It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Islamic Jihad And It's Beauty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
There is a Propagation or Conspiracy going on to paint Muslims as blood-thirsty savages.

There are 2 types of Muslims:

1.) The Wise. Those who know the religion, and follow it as it is meant to be followed.

2.) The Ignorant. Those who take Islamic teachings out of context to fit their own personal ideology.

All of the Qur'anic verses and Islamic teachings about Jihad and killing non-Muslims is absolutely true! However, both the Ignorant Muslims and Anti-Islamic Propagators take these verses and teachings of War and Fighting out of context.

Please allow me to put the verses in their proper perspectives, and illustrate to you the beauty of Jihad.

Islam and the Qur'an strictly prohibits the killing of women, children, and old people. According to Islam, Jihad is actually a Defensive Holy War. Muslims are not allowed to attack other people or countries unless they are attacked first.

WHEN TO FIGHT:

• "To fight against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged; and verily, Allah is Most Powerful for their aid." Surah 22 Ayah 39

• "Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; For Allah loveth not transgressors." Surah 2 Ayah 190

WHEN TO STOP FIGHTING:

• "But if they cease, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. And fight them on until there is no more persecution and the religion becomes Allah's. But if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression." Surah 2 Ayah 192-193

• "But if the enemy inclines towards peace, you must also incline towards peace, and trust in Allah: for He is the One that hears and knows (All things)." Surah 8 Ayah 61

• "Allah does not forbid that you do good and make justice for those who do not fight you in the religion or drive you out from your homes. Indeed, Allah loves those who do justice. Allah only forbids your friendship with those who fight you in the religion and drive you out from your homes and back those who drive you out. And befriends them, such are wrongdoers." Surah 60 Ayah 8-9

WHO IS PROHIBITTED TO KILL:

• "....whoever kills a single soul unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land, it is though he had killed all of humanity together, and whoever saves the life of a single soul, it is as though he had saved the life of all of humanity together..." Surah 5 Ayah 32

• [ It is narrated on the authority on Abdullah that a woman was found killed in one of the battles by the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.s.). He disapproved of the killing of women and children.] Hadith Sahih Muslim Book 19 Number 4319

• [ It is narrated by ibn Umar that a woman was found killed in one of these battles; so the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.s.) forbade the killing of women and children. ]
    Hadith Sahih Muslim Book 19 Number 4320

• "Stop, O people, that I may give you ten rules for your guidance in the battlefield. Do not commit treachery or deviate from the right path. You must not mutilate dead bodies. Neither kill a child, nor a woman, or an aged man. Bring no harm to the trees, nor burn them with fire, especially those which are fruitful. Slay not any of the enemy's flock, save food for yourself. You are likely to pass by people who have devoted their lives to monastic services; leave them alone." Quoted by the first Khalifah Abu Bakr

All of the many verses from the Qur'an you have seen that prescribe and ordain Jihad, War, Fighting, Murder, and Violence MUST strictly adhere to these guidelines in order to be considered Righteous Acts of Jihad. Anything straying outside these guidelines will surely gain the Wrath and Punishment of God, not His Blessings and/or Rewards.

I'm very sure people of all faiths, or no faiths can agree and see the Beauty and Justice of these guidelines to Jihad.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Sahabi]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Just a personal note from my perspective.

The world seems to be full of ignorant Muslims, by your definition.

I'm sure there are some "wise" Muslims, but they are a minority within your description.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I agree, there are huge amounts of Muslims that do not follow the strict guidelines to Jihad as I mentioned above.

The verses that I quoted are word for word, directly out of the Qur'an.

Now the tricky part is, if it is so clear and evident that Terrorism is against true Islamic Teachings, why are so many Muslims committing acts of violence outside of the acceptable laws of Islam? My opinion is that Muslims are being tricked into becoming desensitized killing machines. Maybe by their Religious leaders to advance some sort of political goals. Maybe by some unknown group to create a constant atmosphere of violence and uncertainty.

And furthermore, non-Muslims are only fed the verses referencing violence, while neglecting to mention the proper and reasonable guidelines that this violence must adhere to. This is a way of causing outrage, hatred, and ignorance towards Muslims by non-Muslims.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I think someone out there has purposely caused this modern day Islamic Terrorism and consequently the fear of Islam for many possible reasons.

The most obvious may be to more easily gain control of the oil in the Middle East.

Another reason may be to usher in the Biblical Battle of Armageddon.

Maybe the rise of Islam becoming the world's new largest religion is too much for some people to handle, therefore the corruption and demonization of Islam seems a fitting solution.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
And furthermore, non-Muslims are only fed the verses referencing violence, while neglecting to mention the proper and reasonable guidelines that this violence must adhere to. This is a way of causing outrage, hatred, and ignorance towards Muslims by non-Muslims.

