It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 682
<< 679  680  681    683  684  685 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Ouch, rough open.

Looks like Hungary is the newest European nation on the chopping block.

www.bloomberg.com...

Payrolls are much worse than expected: 41,000 .. estimates were expecting 500,000.

Also some newer interesting numbers from last month. Last month there was a surge in "manufacturing and service" jobs, with a total 431,000 gain.

Turns out..

Payrolls rose by 431,000 last month, including a 411,000 jump in government hiring of temporary workers for the 2010 census, Labor Department figures in Washington showed today

The numbers were completely effed up.. recalculated numbers show Government was by far the largest hirer.. and this was probably the single largest Government job increase in one month since the New Deal.

Economists projected a 536,000 gain, according to the median forecast in a Bloomberg News survey.

We should be at around 115,000-125,000 growth in jobs to be considered Average.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Wait for the first Hurricane that forms from the gulf of Mexico we all in the southern states will be rained oil and toxins from the solvents.

And then watch for the underwater currents get that oil out into the Atlantic.

Florida will become a casualty of greed, corruption and oil.

They will need to start taxing citizens more to recoup from the billion dollar loses they will be getting.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Still deceptions, we have hardly any meaningful manufacturing jobs to support middle class and service jobs accounts for the biggest increase but also adds to welfare and food stamp recipients in the nation.

I wonder how those last figures will add to deficit.

More jobs more social service recipients.

My son just move in with his girlfriend and for the first time she sign up for Medicaid and food stamps.

So yes life is peachy, you got a job, to make the government look good, but you make the welfare look bad

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
With all of this stimulus, we are getting no real improvement. And, we will not.
Not until the economy is thoroughly laid to waste.

Dr. Paul Craig Roberts is not an alarmist, but this interview is alarming.

www.globalresearch.ca...

There are too many people to blame...in a way we are all at fault. Some carry more blame than others, but that doesn't matter anymore. Only the future matters.
Americans that CAN work, NEED to work, and they need to conserve, put themselves on a diet so that they can put groceries away for a rainy day. The storm clouds are building, the warning signs are there.
Teach your children to be productive, and to keep the fruits of their productivity whenever possible. This is not business as usual, though it may still feel that way to YOU. The collapse is gradually spreading like a flooding creek where the water just KEEPS rising while onlookers are making bets on how much will be destroyed by the flood.
There is nothing you can do about the flood, but plenty you can do to prepare.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Euro 1.2103

Expecting to go below 1.2 ????

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

President Barack Obama said on Friday the gain of 431,000 jobs in May is a sign the U.S. economy is getting stronger

liar!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Euro 1.1993

Dow -2.52%

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Well the euro is now down to 1.19 and not looking good. I wonder how long till the federal banks step in to drive it back up? Or if at this point in the game they can anymore.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Mexico opens California office to provide ID for illegals

The Mexican government is opening a satellite consular office on Catalina Island -- a small resort off the California coast with a history of drug smuggling and human trafficking -- to provide the island's illegal Mexican immigrants with identification cards, The Washington Examiner has learned.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Ugh!

1:15pm UPDATE:

Mexican government officials have moved their satellite consular office from the Catalina Island Country Club to a Catholic Church – citing protection under the Geneva Convention.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by DangerDeath]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
you know whats funny or maybe it isnt funny but.. they still havent figured out what caused the "flash crash" DOW is at -272.90 and steadily falling..

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
oo boy shes down -320.89... yeah obama, the economy sure is recovering...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Quite a drop today. The market is just wild lately... down 300 one day, up 200 the next, back and forth. It's out of control! How long until it crashes and burns again do you think?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DantesPeak

So much for the canadian job rate, i guess the markets aren't buying it.

Why should be good to you if everything its bad to me while let bad be TO everyone else on earth !

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

We're still doing well here in Canada actually. All of my friends are employed anyway. I was laid off back when the market crashed in 2008, but I went back to school and have a job again now. We're not exempt from the looming crash by any means, but we're far better off than the US or Europe.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
-347 and falling quickly now....

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DantesPeak

We're still doing well here in Canada actually. All of my friends are employed anyway. I was laid off back when the market crashed in 2008, but I went back to school and have a job again now. We're not exempt from the looming crash by any means, but we're far better off than the US or Europe.

Dont to be sure of yourself, here in toronto 10.1 % of people are unemployed, feels like eupore, not all of canada is doing great, and these new jobs are just for show, if you know The G20/G7 leaders are coming to toronto.

So of course they have to have something positive for them and if i may ask what kind of job do you do? and your friends?

The next crash is sure about the happen.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

haha well, I work in the hospital as do a couple other friends, one is a teacher, a few more work for the department of education.. one at the liquor store, one at Telus. So yeah, I guess they're mostly government jobs, which is why we're all employed lol.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Dow 9,931.22 -324.06 (-3.16%)
S&P 500 1,064.88 -37.95 (-3.44%)
Nasdaq 2,219.17 -83.86 (-3.64%)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

But hay… Obama says we are on the road to recovery and it never goes in a strait line. The market cant be down over 300 points. I think that wall street is just full of a bunch of haters who cant see that all we need is just more government jobs that are paid for an ever shrinking privet sector economy. I mean come on folks cant you see the logic behind all this crazy ..ahhh .. I mean targeted spending from Washington.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I normaly just pop in to warn the gamblers that the house always wins no matter if they think the black 29 is warn a little more than any of the reds but i can see they are quite today.

So not only has the quantitive easying money gone but they are talking about paying some back but it's a bit like going back to work after a heart attack.

Can we not just employ more censors works in the USA and more pen pushers in the UK and just keep printing money or something.

Europes black jack table looks a bit empty and the roulet table has a few players so lets get a few to move over to the black jack table else everyone will go home.

yeah i realy like these economic experts they keep putting on TV and wonder why we had no warnings two days before we went into near meltdown in 2008, just love em.

During the economic boom wages stayed stagnant unless you was a banker so now they must be going into reverse which is realy not good for the UK's inland revenue because the tax rate declines the less you earn and they are not going to risk upsettng the public so they will be forced to inflate the money supply whilst saying inflation is zero percent so my money is on a period of hyper inflation and Bp shares will hit £999.99 each so the gamblers will be convinced they are winning again.

Time to sober up gentalmen, pay your bar bill and look for the exit before the fighting breaks out.

top topics

<< 679  680  681    683  684  685 >>

join