It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World record sandwich? Iranians eat evidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran failed Friday to register what it said would be the world's largest sandwich in the Guinness book of World Records after people rushed forward and began eating it -- before it was measured.

My God! What will these fundamentally hungry Iranians do next? Bum rush the soda fountain? Anyway, there is a conspiracy here thus in this forum. But first - check out the sandwich that got inhaled by the mob.

Event organizers had planned to stuff the 1,500-meter-long sandwich with 700 kg of ostrich meat and 700 kg of chicken, and display it in a park in the capital Tehran.

Mmmm. In lieu of the ostritch meat, it honestly doesn't suprise me what happend next.

But as the sandwich was being measured, chaos ensued. The giant snack was gone in minutes, a Reuters witness said, leaving the three Guinness representatives present with a dilemma.

And thus the conspiracy by those dodgy Iranians - who knows what they are capable of? Check out this "really believable" scenario - can anyone say video-manipulation?

One of the event's organizers said video footage of the sandwich would be sent to Guinness officials.

"We still think the sandwich will be recorded in the Guinness book because of all the evidence and footage that we will send them," Parvin Shariati said.

Riiiight. Nice try "Parvin". What, is that Marvin in Persian? And people wonder why we might go to war with these lunatics.

www.reuters.com...

ColoradoJens

[edit on 18-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

No mention of the crowd mobbing the sandwich.... lots of people, though!

1500 meters?? Pretty huge -- that's 0.932 miles.

At least they didn't skimp on the mustard.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Dang! You got the "supposed" video! Grainy and non-descript, this particular gigantic ostritch meat sandwich is so photo shopped I'm not even hungry looking at it. Could have been done anywhere - not convinced it was a world record.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Maybe if "Ahmadinnerjacket" would stop riling up the west, Iran's economy could get going again, and people could afford to eat better...so no rushing in for a free sandwich?

/end satirical bent

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
Grainy and non-descript, this particular gigantic ostritch meat sandwich is so photo shopped I'm not even hungry looking at it.

Yes I too detected quite a bit of 'tinfoil' in that video.

A warning to the faint of heart: be very careful about what you click-though when you search google for "tehran sandwich".

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Reply to IAN:

Yes I too detected quite a bit of 'tinfoil' in that video.

A warning to the faint of heart: be very careful about what you click-though when you search google for "tehran sandwich".

I googled "tehran sandwich" and I wish you had never mentioned it.
Also, I noticed the "hard evidence" video (thanks for posting - sorry I have not mentioned that) is from AlJazera. BIG suprise there being the only news service not to include the untimely end of said sandwich.

Thanks for the post - I needed the laugh tonight.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
[Insert Tongue in cheek]:

Those silly Iranians.......
Don't be fooled, my fellow ats'ers, by this footage...

There was no "sandwich"!

It was a hologram!!

And for all you saying "Well I saw videos of said sandwich, and people eating it, so I know there was a sandwich".......Pffffft. REALLY?

It's all manipulated footage by the Iranian branch of the MI6/CIA.

And plus, how would you REALLY know anyway. YOU WEREN'T THERE!

And did you see, George Bush's third cousin's wife's daughter's friend was in that clip guarding this "sandwich"....Hmmmmmmm

Deny ignorance, folks.. Really!!!

I am now forming a special group which I shall call the "No Sandwichers". We will be creating tons of boring youtube videos whilst eating Hot Pockets in our parent's basement that will break open this whole sandwich conspiracy....You just wait and see!

Will it cut the mustard?

BAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

(Sorry, I couldn't contain myself)

[Removing tongue from cheek]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Reply to Justme2

And did you see, George Bush's third cousin's wife's daughter's friend was in that clip guarding this "sandwich"....Hmmmmmmm

Best line so far. Now, back to the thread - a few things to consider.

