It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army plans to seize 7 million acres in southeast Colorado

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Any chance this might be the new NORTHCOM HQ?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Northcom is at Peterson AirForce base CS CO.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

I knew they already had a HQ in Colorado, just wondering how big they are going to make NORTHCOM. Hopefully not 7 million acres worth of troops big.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

It is supposed to be huge. The number off the top of my head is 30,000+ troops added to Ft. Carson alone.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
U.S. troops would have a problem enforcing martial law upon their own family, friends and neighbors, BUT foreign troops would not. That's what bothers me about having them on our soil.....yes, we do have troops/bases in other countries, but isn't that usually to HELP them (other countries) with their military actions and/or bring civility to the people who live in that said country from their own government(s) [or at least that is what is supposed to happen]? Do we really need help from other countries with our own military?? I work next to a Navy recruiting office and I see men and women signing up everyday....is there really such a shortage that we need foreign troops??

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
im sure we have pleny of troops, its wat theyre going to be doing with our troops that bothers me. they bring all these other country troops in for so called excercises when in the past this wouldnt even be plausible due to the national security. and you would think after all the security beef-ups and national security step-ups this would be impossible. ally or not.

so we have to know that somthing extra is going on.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
All I've heard is "negotiations" and "plans", it isn't a done deal yet. As for livlihoods, there are very few people living in that area because of lack of water, uncontaminated water that is, drought and sparse graze.
Personally I wouldn't mind if they did take the land and then move most of Ft. Carson dependents down there into military housing. We are congested with more and more military moving in here, causing traffic problems, cost of living increase and just plain congestion everywhere. Ship two thirds of the people living on and around Ft. Carson to Pinon Canyon and this might be a nice safe place to live again. US Army brats bring crime, gangs, shootings, drugs to quiet neighborhoods. Many military men can't drive worth a darn. My '77 Pontiac was hit by a GI running a red light in his brand now '06 Mustang and Mustang pieces scattered all over the road while the Pontiac just wobbled a bit. I was able to drive across the street to get out of traffic's way while the Mustang laid in the street broken. My Pontiac is on the road again and the Mustang now sits in a salvage lot. This is common all over the city of Colorado Springs. Let them take the land and get rid of these people we don't want here.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I think you are probably right about extensive tunnels around the country and I think it is a great idea. With satellites to watch us, going underground is the best thing plus it would provide shelter for military in time of war. I don't buy the UFO stuff.
i have heard equipment sounds coming thru' the water pipes in my house at night but when I went outside to see where they construction was going on, all was silent. I went back to bed and heard construction soI believe there are tunnels and I think it is a great idea. I would be surprised and disappointed if we aren't tunneling.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
it is becoming common for foreign countries to use US government bases for testing and training.
integrator.hanscom.af.mil...
www.accessmylibrary.com...

British and German squadrons are active at China Lake Calif.

This land grab may be another multi government training and testing base
both the British and Germans are out of land to use for aircraft and tank training.
What better then rent land from the US government to use for there training.

That way they don't pollute there land and they don't have there wind turbines damaged by aircraft

[edit on 22-11-2008 by ANNED]

[edit on 22-11-2008 by ANNED]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
Hello, again. Well I asked around at the base I work at, and I got a few "winks, and nods" about the government buying this land. No one would tell me what it was for but said it was "a good thing." So......I guess we will have to wait and see. Sorry I could not get more info.

The question is: "Who" thought it is a good thing? Did these people actually know something or were they just trying to impress you? If they did know something, what is their place in the scheme of things?

My point being -- Actions that Hitler, Stalin or their mindless followers thought to be a "good thing" might not go so well with the general public. Also, the question arises: Who are you? You might be just what your persona represents. Then again, you might not.

Too many questions, too few answers. I sure would love to know the facts......

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

The land is practically barren. The water is contaminated by the Summitville mines and the chemicals used to separate the ores. It's unhealthy to live anywhere downstream from Summitville and that takes in most of southeastern Colorado, particularly Pinon canyon. Those chemicals are still leaching into the water and will for decades; there was supposed to be a "cleanup" but somehow it never happened. Lethal chemicals used to disolve rock and seperate ores. Even the weeds are unhealthy and splindly. It's practically a dead land. Summitville is a scandal everyone is turning their backs on and no one talks about it. Look up the Summitville mines and you'll see its a disaster.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Alikospah

Sounds like it was done on purpose to be able to take the land....

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

my thoughts exactly , a base with that much land mass has pretty much been used in future weapons. Landing fields for shuttles (which are going to be retired soon ) and as we all know they wouldnt retire the shuttle fleet without a replacement. Or maybe they will finally come out of the shell about the UFOs and need a place to bring them in or out. As a prior member of the military I see few Logical reasons for such a base . Putting to large a target on a military facility with the modern technology available to the highest bidders. Will have to watch and see.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 2stepsfromtop

I agree with that totally and if ya tell me how to star ya I will , one only has to look at the former empires of the world to see how being the patrol officers of the planet works . It doesnt .

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

or maybe it's the capital of the North American Union which i believe is soon to be ushered in thru the backdoors of the whitehouse. i don't know how i missed this thread excepting i was having problems w/family at that time.

starred and flagged.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join