It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 totally debunked!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I have my own opinions on the bible stuff.
But I am curious to hear yours.
Could you elaborate on these prophecies that have come true? Or at least give me some links to look at?

Have other prophecies from other religions not come true?
I would be interested to know.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
2012 is hardly debunked, those were just a HANDFULL of theories of what will happen.

but IMHO nothing significant will happen on a cosmic scale, I forsee some cosmic awareness coming to people but this is more due to the anticipation of 2012.

I also think a world-war might be set off because the self-fulfilling prophecy that may very well be 2012.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

I have to agree with you on this. I think the 2012 prophecies are a catalyst to encourage people to open their minds. Since I have been telling my friends about the coming enlightenment of 2012. I have made it a point to dispell fears of global catastrophy, rather to point to the heightening of the global consciousness. I have seen in the short term, several of my friends starting to make personal "discoveries" and question the world around them rather than just dismiss information and follow blindly. More and more, people seem to be engaging me in political, socialogical, religious and prophetic conversations. More people, as they hear me talking to others, join in and give comment and opinion, listen to my opinion and we debate. I have learned from others as I have taught others. I tend to speak matter-of-factly and this lends to people trying to validate or debunk my facts, as well as to find out more information for themselves.
If the 2012 prophecy does nothing else, I would like to see more people take the time to learn for themselves and begin to experience their world with open eyes and open minds. This could lend to a self-fullfilling prophecy or enlightenment, developing over the next 4 years and nothing more need happen on 12-21-12. It will pass as any other day and people will have already transformed themselves into more intelligent, enlighten individuals.

That is what the 2012 prophecy means to me. It is my view of the theory and in the spirit I have chosen to address it and spread it, it cannot be debunked.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
i'm willing to bet that nothing's going to happen on 12-21-12, but that date is going to start something bigger.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
you are right 2012 is wrong but you fail to realize that 2012 is 2008
proof
show me a better alignment than this one

< br />
it form a christan cross.here check it for yourself
space.jpl.nasa.gov...

input the time as dec 23 2007,with field view of 5 degress.check dec 2012 and there is no alignment

[web.archive.org...://www.incapabledesetaire.com/edito/secretwash.htm]
archive.dailypicture.net...

youtube

coupled with this thread its safe to say 2012 is 2008
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2-11-2008 by greenjuice]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
So much for Hidden_Hand

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I liked it all up until he basically said, "LETS ALL BELIEVE THE BIBLE GUIZZZ".

I just needed something like this to make me go, "Yeah I know nothing crazy will happen on December 21st 2012, but I hope something awesome does".

Stupid bible comment, why'd he have to do that? He critically thought out the whole 2012 thing, but for the bible he just expects us to take his word for it.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I have a little pyschic gift: I can dream of the future very accurately.
I know something will happen soon enough for all to see, maybe not in 2012 exactly, could even be before that. I knew of this even before I found out about the Maya prophecies.
I can predict events of planetary scale and world changing events are linked to our Sun- and that's just the beginning, after that it is going to be really distressing for most and I rather not talk about it.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Maybe the end comes in 2112 - isn't that the name of the RUSH album?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

Great Refrence's and story telling.
Strange you don't reference the bible code, so saying it's totally debunked when you really draw the same conclusion as the rest of the flock it also seem's strange.
The Bible code book's written by Micheal Drosin (i belive it's his name) offer of insight to this happeneing in our culture.
I personally belive the Torah is some type of coded book but I truly don't belive that God has ever interfered with this galactic pinball game called our universe. What is the point of making a wonderfully random universe if your going to just finger f^ck it at every crossroad and toy with it.

The Bible code reported a 2012 meteor and the phrase" I will crush it." all within the ELS, i belive the Torah and it's wisdom was passed by EBE's and they are the one's looking after us. Perhaps they own us and are looking after their investment, or looking to hit the reset switch on this game of life.
30,000 died of starvation yesterday and we think that this plastic and material world is what fufill's us. The actor's and athlete's and their fancy crap.
Rise above the hate and ignorance and lead by example. Here's a couple site's to check out for thoose of you who careBible Code
Starvation

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
why'd you have to go and destroy all rumors and hypotheses about 2012.

now there's nothing to look forward to.

except ...

um

the Project Bluebeam lightshow.

you party pooper.

-

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

Great post wheresthetruth, I really can't elaborate much on that because you hit the nail right on the head. This is not some doomsday prophecy or something that you will be able to measure and quantify.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Starred and flagged. I don't usually agree with Bible thumpers, but I have to admit that I was impressed by that video. Nice references, etc. Very un-conspiracy theory.

References people!
OMG?!?!?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I am thinking 2010 or early 2011....But this will be us doing it, not our toasters eating us.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I find your name highly offensive. I am surprised ATS allowed it.

[reply to username removed ]

[edit on 2-11-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle

I find your name highly offensive. I am surprised ATS allowed it.

....as opposed to moderately or slightly offensive.

-
[reply to username removed]

[edit on 2-11-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The very beginning of the video, i downloaded the whole video says that the theories are like snow flakes, no 2 are alike... I would have to say that is bunk right from the get go... Most end in some sort of earth shattering disaster for one and most of which are death by fire... Most maybe all predictions are in the form of fire, whether it be war, global warming, volcano's, meteor/comet, supernova, solar flair, gamma blasts, you name it... All do something to the earth in the form of fire and or heat in some way... so there is another... but I will continue to watch the rest of this film...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
great vid, no doubt about it. I respect you have your own oppinion on what is causing it all, but I too would like to see a list of all the prophecies made by the bible. It seems that with a book like the bible, I don't think there are actual names referenced to wars, when, where and what will start it all. It actually IS like prophecies made by nostradamus. You can tie almost anything to the text. It's had it chance for 2000 years to makeat least SOME predictions come true, in a sense that you can put names to that prophecy which has no names in it and make it seem as though it was all about that particular event...

Other than that. Thanks for the in detail "debunkin" of 2012
really appreciate it

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Very well done to you!

Enjoyed the video and some of the sites you put down! Keep up the good work! We need more people like you on ATS

Star and flag x

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
2012 is hardly debunked, those were just a HANDFULL of theories of what will happen.

but IMHO nothing significant will happen on a cosmic scale, I forsee some cosmic awareness coming to people but this is more due to the anticipation of 2012.

I also think a world-war might be set off because the self-fulfilling prophecy that may very well be 2012.

I honestly don't get why people feel this way (not just about this topic, but about many conspiracy topics). There can hardly be an awareness or a self-fulfilling prophecy when the actual # of people for whom 2012 has any relevance at all is actually quite tiny. Even in countries where there is more access to media an the Internet, the number of people who are aware there is even any predictions at all is probably less than 1% of the population.

At very best, around December 10th, some media sources *might* make a fun comment about the predictions just before the end of the news hour, or it perhaps will be in Section D in your local newspaper next to the funnies. Honestly, most won't have a clue this date means a thing.

Every time I hear something talked about on these boards, and how the globe will be waiting with bated breath, I just shake my head confused. There is a reason people use the (imo derogatory) term "sheeples" on conspiracy sites. To point out the supposedly huge # of completely unaware people on the planet. Of course, they don't consider that many people have different goals, cares, worries, and desire to know about worldwide events and government politics. But the point remains: a tiny % of people actually have even heard that this date means a thing. If you work at a regular place with say, 100 employees, ask around.. see if 2012 has any significance. I have a feeling about 1 in the 100 might have a clue. There can be no awareness if no one is aware.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join