1) Why no Guiness officials present to begin with?
2) The "woman holding baby discussing ostritch meat" shot could be the smoking gun. It is clearly shot in studio, the baby is a doll, and if you look close enough - yep! there's "her" mustache!
3) Obviously this has something to do with the Australians - ostritch meat in Iran? What are they getting at?
4) And the last, most difficult to prove but definately earth shattering fact to PROVE this is not the world record sandwich is...

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This is hilarious. I'm picturing one guy who created the sandwich explainging it, then one person grabs a handful followed by the whole crowd as the guy screams "NOOOOOOO!".

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

3) Obviously this has something to do with the Australians - ostritch meat in Iran? What are they getting at?

Perhaps you are confused with the emu, which we have here in Australia. Not a great deal of ostriches, which are native to Africa, if I'm not mistaken, but they're in the same birdy family. I am curious as to what they taste like, though. A nice ostrich schnitzel sandwich with lettuce, mayo and red onion.... a side of chips, perhaps.....mmmm.....

Great thread, btw OP. Best laugh I've had in a while.

[edit on 19/10/2008 by Batmanatee]

[edit on 19/10/2008 by Batmanatee]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Batmanatee

Really? No Australian Ostrich? Hmmm. What was i thinking? This changes a lot - I'll have to look into that angle further. The dude indeed does abide. Thanks!

ColoradoJens

[edit on 19-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Batmanatee

Really? No Australian Ostrich? Hmmm. What was i thinking?

Well.......You might be on to something......

Sources (don't ask.. Really.. Don't ask) tell me that aliens at an Aussie underground base are cross breeding Ostriches with Emu!!

Coinciding with a recent mass abduction of Ostriches from Iran !!!!

Nobody can explain the current decline in numbers of the Iranian Ostriches. Especially right before this sandwich was made.
MUST BE those wacky aliens.

Said something about an evil NWO experiment yadda yadda yadda, terror bird etc etc etc...

P.S. Nobody dare question me about above source, or I will leave an ALL CAPS rant and never ever EVER come back.

Ok I'll quit now...That's all out of my system. heheheh

(Disclaimer, I made all that stuff up.....A parody some may say)

And. Oh yeah.. Ostrich isn't really that bad. Kind of tastes like chicken!

[edit on 10/19/2008 by justme2]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
well from what I saw CLEARLY on that vid..........they had foot long hoagie like buns lined up next to each other.
THATS NOT ONE BIG SANDWICH AT ALL....!!!!

That clearly is MANY smaller sandwiches siting end to end so I think they totally DO NOT UNDERSTAND the idea, or even grasp the concept a of a giant sandwich anyway.....do we not ALL SEE the guys cutting open the buns in that lil vid?

Fun event for them all, but that was not ONE giant sandwich.....so it would not matter if the 'multiple sandwich lineup' HAD been 'officially measured' anyway thats not what they are claiming it is at all. No way that would work out for Guiness as they require the world record to actually BE what they claim it is and not just a fun facsimile of the claim.

I want to add that Ostriches is a red meat critter if you don't know that

[edit on 19-10-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by justme2

OK, you may say that you 'made that up', but I choose to believe you! Hail our alien-bred Emrich/Ostru overlords, praise to your pleasing chicken-like taste! I knew that whole 'flightless' thing was just to distract us from the fact that you FLY IN UFOS!!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
OK, you may say that you 'made that up', but I choose to believe you! Hail our alien-bred Emrich/Ostru overlords, praise to your pleasing chicken-like taste! I knew that whole 'flightless' thing was just to distract us from the fact that you FLY IN UFOS!!!!

You may have something there. I have been channeling this for a couple of hours now and here's what comes up"

IRAN/OSTRICH/UFOS/NUCLEARBOMB/MAYOSMEAREDMUSTACHE/SCREAMING MOB/INDIGESTION/ENDOFTIMES.

Don't know what it means but it was scrawled above my bed when I awoke this morning.

Clearly this all has something to do with what is going on in Iceland.

ColoradoJens

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Thought I'd ruminate on my Icelandic prediction. Also, I believe that this,

www.supersizedmeals.com...

is the biggest sando out there currently.

CJ

new topics

top topics

join