It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New study shows McCain Gets Far More Negative Coverage From Media.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

This so-called liberal media attacked John Kerry of flip-flopping in 2004. They support Obama because he's the better candidate. Prove me wrong.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Kerry got the same kind of easy treatment in 2004. Dont you remember all the same hand wringing about how Kerry had it in the bag around this time? How about the Dan Rather forged documented in October, just before the election?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

From what I remember Kerry was pwned by Bush. Even Democrats admit that Kerry wouldn't be a good leader. However, I just think McCain turns people off due to his negativity. Not to say that Obama isn't negative as well, but, John McCain has attacked the media, and, I don't think you can get friends in the media by attacking them.

Just my $.02. You must work with the system--not against it. Obama is good at that-- and-- John Mccain fails to see that he needs to do this-- that's why the media is going more towards Obama.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
WOW!!!

I am astonished!
I am amazed!

How can anyone in their right mind not notice the overflowing bias the MSM has. I swear, are you all completely hypnotized? By the way I am not a republican... well I am not american either.

I watch US news because we get all of it up here in Canada. I get all the majors except for FOX.

A couple questions for those who think the MSM is fair.

If it were Mccain who had the questionable ties to Ayers, do you think the MSM would talk about it for more than a minute?

How about if Mccain had ties to a racist/white supremist pastor? Think they would mention that?

How about if Mccain had the same minimal experience that Obama has. Think he would get a media pass? Oh wait, they have been relentless suggesting Palin is not ready/experinced enough and she is number 2.

I could go on and on............

If I were Mccain I would be pissed at the MSM to.

You don't have to like Mccain to at least admit the bias...go ahead love obama all you want.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

I notice a bias in the MSM, but, I wouldn't blame it for the place McCain is in right now. I think a lot of blame can be placed on his pick for Vice President.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
When the MSM pays attention to something, you know it because its wall to wall coverage for days.

I agree! Next time I hear the name "Ayers", I'm gonna puke. Same about bespoke Joe.

Maybe if the left wing media would actually see that there is a problem with Obama hanging with this guy, then you would understand what the problem is. I heard the something that really made a difference in the way to think about Ayers. Does the name Timothy McVay ring a bell. That is exactly what Ayers is, he just got off on a technocality. It is bad enough that this guy is out in the public at all. Obama has made a point with being with all the wrong people for most of his life. Check the history.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by deathhasnosound
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Are you saying Obama has NOT done negative ads?
Doy you forget the one where they teased him because he couldn't use a laptop and come to find out he can't becasue of his war injuries?

[edit on 23-10-2008 by deathhasnosound]

I work with people who have disabilities; Mccain can use his hands, he can put his hands on a desk in front of him, he has LIMITED range though (shoulder injuries). IT is no excuse for things he does. Mccain has OTHERS type for him, and does not NEED to type, and the ADD was to point out he is OUT OF TOUCH with WHAT IS NOW. Not like they called him a TERRORIST for being best buddy to G. GORDON LIDDY or anything, then put out robocalls on that, or fliers, or his record of voting against things that favor armed forces. Mccain's policies are HORRIBLE for most people. I hope he loses, and hope he cries about it, and hope Palin loses her job, and is fired.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave
WOW!!!

I am astonished!
I am amazed!

How can anyone in their right mind not notice the overflowing bias the MSM has. I swear, are you all completely hypnotized? By the way I am not a republican... well I am not american either.

I watch US news because we get all of it up here in Canada. I get all the majors except for FOX.

If it were Mccain who had the questionable ties to Ayers, do you think the MSM would talk about it for more than a minute?

How about if Mccain had ties to a racist/white supremist pastor? Think they would mention that?

How about if Mccain had the same minimal experience that Obama has. Think he would get a media pass? Oh wait, they have been relentless suggesting Palin is not ready/experinced enough and she is number 2.

You don't have to like Mccain to at least admit the bias...go ahead love obama all you want.

1.) Mccain hid Palin
2.) He picked her with less than an hour conversation with campaign advisors and he was NEVER on the VP short list at that.
3.) They see his tactics, see the GOP voter suppression tactics, how they get votes discounted, lie, etc.
4.) Obama and Biden don't say "It is gotcha media" for dumb # they get caught in (especially Biden). Biden says he made a mistake, corrects it, moves on. Mccain and PALIN made the media the enemy at the start BECAUSE they know the MSM wants facts, wants talking points, wants NEWS and also they want to present what they find. WHEN people mock them, and make negatives to talk about, well, they deserve it. I think this year the MSM, except for Fox, is actually getting it RIGHT. Bush stole the election TWICE. GOP has robbed and used voter suppression many times. They advance the NWO most claim to hate and ARE the party of Hitler with their war crimes and lies and they think it is OKAY to socialize DEBT to poor and middle class, YET, wrong to have those with money pay for a country they take advantage of and use.

