It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army plans to seize 7 million acres in southeast Colorado

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jasestrong2

I dunno, they claimed to have shut down Norad, but I don't believe it one bit. But you have a good point. Guess we all have some investigating to do. I'll dig up what I can when time allows.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Funny thought just popped into my head - What if the US military are planning to start up their very own space program? Think about it, let NASA and all the other space agencies do all the hard work, make all the mistakes - solve all the problems and say 'Thank you very much - We'll take it from here'

Just a though to throw into the pot.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Oddly enough, a space station was recently being considered near the base in western Oklahoma and now the area in Colorado that is being bought up is very close to Oklahomas "Bermuda Triangle". Why that particular area? Colorado land is not cheap and if the military just needed cheap land and lots of it, Colorado would not be my first choice (although it is very pretty.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
www.pinoncanyon.com...

There are many maps here, including the initial leaked map.

Sorry about the edit, but I want to include this video too, it explains the whole thing from the viewpoint of the ranchers there who are fighting against it.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by Jadette]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Thanks, I do have several friends in that area. I'm going to get in touch with them to see what they know.

Roper

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It wouldn't hurt to research why Denver, Colorado and Vienna, Austria are so important for the United States and the European Union, respectively. New capitals/headquarters for both unions ring a bell?

[edit on 30-10-2008 by manticore]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

the u.s.government has made a deal and has been told by the Penagon that E.T"s from outer space will arive to earth in febuary 2009 and they will need a place to live . these E.T".s will not be seen by the general population of earth at time and place of landing...........use your commin sence the Penagon is not that STUPIT or that DUM to put the countrys military in one location for any enemy of this country to 'DELETE". or are they???????????

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

the u.s.government has made a deal and has been told by the Penagon that E.T"s from outer space will arive to earth in febuary 2009 and they will need a place to live . these E.T".s will not be seen by the general population of earth at time and place of landing...........use your commin sence the Penagon is not that STUPIT or that DUM to put the countrys military in one location for any enemy of this country to 'DELETE". or are they???????????

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Basically what has been happening here is a couple years back they had finished plans to exten NORAD or in another way of putting it, Duplicating Norad at south east side of Colorado Springs Peterson AFB, headquarters of NORTHCOMM. Since then they have announced their desire to basically expand the sout end of Ft. Carson all the way near Pueblo, which is currently known as Pinion, there are mayny ranchers who live on this land and have been fighting the military to stop this from happening as their homes and lives are on this land.

Last summer there were several grass fires that span across several days. According to the local news, residents were not allowed within so many miles of the actual grass fires taking place. Local news coverage clearly shown fires that were burning in a straight line, typical of a controlled fire. Furthermore, the grass that grows in this area is very dry, but doesn't typically get longer than a foot and a half. Local News reports stated that the fires where so large they would jump from one side of the street to the other. Many of the locals in this area were later admitted back into the area, for some only to see what little was left of their homes.

If I remember correctly, many of the local firefighters where left on call, while jurisdiction was left over to military firefighters.

Now then, I am sure alot of you know about the happenings at Denver International Airport. At the airport engraved in the floor is a phrase that is Anasazi, "DZIT DIT GAII" meaning White Mountain or Mt. Blanca which is located near the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Alamosa, Colorado a place with extreme UFO activity. Mt. Blanca is one of four sacred mountains of the Navajo region, a territory which is predominately Navajo and Native American and is filled with Indian Reservations per the Indian Reservation Act.

Trinidad is near the southern border North East of Dulce, it os said that from Norad the tunnnels go through MT. Blanca and in that same direction to Dulce, NM.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by 12.21.12]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by manticore

I dont know about Vienna but denver colorado is about 1 mile above sea level and is thought to be the reason why the airport was rebuilt with extensive underground facilities "in case" of a global catastrophe that resulted in the sea levels rising, eg - large meteor strike. Anyone know the altitude of the Vienna location? I think the queen of uk buying land out there is a little worrying! What do they know that we dont? 2012 maybe?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
PS: Heres a map of the alleged underground tunnels which you speak.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by manticore

Been speculating on this while reading the thread. Assuming that the stories about underground bases and tunnel systems in the region are true, can't we compare it to the vast tunnel system that is supposed to be used by Al-Qaida in the mountains of Afghanistan? Think about how much difficulty the US military is having in tracking and capturing them. If some kind of doomsday scenario did play out or if some high ranking officials needed someplace to hideout from the pubic for a while, wouldn't that sort of network of safe houses be beneficial to military, politicians, elites, and powerbrokers in the US?

