It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New study shows McCain Gets Far More Negative Coverage From Media.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

But an example. McCain was talking to an ignorant redneck in a town hall function meeting last week in Ohio, if you remember, This old ignorant hilbilly redneck, piped up to McCain, that Obama was a muslim terrorist. He corrected her and said, no he's a nice guy and is not a muslim.

If i'm correct...you are misquoting what the woman said. She called him an arab. McCain grabbed the mic from her...and said no....no.....he's a good man with a family whom i just happen to have disagreements with.

It was something to that effect. SHe didn't call him a muslim terrorist.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I type pretty fast and say exactly what's on my mind to keyboard, that is my intial problem. So need to get it out, the way I do, or else I forget what I want to say. I spell pretty good, just my mind races. I do need to proof read more. I'm aware of my errors, even after typing. I'm just not perfect I'm afraid, But I will improve.

Also I have an hearing impairment, so I did lack in English during my schooling
It's pretty severe may I add

See the way you percieve me almost instantly that I could be dumb or not as intellegent? In many Apsitude tests, IQ test's and the latter, I scored pretty high on spelling.

Do you want to go more off topic?
Let's stick to the topic.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I type pretty fast and say exactly what's on my mind to keyboard, that is my intial problem. So need to get it out, the way I do, or else I forget what I want to say. I spell pretty good, just my mind races. I do need to proof read more. I'm aware of my errors, even after typing. I'm just not perfect I'm afraid, But I will improve.

See the way you percieve me almost instantly that I could be dumb or not as intellegent? In many Apsitude tests, IQ test's and the latter, I scored pretty high on spelling.

Do you want to go more off topic?
Let's stick to the topic.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe

Okay you managed to make me feel really bad about my spelling comment. Hey I make errors all the time, which is why most of my posts have an "edit" added. Use Microsoft Word, it will catch the errors.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Well the point is still valid. But thanks for correcting that, I just seen the newflash a few days ago, and remember his reply, but not hers, as she was not displayed in the coverage.

My point, to McCain or that girl
What's wrong with been an arab, that is what her judgment was but hes in an arab.

McCain, didn't say that there is nothing wrong with been an Arab? It was a racsist and an ignorant thing to say of the women. She is not informed. He did not handle that correctly. The main point was not just to defend Obama, but also state to the lady, he is a nice man, and hes not muslm, and there is nothing wrong with been a muslim or an Arab. That was the correct thing to say.

He didn't bring that on board. It's fine to say hes a nice man but why not correct her statement, she thinks the problem is that he was an arab. We all know Obama is a nice man, We all know McCain is a nice man.

Does anyone not get it?

Like do you not see how blantant that is.

P.S I have relatives like that lady, who are nice American people but have twisted views on the world and need to be properly informed. If McCain want's to be a leader of a nation that is not informed, he better get his act together.

Because he is NOT informed on this racism, because he follows this nonsense aswell, and don't deny it. For political interest's he wants more bush wars. That is the reality. In his eyes, he would prefer people to have the people misguided about the ME, and keep the image that oh arabs are bad etc.

He should of handled it correctly. The same goes for any man.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

No ill feelings at all

People can be misguided easily on boards like these. But my point to you is, be more aware, and don't be fooled by these politicians.

You cannot be that stupid, if your president of the USA.
He says the most stupid things beyond imaginable, and the logic to that is, its for a purpose.

People need to understand, what that purpose does.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

McCain was getting booed at that rally man. He was sticking up for him. As soon as the word Arab came out of her mouth...he took the mic and said...No..No. McCain didn't say..."Yeah, he's an arab, but he's a good man etc."

I'm sure the clip is on youtube so we can verify it.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

You cannot be that stupid, if your president of the USA. He says the most stupid things beyond imaginable, and the logic to that is, its for a purpose.

Nahhhh. I really do not believe that. Cheney is fairly bright, as is Rice (both evil, but bright). Bush and Rumsfield are halfwits.

You believe anyone evil, or anyone in power is a genius. They are not. They don't have to be brilliant, they just have to be smarter than 51% of the population (with a lot of spin doctors and speech writers to help them out).

They are fools. And I do not believe for one moment that Bush is loving this and laughing about it. He is feeling bad, he is shamed. The guy did this for power and glory, not for money (well money was a part of it but glory and power and "changing the world" was the major bit he bought into). No president wants to go down as "the worst in a generation". He messed up big time, and while he may not believe it is "his fault" he still realizes that everyone else thinks he messed up. Even his own party.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

McCain was getting booed at that rally man. He was sticking up for him. As soon as the word Arab came out of her mouth...he took the mic and said...No..No. McCain didn't say..."Yeah, he's an arab, but he's a good man etc."

I'm sure the clip is on youtube so we can verify it.

Could you post it on here, I'm not familar with uploading links on here. It would be great and clear up any misunderstandings. Thanks.

