It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

"Game Over"!!!!!!!!

Pretty much, the scale of it all is too massive for just a few to control. In order for them to bring it back there has to be literally millions of people in on it. Unfortunately it also means Game Over for us, for a little while at least. Lets just hope they don't get their panties in a bunch over it and start lobbing nukes.

As far as 1694 is concerned, there would be a lot of records to look through and genealogy to trace back. To see if the top management is all related in some way and was a family secret. I don't think there intention was to rule the world at the time, but I have a feeling that it eventually evolved into that once technology hit its golden age. Suddenly the world became a lot smaller and other "interest" so to speak came into existence.

I'm sure the matter is more complex than any conspiracy theory has ever described it. After all not everything is a conspiracy sometimes the law of unintended consequences takes over and then they see opportunity that arise from that.

Like Thomas Jefferson said, "The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory."

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

A bomb has exploded behind a bank in Athens, damaging two cars but causing no injuries, police say. The explosion happened outside a branch of Citibank at 0300 (0100 GMT) in the Nea Ionia district of the capital. Police said the bomb was detonated from close by using electric cables. There was no claim of responsibility for it. Last month a large car bomb was defused outside another Citibank office in Athens, but no-one has claimed responsibility for that either.

source

Looks like the people are getting upset!!!!

And by the way, I love skittles and will never have any without thinking of where they come froim

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Silent 1 Trillion run on UK?

credit to the OP
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
real - BS? Tinfoil???

White House Confidential

2 memos between Obama and Emmanuel - allegedly... You decide

I do know it will probably be touched upon in tomorrows ticker from KD

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

I had put forth the earlier also...Worldwide ZIRP???

Come on now...how can every country in the world "throw" money at the masses and yet...we end up with this????

GET ME A BREAK!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Japan gloom deepens, U.S. urges coordination

"Ahead of the jobs report there had been rumors about a possible loss of 1 million jobs, but the result turned out to be basically in line with expectations," said a trader for a Japanese trust bank.

The dollar dipped against the yen and euro on Monday as investors trimmed safe-haven buying of the U.S. currency.

Asian share markets were mostly weaker, with Japan's Nikkei hurt by falls in the stocks of car makers, such as Honda Motor Co, due to fears about the fallout for the industry if struggling General Motors were to fail.

Japanese data on Monday revealed a record current account deficit, with the income surplus tumbling about a third from a year earlier, as the global recession crushed export demand and income from overseas investments.

AIG Told U.S. Failure Would Cripple World’s Banks, Money Funds

March 9 (Bloomberg) -- American International Group Inc. appealed for its fourth U.S. rescue by telling regulators the company’s collapse could cripple money-market funds, force European banks to raise capital, cause competing life insurers to fail and wipe out the taxpayers’ stake in the firm.

AIG needed immediate help from the Federal Reserve and Treasury to prevent a “catastrophic” collapse that would be worse for markets than the demise last year of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., according to a 21-page draft AIG presentation dated Feb. 26, labeled as “strictly confidential” and circulated among federal and state regulators.

“What happens to AIG has the potential to trigger a cascading set of further failures which cannot be stopped except by extraordinary means,’’ said the presentation by New York- based AIG. “Insurance is the oxygen of the free enterprise system. Without the promise of protection against life’s adversities, the fundamentals of capitalism are undermined.’’

Regulators revised AIG’s bailout last week to ease loan terms and extend $30 billion in fresh capital after the firm posted a $61.7 billion fourth-quarter loss, the worst in U.S. corporate history. Lawmakers are reluctant to give more support beyond the package already in place, worth about $160 billion, because they say regulators haven’t given enough detail about how the funds are being used or when the bailouts will end.

The Fed is “asking for an open-ended check’’ and is “not going to get” it, Senator Robert Menendez, a New Jersey Democrat, said last week in Congressional hearings.

Global Impact

AIG warned of turmoil around the globe if the government allowed the insurer to fail, adding “it is questionable whether the economy could tolerate another shock to the system that a failure of AIG would produce.” The value of the U.S. dollar might fall, Treasury borrowing costs could rise and the agency would face “doubts about the ability of the U.S. to support its banking system,” according to the presentation, parts of which were reported earlier by the New York Times.

Sounds more like threatening to me

[edit on 3/9/09 by redhatty]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
WOW , nothing but doom and gloom here

on a good note, I see McDonalds is bringing back the McRib

sry guys , i thought you needed a chuckle

[edit on 9-3-2009 by branty]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Attention: All are Negative unless othwise amended...

Shanghai Composite 2,155.856 1:47AM ET 37.151 (1.69%)
Hang Seng 11,711.30 1:48AM ET 210.22 (1.76%)
BSE 30 8,201.16 1:53AM ET 124.66 (1.50%)
Jakarta Composite 1,286.693 Mar 6 1.381 (0.11%)
Nikkei 225 7,146.44 1:43AM ET 26.66 (0.37%)
NZSE 50 2,469.174 12:31AM ET 1.866 (0.08%)
Straits Times 1,483.49 1:49AM ET 29.63 (1.96%)
Taiwan Weighted 4,628.24 1:44AM ET 25.39 (0.55%)
The only positive market:
Seoul Composite 1,071.51 1:44AM ET 16.48 (1.56%)
---
Gold $936.70
Oil $46.48
---

[edit on 3/9/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Those possible memo's, if real, are pretty telling.

They have to let AIG to fail. If you read the "memo's" they are wanting to do the same thing as AIG declaring chapter 11. Although that "manage" word they threw in there signals that they aren't going to give up control even after it is done. Once again if those memo's are real.

Then you have the article that you just posted which could be a possible indicator that the "memo's" could be real. If the memo's are real the devastation it would cause would be unprecedented.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Yeah kinda a messed up damned if you do - damned if you don't situation

The question is, if they fall, which country will get mad enough to strike back?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Lets hope its Iceland

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Which Countries? PLURAL...

I hope it dosen't come to that...

"come on ya'll we just all crawl into this liferaft and we'll all get through this when we land..." (not?)

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I can't even begin to have a clue which one it will be. If the Fed and banks would release who the receivers of the bailout funds were we could begin to have a clue. I have a feeling that it has to be somebody with a decent size military or even a close ally. I haven't a clue, but what I do know is that wars have been started for less.

Interesting times we do live in, indeed.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
NZSE 50 2,469.174 12:31AM ET -1.866 (-0.08%)
The "best" today...
Shanghai Composite 2,127.848 2:04AM ET -65.159 (-2.97%)
The worst today...
---
S&P 500 -1.00 686.80 3/9 2:03am
Fair Value 682.93 3/8 12:10am
Difference* +3.87

NASDAQ +1.25 1077.75 3/9 1:53am
Fair Value 1064.71 3/8 12:10am
Difference* +13.04

Dow Jones -1.00 6673.00 3/9 1:20am

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I dont think it will be any military, each country will be using there own military for riot control

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Futures had been holding steady then there was just a sharp dip @ 2:20 am est.

6661.00 -13.00

woohoo ::throws up horned fingers:: muhahaha!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by branty

I'm not so sure about that at this point, if those memo's are real that is what I'm basing this off of, it wouldn't be hard for the opposing governments to drum up anti-American sentiments by telling their citizens it is all of America's fault.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Latest recon is UK?/EU?

Overvalued euro set to plunge 'within months'
www.telegraph.co.uk...

See this for more data....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3/9/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

true my freind, that anger , like always will be thrusted toward any authority figure , the government of their own('how could you let the Americans do this to us')

new topics

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join