It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

Star 4 U!

I just went out and got a case of smokes here in Mi, before the tax hits tomorrow!!! (wish I was richer...)

Nice avatar...finally...a tepee???? Might work again in the near future!!!

[edit on 3/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

They are screwed either way, they still have to pay the pensions even if they do go into chapter 11. They are going to get wiped out either way.

The WH keeps saying, "Don't ever let a crisis go to waste", but that is exactly what they are doing they are turning a crisis into a catastrophe.

Considering how many people support Obama he could easily go on camera and tell them things have to wait till we get out of this, instead he is turning an already unsustainable government into a bigger more unsustainable government.

Between that abd all the bad news that we have gotten I'm surprised the markets are trading are as high as they are even with the manipulation.

When one of these companies goes under the shock waves are going to turn a crisis into a catastrophe.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Everyday we're closer to a dualee?...

A Bank Holiday & Market freeze...or whatever...

If "they" don't stop this in it's tracks soon...nuttin' to rescue...

BTW:
Active New Threads:

What strange abilities do you have?

The ability to watch the wealth of the world go to money heaven...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
When do the Asian Mkts open, and how can I track them? ( I know this was covered earlier in this thread but I cant find it)

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Elostone]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

New Zealand starts soon after DJIA closes weekdays...5 pm est sunday

Gold starts at 6 pm est in Australia

finance.yahoo.com...
www.bloomberg.com...
www.indexq.org...
multimedia-mirage.redirectme.net...

here's a start...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by redhatty

Now ya just know I'm cross-referencing these right?

...and backing that thread up on my HD...just in case...

I sure HOPE so

We need a backup, If I had an extra HD I'd be saving each and every site now, because they may "disappear" later

ETA:

Any of you all watch this dude? I'd post the video, but as he does use "colorful language" I will just post the link & you can check him out

Who says rednecks don't know what's happening in the world?

www.youtube.com...

and some more for your reading pleasure

Your last chance before all hell breaks loose!
by Martin D. Weiss, Ph.D. 03-08-09

Martin here with an urgent Sunday update before all hell breaks loose tomorrow.

Washington is in disarray, its grandiose plans scrambled by events, its new legislation virtually dead on arrival.

The economy is falling off the steepest cliff of the past century, gutting asset values, toppling the dominoes we’ve been warning you about for so many months — and rendering all government attempts at rescue sorrowfully impotent.

The stock market is in a free fall, no bottom in sight, with no force on Earth that could stop it from nose-diving to our medium-term target of 5000 on the Dow.

And yet, despite all this, it seems you missed our emergency briefing in which we carefully explain how to stop the bloodletting immediately — and start profiting immediately — in precisely THIS situation.

I think that’s unfortunate — especially with everything that’s happened just in the last few days. But you still have a few hours before the 1-hour video recording goes offline at midnight tonight. Just turn up your computer speakers and click here.

Plus,

If You’re Thinking It’s “Too Late”
To Do Anything About Your
Portfolio Now, Think Again.

Full article

[edit on 3/8/09 by redhatty]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Star 4 U!

The "Disappearing" part...already thought of that...if everything goes to hell...I'll still have all this data to read...if I can keep my generator/solar cells up..and there's still a internet...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
60 Minutes Segment: Your Bank Has Failed: What Happens Next?

Pretty interesting, new info for me in there...I never realized that even upper mgmt of a seized bank didn't know it was going to happen. I for some reason thought they were in on it and only the peons didn't know.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Been unfortunately glued to the tube all day, bad weather here. CNN, MSNBC, and yes FOX are getting dire. Could we see some, for the lay people, (myself included) on what these markets are screaming, ie. If there is even the risk of a bank holiday, why would you not go and remove all but the minimums from your accounts tonight or tomorrow. This acceleration is moving fast. Stock up before the meeting in London next week or before the G20? I don't want to wait for Master Blaster to run Barter Town.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Once again...here's my "comparison"...

...and the above posted link graph...
www.moneyandmarkets.com...

...and then...I figure we're ~1931 now...

Told ya...someones got my web-cam bugged!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
&dist=news]Repub lican senators say some big banks can fail
Reports: McCain, Shelby say government should allow lenders to go under

"Close them down, get them out of business. If they're dead, they ought to be buried," Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Ala., said on ABC's "This Week" program, according to reports.
"We bury the small banks. We've got to bury some big ones and send a strong message to the market," the top Republican on the banking committee reportedly said.
Shelby didn't specify any banks, but when asked about Citigroup Inc.he reportedly said the struggling financial giant has "always been a problem child."

