It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 727
<< 724  725  726    728  729  730 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
You know if there becomes a SERIOUS THREAT OF A military COUP in greece. then europe will prepare for a greek default............and the euro will TANK.

The tanking euro will send investors into the dollar safe haven and find a buyer for treasury's. Otherwise treasury's will rise significantly and really need a tanking stock market to find a bid.

With 2'nd quarter window dressing by money managers in full effect this week stocks....like amazon netflix apple are all soaring so money managers can show their clients just how well they've done.

don't be suprised to see stocks fall ....bond yield's rise.........after qe 2 ends UNLESS greece defaults. And the only real reason i see them defaulting is via military coup b/c even if they don't pass the austerity package the first time just like tarp they will keep voting till they do.

but the treasury market is losing a HUGE BUYER of bonds and i haven't really seen a nice write up of how much equity's would need to tank to find enough buying power to replace the Fed. The u.s.a really would need foreign central banks to buy up treasury's and i actually think they will because their economies are dependent on ours being solvent as well.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Its starting because the death line is tomorrow when the fed will stop the worthless toilet paper printing and force the government to change its spending habits, but hey that is when congress will raise the debt ceiling and I will love to see what country will step in to buy the debt.

I got the feeling that we are to make history when China and Japan will turn their backs on us. After all they are now getting into the business to start buying independent states I mean debt in the US thanks to the newest Obama opportunity to open the door with Utah to host first U.S.-China Governors Forum .

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
ISM Manufacturing Report Jumps To 55.3, Beats Expectations OF 53.5 As Reverse Decoupling Thesis Is Now In Play

Manufacturing goes up, which of course in the MSM will be played as GOOD...if you do not factor this in :

GM Channel Stuffing Hits Record As Dealer Inventory Surges In June To All Time High 605,000 Units

The inventories are not being sold... they continue to grow... meaning they aren't selling SQUAT...

And the interest rates on the bonds are skyrocketing...

Epic Bond Rout Leads To Biggest Weekly Percentage Surge In 5 Year Yield In History

Biggest in HISTORY... yet... of course. I bet we gonna see new records.

T-Minus Two Months Until The $500 Billion Rolling Debt Ticking Timebomb Goes Off

Enter the always forgotten maturing debt argument. And as a just released presentation by the Bipartisan Policy Center titled "Debt Limit Analysis" reminds us, aside from the actual deficit funding math, which is that in August there is a $134.3 billion cash shortfall that has to be funded with debt, there is a far greater risk. Or, put numerically, 467.4 billion risks. This is the amount of debt that matures through August 31, and has to be rolled over or the US is bankrupt... in every sense of the word.

This is gonna be fun.

It's already fun for 44.7 million Americans...
Record 44.7 Million People Celebrate Geithner's Departure And The End Of QE2 Through Foodstamps

QE3... or raise the debt ceiling... or epic stuff will happen.
Of course raising the debt ceiling or doing QE3 will just DELAY things for a while...

And when I read the ``liberal`` forums, I still see that most of them believe that there's a recovery... Democrats are no better than republicans who believed anything Bush told them...
edit on 1-7-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Yeah manufacturing us up whoo hoo... Oh wait they can't sell any of it cause the people are broke, out of work, losing thier homes, and depressed while banskters live it up give themselves bonuses after being bailed out time and again or they would be out of business. I say that is a recipe for massive civil unrest if it continues much longer...

So where did they get the money to increase thier manufacturing? Loans, hmmmmm?

edit on 1-7-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

So where did they get the money to increase thier manufacturing? Loans, hmmmmm?

Hmmmmmmmm yes.
And they won't be able to pay them back since they aren't selling anything.

But even funnier than that..

If investors chose not to purchase a sufficient volume of new Treasury securities, the United States would be required to pay the principal on maturing debt, and not merely the interest, out of available cash. Yet the Treasury would be unable to make these principal payments without the continued confidence of market participants willing to buy new Treasury securities.

Basically if no one comes to buy US treasuries, they will have to pay the FULL AMOUNT of the matured debt... which of course they don't have the money for... since trillions will mature in the next year or so.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

But even funnier than that..

If investors chose not to purchase a sufficient volume of new Treasury securities, the United States would be required to pay the principal on maturing debt, and not merely the interest, out of available cash. Yet the Treasury would be unable to make these principal payments without the continued confidence of market participants willing to buy new Treasury securities.

Basically if no one comes to buy US treasuries, they will have to pay the FULL AMOUNT of the matured debt... which of course they don't have the money for... since trillions will mature in the next year or so.

