It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Conspiracy-what if Jesus was never born?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Ah well at the end of the day.
Everything is really a figment of our imagination... only infinite love is the real true reality, but remember though love cannot be quantified and categorized through a left brain Cartesian or Euclidean logic approach.
Because Love is the matter of heart and emotion being in the right mind,
one can only "be in love" and not do love as such.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Yeah, that’s in there…here’s the verse/principle…sorry for the old KJV….
James 1:13-15 “Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.”

And here’s a site with some more info…

Both the character and conduct of God rule out any possibility that He is involved in leading us into sin. Rather, James clearly identifies the source of temptation and sin as a person's own lust. The pattern is always: lust . . . sin . . . death. The point where we are to take hold and stop the process is at the point of lust. If we don't, it gets progressively out of our control. The danger then is that we begin to think that the sin or temptation must be God's will because it's so much stronger than we are. What has really happened is that sin has taken control. The end is death -- destruction and ruin.

DISCLAIMER OK? OT busy dude…don’t have time ‘VETTING’ all sources…for COMPLETE CREDIBILITY…just being completely honest here…full disclosure and all….

btw...it's the seed planting thing we discussed back in the day...

No go ahead and respond....I'll get to it later....

You SKEPTICS ARE AWESOME...keeping OT on my old toes

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
We would have to invent him...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

It was the one illusory idea of being separated from God in ones mindthat created all its other forms such as fear, sin, evil, hate, anger, conflict, revenge, temptation, anxiety, depression, jealousy, time, space, matter and war.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

E70 from downunder!!!!!

OT always loves those postive posts!!

Thank you....

I'm trying to DO that LOVE thang...

That sounds like a 70's Mo-town song...sorry?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture
We would have to invent him...

OT stuggling on the meaning of this 'one-liner'

two lines

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Thanks OT

"Infanet Lurve, now aint dat da drruth"

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

What is true about the decay rate of 14C is that it should be completely converted into 12C if something is millions of years old. The problem arises when fossils are tested that evolutionary scientists say are millions, not thousands of years old.
carbon dating doesnt work on rocks

so why would any scientist with any sense test a rock with c14 dating?

no wonder the results it gives are wrong, its like trying to measure how tall a man is using a 1 pint measuring jug

There are several issues I would like to address with this question. The first one is that this question seems to assert that there is some compelling evidence that the earth is billions of years old. To the contrary, the evidence overwhelmingly demonstrates that the earth is young.
must be special topsecret creationist only evidence, your average pebble picked up in your back garden when dated by the proper method not C14 shows its way older then YOC think, unless you live in an active volcanic regieon that is when it might actually be younger

“In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.”

Here we have the first mention of time, space, and matter (and/or energy). Scientists refer to the reality known as our universe as the “Space-Mass-Time Continuum.” How marvelous it is that God would open His revelation with such a scientifically accurate and beautifully concise description of His creation.
except he didnt the earth is younger then the sun and both are much younger then the universe and the moon is even younger then earth

god says

universe>earth>sun/moon

all the veidence says

univers>sun>earth>moon

gods about as sceintifically accurate as saying the sky is blue, sorry god you failed basic science .... for someone all knowing thats just silly

Since many fossils of true apes and true men have been found, the very scarcity of fossils that could even be considered as possible intermediate forms between apes and men is alone enough to discredit the theory of man’s ape-like ancestry. Only a few bone fragments have been found that have been imaginatively construed as some sort of lower species of man
ecept for Lucy which provided almost 45% of her skeleton and lets not forget the other 20 we found all in one spot that appear to have been killed by a flashflood

we have a pretty dam good idea what the skeleton was like becasue we can make several full skeletons from the remians

and 1 alone is enough to prove the missing link theory correct yet we have over 20 individuals of just 1 ape/human mix

we have lots of others showing how it got from ape to ape/human mix and from there to man

sorry you fail anthropology 101

i think this guy ate to many of those cookies OT, did you notice a batch go missing?

[edit on 20/11/08 by noobfun]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The link you sent is rather one sided IMHO...

They even go as far as to imply that the arguments that the earth is not 6000 yrs old are "atheistic in nature"...

So much for the part of the ID crowd that believes god kick started evolution...

As much as I disagree with the idea of a supreme being creating everything in the universe... the best Link I have found presenting the creationists side is here :
www.allaboutcreation.org...
It goes on for pages... there are "learn more" links at the bottom... it will take you to the next page.

I like how this site tends not to use biblical quotes to prove their point... Thus negating the need to certify the validity of the bible.

Like I said, I don't agree with the stuff presented, but IMO the information presented is more "verifiable" than biblical quotes.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

I thought about going through and refuting it...but It might be waaaaay too long...

we'll see... maybe after the kids go to sleep in a few mins

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
i just skimmed it its to long and retrded for full analysis after that 3 pager i had to source info for and fact check

anyone who seems to think we burnt more fossil fuel before the industrial revolution which he probabily had no idea about when or where it started doesnt deserve detailed analysis

maybe beating him over the head till he forgest everything silly and then teach him a bit of logic is the only way

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun
god says

universe>earth>sun/moon

all the evedence says

univers>sun>earth>moon

???

I don't know...I thought it was earth>our solar system>space?

Let's read Gen 1 and 2 again and see?

