It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My family, including myself, has a history of alien abduction

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by calibanvov

Don't you get it? The aliens stop time when they abduct you so even if you had a huge CNN news crew filming right next to you, they won't catch any proof on videotape.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Um because it wasnt just my mom... my dad was in the bedroom as well ?

And she definitely did not do drugs of any sort. She had 5 children, no time to do drugs.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I am not reading about any abductions..

Your mother woke up outside when she was a child.. but there isn't any mention of aliens..

Your mother had a dream about you being abducted.. but you do not have any memory of it..

Your brother is late for curfew and pulls the ol' "I was abducted by aliens" card.

Your father is abducted by two renegade rabbis.. again.. not aliens..

I don't see any reason for alarm.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
My mom wasnt dreaming. My dad was there too , like i said. He witnessed everything as well.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by alien]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Circle

I am not Jelaila.
I Just know about these subjects becase they are a part of my reality as well.
As to your questions.
Yes to all tree.
I have had alien contact and when you have, you dont really NEED so much to speculate about their existence anymore, the question you start asking yourself when you know this is true is:
What do THEY want with ME?
And when you start innvolving yourself in the higher truth about your life mission and see the thread in all of it, you see that what it all comes down to is evolving and becoming who we allready are.
I have seen this "I feel different/I have a mission" so many times with so many people and I am telling you THIS: So many wait for a letter in the mailbox where it is written what your mission is, and how to do it. I was one of them, and the mission is simply this: Light. And how you will spread your light to people you find out by looking at your lifetime, are you running around wanting to heal others?help animals?search for ET evidence? follow your heart, and you will get there.

When you begin to unfold what is the truth, and you really get ET contact, the first thing you think will no longer be to capture the alien so the "world can see you where right"...and you will start really asking yourself..what can I do to HELP humanity? It all lies in our heart`s and as long as we continue to seek divinity threw love, the mission will be unfolded.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
SkepticalSteve:

I'm a bit of a skeptic myself and can relate to the points you've been raising. But without trying to sound confrontational, maybe you don't have to be quite so determined to knock down calihan's claims. She (assuming from the picture it's a "she?") has made her claims and is clearly just looking for idle discussion. Perhaps you feel you have some good reasons not to believe her... I can definitely understand that. But there's something to be said for politely making your points and then quietly listening, rather than insisting that she provide proof according to your specifications.

HankMcCoy:

Same advice as above, at least in my opinion, man. No offense intended, but I get the impression that calihan wasn't intentionally trying to insult those who have mental illnesses. Perhaps you feel that she has and that she should apologize. If so, you need only say so, because this could easily just be a snowballing misunderstanding.

calihan123:

I just had to step back and apologize for one of my own rather harshly skeptical responses on a different thread, recently, so I'm trying to apply a more tolerant attitude. I guess in the end, tolerance is the belief to which I hold most strongly. I thought your post seemed genuine and interesting, but others may not and of course that's their right. I saw a UFO in broad daylight but don't expect anyone to believe me based on my word... in fact sometimes I think I prefer that they don't. I get the impression some of those who responded might feel like you're trying to claim you're more "special" than they are. But this is ATS and there should be plenty of room here to calmly discuss things like your post, so I'm glad that you did talk about it... because where else can we talk about such things if not here?

I don't want to sound like some random guy sticking his nose in here and telling everyone how to behave. But let's all be honest... this thread has been getting sensitive and hot-tempered real fast. At the very least none of you can deny that much. So let's all take a breather and try to continue this discussion like gentle and civilized adults.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
well thank you . at least you are one of the skeptics who are understanding and dont treat me like i am dreaming about things or crazy.

the bottom line.. almost EVERY person i have known in my life has experienced some type of paranormal phenomena. They tell me, because i tell them first, and so they feel more comfortable being open with me about those things. They would never go randomly tell anyone else because they would be labeled as liars.

but everyone i have ever known has had a story to tell. sometimes you just need to be open, and people will share those stories with you. and once they do, you realize its not just you experiencing things. everyone does. but like i said, they will never tell you if they feel like you wont believe them

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan123
Well, that night he had a flashback that he was walking with his friend down the street, and suddenly everything stopped but him. The people, the cars... time stood still. And all he remembers is a bright light. After that day, any time he would walk, skateboard, run or anything by this spot in the sidewalk he was at when time stopped, he would trip.

I've been reading that in a lot of abduction stories lately. The last time I saw something similar to that, they only froze one dude, or a few folks, rather than the whole block... but it wasn't that time froze, it was that the people froze.

Those aliens are tricky.

