It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real predictions!! dow will fall to 2300!!! proof also available.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mbot222000

On September 29, 2008, the DJIA lost 777.68 points (6.98%),the largest one day point loss and the eighteenth greatest percentage loss in its 112 year history, following news that the United States House of Representatives had failed to pass the $700 billion bailout bill on the first vote and of the sale of Wachovia Corporation’s banking business to Citigroup facilitated by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). A day later, on September 30, 2008, the DJIA closed the session up 485.21 points (4.68%) amid speculation the aforementioned act would pass after all as well as talks by the Securities and Exchange Comission in reforming Mark to market accounting standards. This was the third largest one-day point gain in history. On October 6, 2008, the DJIA fell below 10,000 points for the first time since October 29, 2004.

www.mytowntalks.com...

Okay, so it started seeing the big falls in September. He was a week or two off in his predictions
Have you done better?

[edit on 21-10-2008 by KaginD]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I have a feeling that another war is coming, wether we want one or not. It may not be this year, but look at the last depression. The only thing that really rallied people and got thier minds off how bad things were was WWII. Things haven't even begun to get bad yet. I think this guy is dead-on with his predictions, and I have been saying for months now that a new depression, one I have been calling the "Greater Depression" is coming. We are on the brink. I hope I am wrong, it is alway possible, but wether we come in for a hard landing, or a soft one, the fact is that one day we will wake up, and things won't be the same.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
This is all very true. Personally, I wouldn't buy gold. I am buying non perishable food and medical supplies. IMO if I have all my eggs in a row, then I won't need gold for trading because I will have everything I need.

The dude said that the harsh times may persist for a decade starting the next year. So if you play it safe, you should buy and stock up some 11,000 cans of food before the Christmas is over -- one for breakfast, one for lunch, and one for dinner.

How big is your garage?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stander
[moreNo garage. We have a shed that is being used with a lock on it.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
When you've got a million people all making predictions, one of them is bound to be right. I believe the expression goes, "even a broken clock is accurate twice a day."

Or, maybe he really knows his stuff. Who knows?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I still say we should eat the rich!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I don't know, I think (for what that is worth), that if you get enough people making predictions (and I have lost count on the number of people making them), that the roll of the dice will eventually fall and one of these predictions will come to pass.

That does not mean that particular person is a "prophet" or what have you, it just means that hay, they just happened to be the one who said the right thing at the right time.

Just like all of the end of the world scenarios (profits) going around. I think, one of these days, one of them will end up being right. I predict this will come to pass.

Now I am a prophet, because one of these days, someone will be right and I will have predicted this.

Also, I have never been one to watch the dow etc, but the two weeks before the bailout package was passed I kept an eye on it everyday. The day the bailout package was signed I moaned and groaned, felt angry that all the phone calls I and other had made,the fact that I even personally visited with my rep that the bill still passed.

That evening I "predicted" to my husband, that we would see the dow bounce around, drop to around 7000 hang out at around 8500 bounce back up etc. Which is exactly what has been taking place. So, does this make me a prophet?

Because if it does that is just soooo kewl, and do I get a cookie?

[edit on 21-10-2008 by amazed]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'll throw you a cookie AMAZED and believe what you predict! Shoot... Then when you are right you'll let me into your top secret cult of profits!!! *MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!*

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up
I'll throw you a cookie AMAZED and believe what you predict! Shoot... Then when you are right you'll let me into your top secret cult of profits!!! *MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!*

Ohhh, if you throw me a few thousand dollars I will let you into my top secret cult of prophets right now.

And I will add i will only expect contributions towards the cult...uhm...top secret prophet religion.... once every two weeks, unless i change my mind, and as I am the prophet, that is "the word of the prophet" and so therefore must come to pass. uhm, unless it does not come to pass, and then I will claim unknown information that interfered with my uhm...propheticizing (sp?).

[edit on 21-10-2008 by amazed because ima bad bad speller, which has nothing to do with my "profiteering" or with my "propheticizng"]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

It has already started: the silent run on the grocery stores.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bruxfain

Exactly what did you study in school? Obviously not economics, maybe Golf Turf Management or Art History right? Your dedicated homework skills and high marks have gotten you nowhere to understanding life outside the classroom apparently.
So if I understand your point of view: This guy on youtube and others like him have apparently caused the largest bankruptcy in US history (Lehman Bros.), collapses of massive commercial banks WaMu, Wachovia, etc. etc. Also he has caused the massive real economy contraction and ever increasing unemployment. He is also responsible for the impending collapse of 1 or quite possibly 2 of the Big 3 GM, Ford, Chrysler. Apparently the youtube guy is responsible for the insolvency of a growing number of US State govt's such as California and many local counties and cities. Again this youtube guy is also responsible for the failures and bankruptcies of countless Retailers such as Circuit City, Dillards, Comp USA, Sharper Image, etc, etc. Let's not forget all the restaurant chains he is respnsible for crushing too Bennigans, Bill Knaps, Roadhouse Grill, Steak & Ale, etc., etc.

