It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Clams Up on 'Gay' Pledge Cards Given to Kindergartners

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
School segregation was OK within my lifetime. It was morally acceptable supported by parents and clergy.

Do you support hate language for other minorities??? How about the "N" word aren't we a little "too sensitive" about that word? What about Muslim children is it OK to hate them because they are terrorists??

My point is that there needs to be a ground level for intolerance. Rights are for everyone!

Nothing wrong with teaching tolerance to kids. After listening to the comments of the some of the parents on this board I am positive it is needed! I think the parents could use a few classes.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoliticalRevolutionUND
I Leave the gay agenda OUT of the public school. Its a damn choice to be gay...you were NOT born that way so don't freaking promote it in the public school system.

Are you for real? Since when is equal rights an agenda?

I would love to know when you made the decision to be straight? Being gay is not a choice! Do some research!

You don't by chance belong to the Westboro Babtist Church do you?

Repulsed.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cognoscente This is highly arguable. Don't be so certain, lest you convey ignorance. It does nothing to further your cause.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by cognoscente]

I have no cause.

I simply believe that judging people are their inherent characteristics is wrong.

Many people believe that short people are more often of lower intelligence, I would argue against this as well.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Booo hoo, a little kid called me a name on my way home yesterday, he said I am an ugly old HAG, this hate is killing me, he musta been about 5, I am SO depressed I need some meds...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TERAKO68

I Leave the gay agenda OUT of the public school. Its a damn choice to be gay...you were NOT born that way so don't freaking promote it in the public school system.

Are you for real? Since when is equal rights an agenda?

I would love to know when you made the decision to be straight? Being gay is not a choice! Do some research!

You don't by chance belong to the Westboro Babtist Church do you?

Repulsed.

Honestly, I could care less how "repulsed" you get. And I been straight since...BIRTH. And I think YOU should do some research yourself there buddy. As a matter of fact, I don't need to do research as its something called common sense.

I actually think its rather stupid to think a person is born gay.

Oh yeah, you wanted me to do some research? Here:

READ: Science says NO to being born gay

And no, I do not go to church.

And its not about equal rights. Its about teaching this filth in schools. I don't want my daughter learning this crap from a damn textbook! Soon 99.9% of America will turn gay simply because we have too many braindead politicians and teachers and the retarded NEA and GLSN promoting this crap in the public schools.

Again, its a CHOICE and NOT something you are born to be and THEREFORE can keep its ugly face OUT of the school system.

Post edited and the graphic part deleted. Certain people are right. If kids browse this forum then its not right. My apologies.
[edit on 3-11-2008 by PoliticalRevolutionUND]

[edit on 3-11-2008 by PoliticalRevolutionUND]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
IT IS NOT THE PUBLIC"S PLACE TO TEACH MY KIDS ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! except reading writing and MAthematics.

If the public wants to stop kids learning hatred then they need to teach the parents, NOT THE KIDS. It is a parents responsibility and RIGHT for their kids to be raised the way THEY want.

The schools and public have NO SAY in it AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden
IT IS NOT THE PUBLIC"S PLACE TO TEACH MY KIDS ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! except reading writing and MAthematics.

If the public wants to stop kids learning hatred then they need to teach the parents, NOT THE KIDS. It is a parents responsibility and RIGHT for their kids to be raised the way THEY want.

The schools and public have NO SAY in it AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*claps* This is possibly my favorite post.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PoliticalRevolutionUND

Sorry, FAIL! That link does not cut it. A simple Google will prove the link you provided is in the minority in its conculsions about Homosexuality being a choice.

On a personal note, I am gay. It was not a choice. Just like you, I knew my sexuality at a very early age. I AM PROOF THAT YOUR CLAIM TO HOMOSEXUALITY IS A CHOICE IS FALSE.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Sorry, FAIL! That link does not cut it. A simple Google will prove the link you provided is in the minority in its conculsions about Homosexuality being a choice.