That right there will be the day of reckoning. You know they will not be able to resist raising the debt ceiling eventually. And no one will buy those bonds. Good bet when that happens it will all collapse!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

That right there will be the day of reckoning. You know they will not be able to resist raising the debt ceiling eventually. And no one will buy those bonds. Good bet when that happens it will all collapse!

Ya... even if they DID raise the debt ceiling... how much will they actually raise it... if they don't raise it enough, with everything that must be paid and debt maturing, they could be forced to raise it before the election... which could bring to a default because of political pressure forcing both camps on their positions, even if they are fake...

U.S. government publicly discusses the once ‘unthinkable’ idea of a financial default

A Democratic official said Thursday that the real deadline for reaching agreement is mid-July. That’s because congressional leaders need a week or two to finalize the details and line up votes.

Shall be interesting. I'm still convinced the republicans are gonna be little wimps and are gonna give in.

I hope they don't. Enough with this whole ponzi scheme, collapse it already.
edit on 1-7-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

You know if there becomes a SERIOUS THREAT OF A military COUP in greece. then europe will prepare for a greek default............and the euro will TANK.

I think that Greece will accept the next stage of austerity this time.. imo, it won't be until this next round is exhausted and the next installment is due that we will see the real crisis in Greece unfold. The amount they are being given for this round should last them approximately a year. Probably less considering the economy is only degrading there. I seriously think the thing that will push Greece over the edge will not be austerity but reforms in how taxes are collected. Right now it's very easy to cheat on your taxes in Greece (not just Greece many Euro countries) one thing the IMF wants is better tax collection.

but the treasury market is losing a HUGE BUYER of bonds and i haven't really seen a nice write up of how much equity's would need to tank to find enough buying power to replace the Fed.

Since the Fed started Quantitative Easing it seems they made a redundant circle that the Fed can't escape from. Even if the debt ceiling is raised and we continue to borrow, the Fed buys to large a percentage of the debt to stop. Practically guarantees round 3 of QE. Either way it's a disaster for the middle class.. already in the past 12 months we've seen 12% inflation just in food costs alone, at this rate QE, Defaults, whatever .. in a few years we will all be standing in soup lines.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I'm still convinced the republicans are gonna be little wimps and are gonna give in.

You hit the nail on the head. they will cave and think they are continuing the status quo. But no matter what they do it will not save anything. It might prolong the collapse a little longer but they are fast approaching the proverbial rock and hard place. They are damned of they do and damned if they don't. I am with you though it will be painful lets get it over with so we can start rebuilding and ridding ourselves of these crooks in congress and their benefactors the banksters.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
it is said that the Chinese are buying up € = Euros with their stash of $ = USD

that info might influence just how one conducts their personal finance-investing

i expect that the Northern € will be what the Chinese are expecting to come out on top,
while the EU culls about 6 of the southern members from their economic/political union

there's also rumor...call it sensible foresight~ that the new, northern € will have a 25% Gold asset component

restructure is the overall gestalt... scan the current www.theinternationalforecaster.com... weekly newsletter

thanks,

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The Scary Deficit Numbers, Once Interest Rates Start to Climb

The average rate of interest the Fed has had to pay to borrow for the last two decades has been 5.7 percent. However, President Obama is projecting the cost of money at only 2.5 percent.

A return to the normal Fed rate would, by 2020, add $4.9 trillion to the cumulative deficit, says Lindsey, more than twice the $2 trillion in savings being discussed in Joe Biden's debt-ceiling deal.

Second, Obama is estimating growth in 2012, 2013 and 2014 at 4, 4.5 and 4.1 percent. But the normal rate for a mature economy recovering from recession is 2.5 percent.

Hence, if we return to a normal rate of growth, rather than rise to Obama's projected rate, says Lindsey, that would add $700 billion to the deficit over the next three years and $4 trillion by 2020.

Taken together, a U.S. return to a normal rate of growth of 2.5 percent, higher than today, and a normal rate of interest for the Fed could add as much as $9 trillion to the deficits between now and 2020.

And that is if there is growth (which there isn't right now)... and if rates stay below 5.7%... which they will likely go higher than that.

So people will still focus on the debt ceiling... while ignoring the ``real`` problems...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
EUR/USD rallied, and now has stumbled back down as the NY markets got involved
Bernanke speaks at 10:00

10:00: Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke delivers his semi-annual monetary policy report to the House of Representatives. We expect Bernanke to 1) reiterate disappointment with the pace of growth and particularly the state of the labor market, 2) explain why most Fed officials still believe, as we do, that growth will improve in the second half, but 3) probably stop short of enumerating specific easing options should conditions deteriorate further (although these are likely to be addressed in the question and answer session following the testimony). He will also likely urge Congress to resolve the debt ceiling impasse as soon as possible.

