It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real predictions!! dow will fall to 2300!!! proof also available.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by stonespiral

People like bruxfain can never be wrong. Thats not the path truth travels. First thing bruxfain does is ridicule, then he'll get angry, then he'll be on here yelling at everyone at how totally self evident this whole scenario is.

Bruxfain's mentality is the lifeblood of this economy. Basically if your tap still pours water, and your lightswitch provides instant light, then..... who gives a fig. With this kind of "complex" infrastructure babies will always be born and smiles can be had by all..

I look at the past years Airline scenario as a microcosm to the whole thing. The industry is so dependent on never ending growth every quarter that they will sell you a ticket the same day that they go bankrupt.

Bruxfain "uhhh, I bought a ticket this morning, there is NO way you're out of business. You had a ticket counter, salespeople, planes in the hanger and a whole host of other complexities running in your infrastructure yesterday!! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE.. I DEMAND MY MONEY BACK.."

....And that day will come for your tapwater, your lightswitches and all those other complexities that the "dumb kids from your school" left out of their eschatological predictions.

Peace.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by TheRealDonPedros]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Thank you for posting these videos. I quite enjoyed watching those. It's a quite welcome change to listening to those economy commentators on MSM, who all look, act and sound like robots. ( or maybe it's just me )

I very much agree with the hypotheses that we'll see the most problems after the holiday season shopping numbers come in. February 2009 will be interesting to say the least. I wonder how much the dollar will influence the euro seeing it is also backed up by nothing.

Kind regards

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
HAHA this is great. Keep on predicting soon or later one of you nuts will get something right. I love how people freak out about every little thing that happends. Most people on this web page have nothing going for them, so they hope something like this happends. Then if anything ever does happend they would be like I told you guys something was going to happend. hahaha Great post, keep up the hard work.

ATS is a great web page, it always make me laugh, ahhaha

xul

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD

The first video was from March of 2008. He predicted that the Dow would fall to around the 8000 point marker by September. He also said the S&P would see the 800's. He said all of this 6 months before it happened and even went as far as saying what the value of the Dow would be.

I've seen predictions from various economists YEARS ago about september/october 2008.
Really, nothing special here. Predicting this cycles is not so hard if you know the rules of the game.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

I read the article on Sorcha Faal as well, concerning the $516 Trillion derivatives market collapsing and the impact it will have on the world. I also saw another article estimating the value at $600 Trillion and one that quoted $1 Quadrillion.

So, the assertion is that a shadowy market space worth 10-20x annual global GDP exists and acts as a foundation for the entire world economy; more likely only 1/3 the world economy. The transactions made in this market are kept off the balance sheets of the counterparties, so it is impossible to verify the markets existence or determine the nature of the assets. Nevertheless, the authors of the articles must know something of the market, the counterparties who trade in the market and the types of assets traded and have determined that at a certain time an event will occur that will in turn cause the destruction of the world economy; more likely only 1/3 the world economy.

After I finished LMAO at the need for the authors of these articles to use ever increasing numbers to push the idea of utter hopelessness, I thought to myself what EVENT will occur that will trigger the performance clause of these derivatives and lead to the default of every agreement made in this market and subsequently lead to the shutdown of every economy on the planet; more likely only 1/3 the worlds economies.

I figure that if you can prepare, then so can the poor saps that are holding those transactions near, but not on, their balance sheets. Unfortunately, finding out which companies are holding them is impossible for me, so I can't really comment. But I will say that if you know about the existence of such a financial WMD, then so do investors in the known markets and the shadow markets, which are only alleged to exist, and these soon to be worthless assets have already been priced into the market. The financial markets are forward looking, always trying to beat the other guy to the punch.

As it is that story you're quoting is 1 one week old, in Wall Street time, it may as well have been written in Sumerian/Babylonian cuneiform. News like that doesnt' just sit around;

But I think the most likely event that will trigger the meltdown of the market, more likely only 1/3 the market, is the US Presidential election. It doesn't matter who wins I don't think, the enemies of this country need for the election not to happen at all, to survive; which can be assumed by other news floating around in cyberspace.

I am so confident this will be contained that I will not prepare at all for disaster. A little something for you to contemplate.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfain

I read the article on Sorcha Faal as well, concerning the $516 Trillion derivatives market collapsing and the impact it will have on the world. I also saw another article estimating the value at $600 Trillion and one that quoted $1 Quadrillion.

