It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New study shows McCain Gets Far More Negative Coverage From Media.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

please! you can't possibly be saying that Obama can't afford a new pair of shoes

he obviously is either too lazy/busy to go shoe shopping or those are his "lucky" pair and won't part with them.

great picture though!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

She needed he wardrobe due to all of the traveling, press conferences, tv appearances etc. I'm sure the Alaskan wardrobe wouldn't cut in Florida or in the media. The media nancy boys would be all over her if she wasn't well dressed. Don't forget that Barry has spent over 400k on food alone. Lobster and caviar for the Mrs.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
Ok, so you have on network that will slant things in favor of McCain. Thats one against a dozen other networks spinning and slanting things in favor of Obama.

In addition to Fox, you have a whole slew of right wing talk radio shows that air back to back for about 10 hours a day. From open to close, they focus solely on tearing down Obama or any other Democratic politician that happens to be in the news that day. Right wing websites and blogs then repeat and expound on that all night, until the cycle is picked up by Fox News again in the morning. Rinse and repeat.

Virtually ALL of the outlandish claims made by these outlets bare no relationship to the truth and that's the reason that real news outlets (that you all like to call "left wing") don't carry the stories. Nobody with any integrity would touch that stuff with a ten foot pole.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by deathhasnosound

please! you can't possibly be saying that Obama can't afford a new pair of shoes

he obviously is either too lazy/busy to go shoe shopping or those are his "lucky" pair and won't part with them.

great picture though!

Shoes bought at Goodwill makes for a great Photo OP.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Apart from all these BS claims of being born in Kenya, not giving xmas presents, being this that and the other, i am yet to see a genuine reason not to vote for him.

Well I am a white person and he is a blatant racist in the worst way. Black Liberation Theology is a perverted religion based in anger and resentment towards the white race and yes, I have a big problem with that.

Amazingly many others have NO problem with it! But I surely do and I will NEVER EVER support anyone that follows that philosophy. If you are not American you may not have a clue about race relations in America, but he is not "mullato", he is black (Just ask him! Does he self-identify as mullato? Heck no.) and he is as racist as they come.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by deathhasnosound
Doy you forget the one where they teased him because he couldn't use a laptop and come to find out he can't becasue of his war injuries?

I thought most people had discovered the deception regarding this claim.

In fact, you only need to consider McCain's own words to disprove the notion that he's unable to use a computer...

Q: But do you go on line for yourself?

Mr. McCain: They go on for me. I am learning to get online myself, and I will have that down fairly soon, getting on myself. I don’t expect to be a great communicator, I don’t expect to set up my own blog, but I am becoming computer literate to the point where I can get the information that I need – including going to my daughter’s blog first, before anything else.

Q: Do you use a blackberry or email?

Mr. McCain: No

Mark Salter: He uses a BlackBerry, just ours.

Mr. McCain: I use the Blackberry, but I don’t e-mail, I’ve never felt the particular need to e-mail. I read e-mails all the time, but the communications that I have with my friends and staff are oral and done with my cell phone. I have the luxury of being in contact with them literally all the time. We now have a phone on the plane that is usable on the plane, so I just never really felt a need to do it. But I do – could I just say, really – I understand the impact of blogs on American politics today and political campaigns. I understand that. And I understand that something appears on one blog, can ricochet all around and get into the evening news, the front page of The New York Times. So, I do pay attention to the blogs. And I am not in any way unappreciative of the impact that they have on entire campaigns and world opinion.

Source: NY Times

Though he discusses using a computer and getting online, there is never any mention of any injuries that would prevent his use of computers.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Listen if the media gave Obama as much negative news as McCain or Palin are getting, they would be seen as ''RACIST''. When do they ever mock Obama like they do McCain or Palin HU?

Think about this, lets just say that Obama has been in office for the last 8 years and he has made the same decisons as Bush had, do you think they would have mocked Obama on TV Shows and on the news ect. The same way they have Bush. I DON'T THINK SO!

I can't wait for Obama to make a mistake, then you'll see what am talking about! You'll see the differance in the media toward Obama!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If you look at the chart....you will see a reflection of the TONE these two campaigns have been running on. Negative tone=Negative coverage.

McCain.....is all over the place. McCain's campaign has relied on attacks from the beginning. Trying to tie Obama to this or that person. White lie here......half-truth there. People are having a tough time even seeing his message through all the different directions he has everyone spinning.

Obama....has been fairly steady throughout. The only time he wavered in the running was for a moment when they kept hammering on Ayres and Obama responded with the Keating thing.....stooping to meet the attacks from the McCain campaign. In my view unnecessary.

All that I see is a reflection/mirror image of the types of campaigns the candidates are running.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I think our collegue BH put it well:

To be blunt, McCain is being a total jerk. That's why he's getting negative coverage.

My thought as well. If McCain was a Democrat, I'd be voting Republican just for that reason.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
If you look at the chart....you will see a reflection of the TONE these two campaigns have been running on. Negative tone=Negative coverage.