Nothing has been more powerful than religion and is the root to all evil if you ask me. Muslims who take what other people say ( even in the Qur'an )/ ( bible ) and all others books are ignorant and has lost their individuality and self being. People should follow their heart and the good things in life but no' they have to follow a religion that has caused more deaths, rapes, wars etc... You inherit this faith or belief from parents,teachers, friends etc.. Then you go to a church that is ran by man and give your money to man and on and on. Man isn't perfect so why is the stories they wrote, the churches they teach in, the laws they make? I believe religion is an excuse for the human destruction and violence we dish out in this world. I can't see why one religion could be any better than another and is why all religions to me is evil. Whether it's a Baptist, Islam, Christian, Buddhist etc... Not one is better than the other and man will always use it as an excuse. If God truly made us imperfect and holds us responsible for HIS mistake then it's not one I would trust. Look around you and use your senses not a book or man.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I think someone out there has purposely caused this modern day Islamic Terrorism and consequently the fear of Islam for many possible reasons.

You are correct and I know who.

Are you ready for this.......

THE MUSLIMS

The muslims that attack one another AND the "west"

The muslims that have vowed to wipe jews off the map

The muslims that strap bombs to 15 year old girls

The muslims that attack soveriegn nation buildings

The muslims that attack night clubs

The muslims that rape their own and then have the victim stoned to death

The muslims that want civil war in their OWN country

Extreme and islam seem to go hand and hand moreso than not.

Thanks,

Dorian Soran

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I'm very sure people of all faiths, or no faiths can agree and see the Beauty and Justice of these guidelines to Jihad.

I am very sure the answer to this is NO!!!!

There is no beauty in killing - maiming - suicide bombing - teaching hate and fear.

Dorian Soran

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran

I am very sure the answer to this is NO!!!!

There is no beauty in killing - maiming - suicide bombing - teaching hate and fear.

Dorian Soran

You, my friend, did not read the initial post of this thread.

Trust me, I share in your rage and anger towards Islamic Terrorists and Radical Islamic Fundamentalists/Extremists. The fact I am trying to point out to you, and HOPEFULLY Radical Muslims is that within the text of the Qur'an and Hadith of Islam, there are no teachings justifying the killing of innocent people.

Please reread the initial post of this thread. You will see that Islam clearly states that a Muslim is only permitted to fight against those that first fight against him.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by abelievingskeptic
I commend you for your patience with blockheads like Dorian here. It is

Thanks ever so much for the insult - read the T&C much - guess not.

I have read the opening post - and I stand by MY post - MY ideas - MY response. If the OP didnt want HONEST opinions and the like they should not have started a post on the worlds number one conspiracy website.

No matter how many times you tell someone something if they dont agree with you, they dont agree with you and insulting them WILL NOT help.
No matter how many times you say something that is false it is still false - no matter how many times you repeat a lie it is still a lie - follow me here?

There is NO beauty in jihad - end of discussiion - ( that is my opinion - but I am sure you will insult me again for expressing it ) I can not explain it much better for you - but thanks again for the insult - much appreciated.

Dorian Soran

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Hi Dorian Soran

According to the literal and pure form of Jihad, we are only to fight those who fight us. Once we win, or if the other wants peace, we must stop immediately. We are 100% forbidden from killing any women, children, or elderly person, even if they belong to the "enemy's nation." Three things are considered sacred to an individual: your self, your family, and your property. And you may fight to protect these things.

Based on this true and accurate definition of Jihad, how can you disagree with it? I would love to hear your opinion. Because even from a non-religious point of view, this to me is very just and appropriate.

Now, millions of ignorant, corrupted, uneducated, unknowledged, and hateful muslims follow their hateful urges and do not yield to the strict guidelines of Islamic Jihad. Me being a muslim, I hate these people more than you can ever know.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Hello Sahabi!
But what you speak of is not really a 'literal and pure' definition of Jihad. As I understand it, Jihad literally means 'struggling' or 'struggling in the Path of God'. You seem to take it as a synonym for 'fighting' or 'waging war'. There are any number of things a person can struggle in- education, bettering oneself, learning restraint, obtaining/defending their rights, as well as against an oppressor. If the intention is to do so in the path of God, then it would be Jihad.
Great thread, anyhow

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Good thread.I was thinking of doing something like this the other day.

There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world,not all are extremists.In fact,most aren't.But we never hear about those type of Muslims,we hear only of the fundamentalists.

It also doesn't help that the vast majority of people in the west do not understand Sharia Law,and the fact that it has been manipulated by the fundamentalist types to fit their own agenda.For example:honor killing.No such concept exists in Islam.A man who kills his wife for adultery is guilty of breaking Sharia Law.It is up to the religious council to find someone guilty and it is up to them to carry out the sentence.But,and this is important,only in countries where Sharia Law is also state law.If this law conflicts with a countries state law then the death penalty can not be carried out there.Its easy for countries who have abolished the death penalty to look down on countries that haven't,unless its America of course.