On a personal note, I am gay. It was not a choice. Just like you, I knew my sexuality at a very early age. I AM PROOF THAT YOUR CLAIM TO HOMOSEXUALITY IS A CHOICE IS FALSE.

I bet you didn't even READ it. The rest of the links were OPINIONS. That link is based on scientific FACT. And you didn't KNOW your sexuality. You made a choice. Read the facts. And how the hell can you question scientific fact? Unless you are in denial. But again, you made the choice and I don't care. I have gay friends. And all disagree with you.

I don't care if you are gay, just don't TEACH kids HOW to be gay. Its WRONG.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I bet you didn't even READ it. The rest of the links were OPINIONS. That link is based on scientific FACT. And you didn't KNOW your sexuality. You made a choice. Read the facts. And how the hell can you question scientific fact? Unless you are in denial. But again, you made the choice and I don't care. I have gay friends. And all disagree with you.

I don't care if you are gay, just don't TEACH kids HOW to be gay. Its WRONG.

If I thought you would be receptive to real scienctific studies and facts, I would go through the trouble of providing a plethora of links and studies that prove you wrong.

As to me not knowing my sexuaility..... Well I can assure you, I know it well and it was not a choice. I seriously doubt you have gay friends. I sure as hell wouldn't give you the time of day.

I personally don't believe sexuality should be taught in schools, it should be taught at home despite the fact some kids will be taught by people like you.

When I asked you if you belonged to the Westboro Babtist Church, I was serious. It's always nice to meet up with people who share your values. A simple Youtube search for WBC will provide you hours of fun.

Regards,

James

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoliticalRevolutionUND If God Himself intended for humanity to be gay then we would all be gay. And lets face it, the penis fits into a vagina. Thus crushing your little "born gay" idea.

I actually think its rather stupid to think a person is born gay.

Again, its a CHOICE and NOT something you are born to be and THEREFORE can keep its ugly face OUT of the school system.

So are you saying you could choose to be gay if you wanted to? You could have sex with a man if you wanted to? Your penis could become sexually aroused by a man if you wanted it to?

Because it seems that you decide where to put your penis by where it fits...

A penis fits in an anus...both of men and women...and animals...

I am straight...I could NEVER be gay, my sexuality is NOT an option, I was born this way. If my sexuality is innate I would assume others is too.

---

If God DIDN'T intend people to be gay why would he make some people sexual attracted and aroused by the same sex?

Why would he make gay sex possible and pleasurable?

Sexuality is NOT an option. But even it is was, Who cares?

Live and let live, stop the hate.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Jezus]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This thread is getting pretty sick. Can't you gentlemen have a conversation without talking about what goes where. You guys could really skip that part, and still have a meaningful conversation.

Just my thoughts, since there are kids that frequent these boards, kids that you guys would'nt want to hear this type of talk. Isn't that what this whole debate is over anyway?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

What on earth would you do if your daughter was involved in this filthy homosexual lifestyle?

Seriously what would you do. Kill her?? Maybe just disown her??
That would be tough. But I'm sure you wouldn't be a hypocrite! You would make her suffer the consequences for her filthy choice!

It's hilarious that you are so convinced that if people know about homosexuality it will "make them gay"! Where did you come up with that one???? sounds kinda repressed if ya know what I mean

I hope you're a troll because if not... you are sick!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by schism85

Possibly my favorite post of the day a star for you.
The adults on the board don't need a sex education lesson as I am sure they know what parts are on what people. The children on the board don't need it from anyone here either, let their parents tell them instead of two bickering adults on a website.

Back to the original topic I can understand the reasoning behind having middle or high school students sign cards like these, but kindergartners? I have a child in kindergarten right now and I can tell you I would be highly upset if the teacher had him sign this when there is no way he would understand it without having it explained to him. Now if it had been a pledge to be nice to everyone no matter how different they are from you, then yes I would be fine with that as I'm sure most parents would be.