A few men in suits came out of the car, grabbed my dad, and pulled him into the car. They told him they had to do some jewish ritual on him, it took a minute, and they let him out of the car and went off.

I know that one. Sounds like the first line of folks charged with keeping them aliens a secret. The next line up, if they don't get to it in time is some Hybrid aliens, then if they don't get to it, some aliens show up.

Sounds like their "Jewish ritual" was either them giving your dad a major dose of hypnosis, or something else....

So he went to the music section and found a name that he felt really strongly about, it was definitely a jewish name, but the picture of her was ripped out. No other picture in the entire yearbook was. He looked through about 10 different copies of the same yearbook, and in every single one, her picture was torn out.

Looks like they beat him to it.

I just feel like I have some sort of purpose on this earth that is different from anyone else's everyday purpose. I feel like im meant for something more, and I dont know why.

Don't trust them crazy aliens, cuz they'll put tons of BS in your head.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
i just want to make a little point on the whole "where is the proof" thing.

people who are asking for proof regarding a situation like an abduction must be ignorent to the circumstances that the unsuspecting victum finds themselves in (i use the term "victum" loosley because we dont always understand the motives for an abduction),

Because if your lying in your bed and the next minute you find yourself on board a craft with grey's looking down on you and your sh**ting your pants (if your even wearing anything) the last thing on your mind would be to look for somthing to take back to earth so you can take a picture of it and post it in a forum to satisfy the skeptics.

these people are caught unsuspected and even if they were in a controlled state of mind, enough to actually think about getting some proof ,they are helpless and unable to move in most cases ,so there goes any chance of getting proof.

and really guys' and im talking to the skeptics out there ,what if you asked for some proof and someone actually posted a photo for you guys to see, would you believe them? probably not ?

and the reason is because non of you have actually seen in real life the inside of a craft or seen an alien being or the outside of a ship ,so you would not be able to compare the photo's to real life events and make a judgment call.

for example If you had a photo of a dog you could judge as to wether it was CGI or a real dog because you've actually seen a real dog and can make that comparison,

so please you dont need to ask for proof as if you would know wether or not it was real.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by typenicknamehere

exactly my point. thank you

*Mod Edit: Editted out large quote. Just hit 'reply to' to address someones whole reply...saves space
Cheers.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by alien]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by typenicknamehere

It's true that many forms of evidence, especially for strange claims like abductions, cannot really be considered as evidence at all anymore. As an animator and digital artist I am well aware of our capabilities for producing hoax footage in this day and age. Sometimes you can see signs of tampering, but with modern software in the right hands it's possible to falsify just about anything, especially when it comes to photos and videos.

But at the same time you must not fault a skeptic for being skeptical. As Carl Sagan so famously reminded us, extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence, and if there's one thing we can all agree upon, it's that alien abductions constitute extraordinary claims. Throughout history there have been countless religions and paranormal myths that were held to be true by thousands or millions of people, then suddenly abandoned or widely disproven. We cannot always afford to take strangers at their word, even if it's a scenario in which thousands of strangers are saying the same thing.

The moment we stop questioning and challenging is the moment we cease to be human. It's really more a matter of asking the right questions, and having an attitude that allows us to calmly consider all viewpoints and possibilities, whether they be extraordinary or skeptical.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
i agree. people should question it... but they shouldnt tell you that your lying or that you must have been dreaming .

people should trust that what others are saying is the truth, and you can be skeptical about it, but you dont have to beat a person down if you dont believe in what they are saying

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
...agreed on both counts. Its a line we all learn to walk...questioning, accepting, reassessing.

Old adage: 'Its not what you say - its how you say it that matters'.

That said - sometimes a beneficial way of getting answers/learning is to simply sit back, watch and listen...as opposed to leaping in boots and all...

Peace.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
yes. understanding is all i ask for. you dont have to believe it. i wouldnt believe in it either if it never happened to me. but as long as you are understanding and at least believe in the possibility of strange things in the universe, thats what i hope to gain from sharing my story

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

Share it then.

Yes - you will get Challengers. You will get people calling you on it. If however that becomes insults, well, Alert it and one of us Staff will deal with it.

You're certainly not alone here in ATS when it comes to some real wierd and out-there stories/experiences...there are many here who have experienced things that they are struggling to find answers to.

One of the benefits though of risking ridicule and sharing your experiences is that it also allows YOU to assess them. To take them out from your mind, to dust them off, to place them on the table in front of you and look at them again. You may see different perspectives, different *possibilities* of what/how etc in relation to what you may have experienced.

