It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 720
<< 717  718  719    721  722  723 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LanMan54

Is not going to be any war with China, because that will collapse the entire world's economy the big central banks will never let that happen, they rule the world.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
stocks overbought right now look for a correction. could have been today but i think it will expand for a few days. i dont like what im seeing past that. I see inflation kicking in hard in the next few months. we are just getting a teast of it right now but once it kicks into high gear they wont be able to hide it anymore.

ALL Major Countrys are printing money right now!

The US Mint sold more silver from Jan 3-13th 2011 then they did in 9 months in 2010!

God help us all!
edit on 13-1-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Welcome To Fiat Currency Hell

Fincancially speaking this could make a lot of sense.

China's economy is booming, and in the West, everyone from President Obama on down is demanding that the Chinese currency be allowed to rise in value. Now, it's possible for small investors in the U.S. to capitalize on this opportunity. The Bank of China's New York Branch announced this week that Americans will now be able to open FDIC-guaranteed accounts in the bank in a way that was never before permitted -- by converting their deposits into the Chinese currency, known officially as the renminbi and colloquially as the yuan.

srph.it...

However, I just can not bring my self to consider it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

What this means, is that if the Chinese economy collapse they will not force their citizens to pay for a bailout.

FDIC guarantees has shown in the last tow years that they are guarantee at the expenses of tax payer.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Two things...One is the links to the King World audio page...to listen to timely thoughts
concerning finances and economy and the long term dollar debasement...
i like Rick Santelli...who has branded himself the black-sheep of CNBC...

here's two links that use a windows MP3 stream to deliver the mostly 1 hr. talks/rants/etc

www.kingworldnews.com...
kingworldnews.com...:.html

Next...here's the FED sneaking one by us again.... another example of the FED balance sheet
never becoming bankrupt...as they pass along the negative earnings of soon to be obsoleted
intrest rate Treasuries onto the taxpayers....more accounting fraud... see this link:

www.marketoracle.co.uk...

Fed Accounting Rule Changes to Mask Losses
Interest-Rates / Central Banks
Jan 24, 2011 - 03:59 AM

By: Mike_Shedlock

Many people have taken notice of changes slipped into the Fed's balance sheet reporting rules that will allegedly shield the Fed from devastating losses. Please consider Accounting Tweak Could Save Fed From Losses

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
see that up tick correction in the market today..... what a joke. the whole thing is rigged

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Illinois about to be in big trouble. Yes, more than now.

Court strikes down state’s $31 billion capital program

SPRINGFIELD — In a blow to Gov. Quinn’s administration, an Illinois appeals court Wednesday tossed out the $31 billion construction program he crafted during his opening months in office in 2009.

In so doing, the three-member appeals panel also invalidated video poker, state lottery privatization, higher liquor taxes and other revenues that were put into place to support massive borrowing for the bricks-and-mortar program.

BOOM. 31 billion $ of taxes blown away. That's gonna be a big freaking problem.

And so it begins :
The Congressional Budget Office said Wednesday that Social Security will pay out $45 billion more in benefits this year than it will collect in payroll taxes, further straining the nation’s finances. The deficits will continue until the Social Security trust funds are eventually drained, in about 2037.

Yeah sure it's gonna be drained in 2037! HAHAHAHAHAA anyone believing this is retarded.
edit on 26-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Oh man the market took a dive!

Stocks Tank, Gold And Oil Explode Higher, And Chaos Rules: Here's What You Need To Know

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Burntheships, is that really you in your pic? If so, you're a cutie!

Anyway here's the latest maths on the US federal debt for January 31.

Current GDP (Q4 2010) : 14.660 trillion
Current debt (January 31 2011) : 14.131 trillion
Current debt ceiling : 14.294 trillion

Debt rate for the fiscal year : 520.2 billion/122 days : 4.26 billion/day
Debt rate for the year : 133.12 billion/31 days : 4.29 billion/day

Average of 4.28 billion/day...

