It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 724
<< 721  722  723    725  726  727 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Dollar is now sinking below 73... Will hit 72 any minute now...

Last was at 73.01...

And it has now sunk below 73! Now at 72.91 and going down fast!
edit on 27-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Last was at 73.01...

We are on the edge now! They could pull something out of thier ass but I can't see what it might be. Their bag of tricks is about empty at this point.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Last was at 73.01...

And when nothing happens later today, which it wont, how will you feel? And the day after that? And after that? This damn thread is so full of doom and gloom that never happens.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Last was at 73.01...

And when nothing happens later today, which it wont, how will you feel? And the day after that? And after that? This damn thread is so full of doom and gloom that never happens.

Ah nobody is predicting the exact time or day were just watching the numbers and reporting. Why are you reading this thread if you dislike it so much? And what will you say when the dollar crashes.? It can do nothing else it is a mathematical certainty and just a matter of time. Educate yourself.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Last was at 73.01...

Ah nobody is predicting the exact time or day were just watching the numbers and reporting. Why are you reading this thread if you dislike it so much? And what will you say when the dollar crashes.? It can do nothing else it is a mathematical certainty and just a matter of time. Educate yourself.

1. Because I love counting the predictions on this thread that claim " oh my god, the end of the dollar is tomorrow!". Last count was 107 of them going back 3 years.

2. Ill say, well, this is the ONE frigging thread that accurately predicted anything. Ok, someone predicted the japan quake. So ill say "gee, this is the second thread that had an accurate prediction since ATS was birthed.".

3. So those whom dont share the same opinion as yours are not educated on this matter? i disagree sir, or ma'am.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Last was at 73.01...

1. Because I love counting the predictions on this thread that claim " oh my god, the end of the dollar is tomorrow!". Last count was 107 of them going back 3 years.

2. Ill say, well, this is the ONE frigging thread that accurately predicted anything. Ok, someone predicted the japan quake. So ill say "gee, this is the second thread that had an accurate prediction since ATS was birthed.".

3. So those whom dont share the same opinion as yours are not educated on this matter? i disagree sir, or ma'am.

No one on this thread has predicted what day the dollar will crash. So you created a straw man then tried to ridicule it. And yes anyone who disagrees the dollar will crash is uneducated.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Max Kaiser keeping it real

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Last was at 73.01...

Still waiting for the dollar to crash......

But its going to tomorrow, right? Yeah.....

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Last was at 73.01...

Did I say it was going to collapse totally today?

No it's not going tomorrow, but Bernanke sure is doing everything he can to crash it.

And BTW, the dollar HAS CRASHED 10% since the year began. THIS IS FACT.
edit on 29-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Last was at 73.01...

Did I say it was going to collapse totally today?

No it's not going tomorrow, but Bernanke sure is doing everything he can to crash it.

And BTW, the dollar HAS CRASHED 10% since the year began. THIS IS FACT.
edit on 29-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Listen, i totally understand what people are saying on this thread. The problem I have with it is that every day someone is crying that "this is it!" when in fact, we are still here. I can still get bread for 75 cents at wal mart. Mcdonalds dollar menu is still there. Yes, gas prices are awful, and yes there is inflation....but the fearmongering on this thread is a freaking joke.

Im not referring to you specifically by the way...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Listen, i totally understand what people are saying on this thread. The problem I have with it is that every day someone is crying that "this is it!" when in fact, we are still here. I can still get bread for 75 cents at wal mart. Mcdonalds dollar menu is still there. Yes, gas prices are awful, and yes there is inflation....but the fearmongering on this thread is a freaking joke.

No you don't because no one is doing anything you keep complaining about. No one is saying "this is it" There is no fear mongering just discussion on the reality of what is happening on the markets. You keep setting up these straw men that have nothing to do with this thread and then complaining about them. You should just quit reading the the thread because it is not doing anything you claim it is.

