It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Supporter attacked and B carved in face [CONFIRMED HOAX]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
How many of these incidents until people realize that this is a slippery slope we are upon? This is two too many.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I find it surprising he could pick out what vehicle she had come from after she'd been robbed, i find it an unfortunate event and it was just wrong place, wrong time.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
sorry folks - but looking at this in a none partisan way from 4500 miles away , i simply cannot see the political connection

my ignorant little mind immediatly leaps to two ` most likley ` motives

racist " bloods " the streetgang

mysoginist " bitch " pretty obvious

thinking " barak " never entered my head

PS - if it was an obama supporter - wouldnt "O" be easier to ` carve ` ?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrWimpy
ap.google.com...

The robber then noticed the bumper sticker, punched her in the back of the head, knocked her down and used the knife to carve a "B" on the right side of her face, the woman told police.

It was unclear what the "B" was meant to symbolize, Richard said.

actually it does fit, i think the thing that makes everyone think hoax(me included) is the over exagerated descriptions of the injuries, ive seen the words carved and mutilated used, when in reality it is a scratch with red tissue around it making it look thicker because it is sore.

the B dos'nt match carving injuries thats what threw me.

as for being able to pin her down, to do it, there is only one way possible.
after knocking her to the ground, he must of laid on top of her with his weight on her upper body, he then used one hand and arm to hold her head still.

with the one remaining free hand which is pointing back towards him because his eldow is helping keeping her head still, he scratches a B.

put your arm infront of you and bend the elbow, with a pen in your hand.

this explains why the B was backwards.

that is the only way i can see how he did it.

regardless he is a criminal, and there is no point blaming anybody other than the man who did it, it's not obama's fault or other obama supporters fault, and its not mccain properganda.

it could be true not a hoax(it was just misleading wording by the media as usual).

[edit on 23-10-2008 by lifeform]

edits, spellings, i apologise if some are still present.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Their are so many holes in this story that it makes swiss cheese look solid.

What happened to this women's cell phone? If she had a cell phone why didn't the mugger take it? Why didn't the mugger take anything other than 60 dollars? Any mugger worth half his weight as a criminal would of run her pockets and taken everything she had possible even her shoes. Why didn't the mugger steal her car? why didn't she run away? why didn't she stand in front of the ATM for the camera? Why hasn't their been a statement by her or the police telling exactly how this took place ie "she was walking back to her car"? At what point does a possible felon care about political views since he most likely can't vote anyways? Since when does being punched in the back of the head give a black eye? And why isn't their any official report of her receiving a black eye from the beating? Why didn't she cover her face for the beating?

I'm not saying she wasn't assaulted or the person that did this shouldn't be held accountable. I am saying that she is possible the stupidest victim of a crime ever and the mugger is possible the stupidest perpetrator of a crime ever. seriously being all dressed in black he didn't have a black mask and gloves to accompany it?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
I just love the PC description of the "robber"

The robber is described as a dark-skinned black man, 6 feet 4 inches tall, 200 pounds with a medium build, short black hair and brown eyes.

it sounds like a Stereotype

[edit on 24-10-2008 by luckystar01]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This is total bull#. She will be exposed in the next few days. Say goodbye to failed ideology that suckered in the ignorant in our society.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Pittsburgh law enforcement sources tell TMZ they have serious questions about the authenticity of the alleged victim who says she had her face cut by a politically-motivated attacker.

We're told there are several things about the alleged attack that don't add up. A Pittsburgh PD official says they are conducting a "thorough investigation" and have not determined if the alleged attack is real or a hoax. But we're told there is definitely a level of skepticism.

www.tmz.com...

I don't know. I think the truth will come out one way or another. The fact that the professional investigation is raising some questions? Definitely not proof of anything, but the PD has a lot more experience than I do in these matters, plus they have all the info (whereas we only have speculation.)

If it turns out to be a hoax it is going to look really really bad for McCain -- this will be an extremely sick example of a loyal McCain supporter, campaign worker, and pure racist. (Contrast that with the alternative of a low-life gangster and mugger with no connection to Obama whatsoever.)

