It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 718
<< 715  716  717    719  720  721 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
What's a trillion or two here & there? -

Fed made $9 trillion in overnight loans

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
So the eur/usd bulls came out from hiding mid-week after the ECB bought a few spain/portugal bonds. Hey look! they're safe to buy!

Lotsa' speculation on what ol' Jean-Claude Trichet is gonna say here at the 13:30 GMT press conference.

Right in line with a little conspiracy, Gemany and France's exports seem to be doing a whole lot better than, say Ireland and Portugal eh?
Sneaky!

Why did Germany and France spook the euro?

Big day on the Dow yesterday, and today the US markets are looking to start higher as well.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
So it's been a long time since I posted here...

The FED showing who received money and how much they've given in collateral to the FED in exchange for that money shows how much they are bankrupt...

Graph of BAC

Graph of JPM

They are not worth 10% of what they claim to be... nice. Hopefully Wikileak documents blow them up...

The November US deficit is 147.7 billion $... only a 1.772 trillion deficit annualized!

And the US is gonna reach the debt ceiling around March 8... and 100% of GDP around July 9.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Let no forget that unemployment benefits are about to expired, it seems that now unemployment is been reaching its max quarterly, but the government is not going to tell that they are paying out in the negative.

But then again what will happen if the nation is left with not money to spend in the holidays and unemployed.

Still lets print money for every body else while killing the left over tax payer.

b]Wikileaks will be hanged, cut off at the head before it dares to damage what is left of Americas monopoly economy and the big banks.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Ahahahaha

urbansurvival.com...

Good comment from George Ure

Freddie Mac Suspends Evictions From December 20 to January 3, 2011

McLean, VA – Freddie Mac (OTC: FMCC) today announced it has ordered all evictions involving foreclosed occupied single family and 2-4 unit properties that had Freddie Mac mortgages to be suspended from December 20, 2010 to January 3, 2011.

"If the property is occupied, our foreclosure attorneys will suspend the eviction to provide a greater measure of certainty to families during the holidays," said Anthony Renzi, Executive Vice President of Single Family Portfolio Management at Freddie Mac.

Freddie Mac was established by Congress in 1970 to provide liquidity, stability and affordability to the nation's residential mortgage markets. Freddie Mac supports communities across the nation by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Over the years, Freddie Mac has made home possible for one in six homebuyers and more than five million renters.

Just makes you wanna belt out "Silent Night" don't it? No hangings on Memorial Day, too, notes a banker who reads...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Whoohoo. ONE good move by that bank won't counter-balance the millions of people they robbed.

Netflix Inc, F5 Networks Inc and Newfield Exploration Co will replace Office Depot Inc, The New York Times Co and Eastman Kodak Co in the S&P 500.

They are setting up the SP500 for a crash.

Netflix have a P/E of 72, F5 Network have a P/E of 74.... those P/E levels ARE A JOKE. And they are unsustainable.

When they crash, and they will, THEY WILL BRING DOWN EVERYONE WITH THEM through ``computer automatic selling``....

Insiders are not leaving the markets for nothing. THIS IS A SET UP.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
i'm holding short risk fx.....it's been telling on itself for two months i wonder what will happen in the super markets over the next six months

edit on 10-12-2010 by GBP/JPY because: gbp/jpy

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Somehow today the markets are up

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Somehow today the markets are up

The markets are on crack. Have been since 2007. And before that it was 1999-2000...

In other news, Wikileak ``reveals`` that the US is paying Ukraine and Russia to dismantle their missiles.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Oh boy this ain't good...

Grocery chain A&P files for bankruptcy protection

Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co. /quotes/comstock/13*!gap/quotes/nls/gap (GAP 0.93, -1.90, -67.10%) , known as A&P, announced Sunday in New Jersey that it has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in a move to facilitate its financial and operational restructuring. The grocery chain, which operates 395 stores in the U.S.

Ooops... Founded in 1859!

Supermarket News ranked A&P № 19 in the 2010 "Top 75 Food Retailers and Wholesalers" based on 2009 fiscal year estimated sales of $9.1 billion.[3] Based on 2009 revenue, A&P is the 34th largest retailer in the United States.[4]

9 billion... and 48 000 employees... booooooooooom

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This may be the longest I've seen this thread go without some discussion, probably just the holidays taking everyones focus. Heres some more information on JPM silver manipulation. The comments are highly interesting, reminding me of articles brought to my attention here on ATS about Africom and Obama possibly expanding US intervention into Africa. Ghana may be a target because it seems the economic hit men have failed to influence their leaders...
JP Morgue Whistleblowers Are Back

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Meanwhile I got attacked by rich people acting like they are so smart with 16 people disagreeing with me on CBC Comment section on this article.

www.cbc.ca...