163 billion left for debt ceiling : 38.08 days till debt ceiling
529 billion left till 100% of GDP : 123.59 days till 100% of GDP

Debt ceiling reached around March 10
100% of GDP reached around June 3

Should be interesting.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Are you people crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Markets are doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are out of the Economy chaos and at least somebody is making money, sadly is not any of us the regular joes in America

Wait for the job report, now a days it means no a darn thing for the markets. People can no find jobs but the markets are flourishing even in winter.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I get a kick out of Ben Bernake giving his little press conference.

he says, raise the debt ceiling now, because if we don't the usa could default on it's debt, which would be a catastrophe.

Except, doesn't that mean, if the debt ceiling is raised, it just adds more debt to the usa? So isn't his statement a complete contradiction?

How can they raise the debt ceiling, to create more debt, when it can already default on the debt it currently has?

That is like giving a person with their visa maxed out, a raise in credit limit, without them ever having to pay their bill....

I know that when I apply for a visa, or a credit limit raise, they look into my previous records and get see if I pay my bills, if they see that I cannot afford to pay the extra money I'm asking for, I get a nice DENIED stamp, and a swift kick in the ass out the door.

So.....How does this even work? How does anyone not see, that already can't pay what they owe? The average people see this..... But everyone else turns a blind eye....

Sooner or later, something has to give, and as the saying goes, the bigger they are, the harder they fall.....

So basically, raise the limit, prolong the inevitable. Don't raise the limit, default on debt, throws world economy into chaos and china takes the throne.

Why wait? How long can they possibly prolong it, when the GDP, can't sustain the debt?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

They have no choice and this is why, (even when the government is just adding more debt)

Pay China first

Under the legislation, proposed by Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) and Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH), China, not soldiers, Social Security recipients or American citizens would take precedence..

China is not the only beneficiary at the expense of the American people. The bill would require the U.S. Treasury to pay all foreign countries and financial institutions ahead of domestic investors, banks and citizens of America. China just happens to be by far the largest foreign holder of American debt.

"I intend to introduce legislation that would require the Treasury to make interest payments on our debt its first priority in the event that the debt ceiling is not raised," Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) wrote in a Friday Wall Street Journalop-ed, attempting to paint it as the fiscally prudent thing to do.

www.economyincrisis.org...

Actually due to the fact that our debtors wants guarantees because Americas debt is raising so high, now is going to be legislation that will delegate funds for our debtors first rather than the nations needs of its citizens

If this legislation passes China and any other debtor nation like Japan can force America to pay its debt regardless of Americas economic needs

Currently, the debt ceiling sits at $14.3 trillion. Lawmakers will be forced to vote on whether or not to raise the ceiling by March. If the statutory borrowing limit is not raised, it essentially means that the nation is in default. It will not be able to borrow any more money to make interest payments on debt or anything else.

China currently holds roughly $895 billion in U.S. debt, making it the third largest holder and by far the largest foreign holder of American debt. Japan is fourth with $877.2 billion.

U.S. Pension funds ($706.5 billion), mutual funds ($637.7 billion), state and local governments ($511.8 billion) and the Federal Reserve (roughly $5 trillion) would all be short-changed under the Republican plan.

Can you spell riots and protest all over the US making the European and middle easter nations along with Greece look like child's play.

Our military, retirees, SS recipients, welfare and pensions will be fighting the government.

edit on 4-2-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
What's happening in Egypt will happen in the US.

The revolution in Egypt started because of hyperinflation of food prices and people being sick of it.

Bernanke is in fact a great freedom fighter with his QE2!!

And KD is analyzing the new unemployment report... and it ain't good. With graph :

The employment rate posted a new low for the recessionary period - 57.6%, falling below the 57.8% registered in January of 2010.

On a month-by-month basis the number of actual employed people dropped by more than 1.5 million! That's a huge decrease and what's worse, the trend is awful, being unbroken now since the first of last year.

Remember, we need about +150,000 in actual employment just to keep up with new entrants into the workforce. We instead lost ten times that number of actual employed.

Basically hitting a new low in real people working... and going down FAST.... yeah recovery uh?