McCain should distance himself immediately, and so should Palin.

There is plenty of other stuff to talk about.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I posted this in one of the other threads, but she's apparently going in for a polygraph because the evidence they have at the scene, and I assume the security footage, doesn't add up to what she is saying about the attack:

Police planned to administer a polygraph test to Ashley Todd, 20, because her statements about the attack conflict with evidence from the Citizens Bank ATM where she claims the incident occurred, police said.

Source

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
One more point:

The term self-mutilation is also sometimes used, although this phrase evokes connotations that some find worrisome, inaccurate, or offensive.

In a study of undergraduate students in the United States, 9.8% of the students surveyed indicated that they had purposefully cut or burned themselves on at least one occasion in the past. While this problem is often associated with severely disturbed psychiatric patients, it is fairly common among young adults. The best available evidence to date indicates that four times as many females than males have direct experience of self-harm.

en.wikipedia.org...

It is called SI (Self Injury) and there are plenty of articles on the web. It is a real problem. Here is a particularly interesting one.

www.essortment.com...

Someone who suffered from this syndrome: Princess Diana. Believe it or not.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
This is not a sign of things to come, this is one incident where some mentally messed up person took things way too far, EVEN if that was the case that he saw the bumper sticker and then did this

I mean really people, you think anyone/everyone that supports Obama really likes this kind of thing or condones it? If you think thats the case, then your accusing the vast majority of the public that they condone brutality and cruel criminal actions.

So lets just get this straight: This is a terrible thing to have happen(if it is all true), BUT it does NOT reflect the attitude, beliefs or actions that Obama supporters live their lives by. Am i saying all us Obama supporters are angels? Certainly not, but one person doing some cruel crime like this is not justification for any accusations in any way, and by saying "IS this a sign of things to come?" You are insinuating that more and more Obama supporters are becoming violent and will continue to do so, you may have asked a question but your wording had a clear goal in mind.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Sorry, but in this instance, I would more likely believed a staged attack for big time publicity. Not on behalf of the campaign but perhaps a person and another fanatic supporter.

Robs you for 60 dollars, has the option to get away, then escalated the charges to assault with a deadly weapon among other things over a bumper sticker?

Sorry, but I don't buy that. A mugger is out to mug, not commit political hate crimes.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
- if it was an obama supporter - wouldnt "O" be easier to ` carve ` ?

That's what I thought too.

Sounds more like it's an anti-woman thing then an anti-Obama thing.

The 'B' standing for that B word that rhymes with itch.

Unless it's all staged. And that could be as well.

You never know these days.

Formerly rational people are now complete idiots.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This backward 'B'-gate, I call fraud.To be scraped on the face like that,as originally claimed,it must have been held still,with force.Which would leave fingerprint like contusions.Look at any book of forensics pictures,there are these marks a'plenty in chokings or any violent acts,even holding the hand on a gun to leave false prints.And the lack of red eye,hmmm.Desperation much?The lie detector will reveal all.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The "b" stands for bull Sh$T.....I find it hard to believe a mugger robs someone...stops to view a bumper sticker....then decides to carve "b" in someones face....I'm sure that according to the "right" the "b" stands for "bama"

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
sorry folks - but looking at this in a none partisan way from 4500 miles away , i simply cannot see the political connection

my ignorant little mind immediatly leaps to two ` most likley ` motives

racist " bloods " the streetgang

mysoginist " bitch " pretty obvious

thinking " barak " never entered my head

PS - if it was an obama supporter - wouldnt "O" be easier to ` carve ` ?

What is it with you guys are ignoring the facts of this case. he was shouting anti-McCain slurs at her as he beat her. What more proof do you guys need?If this were reversed and it was a black woman beat down by a white McCain supporter. this thread would be totally different.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Why would a mugger give a hoot about a bumper sticker he noticed on a car AFTER he just robbed a person and most likely just has one thing on his mind, getting the hell out of there?

The whole account seems forced to a certain degree, what with the Obama supporting mugger and the description of a large black man and all.