You said it best OneFox2010. "Smart Rich People". There's a reason some people are rich. It's because they are smart. I'm trying very hard to be smarter. Are you going to get smarter or are you or are you just gonna bitch and complain like the rest of the common folk? Read more: www.cbc.ca...#ixzz19CEennCU

People still don't have Jobs, Funny Rich people coming on here telling everyone that everything is going to be fine, yet i don't see that happening. Next Year will be alot worse, even last year the markets were up because of the holiday season it happens. Maybe these smart rich folks here could explain where is the economy recovery? Read more: www.cbc.ca...#ixzz19CEjS8pQ

Once again CBC and media are posting Fake Good news on the holiday season week i am really not surprised and not surprised people again are buying into it.

edit on 26-12-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

China's PBOC's Christmas rate rise to weigh on commods at open
news.yahoo.com...

SINGAPORE (Reuters) – The surprise timing of the People's Bank of China (PBOC) increase in benchmark lending and deposit interest rates is likely to weigh on commodity markets when trading starts on Monday.

On Christmas Day, the PBOC raised rates by 25 basis points, the second rate rise in just over two months, part of a series of measures designed to combat inflation which hit a 28-month high of 5.1 percent in November.

The opportunity to cash in on prices at or near their highest in years before the year end could mean the correction this time may be greater than the losses following the last interest rate hike in October.

This should make for a interesting market open later...I thought I also saw Russia doing a rate hike as well?

Russia: rate hike for Christmas
edit on 12/26/2010 by Hx3_1963 because: Link Added

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Ireland Seizes Allied Irish, Fourth Bank Nationalized
www.bloomberg.com...

Ireland’s High Court said Allied Irish Banks Plc can be taken over by the government without shareholder approval as the lender became the fourth bank to fall under state control since 2008.

Finance Minister Brian Lenihan secured approval from the Dublin-based court today to inject 3.7 billion euros ($4.8 billion) into the lender by Dec. 31 and raise its stake to 92 percent from 19 percent, the Finance Ministry said in a statement. Allied Irish, Ireland’s largest company by market value in 2007, recorded its biggest share price drop in 22 months in Dublin trading. Valued at almost 21 billion euros at its peak, the bank’s market capitalization today was 347 million euros.

“We wouldn’t have had Allied Irish Banks on the 1st of January if this investment wasn’t made,” Lenihan said in an interview with Dublin-based broadcaster RTE Radio after the ruling.

...And how did I miss this???

Gotta love it...why the Irish didn't default is beyond me...they're Scroomed IMHO

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

U.S. stocks recover after China rate move, euro up

Despite the modest losses in some markets, many global share price indexes hover near two-year highs.

ca.reuters.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Rotten 5 yr Note auction today...Rick gave it a D LoL

Treasury sells $35 bln in 5-year debt at 2.149%
Bidders offer $2.61 for each $1 in 5-year notes
Indirect bidders buy 34.6% of 5-year notes
U.S. sells 5-yr debt at highest yield since April

10 yr & 30 yr tanking a bit now...

10 yr 3.481
CBOE 10-Year Treasury Yield Index

edit on 12/28/2010 by Hx3_1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
OMG take a look at silver right now! almost $31 an ounce right now and gaining. I spent all weekend buying up as much silver as i can. I see a dollar crash before june. June is when we hit our debt max. congrass will have to raise it and thats when moodys with down grade us. thats when the market crashes and we see the worse to come

good luck to everyone. this is a scary time and no one cares. we are to busy watching the NFL and dancing with the stars. so many familys are going to be blind sided its not even funny.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

It's a scary time and no one cares? You're right. Do you know why? Because it's been a scary time for the last decade and it never crashes. Whenever you see a dollar crash coming, instead of thinking doom and gloom, think bailout. They just print more money. Debt no longer matters. If the usa is 700 trillion in debt or 1 million in debt, it makes no difference. It's just a number at this point. It will crash when they want it to crash, and that's probably not for a long time, because there is no alternative right now. Stocks are off to a good start so far in 2011, Dow is up 1.5% and by the looks of things, is going to cross the 12,000 mark soon. They are talking about 2011 being a great year for hiring and job creation as well. The only downfall I see about it all, is the fact that oil is going up as well, going up fast, already 92$

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Ooo that's gonna hit hard...

German retail sales m/m came in at -2.4%, way weaker than the +1.0% expected.

Previous month was revised from 2.3% to 0.1%...

Trade Balance came in at 12.0B, weaker than the 15.5B expected.

And finally the recovery BS is exposed!

When you sell LESS STUFF in December than in November... yeah you're screwed.
And Germany is the biggest economy in the EU...

Not only that...

Unemployment in the US in DECEMBER increased...
Gallup Finds Unemployment Increased In December, Underemployment Is At 6 Month High, Blasts Government Data Fudging

And food riots have already started for 2011... in Algeria.

Wednesday's violence started after evening Muslim prayers. It came after price hikes for milk, sugar and flour in recent days, and amid simmering frustration that Algeria's abundant gas-and-oil resources have not translated into broader prosperity.

And great stuff from the Pauls :

edit on 7-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I noticed the Pauls were hitting too close to the truth so that interview got wrapped up rather quickly at the end.

top topics

<< 715  716  717    719  720  721 >>

join