It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient pyramids spotted by satellites

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Vehemens

There is little doubt that Ancient societies were, in often cases, more advanced and civilized than, say, Europe was up until the 16th century or, in some cases, even LATER than that!

Look at the hygienics of their people, for instance.

PS. Also take into consideration that Doctors in Ancient Egypt were performing brain surgery 2,000 years ago.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I have heard talk of ancient nuclear war evidence in the middle east... but I dont recall ever seeing any maps or anything other than talk. can you guys shed some light on this as well... cools, I eagerly await carbon dating... //

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by T0by

interesting!
one author states that the great pyramid in egypt is a gigantic book, designed to withstand the rigors of time. it has outlived all of the other 7 Wonders of the Ancient World, that have either been destroyed by earthquake, fire or torn down by plundering and/or dismantliing for use of the raw materials.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot
I have heard talk of ancient nuclear war evidence in the middle east... but I dont recall ever seeing any maps or anything other than talk. can you guys shed some light on this as well... cools, I eagerly await carbon dating... //

I think you mean about the "Vimana"

www.world-mysteries.com...

They waged a "war" with some other flying machines and were using nuclear weapons. If this is true.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
In response to the question of where are the remnants of the advanced civilization if there was one.
There are quite a few theories I have about where the remains went. One of them is that maybe their "advanced technology" was complately different than the way our technology is today. So maybe we're looking for the wrong type of "technology" Instead of oil-based industry or silicon based technology, maybe the world at that period in time didnt have oil like we do now, maybe they didnt utilize carbon or silicon like we do. It's been thought by many scholars ancient civilizations used crystal based technologies.

Second, this world is older than we can possibly imagine. Mankind is thought to have been around alot longer than we thought before, as mentioned on another thread on this fine site. So, perhaps the ancient civilizations lived 1 million or more years ago. Look how much the Earth has changed in that time period. Floods, volcanoes, hurricanes. Evidence would have been washed away over time. Even metal rusts away to nothing after so long.

The Mayans believed there has been 5 or 6 humanity destroying events throughout the history of the Earth. After 5 or 6 cycles of starting over and starting over perhaps we are just now getting close to the technology of the 1st or 2nd cycle era humans.

Third, and lastly, Look how vast our oceans are. THere is over 80% of the oceans yet to be gone over. This world is in a state of constant change, Pangea and the other super continent in the southern hemisphere used to be in the equator. There is evidence of one or more major pole shifts throughout Earth's history. Search up the Bimini road, or the pyramids off the coast of Japan. There is evidence that at one time in our history, the sea levels were 500 ft lower. So, as with todays super cities, perhaps, ancient meccas of civilization were close to the coast. and just simply wiped out by a major flood, they could be underwater, under mud, but still there for us to discover one day.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

this was just a quick search but here is the google results

8000 year old nuclear blast?

hope you find this enlightening, it's not the only one though, there were also "natural' nuclear reactors found in Africa I believe

The Oklo natural Nuclear reators

there is an ongoing debate as to wether or not these really are natural or not, so to say there is "no" evidence is a matter of interpretation

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
it might be the lost city of atlantis

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Remote sensing is really neat technology. I was just reading about it a little earlier today (which is an odd coincidence). But there's ALOT of really neat stuff to see on the USGS website. Some neat stuff to check out.

library.usgs.gov...

agdc.usgs.gov...

terraweb.wr.usgs.gov...

www.usgs.gov...

My wife works for a geologic company here in Alaska that coordinates with USGS to conduct remote sensing exploration of potential sites for gold, platinum, and other metals. I'm really not sure how it all works but it sounds really neat.

Maybe we could use this technology on future mars missions

-ChriS

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SUMDUMONKEY

This topic was posted in the Ancient Civ. forum on 10/5, the day it was announced here's the link.

But, personally, I think it is further evidence of pre-historic cultures that were wiped out due to massive cataclysm.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

Well, if you want to get technical I think every civilization ends that way.. It's just a matter of whether the causes are man-made or natural. But you are right, they probably were. There have been many well-documented instances involving humans on this planet where man-made or natural cataclysms pretty much killed off entire civilizations. but ancient civilizations are a little more cloaked in mystery and mysticism because noone really knows what happened in many instances so it leaves all kinds of doors open for ideas and speculation (hence the mystery surround the lost city of Atlantis). I mean, if you look at the dark ages alone you pretty much see how insanely devastating disease can be all by itself..

Edgar Cayce said it was a major flood that wiped out Atlantis but most ancient civilizations were pretty insane. The countless thousands the Aztecs sacrificed to their gods, holy wars throughout history that killed countless millions (including women and children). Maybe he was psychic, maybe he wasn't, but I think alot of times people almost minimize the potential for human evil in their minds for whatever reason. A flood is much more picturesque/enigmatic.. And probably much less bloody.. But we do know that earth is always changing and that MANY MANY major floods have occurred over the millenia so it actually isn't so unlikely. The unlikely part, to me, is the idea of a completely technological society that was somehow lost/forgotten because of a major cataclysm. I'd really like to believe in it.. It just sounds pretty wacky..

But it is interesting to wonder where we would be technologically if the library of Alexandria hadn't been burnt to the ground (as an example). I mean look at the antikythera mechanism supposedly built over 2100 years ago.. Pretty crazy..

en.wikipedia.org...

