It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something negative is harrassing me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
At least that's what I think.

I've been having great difficulty in getting a good nights sleep the last two weeks or so. I wake up often, have trouble falling asleep, etc...

And there have been some disturbing dreams as well. Some I remember, some I don't. There's been a few times that I've woken up suddenly, with that semi-frightened feeling you get when you wake up from a disturbing dream or nightmare. I had no recollection of the dreams though, but last night I had them again, but could remember. I realize that dreams are populated with imagery from things we've seen/heard/read, etc... So while I realize the things you're about to read are pretty silly, even to me, the underlying negativity and helplessness is what disturbs me.

It started with a friend in the UK being imprisoned in a United Nations jail where I live, for making a disparaging remark about the UK. I tried so desperately to get him out, to the point of bringing (my apparently good friend) Barack Obama (told you it was silly) in to help to no avail. So I leave the complex and am on my way home, riding in my electric wheelchair and got very lost and somehow ended up in someones house, some lights flash and I'm outside the house and can hear a woman's voice in my head thanking me for the money...She ripped me off. So I continue on my way and end up back in this house again! and as I go to leave I'm attacked by some extremely quick moving entity, but someone shoots it and I'm on my way again...And I end up back in the house again. This time I'm confronted by an entity that seems to phase in and out...The best way I could describe it is like in the Matrix, when the agent is shot at and he seems to move in all directions at once to dodge the bullets. Anyway this entity basically tells me that this is it for me, I'll keep ending up here (the house) forever. At the same time I realized this was a dream and was trying to take control, but couldn't. I woke up and had no more dreams that I can remember.

Now alone this would be nothing to me. But there was a period of a few years in my life where negativity surrounded me. I was full of hate and anger, constantly wishing violence on others, etc... I was a very happy person, and it came on suddenly. Then two years ago it disappeared just as suddenly and I've been pretty happy since. So I'm concerned this negativity is external and trying to get back in. I think it's some kind of entity, but I could be completely off.

I was hoping for some of your thoughts.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
before we jump to the paranormal, we should eliminate the conventional first man.

The MSM has gotten way more negative and sensational in the last 2 months with the economic condition the world is in. Its also the buzz you hear talking to people on the street, and talking to friends and co-workers.

My guess is all this negativity bombarding you throughout the day, may be manifesting itself in your subconscious, and releasing while you sleep.

I would try avoiding the news and newspapers for a few days, and politely stepping out of conversations that talk about the economy and other major news stories.

My guess is, if you eliminate some of the negative input through your daily routine, you may notice a difference.

I'm not eliminating the possibility of an entity or other paranormal causes, I would just feel more comfortable experimenting with conventional answers first.

As Sherlock Holmes once said: "If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth."

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
You're probably right and I will take your advice. Sometimes you need someone elses opinion to see things correctly, especially if you're not sleeping well in the first place

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I hear ya man, LOL I'm in a bout of insomnia myself lately...

Like I said though, I wouldn't rule out that possibility... i'd just eliminate other possibilities first.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoArmsJames
I've been having great difficulty in getting a good nights sleep the last two weeks or so. I wake up often, have trouble falling asleep, etc...

From your post I think that you are suffering from loneliness, my advice is that call some of your friends and relatives over to your home and socialize with them, it will do a great deal.

Now alone this would be nothing to me. But there was a period of a few years in my life where negativity surrounded me. I was full of hate and anger, constantly wishing violence on others, etc... I was a very happy person, and it came on suddenly. Then two years ago it disappeared just as suddenly and I've been pretty happy since. So I'm concerned this negativity is external and trying to get back in. I think it's some kind of entity, but I could be completely off.

For this, what I would say is based on the proverb "The idle mind is the devils workshop". So, i would advice you to do something to keep yourself busy, I mean you can pursue your hobby, visit parks, and do whatever makes you happy.

I am sure that it would have helped you.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
One more thing I just thought of and Googled. I want to quit smoking and smoked my last cigarette Thurs. night. I just found this.

Source:

sleep disturbances, including having trouble falling asleep and staying asleep, and having bad dreams or even nightmares

I'm starting to feel foolish...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
oh yah, I've tried to quit many many times... it messes with your head pretty well...

No need to feel foolish.

Keep it up on the quitting smoking campaign! You are stronger than i am!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Don't feel foolish,

As you say you are just going Cold Turkey, the tobacco companies make cigarettes as the most addictive substance known to man after many years of very well funded scientific research.

When I gave up before the same thing happened to me, though my dreams were very bizarrely sexual in nature!

The best thing I found was going to the gym, or exercising loads every day, it helped clear out the toxins, and also helped me sleep at night as soo tired. I also started getting up an hour earlier which helped reset my internal clock.

WELL DONE FOR GIVING UP!

Its better to have a few weeks strange dreams and mood swings, and live a longer life than go back to one of the evils of mankind.
WELL DONE you are doing brilliantly and much applause from me for making such a good, and positive choice even though it is difficult for you now.

In a couple of months my friend you will be totally craving free, happier, healthier and have more $ in your pocket too, oh and a much better Kisser!

Keep up the good work.

kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Thanks for your support all. I feel that I need to be totally honest and say that while I am quitting smoking, it's not cold turkey, I am using nicotine, just not in the dangerous form. I've tried quitting before, and failed so I'm using nicotine for now so I don't have to quit the habit of smoking while suffering through the nicotine withdrawals at the same time.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoArmsJames
Thanks for your support all. I feel that I need to be totally honest and say that while I am quitting smoking, it's not cold turkey, I am using nicotine, just not in the dangerous form. I've tried quitting before, and failed so I'm using nicotine for now so I don't have to quit the habit of smoking while suffering through the nicotine withdrawals at the same time.

Okey Dokey then,

Ignore my above post except the praise.

A hand to mouth oral fixation anchored in baby time, to your mothers Mammaries, that all those years of smoking have reinforced as your comfort blanket.

Make like Kojack take up Lolipops?

Much better than biting your nails!

Kind Regards,

Elf

new topics

top topics

join