I like to think I am a skeptic, but a lot of the threads here on ATS generally point towards some kind of major worldwide event (i.e. pandemic, nuclear war, alien invasion, civil war, world war, or all of the above!). With that in mind, I can think of many reasons why Denver is an ideal location for military, government, or what have you:

-Central location provides maximum time for land-based missle defense systems to intercept ICBMs
-High elevation of surrounding land provides advantages in land-based invasion and/or resistance scenarios
-Underground bases and tunnel systems provide safe haven to ensure survival in event of many kinds of catastrophe
-NORTHCOM and NORAD are essentially a stones throw from Denver
-Apart from Denver itself, it is very isolated from the major population centers of the US
-Very close to proposed plans for Trans Texas Corridor, a side project of the North American Union

I think you get the idea: Wouldn't the ultimate fortress be one that is hidden from the naked eye?

And for all you prophecy nuts, I just had to mention how this thread reminded me of the book Alas, Babylon. It is a fiction by Pat Frank that details the aftermath of nuclear war between US and USSR back in the 60s. For those who have read it, anybody remember what city became the new capital of the US after most major cities were decimated???

You guessed it, Denver.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

PCMS (Pinyon Canon Maneuver Site) is a maneuver area only. The increase in size would not for the creation of a fortified base like Fort Hood or Fort Carson. The increase in size would be to improve that ability of the army to rotate what areas they use for maneuver as there are a lot of environmental constraints even on PCMS as it stands now. For example, areas get restricted movement if it rains because of the soil type. Also, PCMS contains (and would contain) large areas of "no go" terrain where it is not feasible to maneuver mech forces.

I spent over years at Carson (1992-1996) working for Division Plans and Operations and also in the S-3 at one of the maneuver battalions and spent several rotations at PCMS.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar

I would not normally consider this a news site, however this was picked up by GNN.tv and has documentation to back themselves up.

What the hell does the Army want such a gigantic military base for? Why don't they spend some money on the armor vests.

The other scary thing to me aside from being so huge is they plan on using it with foreign troops for exercises. I am very uncomfortable of having the largest military base in the world only to allow other armies on it...

censored-news.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

It would be much easier to implement "martial law" if the ones enforcing it were not American soldiers.....as American soldiers would not rise against their own...just a thought.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It's all beginning to sound like HG WELLS the time machine, are we moving underground, are we preparing for nuclear war, is there a biological reason everyone is under the dirt?

An obvious answer is that what is under the ground cannot be seen from above, the military has always built under the ground, why do they need to secure the top of the property for if its half a mile under the grass?

It's just more of this world and political dominance crap, one day we all we just say screw it and quit working so they can't take what we don't have. I get so pissed off when I read about stuff like this

One time I was on a trip to el paso texas from the midwest and my car broke down by white sands on the way down there, I couldn't go anywhere , on both sides of the road were fences telling me if I crossed I would be killed, and for miles. What the hell was I suppose to do, cars rolled by this place about 75 miles and hour, no one stops, so is this the future of our wonderful CO,

I want our country to be strong, but this takes corruption to a new measure if you look to any refrence in time or world wide, People need to know what is going on down there, we need to know what they are up to, its a load of crap.
Rumor is going to be the only way we know if we need to keep our heads down in this world, you cannot trust the government to tell you, or the news. There is a limit to all things and I think this is pretty much pushing my buttons.