Doesn't this show how alot of people are not really in touch with reality. Seriously. He should of stated that there is nothing wrong with been a muslim or been an arab. This was the problem, this was the bad judgment brought forward by the people shouting at McCain.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

For your viewing pleasure.

The lady speaks at 1:20.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

The lady speaks at 1:20.

Are you sure she is saying he is an Arab? I heard that clip before and I thought she was saying he is "an error".

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Thanks again for posting the clip

I just feel, McCain should of at least told her, that there is nothing wrong with been an arab.

The Lady has an issue with Obama, because she thought he was an Arab, like there is something wrong with that .

Does that make sense?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

The Lady has an issue with Obama, because she thought he was an Arab, like there is something wrong with that .
Does that make sense?

Are there independant sources that claim she said ARAB? It seems like a rather odd statement (seeing as how he does not look Arab at all). She is stuttering, I guess she could have said Arab but when I heard it the first time it sounded like error.

Even for Rednecks the term "Muslim" would be far more common than "Arab".

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Yeah, i can understand what you are saying. I don't think he hates Arabs, but the crowd was against him there. It was ballsy of him to do what he did...IMO. He could have taken that extra step but he didn't. I agree with what you are stating though, just because you are a Muslim or an Arab...etc.....that doesn't mean you are a bad person.

And for that woman..luckily for her it didn't show her face...or she'd be in a bit of trouble right now.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure it's arab. Pretty sure most of the news agencies stated that also.

It sounds like arab to me anyway.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Again you need to look at the facts. I've told you to go do some research, then come with an reasonable opinion.

What you believe to be is that his weakness is where he falls. It's his weakness that he plays on.

Sorry you don't say things slowly like this

"food on........... family"

When you have a degree in the political arena, having the top people behind him, without that been used for a purpose.

It just does not make sense. He might be ignorant to certain things on the world, but he is not stupid.

He uses Nazis brainwashing too, are you ever aware of that. Have you ever seen him control an interview? I did, Do you know what his IQ is. I do. Seriously stop been ignorant and do some research.

Because, I'm really still not amused by people who still fall for this nonsense 8 years on, like hes still so dumb. He's a middle aged man, comes from a brutal, powerul hungry wealthy family. Has kids of his own etc Being re-elected twice, and got his way out of every mess, this administration had done. And now hes all hush hush on the way out

If hes dumb, he will still talk about WMDs in Iraq. He knows he better not bring that up........... Cus he ain't stupid.

You really think hes stupid. Palin is stupid alright, she's trying to not look stupid. Does Bush try at all, serously. You don't have a good clear perceptions on things I'm afraid. Bush Know's the media says hes dumb, how come he doesn't even react or care, what does that say?

Look I've even had this argument with a friend of mine about Bush, and she had the same opinion of you about this, even she now agrees with me, because it does make more sense, that he's using the dumb image to his advantage, She doesn't like to agree with me, but it defianately changed her perception of Bush. She thinks this dumb image, makes us forget the evil side of him.

He is not stupid, period.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

No she said CARROT SOUP. ffs.

Arab as in muslim. Look I have an American relative who is like this lady, a bit older, lovely nice women btw.

But when she visited Ireland 2 years ago, she slating every arab she seen on the street. oh they are terrorists. For example. A muslim guy hopping onto the train about 30 foot away from her, whispered to me

Oh those f*** Arabs.

She didn't say CARROT SOUP.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Yeah, i can understand what you are saying. I don't think he hates Arabs, but the crowd was against him there. It was ballsy of him to do what he did...IMO. He could have taken that extra step but he didn't. I agree with what you are stating though, just because you are a Muslim or an Arab...etc.....that doesn't mean you are a bad person.

And for that woman..luckily for her it didn't show her face...or she'd be in a bit of trouble right now.

I think that's what anyone would have done if they were in his position, especially if your in a position to lead your country.

This proves that he is just not up ful standard. If I was a leader, I would want to inform people the facts and not guide people to a false fantasy like some of the people at the rally are on.

But thanks for your opinion.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Do you know what his IQ is. I do. Seriously stop been ignorant and do some research.

I believe his IQ was tested at 120 or so. That was probably before all the drug and alcohol abuse, which could easily have caused some brain damage.

120 ain't no genius. Bush ain't no genius. He had some fairly bright spin doctors in his cabinet, but Bush as an individual is mediocre at best.

(On that note I am going to sleep. You two can carry on in perfect agreement with one another!)

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Nahhh....I really don't think so. So maybe Palin isn't the most experienced, fact is she DOES NOT HAVE TO BE. She will have plenty of advisors to guide her if she ever takes over the Commander and Chief role, and seriously does anyone really believe Bush is smarter than Palin? No way.

This is where your post lost all credibility. Bush is WAY smarter than Palin. Don't call Bush stupid. The Bush administration was a complete success. Just look at what they were able to do in the last 8 years. I think Palin is an idiot. She doesn't even know what the Bush doctirne is. She thinks the VP rules over the senate. Trust me, you don't win friends by blaming other people for your wrong doing, and that's what Palin is doing.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join