member Centre to request a review.

Just giving you a heads-up so you're in the picture if/when you see any 'editted by alien' tag on the bottom of your reply...or if your reply vanishes altogether.

Cheers people, I do appreciate your understanding and willingness to get things back on-track.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticalSteve
reply to post by cindymars

I'm sorry. I thought I explained myself. I approach things with scientific reasoning. I guess I am just a child. There is no need to sling insults. Perhaps you should look at yourself in the mirror if you wish to hurl such harsh words.

Steve, I am sorry but I took you at your word when you said that you were a Scientist.

I like you was a bit harsh and I do apologize.
You are entitled to your opinion just chill a bit.
OK? Peace!

[edit on 5-11-2008 by SkepticalSteve]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

I apologize as well. No, I am sorry for the confusion. I apply scientific method but I am not a paid scientist or anything of the sort. I hope you will accept my friend request with good faith

Hope to hear from you around here more

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Hi calihan,

Now that we are all friends here, I wanted to tell you that I got chills when I read your OP. That really doesn't happen all that often. Truly some interesting goings on. Thanks for having the courage to share your story here. I know I mostly keep mine to myself, well don't post them here.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join