What do we do though, we gave em the money to do this to us, someone else should start a volunteer fund that comes out of our pay to build our own private military to protect us from our government, ten bucks a week or whatever,

right now we don't have anything to stand up to this tyranny.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
As I recall back in 2004 NORTHCOMM was developing GPS software that would track every government owned vehicle including police, ambulance and firetruck as well as all military vehicles etc, "in the event of a dirty bomb" was the so called scenario they were developing this for. In the event of a scenario such as this one, the software would be able to mock the areas that a dirty bomb would spread according to weather, they would in fact be able to know through their software which areas would be safe and those which would not be safe.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Just to add something. I heard a guest on Coast to Coast radio within the last month or two... (sorry, can't remember his name) who was talking about how he was contracted by the army to help design and build all sorts of underground tunnels, bases, etc... If I remember correctly, he was a geologist. He said the amount of space required was enormous.

He said that once he figured out what the purpose of the bases were, he got very angry, quit his job soon after, and started speaking out about it, despite numerous threats.

I don't have access to coast-to-coast pod-casts, but if someone does, I'm pretty sure there was a show about them in the last 2 months, but definitely within the last 6 months.

Maybe the tunnels/bases he was working on were those in Colorado?? Just a thought.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by nikiano]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
There is another possibility. Maybe they want to build more silos or use this as part of the missile defense system. They already have silos in northeastern Colorado. If they were looking for a diverse training ground-how about some land in Nevada?

I don't recall anything about this, but I havent lived up there in a few years now. I can send friends to have a look-but they would need to know what to look for. I just find it pretty hokie that they need this when they already have other training areas-unless they are planning on training the New World's armies...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I've lived in Colorado for the last 10 years, and grew up here as well. I've honestly not noticed anything out of the ordinary, and I do plenty of work on the military bases as well (and used to serve in Fort Carson). Until they recently closed Rocky Flats, Colorado has always been a hotspot for military activity.

NORAD is here. Pueblo Chemical Depot is here (I'm often there doing work). Air Force academy, a medical research center, Fort Carson (often on this base, there is a lot of military hardware that gets shipped around via rail here), etc.

If I had to guess why they build so much stuff here, I'd think that it's not near the coast for one (not an easy target for ships or what-not with less-than-great ranges with missles or launched aircraft), and there is plenty of open space for another. It's fairly centralized as far as it goes, a hub of highways going neatly every direction, and plenty of rail service.

DIA: I've never noticed anything out of the ordinary, and I've been there plenty, including in some of the flight control rooms, etc. My personal belief is that the artists are just freaky, I don't think they meant to depict anything NWO-ish. There is other stuff that is just ugly. For example, there was a big ol' horse statue out front, and man.. it was spooky! It had evil eyes, and actually frightened some who visited and saw it for the first time.

I've heard of tunnels, but I've never had a hint they actually exist. There are plenty of tunnels under DIA, but simply for their luggage and transit system. The few folks I've personally known who work at DIA have never seen anything suspicious, and I've asked, since I was curious about the stories of way more tunnels than needed for luggage and passenger transit. So as far as I am concerned, those are just unsubstaniated rumors.

As for WHY they are building a huge base, I'm stumped. Especially since the Army has been on a building down phase for a long while. Old bases I served at like the Presidio, all closed or reduced to a skeleton crew. The enviromental company I work for does plenty of construction work for the military, and they've been taking apart ships, military bases, etc., for a long while.

The only change was after 9/11, where the work increased for fortifying existing military bases. Building such a massive base.. that's strange to me. I don't get it. Consider Fort Carson.. there is plenty of room there. There are tank ranges, we'd go on long field marches and not see a soul.. it's big. That is, for what they have there now, it's plenty. I can't fathom why they'd need a ginormous base. But I'll keep my ears peeled, the company I work for often is in the mix for military construction jobs and so on. Curious to see what comes down the pike now.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The military is going to need a lot of battlefield space to test the coming autonomous robot armies they are designing. They'll need a large buffer so they have time to destroy "malfunctioning" units.

We've seen the DARPA Grand Challenge contest vehicles that are able to drive 135 miles all by themselves. We know they are working on ground equivalents of "Reaper" UAVs. These armies will need to be tested.

That's what this huge land grab is for.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join