So, the assertion is that a shadowy market space worth 10-20x annual global GDP exists and acts as a foundation for the entire world economy; more likely only 1/3 the world economy. The transactions made in this market are kept off the balance sheets of the counterparties, so it is impossible to verify the markets existence or determine the nature of the assets. Nevertheless, the authors of the articles must know something of the market, the counterparties who trade in the market and the types of assets traded and have determined that at a certain time an event will occur that will in turn cause the destruction of the world economy; more likely only 1/3 the world economy.

Wow. Do you even know what an "off balance sheet item" is? Where do you get that derivatives are acting as a foundation for the world economy?

Man, you are so lost. I don't claim anything else being wrong or right except that single fact.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by atsjcavs88
HAHA this is great. Keep on predicting soon or later one of you nuts will get something right. I love how people freak out about every little thing that happends. Most people on this web page have nothing going for them, so they hope something like this happends. Then if anything ever does happend they would be like I told you guys something was going to happend. hahaha Great post, keep up the hard work.

ATS is a great web page, it always make me laugh, ahhaha

If you do not have anything constructive to add to the thread, then please don't bother posting. I am open to both the pros and the cons of the video, but if you feel that its not worth either effort then just move along.

Being new to ATS I guess your opinion on how we operate here should really be held in high regard

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by truthwillneverberevealed

Come on dude...there's a war going on outside. In war emotions are irrelevent. The case as I see it is this...All of those facts you put forward as being cause for America's imminent demise or the world's destruction or whatever it is that you think will be destroyed is nothing more than a cover for the enemy as they wage war against this system. The enemy had every intention of fighting this war because they are murderers, liars and thieves, all other topics are just pretext and cover.

When historians sit down and write about the last 8 years, we all know that they will not discuss the TRUTH, but will instead produce long winded explanations involving irrelevent topics, in this case...Its the economy or; Its America's decadence.

But what happens when the true nature of the enemy is uncovered; as it has been? I'll tell you the answer...the enemy will go down fighting. You start to see their weapons and their techniques; they become transparent and eventually unimpressive. Like the video and the author.

Despite your username, I assure you the true enemy has been exposed. Many in the world have been sitting back watching them play themselves for the last three years. Wave after wave, the world has endured the attacks and has survived; even the destruction of the financial system was brushed aside. Soon enough when all their money and ammunition and tricky little weapons are gone and they are left with nothing and utterly broken, the veil will be pulled back for everyone to see.

Its not about I can never be wrong, its about everyone can; including the guy that made the video.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FX44rice
reply to post by KaginD

Good thread post. I am amazed of the ignorance of some people that could compare this objective market/economic prediction/forecast to Blossom Goodchild. How unaware and clueless can they be?

This guys predictions are probably close to accurate, as many respected economists, financial heads, and Investors are stating similar outcomes. I beleive this youtube guy is listening to the guru's who have accurately been forecasting the market and economy for some time now. For any interested in listening to those who have been accurately predicting the market/economy I suggest looking them up, here some are:

Nouriel Roubini
Jim Rogers
Gerald Celente
Bob Chapman
Max Keiser
Joseph Stiglitz
Webster Tarpley
etc.
etc.

Thanks for posting the other people that have been accurate. I usually don't listen to stock predictions because we all know how crazy the market has been. You can pretty much draw a number from a hat and you could be right at this point. I don't want people thinking that I am saying this guy is the best, or that no one has ever predicted it before. I am just saying that he is someone that I personally found and thought his predictions were accurate enough to get some recognition for them. Thanks again for posting the other people. If anyone else has heard accurate predictions about the market, please feel free to post the links to them. A lot of people have said they heard predictions that were right also, so please share with the rest of us

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

I like the part where the dude predicts that the deep economic mess about to take place would take years or even a decade to clean up, and he advices the populace to stock up on food. He surely meant to buy can food. He wasn't specific about that, but he surely relied on the Americans being smart enough not to stock up on milk and bananas. Welcome to the Great Can Diet of 2009 - 2019.

But the most important advice how to prepare for the economic armageddon came in the end:

Follow the red line . . .

Here's Ron Paul talking economic doom. Before the doom arrives, what are you going to do?

BUY GOLD!
That's right.

Cut.
Gold2. Take one. Aaaaaand, ACTION!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Originally posted by leo123
The proof will only come once it has happened.

Then the thread title is misleading....