Jihad is also the other major misunderstanding,but only because in the west the fundamentalist version is constantly in your face.Jihad means exerting one's utmost power contending with an object of disapprobation,(1)with a visible enemy,(2) with Satan,and (3)with one's self.
In Sharia Law,Jihad can be declared only by the state or those empowered by it.Terror attacks are planned and executed by a few individuals unrepresentative of any state or state institution.So their attacks cannot be legitimate by any Islamic or Sharia law That is nothing but committing the murder of innocent people.Also,according to Islamic laws,in Jihad no non-combatant can be attacked,much less women,children and the elderly and no civilian property can be destroyed unless it is being used for military purposes or for purposes of combat.

Terror attacks are a gross violation of all these Islamic rules and there is no way these attacks can be characterized as Jihad.What terrorists are doing is seeking revenge,and from a weaker position.Every attack brings nothing but disaster for themselves and others.Various verses quoted to justify Jihad are generally taken in a literal sense and ignore the value system of the Koran.al-Qaeda or any other terrorist organization do not represent any government or larger Muslim organization.They succeed in mobilizing some angry youth who are carried away by "Islamic" rhetoric and commit terrorist attacks taking lives of innocent people.These attacks violate all Koranic values.As Muhammad said,"And cast not yourselves to destruction with your own hands and do good (to others).Surely Allah loves the doers of good."

[edit on 30-10-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It is refreshing to read the words of a truly moderate Muslim.

As you yourself correctly recognise though you are very much in the minority.
I put it to you that it is the very nature of Islam itself that makes the majority of Muslims follow hateful interpretations of Islam.
Islam preaches the advancement of the Islamic religion as the rightful duty of all Muslims.
Islam also prohibits any action being taken against the activities of anyone involved in jihad, regardless of the interpretation of jihad.
As a result Muslims ingnore the activities of those involved in terrorism.

Until Muslims themselves start taking action against those involved in terrorism then they will be treat with suspicion and distrust.

That Muslims are being exploited and manipulated I have absolutely no doubt.
The primary reason for, not just of Islam but ALL, organised religion is to control and manipulate the general population into being subordinate and accepting our pitiful fate in this life and getting our 'reward' in some imaginary afterlife or re-incarnation.

It is all a complete crock!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dorian Soran

if that seriously offended you, then i apologoze. I find ats as one of those places with freedom of expression...limited as it may be. i still believe your post rings of stubbornness and ignorance with the sole purpose of disagreeing because you dont like that religion. i find that..well...sad.

it was obvious to me that you did not read the op in fact. what correlation did your post even have? theres not much there other than a generalization of a religion that you dont like (apparent by the contet of your post).

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I wish you had posted less about the war-based jihad and more about the personal struggle jihad.

There is a Propagation or Conspiracy going on to paint Muslims as blood-thirsty savages.

I'd heartily agree with this, and it's something I dislike.

I'm friends with a number of Islamic Turkish policemen who have come here to America to get a Master's degree. We like and respect each other, and I've learned a lot from them.

But jihad is a struggle to overcome something -- as during Ramadan, the challenge of struggling to fast every single day until sundown. That takes self-discipline, which is at the core of the jihad.

It is an exercise in self-discipline. An exercise in bettering oneself. Practiced at a holy time (Ramadan), your struggle to overcome a habit or some other thing has the support of your family and community (as opposed to a lot of us who have to kick habits all by ourselves.)

I get tired of the demonizing of Muslims, Catholics, Pagans, Jews... you name it. I've known all of the above (and more) and have no doubt that they would all leap out to push lil' pagan me away from a bus if I wandered out into traffic.

There are a lot of really horrible Protestants (Fred Phelps, for starters) and horrible people of all stripes. Most of them have one characteristic: they believe they are the Only Right People Around and do not have open hearts toward others who may be different in some way.

But I do wish the post had talked about the other kind of jihad. I should do a jihad to overcome some of my poor habits (like my "grab a microwave dinner" habit.)

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
From my personal point of view the more and more i read the Qur'an as a non muslim, i am giving serious thought to converting/reverting to Islam. I actually think the idea of a jihad/struggle of every individual probaly applies to every human, as we all try to make sense of the world, God and spirituality. I love the principles that Islam teaches, especially the idea of being judged according to our deeds, it makes total sense. Some people will probaly say "well everyone knows right from wrong" this is true to an extent, but islam is a way of life, wich teaches from what i understand that a muslim has laws to follow from god( Allah ) so that you practice right not wrong, and if you have guidelines to follow you will make a habit of doing good deeds. I still dont fully understand some teachings but i probaly will with time as i familiarise myself with the Qur'an the more study i apply..I think the media happily gives attention to ignorant muslims rather than wise peacefull muslims who have good advice and knowledge to give us..

new topics

top topics

join