The mechanism is the oldest known complex scientific calculator. It contains many gears, and is regarded essentially as an analog computer. It appears to be constructed upon theories of astronomy and mathematics developed by Greek astronomers and it is estimated that it was made around 150 to 100 BC. The circumstances under which it came to be on the cargo ship are unclear. The ship is estimated to have sunk between 80 to 60 BC and was a Roman or Greek ship with cargo for Rome, perhaps part of official loot. It contained more than 100 statues similar to the ones the Romans took to Italy after their conquest of Greece. Consensus among scholars is that the mechanism itself was made in Greece.[6] All the instructions of the mechanism are written in Greek.

One hypothesis is that the device was constructed at an academy founded by the ancient Stoic philosopher Posidonius on the Greek island of Rhodes, which at the time was known as a centre of astronomy and mechanical engineering, and that perhaps the astronomer Hipparchus was the engineer who designed it since it contains a lunar mechanism which uses Hipparchus' theory for the motion of the Moon. Investigators have suggested that the ship could have been carrying it to Rome, together with other treasure looted from the island to support a triumphal parade being staged by Julius Caesar.[7]

However, the most recent findings of The Antikythera Mechanism Research Project, as published in the July 30, 2008 edition of Nature also suggest that the concept for the mechanism originated in the colonies of Corinth in Sicily, which implies a connection with Archimedes.

-ChriS

[edit on 22-10-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

From there own "Holy Texts":

Mahabharata

...a single projectile
Charged with all the power of the Universe.
An incandescent column of smoke and flame
As bright as the thousand suns
Rose in all its splendour...
a perpendicular explosion
with its billowing smoke clouds...
...the cloud of smoke
rising after its first explosion
formed into expanding round circles
like the opening of giant parasols...

..it was an unknown weapon,
An iron thunderbolt,
A gigantic messenger of death,
Which reduced to ashes
The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.
...The corpses were so burned
As to be unrecognisable.
The hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
And the birds turned white.

After a few hours
All foodstuffs were infected...
...to escape from this fire
The soldiers threw themselves in streams
To wash themselves and their equipment.

Sounds like a nuke to me.

Hey I just had an apifiny!

Saddam must have used a time machine and went back in time to hide his nukes in India! Then when he attempted to go back to the present, it activated the nukes!

So that's how he did it!

-Lahara

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'd better throw in the fact sheet that came up in Google too. Just to balance out the craziness.

Oklo Reactor Fact sheet

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vehemens
Just because we had civilizations that could make pyramids people call them advanced civilizations...
Must be all those holographic televisions, neons, furniture and plasma weapons they found inside the pyramids. Oh, I forgot about the anti-gravity vehicles parked in the garages and the plastic stuff all around..
Must be wonderful to build all those giant things with the most advanced technology like rocks and sand and have to use a torch to walk inside it. lool

Interestingly, the math works out that if the Great Pyramid were built in 20 years, they would be placing one many-ton block of stone every five minutes, 24/7.

Can we do that these days...?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
Thay flourished between the first and fifth century bc' and slid into oblivion when the incas came...but they didnt "seal and burry" their sacred sites till 300-350 ad?

No... They flourished from about 100 BC through about 400 AD. So the sealing and burying were well within the frame.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Deianera

I would suggest "Ancient Traces" by Michael Baigent. How can we explain jewellery found in lumps of coal that is millions of years old? How can we explain fossilised prints of sandles showing stitching in the region of half a million years old? As for more recent traces just google for 'helicopter' and 'abydos'. The explanation that somebody placed another hieroglyph over old ones is absolute rubbish. I have studied Egyptian glyphs and these engravings have not been contaminated. Even if it were to explain the helicopter, how about the submarine etc.? Then again dont forget the model vtol aircraft found in South America.

This suggestion is way out, but nevertheless perhaps a possibility - Could Time be circular like an orbit? Are we our own past?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SUMDUMONKEY

After seeing the image I guess there truly is no place to hide. The pyramid could be my bunker under the barn,it's just a matter of when they want to come get you? Bummer.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
What's interesting are the claims of buildings on the moon. (E.g. Neil Armstrong's Witness of an Unidentified Object).

These buildings are similar to pyramids and obelisks, ancient designs.
What if being far advanced didn't require essential technological tools we have today; wires, electricity, oil, but rather, different ways of channeling energy (like free energy - Gary Mckinnon) through these ancient sculptures.

I do hope we can enter a different consciousness state in our time and be able to understand more of all these mysteries.

It is enlightening to read through a site like ATS.

Cheers.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by memory_nuke]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
In my humble opinion there are two things to consider regarding the so called "lack of technological remains" when researching ancient cultures.

Firstly, what we today call technology, may had been something completely different in ancient times. Maybe the notion of requiring copper wires for energy transition was considered to be primitive even back than?

So, they weren't using plastics. Seeing what it's doing to the oceans lately, I am quite happy they weren't.

It is commonly accepted that numerous ancient civilizations had a very well developed sense for geometry, so what's to say that they hadn't at some point figured out that certain geometric shapes and arrangements tend to channel the earths energy in a certain way. Maybe the pyramid were the power sources. Geometry, you know, the "G" in the freemasons logo
The point is out current technology might not even remotely resemble some of the ancient ones, so we are in fact looking for the wrong thing.

Secondly, we must, at least hypothetically, take into account the willingness of certain institutions to conceal any, if not all, evidence of ancient technology. Our current world, economies and political systems are based on the possibly false notion that we ( the humans ) are the best and most advanced that we've ever been. I can just imagine how it would all look if we were to discover that the ancient Egyptians were able to instantly travel from any pyramid in Egypt to the ones in south America. ( This is just an example, I don't really subscribe to this idea )

Kind regards

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Manawydan

My thoughts exactly.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join