It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient pyramids spotted by satellites

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Ancient pyramids spotted by satellites

www.msnbc.msn.com

Via Quickbird, Masini and colleagues collected high-resolution infrared and multispectral images. After the researchers optimized the data with special algorithms, the result was a detailed visualization of a pyramid extending over a 97,000-square-foot (9,000-square-meter) area.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I find this interesting that after all this time there are still so many hidden secrets and tresures for us to find!! What still gets me is all these different countries around the world have such striking similarities in the fact that most of them have some sort of pyramid shape etc....and having gone to both egypat and peru , i noticed immediatly the similarities of how the rocks were cut and placed. i swear they look as if the were crafted by the same hands.......very coooool

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16/08/2008 by SUMDUMONKEY]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
This is wild...still lots to find out there! I did see an article recently about ancient satellites that were detected by folks spotting them on pyramids. Think of the consequences of that!!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Let me tell you something. There was an advanced civilization before us. To me there is no doubt. I think it was Edgar Cayse who said that there was the Atlantian civilization was advanced and so advanced that they killed themselves. They had the power of the earth and cosmos and wiped themselves out. To me this is starting to seem more and more true as we see these same buildings all over the world.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
According to The Terra papers, there have been many advanced civilizations that have called this planet home. These civilizations were from other worlds and had fallen due to war, just as our society is on course of doing. I for one do not believe that we are the first advanced civilization on this planet.

Many will ask where the evidence of these past civilizations are, and my answer to that is to know that over time, weathering and erosion destroys all, as was suggested on the History channels Life After People.

Note: I do not necessarily believe what is offered in the Terra papers, I only suggest it as one point of view.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
how about the satellite being able to see through the ground, an uncomfortable reminder of the possibilities man has managed to make true.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SUMDUMONKEY

I would like to recommend a marvelous book by Maurice Chatelain called "Our Cosmic Ancestors". In it he explains the existence of a world-wide advanced culture predating present ones by more than 10,000 years! SOMETHING HAPPENED TO WIPE IT OUT QUITE SUDDENLY. For the record, Monsieur Chatelain is a credible, sane gentleman who once worked for NASA. Deianera

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidney thief
how about the satellite being able to see through the ground, an uncomfortable reminder of the possibilities man has managed to make true.

Yeah and they couldn't find Osama bin Laden hiding in a cave!

This is really cool info to read about. I believe we only know a fraction of Earth's past for sure.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I just thought of a quick point to consider when debating previous civilizations on earth.

You'll ask why there are few remnants of their existence, which is fair enough. I myself find it very hard to believe that if there were advanced civilizations before us, that we're not constantly digging up lazer guns and spaceships.

But do remember that as technology improves, it also gets smaller and more efficient. Perhaps a power plant back then was the size of a pebble. Or transportation was instantaneous without need for cars.
Perhaps the machinery was so advanced that it was designed very small, almost nonexistant and degradable.

Perhaps their homes were built from pure energy, and simply ceased to exist, along with their society.

It's abit far fetched, but I feel it's a resonable point to bring up.

But if that were the case, then we have the contradiction of them feeling the need for them to build big clunky pyramids from stone. Even we don't do that.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by T0by]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by T0by

According to the Terra papers, the earth unusual magnetic field interfered with their electrical systems. The pyramids filled a special need in the beginning of the start of the civilization here on earth. Firstly it was built as a place to allow the proper harness of the earth's magnetic fields and power, and the outside walls and pyramid shape, were built to allow ships to see the so called "landing area". The pyramids in Egypt were originally sided with a gold layer, that caused it to be highly reflective, and with the angle of the pyramids, allowed that reflective surface to be seen from very far away.

Again, there is no evidence to truly support these claims; only what has been written in the Terra papers, and possibly other such sources.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by T0by

Yah but even if the technology did advance that far there still would have been other pre-existing technology that would have came before it. If in the next century or so we develop a powerplant the size of a pebble there's still going to be remnants of the technology that came before it. Cool subject to think about though.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Just watch the History Channel's "Life After People" and you will understand how fast an advanced civilization can disappear.

If you want to go the religious route, consider the Book of Enoch, it tells of how fallen angels taught ancient man how to create and use advanced technology.

This could have been who the "Shining Ones" (mentioned through out ancient texts) that came across the ocean on a boat of snakes with Quetzalcoatl could have been.

-Lahara

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I see the nazca built this, the same people that made the lines, drawings in the earth that can only be made out from the air(like the spider for ex. )

good find! I think they said its under sand? If so they need to dig it up pronto!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
i saw this, so long ago. lets try to get up to date please.
or else the duckbillplatyipussians will take over our collective souls.

you see,

they come from the 16th moon of niburu, and they will wipe us out.
because they are mamals.

yet,

they lay eggs.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by sofullofitandmore]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieSlayer
reply to post by T0by

Yah but even if the technology did advance that far there still would have been other pre-existing technology that would have came before it. If in the next century or so we develop a powerplant the size of a pebble there's still going to be remnants of the technology that came before it. Cool subject to think about though.

Probably true, if they originated and developed on earth.
I'm still learning towards the 'We're the most advanced we've ever been', but i still have a very open mind on the subject.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
What's amazing is that there locations where as many as 15 to 20 cities are stacked upon each other, civilization upon civilization, layered like a cake. They can dig under a city.. and find another.. and another.. and so on.

There is a ton of stuff undiscovered.. it's why I love archaelogy, boring as it is to some folks.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
hey that's really awesome that they found that.

i always wished that i could have been an archaeologist

digging up ancient ruins and stuff would be awesome. learning about ancient cultures, etc

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Reflecting on the recent seismic activity of recent weeks in Peru--I bet they're going to find some interesting artifacts when they continue to work on the site...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Quite interesting. I believe there were advancd civilisations before us. But think of it this way, what happened if they had to demolish or destroy all the remnents that they could? and the pyramids were left for the future?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I found this read uplifting, ancient discoveries are very fascinating. Makes one wonder what else they will find?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join