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
&dist=news]Repub lican senators say some big banks can fail
Reports: McCain, Shelby say government should allow lenders to go under

"Close them down, get them out of business. If they're dead, they ought to be buried," Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Ala., said on ABC's "This Week" program, according to reports.
"We bury the small banks. We've got to bury some big ones and send a strong message to the market," the top Republican on the banking committee reportedly said.
Shelby didn't specify any banks, but when asked about Citigroup Inc.he reportedly said the struggling financial giant has "always been a problem child."

Is it just me that thinks this is common sense?
Take G.M. and such. If it goes under and there is a demand for cars, someone will start
up another company.
Supply and Demand..
If there is no demand, what purpose does the company have?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

The way it is going we are going to need a dualee to carry all the cash to the grocery store to buy a loaf of bread.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Star 4 U!

...for using my dualee? remark!!!

No funny , but, I'm past caring anymore...just in it for the "Magnum 2000" ride...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Once again Hang Seng is diving for the floor.

All Ordinaries 3,115.80 10:59PM ET Up 4.10 (0.13%)
Shanghai Composite 2,193.13 10:44PM ET Up 0.13 (0.01%)
Hang Seng 11,729.10 10:44PM ET Down 192.42 (1.61%)
BSE 30 8,325.82 Mar 6 0.00 (0.00%)
Jakarta Composite 1,286.69 Mar 6 Down 1.38 (0.11%)
KLSE Composite 869.24 Mar 5 Up 2.31 (0.27%)
Nikkei 225 7,115.19 10:30PM ET Down 57.91 (0.81%)
NZSE 50 2,463.29 10:35PM ET Down 7.75 (0.31%)
Straits Times 1,484.76 10:59PM ET Down 28.36 (1.87%)
Seoul Composite 1,053.31 10:39PM ET Down 1.72 (0.16%)
Taiwan Weighted 4,607.15 10:39PM ET Down 46.48 (1.00%)

GE Capital Hires Banks to Sell Government-Backed Debt (Update1)

By Patricia Kuo

March 9 (Bloomberg) -- General Electric Capital Corp., the finance arm of General Electric Co., hired five banks to manage a bond sale under the U.S. government’s Temporary Liquidity Guarantee Program.

Citigroup Inc., Credit Suisse Group AG, Goldman Sachs Group Inc., JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Morgan Stanley are arranging the sale, according to an e-mail sent to investors. Deutsche Bank AG, HSBC Holdings Plc and Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc are also helping with the “benchmark” issue.

The notes may be priced during the early part of this week, the e-mail shows. A benchmark bond sale typically means at least $500 million

[edit on 3/8/09 by redhatty]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Just a little lay off update...

Sun 3-8-2009

School Gets 700 Applicants For 1 Janitor Job

ArcelorMittal Idling Cleveland Plant -700

Brooksby Village -18

Jewish Community Federation -25

Stanford Financial -1,000

PA State Library Faces The Axe

[edit on 8-3-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I'm past the point of caring too, I've already said I'm going to be laughing as Rome burns. Yea it is sadistic, but there really isn't anything I can do about it.

I just hope I make it to see brighter days.

Life is good Life is short, but as Redhatty says life seems long when you're enslaved.

It is like every time there is a rally about to happen news comes out that makes it worse.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

star 4 U!

This is good stuff to contribute!! Keep it up...(Even a Borg has it's limitations!!!
)

I "hereby" delegate this task to you??? Want it???

You'll be ?? of ??? (borg terms...
)

@ Red:
Macquarie May Sell U.K. Infrastructure Properties to Pay Debt, Times Says
www.bloomberg.com...

Now...what's that say??? Selling UK Infrastructure?!?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Last Thursday (I think), I thought you people were making a joke about the Nikkei being on lunch.
Bloomberg shows the same thing right now.

Do they really shut down for lunch?

Sorry if this is a really stupid question..

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by spinkyboo

star 4 U!

This is good stuff to contribute!! Keep it up...(Even a Borg has it's limitations!!!
)

Thanks.

It's about all that I really can contribute -

I am in GREAT appreciation of you
and the others who are keeping this thread updated.

It's now the first place I come for my financial news.

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join