OH and PS if you are eating at McDonalds and 75 cent Wal mart bread that could explain a lot about your thought process. Not much nutritional value there, weevils can't even survive on that cheap bread.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

...Lorimer Wilson writes:

There are a number of different ways to look at what has been happening with the price of gold and silver of late and to anticipate what is next in store for this precious metal. One of the most unique ways of assessing past, present and future movement is by taking a look at the "Three Peaks and the Domed House" and "Bump and Run" chart pattern. Indeed, the "Three Peaks" pattern suggests that gold has peaked and will now decline by 17% to $1,290 per ozt. in June. Let me explain...

www.marketoracle.co.uk...

shall i remind those now interested in buying Gold on the dip

that i have been voicing the Gold price decline since the end of Feb & throughout March & April that a big sell off= buying opportunity would present itself in June of this year 2011.

here's another indicator that June will be the low... but to hedge a sudden recovery in Gold price i'm busy buying in smaller sums as Gold drops daily..to get a dollar-cost-average on the way down to the unknown 'bottom'
hope the astute among youse are investing in PM now in the May-June window of opportunity.
the killing of OBL has not changed the factors of either AQ/terrorism/financial destruction/elitist market manipulations/destruction of the USD as a world reserve currency & a Petro-Dollar...
the fraud & swindles continue to spiral out of control, but we are getting a space of time to breathe in concerning commodity prices skyrocketing beyond reason... whew !

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Ok,

Thought I'd pop in here and see what's happening. Only checked the last few pages but is this turning into a doom 'n gloom thread? Hope not.

Got a thread dedicated to silver here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A lot of our discussions are a back and forth between the merits of physical and paper and the daily market trends along with some "Gut Instincts", but it seems to be a pretty good info source on both sides.

I don't want to go thru this entire thread so if some can fill me in on the general direction it's heading, I would truly be grateful.

Thanks and Happy Investing!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
what trigerd todays crazyness

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
what trigerd todays crazyness

Dollar up=Metals, Oil, and Dow down

www.marketwatch.com...
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) — The U.S. dollar rose by the most since January against the euro and pared losses versus the Japanese yen Thursday, after European Central Bank President Jean-Claude Trichet omitted the kind of comments that traders were expecting to indicate another rate hike forthcoming for the euro zone.

www.marketwatch.com...
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) — Gold and silver futures extended their selloff Thursday as the main U.S. metals exchange announced two increases in trading requirements for silver.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

it was fueled by the UNWINDING of leveraged long positions tied into the risk free QE trade. Bernanke let it be known there will be a period starting june 30 when qe ends. players are stampeding to exits before next guy does.

this psychology coupled with the dollar making a short term bottom made the opporunity for these long positions to take profits and run now many are running for exits. and it is feeding on itself.

margin debt is high .....profit taking is ripe....and panic selling /chaos is possible

but the fed's pomo machine gun still has plenty of ammo....funny thing would be if investment banks/ primary dealers took fed pomo cash and instead of bidding up assets like they have....would be if they shorted assets with that cash......lol
edit on 5-5-2011 by cpdaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

so do you think the USD will keep rising untill QE3 is anounced?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
no i dont think so...but it's possible. a euro debt crisis in the midst of no official annoncement of qe 3 could cause a more formidable lasting month or so dollar rally....feeding on it'self

howeer the dollar could face resistance mid month and then break lower again below 73.... there is still time before june 30 and send oil prices higher again.

more likely i think it(dollar) put in a short term bottom and i think oil will continue to fall......like silver toward it's 200 day average over next week.

but in these markets who the f knows whos behind the curtain.
edit on 5-5-2011 by cpdaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Latest numbers...

Current GDP : 15.006 trillion
Current debt : 14.325 trillion
Current debt limit : 14.294 trillion

Current rate of debt growth for 2011 : 2.9 billion/day

234 days till 100% debt to GDP ratio is reached.

234 days from may 9 : December 29 2011

Time to reach the debt limit : already broken.

Of course those calculations are false since the REAL GDP is nowhere near 15 trillion and the debt growth is higher than that...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

IDK I think the ASilver and gold market is to powerful to be knocked down to its 200 DMA. I think we are going to see the USD rise up to June 30th and silver will stay in the $34-$40 Range.

If silver drops below $30 i know a bunch of people that will be jumping in buying it as low as possible. Its just to powerful of a movement right now.

Right now my sector of work is at the braking point. we were able to hold off this depression for the last 3 years but i fear we only have a few more months of holding on. I know when we go there is going to be alot of other that will be falling with us. Good luck to you all

top topics

<< 721  722  723    725  726  727 >>

join