More nice charts :

Civilian Employment population ratio since 1940
edit on 4-2-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Since this thread was started on 10-17-2008

Gold as represented by the fund GLD is up 72.4%

S&P 500 as represented by SPY is up 48.9%

S&P 500 as represented by RSP (Equal Weight) is up 74.9%

Small cap stocks as represnted by IJR up 57.9%

Foreign stocks represented by CWI (E.W.) up 56.1%

20 year Us Bond as represented by TLT up 4.1%

and the winner is Silver as Represented by SLV up 198%

Looks like anyone who took some risk did well even if you missed out on silver(like me).

I will predict that by Dec 2012 US Equities will have taken over the top spot.

BTW: I have been wrong (very) on previous predictions regarding precious metals.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
stocks overbought right now look for a correction. could have been today but i think it will expand for a few days. i dont like what im seeing past that. I see inflation kicking in hard in the next few months. we are just getting a teast of it right now but once it kicks into high gear they wont be able to hide it anymore.

ALL Major Countrys are printing money right now!

The US Mint sold more silver from Jan 3-13th 2011 then they did in 9 months in 2010!

God help us all!

If we are going to some kind of metal backed currency then why in the heck is the Treasury a huge seller of metals. It makes no sense unless they plan to force folks to sell it back to them at much lower prices. I guess there is always a seller if the price is right.

As for the currency issue, there is simply not enough money in circulation to support most major economies. Money creation multiples have been cut at least in half over the last few years, sucking a good portion of the money supply into thin air. To get a money supply equilibrium, the Treasury will have to print in the neighborhood of $10 trillion. Loaning it into circulation by the fed simply won't work.

I have long proposed a housing solution that would also provide the needed liquidity to the economy. Treasury buys all home loans at par, refinances them at 70%, and ends up making $.35 on the dollar for a 30 year loan. The would not only free up much money for homeowners. the settling of the debts through the wall street infrastructure would create a huge amount of money looking for new investment. It wouldn't be long until our debt problems were put behind us.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
stock market is a joke. watch it get pushed in the positive just before the bell rings. When this baby crashes, its going to crash hard.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
we have a target mid term of 14168 ...just above while 12868 holds...then a good down move to turn away the bulls and bring the bearish outlook, then up big....this by way of dow theory plus...still have u s dollar decoupled from the equity market

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Why are canadians on CBC cheering and celebrating the rise of TSX to 14000?
www.cbc.ca...

If you make a comment about a global meltdown you will be attacked, and criticized

5 people disagreed with my view on the market stock in the comment section.

Comments by possible stock brokers

Wow. Alot of people are angry that the tsx gained back all the loses incurred during the global meltdown. sorry...no welfare state today folks.

Gosh, there's alot of left wing hippies commenting on these articles. Go capitalism, it's the only way to go. Read more: www.cbc.ca...#ixzz1EAz03YXI

I cant believe the idiotic of these people in the comment section at the news article, why are they cheering the TSX gains? dont they know the markets are manipulated?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Now this should hurt the Apple stock... which makes a big part of the stock market.

Steve Jobs reportedly 'close to terminal'

The Enquirer is reported to have interviewed critical-care physician Dr. Samuel Jacobson who viewed the photos and said the 6-foot-2 Jobs appeared "close to terminal."

"I would say he has six weeks," Jacobson said.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
And India's third biggest bank says BYE BYE to the US dollar...

Bank of India becomes first to offer trade settlement in yuan

BEIJING: Bank of India has become the first Indian bank to offer trade settlement facility between the rupee and the Chinese RMB from Hong Kong. This follows intense persuasion by the China Banking Regulatory Commission, which is trying to gain acceptance of the RMB as an international currency.

"We are the first Indian bank to offer real-time settlement facility in RMB to Indian exporters and importers. It will be save a lot of time because settlement in US dollars usually takes three working days," Arun Kumar Arora, BoI's chief executive in Hong Kong, said during a recent visit to meeting regulators in Beijing.

Indian buyers are at present making payments in US dollars, and they often have to convert rupee into the US currency for the purpose. The US dollars will no more be the intermediary currency as the BOI is offering direct settlement between the rupee and the Chinese money.

Chinese exporters want their money in the local currency, which is regarded as more stable compared to the US dollar. They are also in a position to have their way because Indian buyers do not have an alternative source of low-cost goods, sources said.

US dollar at 77.09...

new topics

top topics

<< 717  718  719    721  722  723 >>

join