--Vote Mccain, just don't let me find you spreading lies, SUPPRESSING votes, spreading garbage, or going overboard. The MSM is accurate this year. I'd rather have people DECIDE with votes than SUPPRESSION and fear tactics. Thats like saying "I like Hitler as a person" then excusing him for other #. IF you agree with stealing elections, defeating democracy, SUPPRESSION of poor voters especially, then you are as bad as them. Winds of change are coming, pick a side; MANKIND, or the elite and few.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

WOW!!!

I am astonished!
I am amazed!

WHO is G. Gordon Liddy? Ayers has had weeks and came up every news-broadcast. Liddy mentioned? Look up how RECENTLY he was involved with Mccain and what Mccain said about him. Look up "George Bush" both Sr. and Jr., then see their crimes (breaking Geneva Conventions, Guantanimo Bay, war under FALSE pretenses and lies), look up Bush and Mccain SUPPORTING torture (Mccain voted FOR that bill to allow this), ummm, ask the Military about Mccain's voting for THEM (gave him a "D" whereas Obama and Biden both earned B ratings with A being highest and F being worst), look up voter suppression, look up SCARE tactics, look up STOLEN elections, look up DEREGULATION, look up people who cause innocents to die, be cheated, and set up to fail. Find out about suppression especially. Bush family, Mccain; TERRORISTS themselves.

SO #ing what, Ayers bombed places, he was forgiven, he was denounced for THOSE acts by Obama, Obama was 8 years old then, Ayers later worked with Obama and OTHER REPUBLICANS on EDUCATION boards, Ayers is a COLLEGE PROFESSOR now, but look up G. Gordon Liddy, Mccain's ties to hate groups, Bush, and the "Friends" Mccain has talked with. It is disgusting. THOSE truths are not talked about. SUPPRESSING votes and cheating, and telling lies are horrible. GOP NEEDS TO GO AWAY already, with their bull#, their lies, and their stories.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AdmiralX

WHO is G. Gordon Liddy? Ayers has had weeks and came up every news-broadcast. Liddy mentioned? Look up how RECENTLY he was involved with Mccain and what Mccain said about him.

Again, you are failing to see that the media spent time DEFLECTING the Ayers criticisms. They did not reinforce the criticism as they would if it were McCain. In fact, the media offten brought up Liddy, as a way to deflect the criticism from Obama. Something they would never do for McCain.

SO #ing what, Ayers bombed places, he was forgiven,

By who? He was able to beat the rap on a technicality, than later bragged that he had set the bombs.

he was denounced for THOSE acts by Obama, Obama was 8 years old then, Ayers later worked with Obama and OTHER REPUBLICANS on EDUCATION boards, Ayers is a COLLEGE PROFESSOR now,

Like Obama's many shady connections, he only denounces them AFTER hes got his usefulness out of them. Obama may have been 8 years old, but LAUNCHED his career at Ayers home. Would you launch your political career at a terrorists home?

Anyway, this guy has NO BUSINESS in education? What the hell is wrong with people? Why do we have a terrorist teaching kids? Why was Obama helping him?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Like Obama's many shady connections, he only denounces them AFTER hes got his usefulness out of them. Obama may have been 8 years old, but LAUNCHED his career at Ayers home. Would you launch your political career at a terrorists home?

Anyway, this guy has NO BUSINESS in education? What the hell is wrong with people? Why do we have a terrorist teaching kids? Why was Obama helping him?

John McCain helped iran in the Iran contra affair. Obama is innocent. During that year which Ayers helped Obama with a convention Obama had several other conventions as well, so, don't go start lying
with your neocon lies...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

1.) Mccain hid Palin
2.) He picked her with less than an hour conversation with campaign advisors and he was NEVER on the VP short list at that.
3.) They see his tactics, see the GOP voter suppression tactics, how they get votes discounted, lie, etc.

1, 2 and 3 = opinion

4.) Obama and Biden don't say "It is gotcha media" for dumb # they get caught in (especially Biden). Biden says he made a mistake, corrects it, moves on. Mccain and PALIN made the media the enemy at the start BECAUSE they know the MSM wants facts, wants talking points, wants NEWS and also they want to present what they find

Obama and Biden don't have to worry about the MSM. Because regardless how negative the story might be. The media talk about it for a minute and comeup with ways to deflect and then move on. And Obama and Biden know it, so they don't pursue it, they don't have to.

Any negative story about Mccain/Palin, they talk about for days on end. And when there is nothing to talk about, they desperately try to come up with stuff. Like Palins wardrobe for gods sake.