Todays Economic Data

Silver and god are up big.

Former Goldman Sachs Trader Positive for Gold/Silver

"The Pan Asia Gold Exchange is going to send shockwaves through the mechanisms for the price discovery for both gold and silver. It's backed by China's state administration for foreign exchange and also the Chinese security regulatory commision. But the biggest bombshell is the offer of an RMB gold contracts for international investors.

"This is concrete evidence that China plans to bring the Remninbi to the world stage. It's going to provide access to a much more physical market and I know it's going to attract a lot of the world's precious metal business, providing much more of the Chinese and the international customers an alternative platform on which they can buy and sell buy and sell physical gold and silver.

"Now the first contract is actually going alive this month and its a 10-ounce gold mini-contract for the domestic Chinese retail market, which really until now has been restricted to physical purchases, so this domestic contract should be fully operational this month.

"It's going to have a major impact on the demand side of precious metals equation. Especially as there are 320 million customers of Ag bank of China, who going to be plugged into this exchange platform from the off... If just 1% of their customers bought a single 10-oz contract, that would require new physical demand of 1,000 tons.

"Now this is welcome competition. And it should improve price discovery and dilute the effect of short side concentration."

Link

edit on 13-7-2011 by stephinrazin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

yup sold half my aga at 20 and change and held on to the rest ...(which will likely take a loss) bought at 15.75 and 16.50$

the chineese buying euro's really provided support for EUR/USD and with that equity's commodity's ....etc. almost like a arm of the fed.

but if you step back everyone is pretty much lined up to boost asset prices. the fed...the chineese....i mean i told myself ...christian ...don't fight the fed & the chineese....the asset crash you thought was coming may not....the eur/usd may not break down to 1.25 (thanks china
)

THE INTERESTING THING NOW is are the MULTI national corporation and GLOBALISM as a whole willing to take down the US soverign debt ratings (via moody's S &P) and for what benefit .....surely not to just keep the eur/usd from capitulating to par when euro zone default occurs is it. I mean what would happen to the BRICS if euro/usd traded at par....because that is the growth engine for globalism.

THE STOCK MArket is NOW a barometer of GLOBALISM more so than a reflection of the U.S economy. The u.s indices are really a reflection of multi nationals and bric growth the Globalism economy. so i mean i'm trying to figure out WTF is going on with our debt downgrade that S&P says is 50 -50 ...who benefits....or how does globalism and big industry benefit.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think they're just flailing around for the most part. Don't want to look stupid for missing it AGAIN and don't want to face the truth either.

Watching the latest Schiff video I think he made a good point by saying that we are already defaulting by pinning everything on a raised debt ceiling. In effect we're telling our potential lenders that if they don't extend us more credit, then we're not going to pay what we've already borrowed. Be like me calling the credit card company and telling them to raise my credit limit or I can't afford to pay them anymore. Guess how that would end.

Of course at the end of the day they'll vote themselves an increase and have the Fed kite more checks. But that game has reached some hard limits and won't help much. Thus the hyperinflationary outlook that I've had from the beginning.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised too see the EU buy up USA's debt.
Then the EURO and the USD both fail conclusively;

Thus ushering in a (nwo?) Western Union currency.
..And so the East/West divide gets bigger still

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I DONT BELIEVE TPTB WILL ALLOW THE MARKETS TO FALL. I EXPECT NEW ALL TIME HIGHS SHORTLY.

7/26/2011 - EUR/USD EURO FUTURES
THE VULCAN REPORT
Review of E-MINI EURO (US@EEC.1)
as of Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Today's Price Action

Change 0.0145 (1.01%) prices closed higher than they opened. with strong Bids going into the close.

MARKET SENTIMENT

PulseScan Swing Vix

PulseScan: 25.65
Swing Vix: 20.64

The Market Pulse is positive since it is trading above its zero signal line.The PulseScan crossed above the Swing Vix creating a UP Trend Channel as of 7 period(s) ago. The Swing Vix is not currently in a topping (above 39) or bottoming (below -39) range.
A buy or sell signal is generated when the Swing Vix moves out of an overbought/oversold area.

*The last signal was a Over-Bought Sell 32 period(s) Ago.
The Swing Vix has just reached its highest value in the last 14 period(s). This is bullish.

*Since the last Swing Vix signal, E-MINI EURO's price has increased 2.53% , and has ranged from a high of 1.4502 to a low of 1.3989.

