It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In retrospect, why Bush twice?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I have to apologize ahead of time for my ignorance, I only picked up an interest in conspiracies last year.

So with that said, why did America elect George W. Bush for a second term?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I don't know others' reasons, but several people I spoke with last election said they felt it was unwise to change presidents in the middle of a conflict/war.

This isn't necessarily my thinking, but it's what I was told at the time. The several who said that are democrats who would've rather voted Kerry.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I have often wondered the same thing. If I remember correctly, many people complained about him during his first term yet he was re-elected. I have no clue why anyone would vote a person to a second term in office when they didn't like how he ran the country in his first term, but that's just me. I didn't vote for the man either time, so the reasons are beyond me apparently. I'll be interested to hear what the rest of ATS thinks though.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It's a good question that I have no answer to.

I remember voting for Bush the first time....but never for a second time. I thought this man lied! I felt very mislead about Iraq, and he should have known far more details. Isn't that his job? He doen't get an "Oops, if I had known better." That's a deal breaker for me. I remember talking to other people, at the time, and they were all set on voting for Bush but never could express why except some fear that Kerry couldn't deal with the "war on terror"...whatever...

I don't know why he got in a second time.

Anyone?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Hmm. Makes me think about how these politicians who manipulate the people to support endless pointless struggles like the Iraq war "We can't back out now". It's tantamount to screwing up and fighting tooth and nail to avoid admitting it.

Ron Paul was right, that War should just end regardless of how close or far away from victory people are saying it is (because we all know that will never happen).

When was the last time a politician apologized for a screw up without a court order, an expose' or public outrage?
Never ever for ever never.

[edit on 10/25/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
He won the first time because his opponent was Algore.

He won the second time because his opponent was John Kerry.

That pretty much sums it up!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
he won again because he was supposed to ..

line 2

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Being an adolescent at the time and not being American, I don't know anything about either of those two. So were they really a worse choice than Bush, especially in light of his first term?

Originally posted by turbokid
he won again because he was supposed to ..

Lol, I think you might just be on to something there.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

I would have sooooo much rather either one of those guys been President over Bush.

Party loyalists are absurd.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

Well you might have been too young, but Al Gore won the Popular Vote! Things could have been different if the people's votes actually counted that election

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I don't think he really won, the elections were a joke, the opponent a strawman, and I have a feeling the voting was rigged at various levels. He was more rammed down the collective throat of the american, and indeed the world's, people than actually elected. Much the same thing happened in his first elections.

He is a man who I think never really had a solid justification for being a president. Although he does illustrate the saying "anything is possible".

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Well you might have been too young, but Al Gore won the Popular Vote! Things could have been different if the people's votes actually counted that election

Or if Algore would have won his homestate of Tennessee. Kind of sad that a candidate running for President can't even win his homestate.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Bush has had a strange Presidency, having had both the highest approval rating of any President ( in the aftermath of 9/11, 90% or more) and also the lowest approval rating of any President (just recently I think he was as low as 23% approval).

The main reason he won his second term was because of the war , Americans in general dont like to change Presidents in a war.

Kerry was far to liberal for mainstream America and at the time of the 2004 elections the economy was still in decent shape.

Al Gore should have been president in 2000, but he demanded a recount in only 4 counties in Florida, which would be a violation of the equal protection clause of the Constitution, and that is the reason the recount was stopped. If he would have allowed certification and an immediate recount of the entire state of Florida I think he would have won the election.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

Ah that makes sense. So in 2004 was the public still for the war, I'd imagine if they didn't want to be in a war they would be more open to changing president. Though it only just started the year before so I don't suppose peoples opinions were going sour yet.

I wonder if anyone on ATS actually still like Bush?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Below is a chart of Bush approval ratings, around the time of the election in 2004 he was hovering around 50% still.

Bush approval ratings

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
the whole keep him in office we're at war argument,never flew with because ,HE STARTED IT! I hated him from the beginning and I'm a lifelong hater of his whole family . So why twice ? may as well ask me just why once? I didn't think he was charming and I never wanted to have a beer with him

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf

I wonder if anyone on ATS actually still like Bush?

The ATS members that liked Bush well into the second term seem to have shifted their focus and interest into John McCain

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by invisiblewoman

I would agree with you, even when I was an ignorant adolesent who cared nothing about politics.

I thought this was funny.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
ha Good Wolf, that video really brings home the hypocrisy of the do and say anything to get elected Republican agenda. It would be funny if the results weren't so tragic
this is definitely not the time to put the same foxes in charge of the henhouse . I know for sure that if McCain gets elected those concentration camps they've been building are going to fill up quick according to them only illiterate KKK and disenfranchised Nazis are real Americans. Guess that leaves me out I just wanted a constitutional Republic ,you know with the whole checks and balances thing ....hard to remember now

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I don't believe so. It's my belief that the votes were tampered with.

Many people right now cannot hook up to the time frame it takes from a person becoming president to his/her policies taking full effect. What we are seeing with the financial crisis is only the beginning of The Bush Administations policies taking root and it's only the tip of the iceberg.

Whoever takes office this next time is going to have a pile of poopy to clean up for sure.

Thank God Bush's eight years are about over.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by ofhumandescent]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join