I think this year the MSM, except for Fox, is actually getting it RIGHT.

Why? because you agree with them. And because FOX has a different OPINION then you they are wrong and don't get it right?

We all know the MSM including FOX is just OPINION. They stopped reporting the news along time ago

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I notice a bias in the MSM, but, I wouldn't blame it for the place McCain is in right now. I think a lot of blame can be placed on his pick for Vice President.

Nahhh....I really don't think so. So maybe Palin isn't the most experienced, fact is she DOES NOT HAVE TO BE. She will have plenty of advisors to guide her if she ever takes over the Commander and Chief role, and seriously does anyone really believe Bush is smarter than Palin? No way.

The way I see it McCain is just a bit addled. I really really truly wanted to vote for the man because I despise Obama (yes his speeches are warm and fuzzy but my intellect over rides emotion or hypnosis). I really wanted to be able to like McCain, and vote for a republican president for the first time in my life, but everytime he speaks I just keep seeing bombs drop. Lots of bombing, and Iranian kids dying, and American soldiers fighting more endless battles that cannot be won... and well....it is just really not a good vision at all.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Thanks for the post and this thread.

But to be short in reply.

He get's more negative coverage, because he projects more negativity than Obama. McCain is more on the attack, than Obama. Not to judge the two wrongly, but Obama is calmer and more in control than McCain has been. People are going to respond to that, respectively.

So it makes perfects sense people are going to respond to the way hes reaacting onto the world if you like, be it you, mass media, interviewer, country etc.

Does this hold any reasoning at all?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe
So it makes perfects sense people are going to respond to the way hes reaacting onto the world if you like, be it you, mass media, interviewer, country etc.
Does this hold any reasoning at all?

Yes, he does come across as calm and reassuring. However he has been associated with a LOT OF RADICAL NUTS and that says a tremendous amount about his "true feelings and beliefs".

He is putting up a good front. Either he is a spineless fool that goes along with whomever is in his "circle" and submits to peer pressure whether it be his minister or his crazy neighbor, or he truly sympathizes with their hideously ugly beliefs and doctrines (and I do believe it is the later).

Either way he is not as warm and fuzzy as he tries to appear. Actions speak louder than words.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Nahhh....I really don't think so. So maybe Palin isn't the most experienced, fact is she DOES NOT HAVE TO BE. She will have plenty of advisors to guide her if she ever takes over the Commander and Chief role, and seriously does anyone really believe Bush is smarter than Palin? No way.

Oh god I have to laugh at this

Ok...

First thing, Bush is smarter. Bush is the one who plays the dumb image, and presents himself so, but when he goes home hes laughing at you. I honestly really feel for people like you, who just don't get it.

People say hes dumb because hes a bad public speaker. You should really look into "all" his interviews. It will open up your eyes. Better still you should see his pre presidential speechs, or heck you should look into what he studied in yale, and what political anaylists and geniouses he had behind him too.

Please wake up. Bush does really well for himself on the dumb image.

You should ask the question to yourself, can someone so dumb pretend so? Many people in the Republican party play this crap. It misleads people and gives people a clouded opinion of the man, when he plays the dumb image.

This Dumb image, is precisley how he got away with his nazis behaviour throughout the whole 8 years. I know you don't want to believe it, but

You really really need to wake up. You cannot be that stupid, if your a president, that is just that fact. We could go on all day. But the best advice I will give to you is. People in power or in a high position, didn't get there for no reason, they have trained themselves to lead and get other's to follow. People can be very deceptive, if its suits them. It's called manipulation.

Also can I ask why do you hate despise Obama, just curious??

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe
Please wake up. Bush does really well for himself on the dumb image.

You should ask the question to yourself, can someone so dumb pretend so? Many people in the Republican party play this crap. It misleads people and gives people a clouded opinion of the man, when he plays the dumb image.

This Dumb image, is precisley how he got away with his nazis behaviour throughout the whole 8 years. I know you don't want to believe it, but

Also can I ask why do you hate despise Obama, just curious??

Yeah, Bush sat there for 8 solid minutes after the 9/11 attacks and "played the role of stunned and clueless" to fool everyone. Sure he did. He is an evil genius right? Which is why after 8 years his party is likely to LOSE! Or maybe he is an evil genius Democrat that got us into this mess so we would vote for Obama?

Why don't I like Obama? He is a racist to an extreme degree. But you can't see that can you? His preacher, his books, his views, they don't mean anything do they?

Oh wait, I forgot, black people can't be racist. My bad.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

1.) Mccain hid Palin

1, 2 and 3 = opinion

It is his opinion literally, but it does holds some truths, if you really look at the bigger picture.

