It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 totally debunked!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The funny thing is that people think there's something to "debunk". It seems there's more implication surrounding a natural occurrence by the skeptics then those who are just observing part of life's usual cycle -shrugs-

but fine "debunk"-away...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

Just my 2 bits: wonderfully researched, and enlightening.

Factoid: Per an email conversation with the chair of SUNY Buffalo Geophysics

dept. back in 2004-5, "there is a small school of thought in geophysics that

has worked out the mechanics of a rapid (weeks to months) pole shift. It

is similar to catastrophe theory." I asked him if it were possible for a quick

pole shift, not 100-2000 years, after his interview appeared on the front

page of the NY Times.

Factoid: Dr. Scott Kenyon's Dec 2004 paper on the capture of Kuiper belt

objects such as Sedna by our solar system, from another, prompted me to

pose him an 'innocent question'. Ie., could a large mass long period object

do this in the outer kuiper belt? Of course the answer was yes, "and groups

are looking in the southern hemisphere for just such an object now."

Opinoid: I totally agree with the frank inability to predict future events with

any high degree of certainty. Even with a time travel device, a percent

probablility of error and the inherent flux in future worldlines makes this

very difficult. Sitchin in the 'End of Days' book rehashes tired dates he has

mentioned in the past, 2012 all the way to 2160, and interestingly Sir

Isaac Newton's hobby of predicting the last days fell around the same 2160

date. Only time will tell what happens.

As an amateur astronomer and neuro-radiologist who loves RF physics,

I simply love your astronomical debunking, but keep an open mind!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Great post. Thank you for making this video. This subject requires skepticism and intelligent scrutiny.

Although, I am surprised by your Bible endorsement at the end. Please explain what specific predictions the Bible mentions that have "come true". Bear in mind, the Bible has been revised several times in its mere 3,000 evolving existence. It is a great book for moral guidance and ethical lore but it is no more clairvoyant than the warnings of institutional impediment of liberty found in the Constitution. I agree your final message comes of as a "bait and switch". I would remove the opinion at the end, it hurts your overall message.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Great thread!

3 pages added while just catching up, lol.

I LOVED reading/watching videos about 2012, it was one of the greatest things ever. never been a fan of law and order so that's where i got my drama. now it's ruined all because of you! lol.

put up those bible prophecies, you laid down the money, now where's the dancing bear? are you talkinga bout stuff like abraham becoming hte greatest nation and prophecies of a messiah or about revelation or what?

great video though, i'd like ot make posts like that but i spend most of my free, free time playing guitar. and it's really hard to think critically whilst drunk.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
'Dont believe in all those 2012 prophecies... and here are all the reasons.... but believe in the prophecies in the bible which are 100% accurate but I cant give you ANY reasons for doing so....'

I'm not so sure that I find this OP to be so fabulous although the video was well made. Had you taken the time to prove your theory as well as debunking the other, I might have been more impressed.

Also, I dont think that 2012 constitutes a conspiracy theory as much as a prophetic theory... although I am more apt to believe that the bible would be in the conspiracy theory category.

Show me the money!

(edit: spelling)
(edit: grammar... I think I need more coffee lol)

[edit on 2-11-2008 by SleeplessInUS]

[edit on 2-11-2008 by SleeplessInUS]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
excellent post! I thank you for the input and scientific measures that lead to the most logical conclusions...

that being said.

But I have to inject here (no offence to any religious views) there is even less evidence of the "return of Christ" or the coming of Mahdi and the second commin of Mohammad (sp?) or anything of that nature. Sorry.

When the narrator talked about every prophecy being fulfilled. Well, that is an overstatement and very untrue. Ask any Jew. Im not looking to start a debate on this, and I am not going into detail on it, but many many theologians agree on that fact.

OK. nuff said. OP, awesome video
again and starred and flagged.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Personally I think a lot people take the whole 2012 thing way out of context. I myself find the topic very entertaining, in the least, and love speculating on the topic and the wide range of theories and possible events (crack-pot or not) that could surround this year that has taken the attention of blind believers, true believers and hard skeptics alike in a rather quick fashion. However, we simply do not know because anything could happen, and often does, in this world. Science itself has been created, recorded, established, disproven, unestablished, trashed and recreated throughout history. It like how we don’t know anything about our reason for existing on this rock in the middle of a void we can barely comprehend with our human brains, which has been said by many from our perspective to be the most complex thing in existence - a universe in and of itself. All we can do is speculate, argue, believe, not believe, and wait. We have no clue what to expect from a future we simply cannot predict, but for some reason love trying to.

