It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 722
<< 719  720  721    723  724  725 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I came to realized that Japan will become a radioactive waste land.

Now been the second largest country holding US debt, what is going to happen when they start to cash out for the reconstruction of whatever is left of the Island.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
They won't sell them.They will just use those TBills as collateral to get cash,That's great collateral. they won't dump them...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rancher1

While I agree with you, I wonder if a mass migration of their population to other countries will be cover with US holdings.

Remember no economy no money and Japan is at a stand still right now.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I came to realized that Japan will become a radioactive waste land.

Now been the second largest country holding US debt, what is going to happen when they start to cash out for the reconstruction of whatever is left of the Island.

www.marketwatch.com...

this guy says Japan, has so much money, that they will not need to sell our bonds..

The people that lead our country scare the hell outta me.

Now is the perfect time for Japan, to sell her bonds.
yet may not from political pressure from the USA, indeed.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

While I agree with you, I wonder if a mass migration of their population to other countries will be cover with US holdings.

Remember no economy no money and Japan is at a stand still right now.

Its obvious that Japan and the big boys are selling Gold Silver and Oil, If things get worse look for these commodities to drop a lot more... especially Gold they love selling that!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

I believe Japan does have a lot of money but all that money is link mostly to trading partners in the global economy,but when the economy goes to a stand still is not money generated.

I never trust politicians and their sugar coated lies, I seriously thing that Japan is in a very dangerous melt down and I don't only mean nuclear.

This will be felt all over the world, Japan is after all one of the top largest economies in the world.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I didn't even thought about that one, in the news now is that CNBC is betting Tokyo markets will be closet tomorrow, I thing the domino effect of Japan disaster have not hit the global economy yet.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
House passes spending bill amid GOP defections

A three-week stopgap bill to keep the government operating past Friday easily cleared the House but only after Democrats stepped in to help Republicans cope with scores of defections on their right.

The 271-158 vote Tuesday was a major warning sign for Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) who has prided himself on being able to control the flow of legislation but was suddenly vulnerable after losing 54 from his own ranks.

And now they are all happy that they've passed a budget extension bill... when in fact, there's no legislation to raise the debt ceiling or to help the cash flow... Congress, as fail as always.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

What do you expect, without extension of the budget the fed will not be able to keep spending money.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
here's a link with a potential gameplan for any of youse gold bugs

www.gracelandupdates.com...

to paraphrase: key weeks for gold lows are 3-14, 4-4 & 4-25, 5-2 and 5-23 thru 30th
then the big date of june 13 or 6-13 which is called a 'Strange Attractor' date
according to this authors article...

the positive Market Movers on that date will become the 'new flavor' for the next market cycle

look for gold to hit a consolidated base LOW on that date which will be the onset for a renewed
Bull Market in gold for the next 4.3 years

or if a gold hits a high at that date..., then expect an +8 year Bear in gold...
its all about the fractals of sovereign debt, and the collapse of said debt

thanks

edit on 16-3-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Vitchilo

What do you expect, without extension of the budget the fed will not be able to keep spending money.

Yep... and now... the end game is coming fast.

The yen is rising, all hell is breaking loose on the FOREX markets...

The US has only 57 billion $ left till reaching the debt ceiling... that's about 12 days... from March 15... so March 27 the debt ceiling could be reached...

And guess what... The congress is in holiday next week... and Obama is gone to South America.

So the debt ceiling could be reached and cause epic chaos on the markets monday March 28 while everyone just came back... and there's little chance they would pass an extension of the debt ceiling within the day...

Update : ZeroHedge says there's about 150 billion $ left on the credit card... so about good for another month or so. Early May then...
edit on 16-3-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
US Approaching Insolvency
The United States is on a fiscal path towards insolvency and policymakers are at a "tipping point," a Federal Reserve official said on Tuesday.
"If we continue down on the path on which the fiscal authorities put us, we will become insolvent, the question is when," Dallas Federal Reserve Bank President Richard Fisher said in a question and answer session after delivering a speech at the University of Frankfurt. "The short-term negotiations are very important, I look at this as a tipping point."
www.cnbc.com...

There is no coherent, logical reason in economic theory that we need a central bank fixing the price of loanable funds any more than we need someone fixing the price of other economic goods, like potatos.

The field of economics is overwhelmingly infested with corrupt shills, career pseudoscientists, and econometricists playing childish games with graphs and numbers, rather than honest theorists.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Well the stock market in Egypt just reopened... and cratered 10% within seconds and hit the circuit breakers.

Egypt Bourse Reopens Down 9.9% and Quickly Halts Trading

Egypt's stock market suspended trade Wednesday morning just moments after reopening as stocks fell 9.9 percent and circuit breakers halted trade.

Ain't that nice?
edit on 23-3-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
And Ireland...

Irish 10 Year Bonds Take Out Stops, Yield Surges Past 10% For First Time In History

Now that Europe is expected to keel over any minute, starting with the collapse of the Portuguese government, and proceeding right through the bankruptcy of Ireland, the market is starting to once again wake up. The first snooze button: Irish 10 Year bonds just passed above 10%, with numerous stops hit (see chart) for the first time in history.

I can smell the recovery... it's smell like dog turds.

And Portugal...

JPMorgan: "The Likelihood That The Portuguese Government Will Fall This Week Looks High"

The PIIGS are coming home flying.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Oil rising
Notice how its all positive, when a rise in oil raises lots other prices, and lowers everyone's spending money, etc.
Gold rising, copper rising
Hmmmm....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And Ireland...

Irish 10 Year Bonds Take Out Stops, Yield Surges Past 10% For First Time In History

Now that Europe is expected to keel over any minute, starting with the collapse of the Portuguese government, and proceeding right through the bankruptcy of Ireland, the market is starting to once again wake up. The first snooze button: Irish 10 Year bonds just passed above 10%, with numerous stops hit (see chart) for the first time in history.

I can smell the recovery... it's smell like dog turds.

And Portugal...

JPMorgan: "The Likelihood That The Portuguese Government Will Fall This Week Looks High"

The PIIGS are coming home flying.

Portuguese goverment just colapsied, dow up 67 points, nice. so when Spain falls im guess 200+ for DOW

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Tomorrow is gonna be interesting.

Also, the total debt, not just that subject to the ceiling, could pass the legal threshold as early as tomorrow (pro forma for settlement).

While NOBODY is watching this... and all focusing on Japan or Libya...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Technically we are approaching a double top with the February highs.
There was a shoulder at the Dow 13,000 mark back in 2008 that should keep the technically superstitious on tight loss stops.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Since when did the debt ceiling matter? They're just gonna raise it and then the problem is solved. Debt is really a non- issue. 14 trillion is the same as 100 quadrillion. It's impossible to pay back, so why worry about it? As long as the printing machines don't break down, its all good. Now go back to work and pay off your debts.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Rubio, MacGuiness, McConaghy have been advocating fiscal responsibility for years, it's the newer members of Congress that don't take the debt ceiling seriously. The public and investors can't be sure what will happen this time around, and anybody who knows can't post insider information because it would be illegal. The existing transparency does allow discussion of speculative opinions reached through logical deduction.

We need to listen in to the other channels.

For example

Obama's speech the other night that all but condemned military spending could have set the stage for an austerity program.

There are even rumors the Napalitano camp is working on some kind of false flag cover event.

top topics

<< 719  720  721    723  724  725 >>

join