By the way what is the weather like down there in Papua New Guinea?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
reply to post by Rockpuck

Very well said RockPuck!!
You summed everything up that I was trying to get across.

The guy isn't saying anything that we have not thought about at least once, and if we would put two and two together we could come to the same conclusion. I give credit where credit is due, and I think he deserves as well do you. Thanks!

Thanks.

I would bet my left arm this Christmas will be terrible in compartment to past Christmases and quite honestly.. it's looking pretty scary.

And in all respects I agree with the guy in the vid..

Notice however I never put numbers to stock markets..

While the DOW is an important measurement to our economy.. a Christmas bombshell may not hurt the DOW as severe as some would predict.

Right now the DOW collapsed mainly because of the 30 companies listed on the DOW Financials are almost all on the index.. so if most of the companies on the DOW don't crash, which they have not, but the likes of Citi, Alcoa, Chase, GE and Gm .. have all suffered rather terribly. While this will bring all stocks down due to the nature of the beast, it won't bring about a crash.

Even if Christmas fails..

Virizon will do good. Been to a virison store lately? Good lord.. worse then an Ikea..

Walmart will pick up all the cheap middle class American's looking for complete bargins.. McDonalds won't suffer? Johnson and Johnson are posting massive profits.. Walt Disney won't be to badly effected, it's not exactly peak tourist season and they make more money from their TV Channels and parks then plastic toys..

The point is.. the S&P500 at this point is the index to watch, more of the bigger retailers are on the S&P .. and while the DOW will drop, I doubt 2,300 will be seen.

It would be a Great Depression at that point.

Impossible? No, absolutely not it is quite possible. Probable? .. I don't think so.

Then again, I only guess.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

If the world becomes 'Mad Max Road Warrior' I would agree that gold would probably be worthless. However, short of a global nuclear holocaust, I do not beleive we are going to see a Mad Max world or USA. Therefore, the best hedge against the shorter term deflation we will see due to deleveraging (devaluation) of all assets, and the eventual inflation possibly hyperinflation (due to the massive increase in dollars due to the trillions in bailouts and current dollar devaluation and low interest rate) Gold is the most secure investment to retain value relative to currency. Also a secure currency such as the Swiss Franc and Yen will be good hedges. Therefore if you have a substantial amount of liquid assets it would be wise to be invested in Cash in a secure currency and Gold and Silver.

However, if your financial statement looks like 90% of Americans and you do not have a net worth of even $100k in liquid assets, than i would agree you are in no position to invest in Gold or Silver. You should invest in some sound basic survival essentials, food, water purifier, guns, ammo, meds, or if you're a renter pre-pay rent for a negotiated discount.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FX44rice
Therefore if you have a substantial amount of liquid assets it would be . . .

. . . no problem to survive the oncoming economic mayhem.

I agree and am prepared.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

Cans Stander, not bottles

The 401 Keg economics

You can recycle the aluminum in the cans for more $$$

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bruxfain

I have to agree with the previous comment. In general terms he is spotting the larger trends and as he says many of these things are predictable if you look at the larger picture. But he should brush up on his 'micro' view of economic affairs, especially if he's talking about specific economic phenomena.

This btw, is the collapse of the Bretton Woods 2 regime. What we see today is radically different than what existed post WWII during the original Bretton Woods system. The system of world financing, the source of real productive wealth is no longer coming from the US, but has been flowing to the US for over a decade. This is ultimately what the Bretton Woods regimes are meant to symbolize. To understand what might come next, it is fundamentally essential to understand what was.
www.rgemonitor.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I would bet my left arm this Christmas will be terrible in compartment to past Christmases and quite honestly.. it's looking pretty scary.

Most retailers rely on Christmas sales figures to keep in black -- that's not a secret. But the government economic indexes do not separate this season as a single parameter. The problem is that overwhelming number of analysts who advice investors do -- they know how to extract the figures. And so the Christmas season is a very good parameter showing what lies ahead. Since there are still so many home owners struggling with mortgages, don't expect that they forfeit the lovely tradition for a 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath.

Your suggestion to move temporarily Christmas to July is a radical solution to postpone "the exam," but the proposition will be very likely defeated by the conservative minds -- if I read your post right.
Did I?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I wanted to clear up some misconceptions I have read in this thread.

1. Gold or silver won't be worth anything in a SHTF Meltdown scenario. The only items having value will be weapons, ammo, food, batteries, etc.

2. Hoarding, or storing in bulk anything during martial law is illegal, and you will simply be made example of if you do so.

3. No doubt about it, finnancial collapse is right around the corner. It will happen, and has been planed for over a hundred years by the NWO, such that it will be used as a pretect for martial law, enabling the commander in chief virtually dictator like powers in this event.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
reply to post by stander

Cans Stander, not bottles

The 401 Keg economics

You can recycle the aluminum in the cans for more $$$

Thanks, but I have other plans.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join