Through sharing our stories we also allow others to share theirs...through throwing our own piece of the puzzle into the mix we allow others to add theirs...who knows, maybe through that we might collectively create a picture that makes sense to us...

...or it may just be a big mess of mis-matched puzzle-pieces...
...its worth a shot though...so share...

Peace.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I'm a bit of a skeptic myself and can relate to the points you've been raising. But without trying to sound confrontational, maybe you don't have to be quite so determined to knock down calihan's claims. She (assuming from the picture it's a "she?") has made her claims and is clearly just looking for idle discussion. Perhaps you feel you have some good reasons not to believe her... I can definitely understand that. But there's something to be said for politely making your points and then quietly listening, rather than insisting that she provide proof according to your specifications. If you want to increase your own credibility as a skeptic... then chill out a little!

I'm pressing the point that she could back it up but she chooses not to which if she was really dedicated or wanted to be trusted and taken seriously she would. I am completely calm. I am pressing it because that is our duty as skeptics. When there is "proof" to offer it or else your claim has no warrant.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

This thread was moved. It was in A&U Forum. This is the second time I have posted in a thread, had it moved, and then had someone complain that we are asking for proof when we shouldn't be.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

I second that. Good luck with whatever help you get.

Just so you know I don't want to come off as a jerk. I would not be demanding proof this much if there was no way to verify it. I'm just saying that the missing fetus records should be on file.

I'd like to believe you and a part of me does but at the same time I have to be critical.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

Props to you alien - if I could give you applause I would!

When I first came to ATS I shared some very similar experiences and well...I dare say the "gimmee proof crowd" has gotten somewhat more belligerent and demanding.

Missing time, ending up in places not remembering how you got there, miscarriages and a "fluke" pregnancy with twins one aborted spontaneously while the other survived (and turns 20 on the 6th BTW)...there are more.

Ultimately I welcomed the additional insight from the skeptics as they were echoing my own thoughts and questions. To this day however, the explanations still do not fit as "neatly" as I require them to.

Proof goes both ways, and for me the conventional and "rational" explanations were exhausted - I researched fanatically looking for the perfect and most scietific/rational explanation(s)...some had merit to such a degree that I should have been satisfied. Still I am not satisfied. Still I research. Still I look for the perfect explanation.

As someone who has experienced these things, I found that researching mental illnesses, sleep paralysis, sleep disturbances, etc etc to be more convincing that they were NOT the perfect explanations.

So what is? Wass I abducted? Who the heck knows with 100% certainty? As far as the issues of mental health are concerned. It HAS to be considered before it can dispelled.

Has anyone in your family taken psychological testing to rule it out? If not why? I took a series of tests and I can happily report that aside from Panic and Anxiety and some interesting OCD and germ issues I am clear and free of any "mental health issue" that may dilute my awareness to the here and now. Even reporting a belief in UFO's or aliens in these reports does not conclude one to be "mentally ill".

Hell I had my eyes checked, ears checked, head examined and a full physical when I was researching heavily into what I may have experienced. it's the right thing to do IMO.

I cannot say I was not abducted or visited with 100% certainty nor can I say I was, but I have at least ruled out many (MANY) of the typical physiological and psychological explanations for my experiences.

And yes it is an insult of sorts to be accused of being a nut job (PC term is Psychologically unstable yes?), nobody wants to think that others think "less" of them or their capacity to grip reality.

rather than get angry at the skeptics for their natural question of mental health...thank them for the input and maybe do some checking into it. The worst that could come of researching it is you add more skill and knowledge to your belief "IN" yourself and your experiences.

I am a skeptic BTW and a good one I figure. Rule nothing out is my motto. Learn, experience and educate.

In the end I lean more toward my having had experiences. For my own peace of mind I have looked at all aspects and continue to do so. The skeptic in me demands it.

We have no idea the full capabilities of the human brain and even the full experiences of "being human" elude modern sciences. We can't rule out what we don't know THAT is a fact and truthfully there is NO PROOF that alien lifeforms 1) do not exist 2) are not visiting us. In fact I would venture to say that there is more proof that they do and are.

Really...you are the only one who needs to feel confident and satisfied in what you believe to be true, but please don't be afraid to explore the multitudes of scientific and psychological facts and theories that "may" lead to explanations.

The worst kind of believer is one who is afraid to explore their beliefs for fear that there may be conventional/scientific/physiological or psychological explanations for what they believe to be real or true.

Likewise the same can be said of the skeptics.

Personally I think everyone should have their heads examined routinely. It's very educational.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

Oh my bad! I didn't realize that it had been moved. My apologies then. It should have started in the gray area, which is set aside for personal experiences that cannot be proved. Though it is here now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join