In kindergarten they are not aware of sexuality, if they are raised right anyway, and they should not be made aware of it by their teacher. They are too young and innocent at that age to be bombarding them with issues that only adults have. They don't care, or know usually, that someone is straight or gay or lesbian or whatever. They only see people. Adults are the ones with the labeling issues and unfortunately some adults pass those issues on to their children.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

Back to the original topic I can understand the reasoning behind having middle or high school students sign cards like these, but kindergartners? I have a child in kindergarten right now and I can tell you I would be highly upset if the teacher had him sign this when there is no way he would understand it without having it explained to him.

I agree. I have posted many times on this thread, and I will say it again. The school said that these cards where intended for middle schoolers, and high schoolers, and not for kindergartners. Who can argue with that? They were age inappropriate, end of story. They were'nt made for 5 year olds.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by schism85]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I almost pointed that out but I was sure it had to have been pointed out numerous times already and I didn't want to repeat everyone who read the article.
If my son were in middle or high school and signed this card I'd be perfectly fine with it, assuming he understood exactly what he was signing and actually lived up to it. That is who was intended to be signed by. The teacher screwed up, as did the school system for letting her have 5 and 6 year olds sign it. But they have admitted it was a screw up, which in my book partly redeems them. It doesn't help the classroom full of kids who are now asking their parents to explain all of those words to them, but it may prevent this from happening in that school again.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Yes, hopefully the outcome will be a tighter grip on what the teacher is distributing to children in their school. I haven't seen a poster yet that can logically refute that this card was not appropriate to a child of five years old.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I believe you would be hard-pressed to find someone who could refute it. Few kindergartners can read simple books, let alone read words with more than 5 or 6 letters. That in itself tells anyone who cares to think about it that there is no way possible they could read and understand these cards, which also tells one that they are not age appropriate.

Now if it had said:

"I ________ promise to be nice to everybody, even if they are not like me."

It would be age appropriate, even with the big words since they are easily explainable to any children who weren't quite sure what they meant. I'm pretty sure most 5 and 6 year olds know what a promise is and what everybody means though so there shouldn't be any explaining necessary aside from it's not nice to make fun of people for not being exactly like you. Accompany it with a lesson on how everyone is different in some small way and that those differences are what make each individual special and we have the beginnings of a much more tolerant world.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I couldn't of said it better myself Jenna. Stared.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by schism85]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The GLBTH is attempting to gain a protected liberty interest in spotlighting the name calling to them to be defined as HATE crime.

The use of sexual organs for pleasure will create excessive lust.

The proper use will usually result in a pregnancy.
However, God made sexual intercourse, (only between a man and woman) pleasurable so that married couples would like to make children. And especially to overcome the pain and anguish of carrying a child for nine months.
Demonstrating that GBLTH is unnatural, and a choice, who does the GLBTH turn to to get/find/obtain a child??

Why the product of natural intended sex organ use of course.

Lots of body parts are defined in their use by their natural or as nature intended, function. A hand grabs things, and holds things, and it does so naturally.
A foot is naturally used to place on the floor and hold the body up, and as balance, strength, and coordination grow, to propel the being in motion. So the natural use of a foot is to walk. It was designed to function that way. Just like a hand was designed to grip, hold, manipulate things.
Sexual organs are no different. By their natural design they with proper use will eventually create a baby. A mind is the same way by observing its function, which is to be curious and seek knowledge, be careful of what seeds are planted in the young garden.

For GLBTH to claim that they are "naturally" that way, exception xxy chromo, is to use the sexual organs in an unnatural method, they were not designed to be used for.

Since GLBTH do not procreate, they must recruit. The cards lay the groundwork for that to happen, whether the cards are given to 5 year olds, or to ten and twelve year olds.

Look for the GBLTH agenda in this no matter what age the cards are given out to sign.

Besides, some GTHBL tried to get Lot to recruit two of his male servents, and Lot offered them his daughter instead. If recruitment agendas are natural and correct and ok then God owes Sodom and Gomorrah a big apology.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by fmcanarney]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join