I mean, she was the just shock and wow factor, it did the job, got the shock and wow simply. Boosted his ratings. That is why she was selected, simple.

She is not the person for the job. This is reality, She was not picked for any other reason, she can't even suggest a reason herself tbh. She has not shown the country with any reason, that she is even suitable for this job. She was there for one purpose to get the women's votes. and woo the country. This was achieved, nothing else on her part was achieved.

That is the facts.

But the ironic thing, to back up this behaviour. It really is that, she has no grasp on anything in relation this job. She has not shown any form of intellegence on a political level, but just Alaska. She has not travelled outside her own country, to see a world view, about the world. As a Vp, she won't be able to judge the world properly. She has not met foriegn minister's of state's. She is not familar with the last 8 years of world politics. She does not understand war or how to tackle confilict. She repeats the same tactics has the bush administration. Did the Bush plan work, No it didn't for a fact. Does she no then? No.

She can't articulate herself in interviews. She had so many chances to prove herself and time and time again she has failed.

1.She was the woo factor for the republican party to boost it's ratings
2. To get the woman voters.

There is nothing else in the last month has proved otherwise.

So inway, his opinon does kind of make sense.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

Just out of curiosity, is English your first language? And if so does Ireland have their own dictionary? Or do you typically refer to the Oxford dictionary as the ultimate authority?

I say this because I have seen you mispell "intelligence" more than once in various threads and it really does not add to your credibility when you presume to judge the intelligence, or lack thereof, of others.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Yeah, Bush sat there for 8 solid minutes after the 9/11 attacks and "played the role of stunned and clueless" to fool everyone. Sure he did. He is an evil genius right? Which is why after 8 years his party is likely to LOSE! Or maybe he is an evil genius Democrat that got us into this mess so we would vote for Obama?

He fooled the country twice, fooled the American people literally everyday for the entire 8 years. Played so stupidly that you all sat and laughed at him.

Yet 2 wars, overunning the constitution, continous lies, changing laws, making america becoming almost dictatorship style running in his eight years. Used thrillion of taxpayers into an Iraq war, Brainwashed America by twisting reality into fear and twisting the 9/11 for an all out war with Iraq.

War is about money and power. Nothing else.

Oh and this other great one, sat on a chair and still fooled you. Seriously he is a genius. Not something I'd like to admit. The Media are paid purposely to make your president look stupid. Bush has played it up so much, that he does it more, knowing the world think's hes the dumbest man alive.

Washington has some of the best Actors in America.

Still got his thrillions. Look, hes there to get his nasty business done, and drops off and leaves it right there where he left. Heck you can't even put him to trial. Look at the last few weeks at how timid and calm he is, making pretty direct speeches, shocking really isn't it, not to me of course, It's Ironic he isn't playing as dumb or been funnyish as he used too, heck does that not show anything, anything at all?

Do honestly think hes dumb, for the reason, he made his party suffer.

P.S you don't have to be stupid and dumb to sit on a chair for 8 minutes like he did on the attacks of 9/11. It can also be intentional, and that is even more likely in his behaviour. You do not realise how much him and his cronies buddes has actually achieved in these wars. Really you don't. People control the world, and you think they are stupid

I could give you a few shock realties, but I'm not going too, I think you will be too dumbfounded I'm afraid. So I'm not going to add to this paragraph.

Maybe you want to think thats it's all gravy and hes to stupid to think. If he really is that stupid, then why was he was he in the most powerful position in the world. Seriously think about, My god please just try.

Honestly there is no point arguing with you, I'm not going to convince you of anything. But jesus you do need to wake up too simple truths. Like a good splash of water on your face might even help.

Republicans Vs Democrats. Is a load of balls too. I'm sorry to be blunt, but the American people are so cot up and brainwashed they fail to see how programmed they are over these elections.

Obama will win, he is already asigned..

Why don't I like Obama? He is a racist to an extreme degree. But you can't see that can you? His preacher, his books, his views, they don't mean anything do they?

Oh wait, I forgot, black people can't be racist. My bad.

What's with the sarcasm, I just asked you a civilized question. To me, Obama is a nice man, McCain is a nice man. Your so cot up in this Media BS. This is exactly what's wrong with America.

McCain is racist too, if your going to say Obama is, they both have made rasicist judgments. They both are not bad people.

But an example. McCain was talking to an ignorant redneck in a town hall function meeting last week in Ohio, if you remeber, This old ignorant hilbilly redneck, piped up to McCain, that Obama was a muslim terrorist. He corrected her and said, no he's a nice guy and is not a muslim.

Riiiiiiiiight.
But he failed to say that he's not a terrorist's and B. Did not mention the most important part there is nothing wrong with a been Muslim either.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by mind is the universe]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join