If you watched the first video that was put on youtube in March, he predicted where the Dow and the S&P would be by September. He was right. Thats 6 months prior to September. So, if he accurately predicted what would happen in September in March, then how is the thread misleading
Please watch the video before you comment on it.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

Yes, its common knowledge that gold will have a big hand if there is a depression. And yes, people that are Ron Paul supporters listen to what he has to say, he is another one that has been dead on about everything that is going on right now. He also used his knowledge to predict what we are going through right now. So, whats your point?? That this guy shares the same views as the man he wanted to win the presidency
Weird, I know.. Someone is actually basing their vote on who shares their views as opposed to what party they belong to

xul

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
LOL, please don't listen to this guy about buying gold or silver now, LOL.
You would be like 5-7 years too late.... unlike me

Oh, yes ...and my humble prediction: please remember this date: june, maybe july 2009.
It's when the real # starts... at least for the USA.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

Originally posted by KaginD
reply to post by N. Tesla

The first video was from March of 2008. He predicted that the Dow would fall to around the 8000 point marker by September. He also said the S&P would see the 800's. He said all of this 6 months before it happened and even went as far as saying what the value of the Dow would be. Thats proof that he knows what he is talking about IMO. Its not every day you hear someone call something that dead on.

But that's the problem. Videos can be faked with a false timestamp so easily. Anyone can come along after the fact and present a faked video stating "see I made the prediction months ago".

The video may well be genuine but the method presentation means it has to be treated with full skepticism.

Also note that there will be hundreds of video predictions out there that at least one of them is bound to cover what actually happened by sheer chance alone. So the proof of his ability is the predictions from this point on.

I also wrote in the OP that I saw the video a couple months ago and I didn't want to post it until it was verified as true. So...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CTrider

Originally posted by bruxfain

Wow. Do you even know what an "off balance sheet item" is? Where do you get that derivatives are acting as a foundation for the world economy?

Man, you are so lost. I don't claim anything else being wrong or right except that single fact.

As an answer to your 1st question...An "off balance sheet item" is an asset or liability that is owned by a corporation but not included on the balance sheet? If this is not correct and is something else they should really change the name, as it only causes confusion.

As an answer to your 2nd question... This is implied in the article entitled "$516 Trillion ‘Time Bomb’ Set To Destroy World Economy" by Sorcha Faal.

If a $516 Trillion derivatives market collapse CAN lead to the destruction of the global economy, it is implied that the global economy is subject to or sitting atop or somehow related to the derivatives market, which is set to explode. This ain't kindergarten, my man. Is this logical?

The person I responded to brought up the $516 Trillion derivatives market and all together we can come to the understanding concerning the assertion and its supporters that many publically traded US corporations are Party to derivatives transactions that originated in a shadowy parallel banking world and these transactions don't appear on the balance sheets of the above mentioned corporations, but do contribute to their overall health and value, thus the health and value of the world economy; so when the derivatives market collapses the value is destroyed and the corporations holding them decrease in value.

PS

I don't think the whole world economy is subject to these derivatives, but I estimate only 1/3.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by bruxfain]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Very well said RockPuck!!
You summed everything up that I was trying to get across.

The guy isn't saying anything that we have not thought about at least once, and if we would put two and two together we could come to the same conclusion. I give credit where credit is due, and I think he deserves as well do you. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Gold is just too heavy..Ho ho. Seriously. Nothing is set up to deal with it anyway. The way I see it is you are damned if you don't buy it damned if you do.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

I respectfully disagree. I think you're only damned if you do buy it.

Like you said, there are no measures in place to trade in gold, thus unless you can eat it, plant it, drink it, or seek shelter within it, you're pretty much only damned if you do, in my opinion.

AB1

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
alpha
I totally agree!
Or I might add defend yourself with it
BP

[edit on 10/21/2008 by BlackProjects]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone
reply to post by BlackProjects

I respectfully disagree. I think you're only damned if you do buy it.

Like you said, there are no measures in place to trade in gold, thus unless you can eat it, plant it, drink it, or seek shelter within it, you're pretty much only damned if you do, in my opinion.

AB1

Historically, Aphadude is correct . . . shiny beads and trinkets won't fill the belly when the chips are down.

Ever made a gold omlette . . . roast gold bar . . . fillet of ignot . . .

When turds hit the agitator, given the current economic status of most North Americans, gold ain't gonna mean doodly. If you have it, nobody's gonna trade their survivalist fare for it . . .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join