It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army plans to seize 7 million acres in southeast Colorado

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Maybe somebody needs to address this question to McCain and Obama and see which one will answer! It is quite strange. When I go to work tonight I will ask around the Naval base I work at. Sometimes when the "guys" have had too much to drink they fill me in on things. Don't worry, I will not tell things that would put us in danger as I am a Vetran myself but believe some things should be known by all the "people."

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The ARMY has plenty of bases and land already, period.

What this country needs are it's ranches and farms and people working for a living to sustain our damaged economy. Country first, Citizens first.

The only reason the Military has "National Security" in mind is because they don't want the citizens to know what they are doing, it is time to end that bullcrap and make the military transparent to the people of the United States. Close most of the well over 100 bases outside the United States and bring our troops back to our country.

We are not the police of this planet and cannot sustain that kind of force without breaking the bank. Put our Military to work protecting our borders, put them to work cleaning up their own messes they made.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
that's really odd isn't it. why would they want that much space?
IMO they need some breathing room so that people can't see things. so whatever is going to be housed there will probably be big.

maybe it's the landing area for some ufo mother ships and they don't want people to know about it.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well, here is additional info. from a news source:

I live in Colorado on a space base, for the record.

Here is what I found online (im c&p it all in case it ever disspears
):

www.rockymountainnews.com...

Smaller expansion among proposals for maneuver area
By Carlyn Ray Mitchell , The Gazette
Published March 7, 2008 at 12:30 a.m.
Updated March 7, 2008 at 2:33 a.m.

The Army is examining options for its proposed expansion of the Pinon Canyon Maneuver Site, including one presented last week to southern Colorado officials for an expansion a quarter the size of the original plan.

Las Animas County commissioners learned of the option of expanding the site by 100,000 acres - instead of the 418,000 acres originally proposed - at a meeting with Army officials at the Pentagon.

Commissioner Jim Montoya said Army officials told him and his colleagues that the smaller expansion wouldn't require the use of eminent domain, which Montoya said he took to mean the Army has identified willing sellers in the area.

The Army has said it needs to increase the 368-square-mile Pinon Canyon site to about 1,000 square miles to accommodate training for 10,000 more troops being transferred to Fort Carson.

Ranchers in the region have fought the expansion since the proposal was unveiled in 2006, claiming that the Army will seize land under federal condemnation laws.

Army officials said Thursday that the 100,000-acre expansion option - called "Area A" - is one of several that the military is required to look at under the 2008 Defense Authorization Act, which put Pinon Canyon expansion plans on hold for a year so the Army can further study the area and prove to Congress the need for expansion.

"The Army is required under the report to consider whether there are quantifiable training benefits to be gained from acquiring something less than the full 418,000 (acres) training land requirement originally sought," Army spokesperson Dave Foster said in a statement.

Other options include expanding into the 300,000 acre "Area B" and sticking with the original plan of expanding into both Areas A and B.

Foster said while the Army has had "limited, informal contact with nearby landowners regarding both potential willingness and unwillingness to sell property to the Army, . . . no formal negotiations have ever occurred with property owners."

MORE sources:

www.denverpost.com...

[edit on 10/30/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Look no further than Nixon Power Plant South of Fort Carson. Take a look on Google Earth. Looks to me like the mechanics of an underground ventilation and power supply.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Here it is folks! The worlds largest FEMA camp!!!!

its incredible that the government can destroy the last intact shortgrass prairie remaining in the American Great Plains. But, if a citizen were to dig up that grass they'd be fined and/or incarcerated.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by scrubsnstuffkim
It would be much easier to implement "martial law" if the ones enforcing it were not American soldiers.....as American soldiers would not rise against their own...just a thought.

No doubt. The other scary scenario is the FEMA camp.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Thats just showing an area of 10,000 square miles. I made it so I could get a visual, but i figured I would share it with all you nice folks.

Its pretty crazy to think about.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by urk71

FEMA camp maybe. But I don't think the camp would be for you and me.
My friends and I have been discussing the camps. And IMO the camps are there if we ever go to war with Iran or the entire middle east. I'm thinking we are just a step away fom a holy war with radical Islam. If that happens and the crap hits the fan we will be sticking muslims in those camps. Just like we did the Japanese in WWII. Of course it will be to "protect them" not because we dont' like them or anything like that.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I can't believe no one has realized what the significance of Colorado is in the scheme of things.

