It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 723
<< 720  721  722    724  725  726 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Since when did the debt ceiling matter? They're just gonna raise it and then the problem is solved. Debt is really a non- issue. 14 trillion is the same as 100 quadrillion. It's impossible to pay back, so why worry about it? As long as the printing machines don't break down, its all good. Now go back to work and pay off your debts.

Well I hope you are just trying to be funny, because we all know how that worked out for the Germans back in the 1920’s.

None of these actions address the root causes of inflation, and in fact, if discovered, tend to further undermine trust in the currency, causing further increases in inflation. Price controls will generally result in hoarding and extremely high demand for the controlled goods, resulting in shortages and disruptions of the supply chain. Products available to consumers may diminish or disappear as businesses no longer find it sufficiently profitable (or may be operating at a loss) to continue producing and/or distributing such goods, further exacerbating the problem.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
here's a comment by a recognized economist...which alludes to the possible 'June 2011' gold correction

here's the snip from the 1 page statement which addresses only the GDX (clink link to get the low down on the gold juniors GDXJ and the market/monetary situation in general:

Super Force Signals - A Leading Market Timing Service
We Take Every Trade Ourselves
Now is not the time to play games...
Morris Hubbartt
Weekly Market Update Excerpt
www.321gold.com...

GDX 6 Mth Chart

GDX Chart Analysis:

I just issued a fresh buy signal on GDX Mar. 28th. Look at the long tail on the identified candle from Wednesday’s trade. This candle is suggesting more upside for this move. When you get this type of candle configuration, particularly in gold stocks, it can spell higher prices for quite a few more trading sessions. It is a sector-wide phenomenon and very powerful.

As bullish as I am, this market could roll over after the current move higher is completed, opening the rocket door for final boarding. In a correction, the GDX $55.00 range is the best opportunity for heavy buys, if we get there. VBS (volume-based support) is sitting in that area for GDX.

My volume analysis of the current trading sessions indicates only one more buying opportunity, before take-off!

One year target: My SFS Gold Stock Ratio projects a $72 one year price target for GDX. Imagine what that means for some of your intermediate and senior gold stocks!

i'm tempted to do some smaller buys that is still below my $23.05 price of the Gains shares locked in last december 2010... but with a NAV @ $22.60 that's only a .45¢ arbitrage play...hardly worth the effort in a C-Note transaction...So, i will keep my wad of cash in hand until the anticipated 'June '11 correction'

where i hope that the price might be in the high teens instead of the low 20s....i shant be fear driven, Yet

thanks...hope this helps others in this thinking zone

edit on 2-4-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by murfdog

The root causes of inflation after WW2 were rather obviously an attempt to deflate disputable war debts.
In todays world economy it would be a disaster if countries tried to gain advantage by inflating their currencies.

That doesn't mean the elite bankers won't try something deceptive, we need to continue to watch the world trade scene closely for clues.

The US dollar has been soaring against the Yen due to the Japanese Tsunami, but printing more Yen to cover the losses is considered a justifiable response. I can't see even the G8 or G20 diplomatic members complaining about that. If there was a breakdown in G8 or G20 opinion would we even hear about it?

Essentially it would seem that if the global governing committees enforce their decisions, we should be watching for actions that tend to break rogue nations away from the herd. If you wax a little suspicious you might wonder if perhaps the current middle east problems were choreographed to create another short term oil price spike. Over the long term oil prices tend to stay lower when you have these temporary greed driven price bubbles. Best example to date was the inflation we had in the late 70's that put a cap on commodity prices for three decades.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

hola.

the june correction is tied to the period between Qe 2 ending and QE lite 2.0 or QE 3 beginning

if the fed tells us in the may minutes from the april 28 meeting that they will seamlessly transition to more bond buying so as to strenthen the recovery that has taken footing and they do so in a way that is north of 100B/month then assets can keep climbing....if they don't then assets will fall until they do. it's that simple.

qe 2 lite will be reinvestments from previous security's rolling over and that will total about 32B/month that is 1/4 or so of the current ponzi liquidity injections so that would = a big fall in assets as well. if that is all the fed does starting july 1 then markets tank at a pace which may somewhat dependent on what the fed says regarding future bond purchases i.e qe 3....4....etc... and wether they will "step in should conditions deteriorate".