OT

PS: Got a call from my boss now...

and then watching Brett Farve beat the Undefeated dudes from Tenn...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

your right sorry been a long hard day in the quote mine

it was heaven and the earth i forgot he started throwing stars around to look pretty much later

either way its still worng

[edit on 20/11/08 by noobfun]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

earth and then...the rest...I think?

Have a great night guys...talk to you later!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Never forget, history is written by the winners.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

Or...

"History is a fable agreed upon." - Napoleon

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I find it impossible to answer your question What if Jesus was never born, when you follow it up with all the statements that you did. You talk as though the world would have stood still and not evolved from these times.

we would still be where we are today only we may have taken a different route. I'd like to pose this question.

where would you be if Jesus were not the son of God?

What if Jesus were a man, born of man and woman, from the line of David.
A man who had a hereditary right to be King of the Jews.

What if his family used the Old Testament prophesies to guide his life, to try and regain the throne.

What if during a time when everyone worshipped some sort of deity, he had to be connected to a God of some kind to give him credibility.

What if Jesus were just an ordinary man who decided to stand up for his persecuted people, and the bible was stories of his life exaggerated to take a following of people from cult status to religious status.

Would you still follow this mans beliefs, would christianity exist, would we be jesusists.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoswatchinwho

I find it impossible to answer your question What if Jesus was never born, when you follow it up with all the statements that you did. You talk as though the world would have stood still and not evolved from these times. ----we would still be where we are today only we may have taken a different route. I'd like to pose this question.
-where would you be if Jesus were not the son of God?
-What if Jesus were a man, born of man and woman, from the line of David. A man who had a hereditary right to be King of the Jews.
-What if his family used the Old Testament prophesies to guide his life, to try and regain the throne.
-What if during a time when everyone worshipped some sort of deity, he had to be connected to a God of some kind to give him credibility.
-What if Jesus were just an ordinary man who decided to stand up for his persecuted people, and the bible was stories of his life exaggerated to take a following of people from cult status to religious status.

Would you still follow this mans beliefs, would christianity exist, would we be jesusists.

whoswatchinwho, Hi...seen OT before? Welcome to my humble thread...

-No need to shy from an answer...pls go for it!

-OT believes WE would not be where we are today...

-I would be WONDERING just like many folks...

-
Have you read how his family responded...did you see the local pastoral ldr-ship, tried to throw Him off a cliff? kill him???

-Exaggerated???? I don't know...there were a whole lot of people that ALLOWED themselves to be KILLED, because of their committment to Him...

OT is freakin always appreciative of questions....pls bring more...please check out my profile for more insight...nothing to hide...here...ready...willing to discuss!

Bottom line: The LORD Jesus Christ is my best friend...we converse everyday...for over 35 yrs!!!!

OT is no freak!

OT is no idiot!

OT is a normal guy...that everyone who meets...says....boy you are sincere...and committed...

I don't know anyone...who questions my sincerity...and would not trust me with their most precious possesions...

Listen...life is SO short...why waste it questioning TRUTH...OT says give in, follow HIS path and you will be happy....OT would BET his life on it!!!!

See here for more insight...this dude studied with Einstein... here... www.tonycampolo.org...

Sorry for being so heavy, with your first post, ok?

OT

edit: spelling?

[edit on 20-11-2008 by OldThinker]

[edit on 20-11-2008 by OldThinker]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet
reply to post by arbiture

Or...

"History is a fable agreed upon." - Napoleon

ROCK the Boat MP...

Glad to see you again!!

OT

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoswatchinwho

-No need to shy from an answer...pls go for it!

-OT believes WE would not be where we are today...

-I would be WONDERING just like many folks...

-
Have you read how his family responded...did you see the local pastoral ldr-ship, tried to through Him off a cliff? kill him???

-Exaggerated???? I don't know...there were a whole lot of people that ALLOWED themselves to be KILLED, because of their committment to Him...

OT is freakin always appreciative of questions....pls bring more...please check out my profile for more insight...nothing to hide...here...ready...willing to discuss!

Bottom line: The LORD Jesus Christ is my best friend...we converse everyday...for over 35 yrs!!!!

OT is not freak!

OT is no idiot!

OT is a normal guy...that everyone who meets...says....boy you are sincere...and committed...

I don't know anyone...who questions my sincerity...and would not trust me with their most precious possesions...

Sorry for being so heavy, with your first post, ok?

OT

Please don't try to patronise me,

1 I said your question was impossibe to answer
2 If you dont believe the world would have moved along without him, what would have happened then?
3 ahh you just answered 2
4 written in the bible, the very book i suggest was exaggerated to bring about a certain conclusion
5 jim jones followers allowed themselves to be killed in following him
6 never said you were hiding anything
7 anyone except a christain who claim to talk to a dead person would be sectioned (no offence just a point)
8 nowhere did i intimate that you were a freak, idiot or in-sincere, i believe you are,

I also don't know anyone who would not trust me completely, including the two Preists and nun that are in my immediate family, so i have no need to go to a biased website to seek truth.

Listen...life is SO short...why waste it questioning TRUTH...OT says give in, follow HIS path and you will be happy....OT would BET his life on it!!!!

An athiest too could PREACH the above statement to you.

What makes you think I'm not happy, In fact just because i posed these questions to you, what makes you think I don't follow the teachings of Jesus. I was very interested in this thread but the tone of your reply has really dissapointed me.

[edit on 20/11/2008 by whoswatchinwho]

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join