What's Denver's nickname? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

It's the "mile high city."

Colorado has an average elevation of 6800 feet, it's located inland and has mountains which provide natural defense features. Albuquerque is actually higher, but located too close to the Mexican border, as is El Paso. Washington DC is about 400 ft. and is vulnerable to attacks by water.

If you were going to choose a location for a new government, Colorado makes the most sense.

So let's have numerous scenarios. . . say melting polar ice caps. Which cities go under first? New York. New Orleans, San Francisco, Jacksonville. . .

Major earthquake in the New Madrid Fault. . . expected in the next few years and, if it is like the one in 1811 will divide the country in half, killing millions. For an interesting read, look up Edgar Cayce's future predictions for the US. By the way, the British Isles are supposed to sink. That may be why the Queen is buying land in Colorado.

New Madrid Earthquake

New Data Confirms Strong Earthquake Risk to Central U.S.
By Robert Roy Britt, LiveScience Senior Writer
A colossal earthquake that caused damage from South Carolina to Washington D.C. and temporarily reversed the course of the Mississippi River nearly two centuries ago could be repeated within the next 50 years, scientists said today.

Strain is building on a fault near Memphis, Tennessee that was the site of a magnitude 8.1 earthquake in 1812. . .

The odds of another 8.0 event within 50 years are between 7 and 10 percent, geologists said today. . . .

Such a strong earthquake would rock the entire eastern half of the country and prove devastating to the local region.

A lesser but still damaging quake of magnitude 6 or greater has a 90 percent chance of striking in the next five decades.

The western half of the US from the Mississippi River has lower population density, higher number of farms, a better armed populace, and is more self-sustaining. The east coast is more liberal, has a high concentration of people living on the coastlines and in urban areas, and let's face it, DC has the worst crime in the nation.

Solar power is feasible in the southwest, as is wind power. There are far more state and federal lands set aside in BLM areas, national and state parks.

Oh yeah, I forgot. If California slides into the Pacific and most of Mexico is underwater, can you imagine the racial profile of the remaining area west of the Mississippi?

If the US splits in half, which side of the continent would you want to be on?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This a great thread because it reminded me Denver's airport.It was something that really got my attention but eventually i forgot about it.Thanks to the people posting those links up,i think i'm gonna look about that myself too.

About the base though...many assumption can be made which can hardly lead somewhere.Personally i have no ideas to share,just a big question mark over my head.

I wish you people good luck in your research though!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HollowPointPeace

That is gigantic. I just can't fathom what the hell they want with all of that.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 4N6310

Cave is an interesting choice of words.

Anonymous

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

That is as large as some countries! Well it is not such a good idea if you ask me to place that many eggs in one basket.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
In the HAB theory when sit x comes up there is the safest place on Earth to be is this it. Why else would you need so much space and why there.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Does the U.S. government already have a place to go in case of an emergency, something major, like an attack on major cities or a nuclear bomb or such, some place large enough for everyone and self contained for a long time? Maybe that is what this will be, large for all government people and military command, a place to continue running the country from, one centralized loction.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

I have family that lives very close to the region they are wanting to take over, and the main rumor that they have heard is that most of the area resembles Pakistan/Afghanistan terrains. I'm not too certain of the differences in elevation of the plains compared to the foreign countries however. I have driven through there a few times though and it's a beautiful drive.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
You know, it just occurred to me that OldMedic's point is worth a mention.

Even under seizure by eminent domain, the owners of the property must be compensated 'fairly'. Considering the "pop" in the housing bubble, property values have dropped what, 15%, more?

Big Brother will save a bundle compensating them once the market is fully depressed. Maybe that's what the 2.1 Trillion dollars "lost" by the pentagon (according to former Secretary Rumsfeld on September 10, 2001) was for; the "big" land purchase.

Well, maybe not; but regardless. They will save at least billions by doing it later rather than in 2004 when the plan surfaced.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Not to mention all of the weird activities up at Kimball Castle in Sedalia for the Spring and Winter Solstices, as well as other times of the year. I haven't looked yet, but does this military land grab cover that castle area? Now THAT would be weird!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join