McCain.....is all over the place. McCain's campaign has relied on attacks from the beginning. Trying to tie Obama to this or that person. White lie here......half-truth there. People are having a tough time even seeing his message through all the different directions he has everyone spinning.

Obama....has been fairly steady throughout. The only time he wavered in the running was for a moment when they kept hammering on Ayres and Obama responded with the Keating thing.....stooping to meet the attacks from the McCain campaign. In my view unnecessary.

All that I see is a reflection/mirror image of the types of campaigns the candidates are running.

How is tying Barry to Ayers or Wright etc different from the constant comparison that is made between McCain and the much hated president Bush by the Soetoro for President campaign. That horse has also been beaten to death. We might as well compare Barry to Jimmy Carter. Except that Barry is more liberal than Carter.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
How is tying Barry to Ayers or Wright etc different from the constant comparison that is made between McCain and the much hated president Bush by the Soetoro for President campaign.

Let me try to explain. Bush and McCain (via his support) carried out policies that proved disasterous for our beloved country. McCain voted with Bush in 90% cases. Relatively recently, they made press appearances together (saw it on TV).

Obama, on the other hand, did not work with Ayers on foreign or economic policy. He also did not support that other unsavory character, Mr.Bush.

Clear now?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Just another show that the media is all liberal's,I can watch 8 news channels,all of them pro Obama,and cheap attacks at Mc Cain and Palin,dispite there skewed efforts seems that Obama is slipping in the polls,could it be some are seeing through the wool pulled over their eyes,or by their inept VP candidate continually putting his foot in mouth?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

How is tying Barry to Ayers or Wright etc different from the constant comparison that is made between McCain and the much hated president Bush by the Soetoro for President campaign.

Let me try to explain. Bush and McCain (via his support) carried out policies that proved disasterous for our beloved country. McCain voted with Bush in 90% cases. Relatively recently, they made press appearances together (saw it on TV).

Obama, on the other hand, did not work with Ayers on foreign or economic policy. He also did not support that other unsavory character, Mr.Bush.

Clear now?

Of course Barry did not work with Ayers on any policy whatsoever because Barry has no experience that would warrant such a meeting and neither does Ayers. Ayers would be a great contact though in plotting a bomb attack on US soil. Are we clear?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

How is tying Barry to Ayers or Wright etc different from the constant comparison that is made between McCain and the much hated president Bush by the Soetoro for President campaign. That horse has also been beaten to death. We might as well compare Barry to Jimmy Carter. Except that Barry is more liberal than Carter.

Well....you proved my point.

I see right away you start calling names and using names other than the one he was given (which apparently you can't handle using. Too much dignity?)

Then......you think that by comparing one person.....who is in the same party and voted with Bush

OVER 90% OF THE TIME

and think that somehow gives you guys the right to use baseless attacks and petty name calling. Mature.

You summarize your post by calling everyone who disagrees with you "lib-ruhllz" and reminding us that Obama will ruin everything the Republicans have accomplished?? That's EXACTLY what we want....

Guess I am too "lib-ruhlll" to get what your point is.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Grafilthy]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

I am merely referring to Obama by one of his many names. The name given to him when he was adoptted in Indonesia. How is that name calling? I am just afraid that by calling him Barrack Hussein Obama that I may confuse him with Osama bin Laden

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Don't forget that Barry has spent over 400k on food alone. Lobster and caviar for the Mrs.

Not true:

New York Post Retracts Lobster Story

Correction of the day award goes to The New York Post's Page Six, which ran this item today:

The source who told us last week about Michelle Obama getting lobster and caviar delivered to her room at the Waldorf-Astoria must have been under the influence of a mind-altering drug. She was not even staying at the Waldorf. We regret the mistake, and our former source is going to regret it, too. Bread and water would be too good for such disinformation.

The original item, which ran on October 17th, has been scrubbed from the Post's Web site, but that doesn't mean it hasn't had an impact.

But what I find really interesting is how this thread about McCain's NEGATIVE press has turned into a "bash Obama fest". You guys can't even resist talking about Obama. He's so charismatic and magnetic, you can't even say anything nice about your own guy! How do you expect the press to speak positively about him if you can't?

Now, I'm going to go put on my rose-colored glasses, sit back and sip Kool-aid while I watch MSNBC and feel that "thrill" up my leg!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Without my lobster and caviar bit, I have nothing left to say

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

An example of why McCain is getting negative coverage.(His supporters.)

And it continues.

Keep up the good work...it's helping!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
you can't even say anything nice about your own guy! How do you expect the press to speak positively about him if you can't?

Yeah.. how about that? Now's your chance guys. Let's hear some positive John McCain news from you.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

This is amazing!! I now know what it is like talking to brick wall. You expect everyone to see your viewpoint and yet you refuse to see the other side. So, you blame the crazy radical McCain supporters for his skewed media coverage. I suppose you condone the sane rational behavior (insert sarcasm here) displayed by the wide variety of Obama supporters. Lets take the pizza shop in MIchigan handing out free pies to those who steal and redeem McCain yard signs. Seems sane and rational to me. Lets reward theft and trespassing. That should be the new theme for MR. OBAMA.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join