MOMENTUM

MARKET TREND - Currently the TREND is - Neutral within the Bearish KUMO Consolidation cloud(Possible Trend Reversal) with Upside Bullish Breakout risk. A close below 1.4347 is needed to re-establish the downward trend. However a close above 1.4444 will establish a new upward trendWARNING Possible Bearish-Retracement - (The TenkanSen has crossed above the KijunSen TODAY!").

TREND STRENGTH - T/K BREAKOUT,

TRENDLINE RETRACEMENT
The close is currently Above it's PulseWave Cycle TRENDLINE RETRACEMENT. - 1.3715
The close is currently Above it's Long Term TRENDLINE RETRACEMENT. - 1.3904
The close is currently Above it's Intermediate Term TRENDLINE RETRACEMENT. - 1.4256
The close is currently Above it's Short Term TRENDLINE RETRACEMENT. - 1.4263

INTRADAY PRICE PROJECTIONS
RESISTANCE 1.4510
SUPPORT 1.4328

WEEKLY PULSE WAVE PRICE PROJECTIONS
PulseWave BreakOut RESISTANCE - 1.4255
PulseWave BreakOut SUPPORT - 1.3925

VOLATILITY
On 7/26/2011, E-MINI EURO closed
below the upper band by 16.1%.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Thursday, July 28, 2011
7/28/2011 - GOLD FUTURES
THE VULCAN REPORT
Review of $1XAU/USD - GOLD Spot (XAU USD)
as of Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Today's Price Action

Change -5.9000 (-0.36%) prices closed lower than they opened. with weak Bids going into the close.

MARKET SENTIMENT

PulseScan Swing Vix

PulseScan: 40.51
Swing Vix: 40.77

The Market Pulse is positive since it is trading above its zero signal line.The PulseScan crossed below the Swing Vix creating a DOWN Trend Channel as of 0 period(s) ago. This means that negative momentum has entered the market. Expect sideways to lower prices within the next 3-5 days
A buy or sell signal is generated when the Swing Vix moves out of an overbought/oversold area.

*The last signal was a Over-Bought Sell 36 period(s) Ago.
The Swing Vix does not currently show any Failure Swings.The Swing Vix and price are not diverging.

*Since the last Swing Vix signal, $1XAU/USD - GOLD Spot's price has been unchanged, and has ranged from a high of 1,631.20 to a low of 1,611.00.

MOMENTUM

MARKET TREND - Currently the TREND is VERY-BULLISH - Heavy Accumulation.

TREND STRENGTH - STRONG - Bullish Trend,,BULLISH MOMENTUM,

TRENDLINE RETRACEMENT
The close is currently Above it's PulseWave Cycle TRENDLINE RETRACEMENT. - 1,402.85
The close is currently Above it's Long Term TRENDLINE RETRACEMENT. - 1,408.19

INTRADAY PRICE PROJECTIONS
RESISTANCE 1,632.21
SUPPORT 1,609.99

WEEKLY PULSE WAVE PRICE PROJECTIONS
PulseWave BreakOut RESISTANCE - 1,610.70
PulseWave BreakOut SUPPORT - 1,581.10

MONTHLY PRICE PROJECTIONS
BULL MARKET UPTREND - (12-18mo) PRICE TARGET = 2,087.89
Long term Trend Line resistance is currently at - 1,631.20
Long term Trend Line support is currently at - 1,402.85

MONTHLY PRICE PROJECTIONS
BUBBLE PHASE 3 - (72mo+) (TULIP CRAZE CRASH IMMANENT) PRICE TARGET = 3,457.96
BUBBLE PHASE 2 - (42-60mo) (MARKET FRENZY BUYING) PRICE TARGET = 3,001.27
BUBBLE PHASE I - (24-36mo) PRICE TARGET = 2,544.58

VOLATILITY
On 7/27/2011, $1XAU/USD - GOLD Spot closed
below the upper band by 20.7%.
This combined with the steep uptrend suggests that the upward trend in prices has a good chance of continuing. However, a short-term pull-back inside the bands is likely.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
jobless claims came in lower but last weeks numbers have been revised upward. the games continue in the govt numbers. im sure next week will be revised upward for this week. markets shaking off the news as it suspects next week we will get a correction basically saying "sike" we fooled you there are no jobs.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pulsescan72

Good to see you on ATS Dex, Do you think a collapse of the US dollar is just round the corner? or are they gona keep the balancing act going?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys
reply to post by pulsescan72

Good to see you on ATS Dex, Do you think a collapse of the US dollar is just round the corner? or are they gona keep the balancing act going?

You gotta give TPTB credit it is truly amazing how long they can keep the balancing act going. But like every circus act it must end at some point.

new topics

top topics

<< 724  725  726    728  729  730 >>

join