I feel that the transition of eras pointing to this year (or more logically around this year) is more understandable in terms of life changing as our present generation knows it to be today, and obviously so for the USA. Certainly there is much evidence that points to life today being drastically different than it was 100, 1,000, and/or 10,000 years ago - and there is much happening now in my country that suggests the same pattern will take place in the future when you look at the state of the world, its human civilizations, and their encompassing systems of work and finance - along with the quality and health of those systems. For whatever reason people relate the exact date of December 21st 2012 to be the exact moment of some huge, radical and immediate event for our world is hard to say, from the screamers of solstices to believers in some alignment - I don’t know, and I'm not one, nor am I in any position, to judge, and neither is anyone else from my perspective. I do enjoy the craze though, because it's like people are begging for something to happen (catastrophic or not), even as people are trying franticly to disprove what 'is' happening - it's entertaining and a great thing to observe.

Sadly, nothing you, I, or anyone else does regardless of our social status, IQ, wealth, 'evidence', or any combination there-of does will change what others choose to place their faith and/or belief in. The only thing that can change a mind is the will and motivation of that one individual to change their mind - and that's a whole different story.

I liked the videos and the engaging post - but many of your source links wouldn’t come up for me.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Floydshayvious
For whatever reason people relate the exact date of December 21st 2012 to be the exact moment of some huge, radical and immediate event for our world is hard to say, from the screamers of solstices to believers in some alignment - I don’t know, and I'm not one, nor am I in any position, to judge, and neither is anyone else from my perspective.

Yes, I agree. I think that the shift will felt only by those in direct "uplink" via meditation or by other means of cosmic contact. Nevertheless, the shift will take place.
But there will most likely not be a "boom" kind of event. The Mayan system is working on a system based on the "seed/harvest" theory. We plant a seed in the beginning of one cycle, and we harvest the fruits of it in the end-phase.
I don't know how much insight you have in this, but I am an active follower of the Mayan calendar and now it have evolved into me not even checking out what Mayan date it is, I just feel it, look at the calendar- it always, always make sense.
This is also one core of the entire system- when you accept it, it will be there with you all the time.

Was that OT?

[edit to add: I think the craze sucks!]

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Raud]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Well there is one you missed debunking. My guess is because there is no actual lititure I can find on it but was in one of the video's posted here so I'll try to remember what it was.

There is a certain magnetic frequency that eminates from the earth. It aparently has some scientific name but can't remember what it's called but do recall the frequency numbers to a point.

3, 3, 4, 4, 5,..........14, 14, and in 2012 it is supposedly increasing from 14 to 23.

They say it's no big deal.

The human dna sequence of patterns has a possible 60 some patterns. Currently I believe it was said 20 or so are turned on or active if you will. The other 40 or so are turned off or inactive.

It is now being said that there is a direct coralation between this frequency and the number of DNA sequences being active. Who's saying this I don't know because I can't find any actual littiture to back it up. Just the one video I happened to watch here the other day. In the video they claim that each time this number is increased there is a coralation between human advancement and the number increasing.

The claim is that when the frequency ups to 23 in 2012 it will activate or turn on more of the sequences mapped in the DNA. Causing us in effect to become more intelligent or enlightened however you want to put it.

Maybe someone here knows which video it's from. It seems to be an odd theory as first I thought it had something to do with sequencing genomes but it doesn't appear to be that from what I can tell unless there was something I'm missing. Or the author of the video is a total nut job and has no idea what their talking about.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Hey Raud!

Well... I'm no expert, by far hehe, but I recall becoming interested in all this stuff around three years ago, pretty much when everyone else I know started to pick up on it and decided to believe or debunk or simply watch and wonder, at least thats what it seems. As far as the craze - I just think the mass confussion/agitation alone is interesting to note at this point in time really. Its as if our species is out of their minds wondering what in the world is hapening around them while strings of events seem to take place faster than we can make sense of them - furthering the maddness.

Cause and effect maybe.

Again - no idea, but it's a neat time to be alive on this planet.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
EXCELLENT, IMPARTIALITY and HARD RESEARCH.

You've made me proud to be of the same Generation.

Biggest fear for this world at this moment in time is the Corrupt Human Powers

running out Globe!........ THIS will be where Prophecies will find Truth !

OMG You have to be kidding me LOL

ILLUMINATI , is the ANTI SPAM WORD ?

The ILLUMINATI are the biggest threat to our World at this moment in time!

Peace Brother.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by promomag
I would have given this video a lot more credit if the narrator didn't say the reasons for whatever events are happening now are not related to 2012 but to the Bible.

Gotta agree with you there...
So everything about 2012 is wrong accept that cataclysm will still happened because the Bible, not the Mayan calendar predicts it

Thought it was pretty good until the part he says I still believe it will happen, but for this reason

Voice also sounded like Phil Plait

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Agreed.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amenti but I told the truth as i see it.

