It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army plans to seize 7 million acres in southeast Colorado

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Army plans to seize 7 million acres in southeast Colorado

censored-news.blogspot.com

TRINIDAD, Colorado -- The Pentagon has been planning since at least 2004 to acquire almost 7 million acres in southeastern Colorado, forcing more than 17,000 residents off their land to establish the largest military base in the world, according to documents obtained in a federal court case.

The unprecedented acquisition of 6.9 million acres, or 10,800 square miles, of private and public land would result in a military reservation larger than some states, including Massachusetts, New Hampshire and New Jersey. The multi-service battlefield would be more than triple the size of the enormous White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico, which at 3,200 square miles is currently the largest military installation in the United States. It would undermine the whole southeastern corner of Colorado east of the Rockies destroying the last intact shortgrass prairie remaining in the American Great Plains.

The May 2004 policy document prepared by Fort Carson was obtained as part of a federal court challenge to Pentagon plans to expand the size and boundaries of the 238,000-acre Pinon Canyon Maneuver Site (PCMS). A copy of the document, titled "Analysis of Alternatives Study: Pinon Canyon Manueuver Site, Colorado," can be found at www.not1moreacre.net/docs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
gnn.tv

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I would not normally consider this a news site, however this was picked up by GNN.tv and has documentation to back themselves up.

What the hell does the Army want such a gigantic military base for? Why don't they spend some money on the armor vests.

The other scary thing to me aside from being so huge is they plan on using it with foreign troops for exercises. I am very uncomfortable of having the largest military base in the world only to allow other armies on it...

censored-news.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Wow...that is a LOT of land.
I'd imagine driving around it would be problematic for some as well, but far be it from the military to cave in to the public.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Very interested to see how this plays out. Hopefully someone from the CO area in question can give more info. S+F

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
When I lived there there was an open war between the army and the local ranchers who wanted to keep their livelihood. The army was threatening them with eminant domain.

The combined military branches already have an incredible amounf of land up there. I cannot fathom why they feel they need more, escpecially if it's for the purposes stated in the article.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Seems as though Colorado is quite the location for unusual activity:
- Denver International Airport and their odd murals and layout
- Miles of underground city in/around Denver Intl. Airport that extend 20 miles out (or so)
- Queen of England reportedly purchasing massive amounts of land around the Denver area

And now this. Just seems so odd. Is something planned for Colorado that people just aren't in the know of?

[edit on 29-10-2008 by MOFreemason]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

links to your claims?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Give me a few minutes to dig up some links online here.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I can't link any references but I remember the local people quite often talked about a secret highway connecting Cheyenne Mountain and DIA.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Those are indeed quite fantastic coincidences. Maybe it will be the capital of the NWO? =)

Not to mention Colorado Springs / Cheyenne Mountain and the CIA.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Here's a link about DIA:
www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

www.geocities.com...

[edit on 29-10-2008 by MOFreemason]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Thanks for the link, had read it before.......I (up until a year ago) flew in and out of DIA alot, looked at the murals, saw a lot of stuff, but not what was claimed in the site......Not that I am saying your premise is wrong, but I just haven't seen much evidence.......watch for contractors on the new land, see what they specialize in....

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by habu71

I know for a fact that when they finished the flood prevention tunnels here and a few other cities in Connecticut 8-9 years ago, all of the tunnel rats and sand hogs on this project left for Colorado to do some tunnel work around the Denver area. Maybe the reports of these tunnels are correct!

Zindo

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
A fortified area, under military jurisdiction; seized by virtue of eminent domain, for the purpose of establishing what?

A good place for the "government club" to hide out, don't you think?

I wonder what 'private' corporations will be operating in there? Will all the billions of dollars spent on infrastructure and support spent there be proportionate to that spent in the remainder of the country?

What is the 'need' that this Military-Industrial "state holding' serve?

And how would we know if anything nefarious or ill-advised were happening somewhere within this 11 million square mile area were occurring?

Will we be allowed, as citizens, to attempt to challenge this wealth-draining project, which will no doubt keep the American people from EVER making a full economic recovery?

Sorry..., I was in a questioning mood...

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

I dislike personal anecdotal stuff, but in the interest of discussion, I had an ABQ (Albuquerque) long layover a few years back and got into a chat with a guy in a restaurant. He claimed to be an electrical excavation worker and said that they were digging a deep trench in NW New Mexico for a heavy electrical trunk that deadended into a mountainside. Allegedly, 2 of their group walked up the mountain and were never seen again.....strange? Anyone else heard anything similar or seen data about DIA?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I don't know if its anecdotal or not but the four guys that lived upstairs in the apartment above me for 4 years where the ones I was talking about. They started out as NYC subway sand hogs and left to become hard rock miners. They are the ones I posted about. The guys wandering off to never be seen again? VERY spooky!! Also very probable!

Zindo

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by habu71

I did read that many of the murals were painted over, since they were initially a little morbid.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I expect this trend to continue. The NWO is basically a powergrab and their government model is feudalism. Now, under feudalism the feudal lord has control of the land and everyone else is tennants on it, having to work to pay their living rights, most of the produce belonging to the lord. Back in those days nobody was allowed more than a few miles from their villages... That is why the NWO is neither new nor is it order. It's just age old opression, coming from the same bloodlines most likely.

This sort of move to me suggests a long term strategy of population relocation to the cities, where they would be more easily "manageable", while at the same time keeping the landscape pristine for the jerks at the top of the social pyramid to go hunting in and build mansions and whatnot. Population relocation is much commented by Alex Jones, and the whole move to feudalism was a bilderburger leak.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
We have become one scary ass country haven't we. Why do we let them do a monstrously huge money sucking project that has no strategic value except against us?

Military strategy, especially in the advanced weapon era we find ourselves in is best if spread out and have more targets than just a few targets. Remember bases all over the country are slated for closing.

A large base right in the middle of the country is only beneficial if it is to be used against or defending itself from its own people. Think about it there is no other reason.

This and the fact that it is the second largest seat of the Fed and at the same time having DIA so far from Denver with all the anomalies that have already been pointed out the CIA, Cheyenne mountain and now this base....no good.

Doesnt GE make most of the ICBM's where the Columbine High School massacre happened?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join