so stocks oil food prices could tank actually as early as the fed shows their hand regarding what they will do when qe2 ends june 30. treasury's may see some flight to safety action as from stocks should qe 3 be delayed by fed. the fed WILL DO QE 3...the question is will there be a delay ...how long...and how clearly to they telegraph it

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
S&P putting us debt on negative watch is interesting timing.

the fed reserve is looking for some wiggle room for a more seamless transition to qe 3 when qe 2 runs out june 30.

they need falling commodity prices over the next month or two. the debt downgrade/watch will/should put downward pressure on dollar and upward on commodity's.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

A funny one... about COMEX being out of silver.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
In the last 16 hours, the US dollar has dropped by 1.2%

Ain't looking good for tomorrow FOMC speech...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Yeah, this is it. tomorrow will be the day that will go down in the history books. QE3 will happen and the USD will be droped like a bad habbit. depeged from oil and its all over from there.

solution is one world $ and the good book will finish out the rest of the story

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Yeah, this is it. tomorrow will be the day that will go down in the history books. QE3 will happen and the USD will be droped like a bad habbit. depeged from oil and its all over from there.

We'll see these banksters are pretty good at pulling things out of thier ass to prolong the onset of the major pain a little longer. However it can't go on forever. Frankly I sort of hope it does but I know I'll regret the misery and suffering it will bring.

edit on 26-4-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Well if it ends with Bernanke, Geithner, bunch of bankers and a bunch of senators/congressman who betrayed America, hanged, I say GO FOR IT.

The sooner the better.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

nah the dollar is gonna rally

QE 3 has zero political will to be tolerated at this point.

the fed will roll over existing maturing investments which will be enough to keep their balance sheet stable and somewhat of a lower floor under assets .....this will basically mean instead of the fed injecting 100/B month ....starting in july that number will drop to like 30B/month.....there is a bit of a risk thou.....margin debt is at a very high level and people are buying stocks on margin ......those people sell quickly at the idea of falling prices....so the markets for stocks and oil/food i believe will see a period where they go down 10-15% stocks 10-30% oil. this period could start as early as tommorrow

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It's either the stock market tanks several THOUSANDS points...

Or QE3.

Either way, it's not pretty.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Dollar index has to stay above 71 could take a few weeks to test that level again. The 2008 Dow low of 6469 times 2 is 12938 so there is still a little room.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
No QE3
Inflation still continues... Gold at 1,530+ Oil at 113+ ...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by time91
No QE3
Inflation still continues... Gold at 1,530+ Oil at 113+ ...

Bernanke is lying. If the deficits continue, which they will, he will do QE3.

Just looked it up again... support is 70.69. It goes below that... bye bye.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman

nah the dollar is gonna rally

QE 3 has zero political will to be tolerated at this point.

the fed will roll over existing maturing investments which will be enough to keep their balance sheet stable and somewhat of a lower floor under assets .....this will basically mean instead of the fed injecting 100/B month ....starting in july that number will drop to like 30B/month.....there is a bit of a risk thou.....margin debt is at a very high level and people are buying stocks on margin ......those people sell quickly at the idea of falling prices....so the markets for stocks and oil/food i believe will see a period where they go down 10-15% stocks 10-30% oil. this period could start as early as tommorrow

QE 3 will not be tolerated but it has to happen! who is going to by the bonds the feds are buying right now. (they are buy 80% of all bonds right now) No one. so if QE2 stops, bond rates go up and say bye bye.

Who is going to fill the hole the FED are in now? who will buy the bonds after QE2 is over? China? no, Japan, lol they have a destroyed country right now. Euro, hahaha there done for to. whos left?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Bernanke is lying.

Understatement of the day award nominee...

If the deficits continue, which they will, he will do QE3.

Probably, but inflation will continue and make the Fed look bad publicly, again...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by time91

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Bernanke is lying.

Understatement of the day award nominee...

Well thanks!

Dollar is continuing crashing... Now at 73.13!

In a month, it crashed 3.4 points! Or about 4.5%!! Devaluation of 4.5% IN A MONTH!! That's insane!

And in the last 9 days, it crashed 2.68 points, or 3.5%! In 9 days!! At this pace, the US dollar will reach the support level within 2 weeks.

Remember, if it goes below 70.69, there's no support after that... it's free fall.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yeah 70 may come soon i dont think the rest of the world bought in to the dog and pony show today

new topics

top topics

<< 720  721  722    724  725  726 >>

join