Does anybody think critically anymore????

Peace

It's alarming when someone is so blatantly partisan and biased that they would sooner believe a woman carved a "B" in her own flesh, gave herself a black eye, and had friends punch and kick her repeatedly, than they would believe that this woman was actually mugged and viciously attacked by an Obama-supporter. Of course, I'm sure you have absolutely no burden of proof when it comes to believing anti-Obama and anti-left stories!

This is a heated election and the American people are facing an important choice over two drastically different directions to take this nation. Is it so far-fetched to believe that someone who is a criminal and is "forced" (I use that word extremely reluctantly) to rob people to support himself or his habits also has some interest or stake in this election? Is it not possible that the left's decades of race-baiting and sabre-rattling has led minorities to actually believe that all Republicans are racists and elitists?

This story is extremely plausible. The fact that this woman was at an ATM machine leads me to believe that her car was parked nearby, if not right in front of the machine. You have no idea what this thug had in mind for this young lady. He could have been leading her to her vehicle so that he could see if there was anything worth stealing in it. He could have had sexual intentions as well, and was angered when he saw the McCain sticker- you know, the old, racist white man that is trying to keep the first black presidential nominee from being elected.

In closing, I think you are showing your ignorance when you assume that a lower class, African America individual would have little knowledge of and/or no emotions regarding the outcome of this historic election. I suppose you believe that everyone like him just sits in a dark alley and smokes crack all day without any interest in who is leading this country. That may be true most of the time in regards to most of the elections, but I think it is different with this one. And as proof, I can verify from personal experience that people of all races, genders, classes, etc., are debating this election. As part of my job, I sometimes find myself in an extremely poor part of one of America's worst cities, and I have seen the fierce debate that this election incites in all of us.

To simply dismiss this story and act as though it is a campaign tactic or a desperate attempt for attention on the part of this poor girl, especially without knowing all of the facts, shows your inability to "deny ignorance" when it doesn't suit your personal agenda or beliefs. And it is something that I have seen all too often on this site lately by members and some moderators alike. Some people will buy into any story regardless of the rationality of it or the legitimacy of its source as long as it goes in line with their beliefs. And these same people will dismiss stories that come from impeccable sources and include things like PROOF, when they directly oppose their personal political beliefs.

And to prove that I am not a hypocrite, I will freely admit that there is a possibility that this whole thing was staged. I actually believe in the motto of this site and try my best to deny ignorance regardless of my personal biases. But unlike yourself and so many others, I will not immediately dismiss the possibility that this poor woman faced a horrific and traumatic experience at the hands of a piece of scum who has been brainwashed by years of partisan political lies intended to simply gain votes.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Seriously People.. critical thinking as one poster put it, seems to only come out when it involves conservatives..

Honestly guys, you MUST see it, don't you?
The ability for lberals to believe ANYTHING, even one tiny scrap of a thirdhand account when it pertains to a conservative.

"My cousins girlfriends uncle once said that he heard McCain kicked a small puppy"

and then next hour ATS, Reddit, Digg, KOS and Huff (oh yes.., and CBS, NBC and ABC) are all ABLAZE with reports about "McCain the puppy kicker"

Yet when ANY story about ANYTHING negative about Obama, his supporters, democrats or liberals in general comes to light, it is swept under the rug as implausible, a right wing smear campaign, "swiftboat" or an outright "lie".

Move on, nothing to see here, not much ado about nothin.. if is isn't positive. it's not getting printed.

On the other hand...
A racist backwater redneck talking about Obama being a "terrorist"
FRONT PAGE BABY! YouTube Vids galore! 6 O'Clock News! MSM COVERAGE!

Yea.. the media isn't biased or anything and your all so fair.

At least come January when Obama has been elected by the Media (oh, I mean "people") at least then we can flip the switch from America being a corrupt, overweight, idiotic, hateful, bigoted swinehole to America the great again.

Just like that.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
top secret

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

the mainstream media certainly doesn't think critically anymore, that's for sure!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join