That is the problem these days...

many truths as seen by many people... but no real TRUTH

Using the Bible to point to "End of Days" in my opinion is just the same as all the rest of the Doom Sayers on Nibiru...

I even had a group going door to door wanted me to join their Church because God was about the wipe out the world...

I asked them the logic of why would I want to join a religion that tells me their god is about to wipe us out? They had no answer... I hope they think about that a little.

Destroying the world? Sounds more like the work of that Other Guy

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

but I told the truth as i see it

"As I see it" is a phrase denoting a subjective view. The truth is not subjective, it is objective. The Truth is demonstrable, measurable, and observable by all. The truth "as I see it", is not truth at all - but rather a subjective interpretation of the truth. There's a big difference.

I'm sorry, but you are right. You're inability at the end of the video to keep your critical thinking skills in tact and separate theology from physical reality has thrown your credibility into question. It is good, at least, that you provided links and sources - however, for people to follow and research the topic on their own if they do not trust your analysis to be without bias.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I loved the video, but my alarms bells started ringing the moment you said that the bible has "NEVER missed in regards to prophecy", "is 100% accurate", and that of the prophecies "ALL OF WHICH came 100% true". Come on now...are you serious? The bible is 100% true? EVERY single prophecy 100% true? Pffft. Impossible.

J. Barton Payne’s, Encyclopedia of Biblical Prophecy (New York: Harper & Row, 1973) lists 1,239 prophecies in the Old Testament, and 578 prophecies in the New Testament, for a total of 1,817. These encompass 8,352 verses.

And just for the record - if/when Jesus does come back it is a huge contradiction to describe Jesus as such a loving being but then to say he would deny a person entry to heaven on the basis of simply not believing in him/the father/god/whatever. He would NEVER do that.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

I even had a group going door to door wanted me to join their Church because God was about the wipe out the world...

I asked them the logic of why would I want to join a religion that tells me their god is about to wipe us out? They had no answer... I hope they think about that a little.

Hahaha, I just love that!
A few weeks ago, me and my friend was sitting at home doing nothing when an eldery man rang the door-bell asking us to join Yehovas.
After some talk, he almost joined us instead! Made him say "err, err, hmm" a major number of times.
Some months before that two elderly women tried the same, handing out a leaflet saying "Beware of false gods!". I said; "this might come in handy", thanked for the visit and closed the door.
Yehovas leaflet- 5 cents.
The irony of the title- priceless.

Destroying the world? Sounds more like the work of that Other Guy

Doens't have to be the "other" guy. Compared to what the frist guy has done, it makes sense...

(sorry for being OT)

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

I enjoyed your presentation , but an important point here you have missed, your opinion is , The bible is a book filled with prophesy.
In mathew 24,7 when asked when will our system end , it says the signs of the last days, kindom will rise against kindom and nation will rise against nation, in other words the 1st world war (the reason it is so called) plus many other signs (look it up) it also says those that see these things, this generation will not pass away until the end comes.
So those born before WW1 ie, 1913 would be alive to see the end times, that would make them 95 years old, how many are there left.
2012 is a date that has been put forward, and maybe these climatic changes that have been prophesied, but a lot of coincidences, don,t you think?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers

Originally posted by fleabit
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

Why would they? There is a series of events over the last 20 years that could be attributed to global warming. It's kind of hard to miss melting glaciers, ice shelves falling off, and holes in our ozone. There is absolutely nothing that points to any event in 2012. Why would anyone become aware of it?

So the fact that the glaciers in the North are much bigger now than they were in the 1970's means nothing to you does it not? Do you not recall that in the 1970's the 'scientists' were predicting 'GLOBAL COOLING'?

So what series of events are pointing to global warming?

Could it be the fact that snow has just fallen in many Southern African countries? How do I know this? Simple, a friend of mine lives down there and has recently sent me pictures... a school trip which has never encountered snow fall before had to be rescued by helicopter, because 1 inch of snow cut them off...! Go figure. It must be all that global WARMING causing snow fall, during the Southern SUMMER!!!

Damn, I hate it when common sense and empirical evidence are wrong...

I didn't state my stance on global warming, I stated the reason that have been touted across the media outlets that global warming is said to exist. How many cantidates said they believe manmade conditions is causing global warming? That would be all of them, including the vice president cantidates. So obviously, the reasons given and the theory of global warming is very well known.

How many cantidates even realize there IS some kind of conspiracy behind 2012? I'd guess none of them.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
There is more than one way to end the world. The ones he pointed out are obvious bs.

What about war? Nuclear winter?

Suppose there is so little oil in the world and people have to fight for it. Eventually nuclear weapons would be used.

What about disease? Maybe something like the bubonic plague that might end all life on Earth.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join