It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 679
<< 676  677  678    680  681  682 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Europe is starting to implode

Spanish Voters Will Force The Government To Dissolve Before Major Austerity Measures Can Be Passed, French Budget Minister: Keeping Our AAA Rating Will Be A "Stretch"

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
______beforeitsnews/story/52/097/THE_LOOMING_FINANCIAL_HOLOCAUST_-_is_closer_than_we_thought.html
THE LOOMING FINANCIAL HOLOCAUST - is closer than we thought

lots of charts and what not, anyone who knows this stuff should have a look at it and interpret it for us non-stock market folk

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hendry: 'I Would Recommend You Panic'

In this widely watched BBC video, Hugh Hendry of hedge fund Eclectica Management recommends the world panic over the ongoing European debt crisis and then the group debates whether perpetual bailouts and a much longer slowdown are preferable to a real purging of the system and a much shorter recession that would also see major reforms.

At about the 3 minute mark, you’ll hear Hendry call for the system to be purged,

Let’s take on a recession. It’s going to be tough. People are going to lose their jobs. They’re going to lose their jobs anyway. We can spread this over 20 years or we can get rid of it over 3 years.

I'm pretty sure he won't be on CNBC anytime soon!

France warns on credit rating

France admitted on Sunday that keeping its top-notch credit rating would be "a stretch" without some tough budget decisions, following German hints that Berlin may resort to raising taxes to help bring down its deficit.

Euro zone trade unions are preparing for possible confrontations in the coming week if governments impose austerity measures or labor reforms unilaterally.

Good luck to do that. Unions are really strong, especially in France.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
FTSE down sharply; BP plunges as "top kill" fails

BP down 15.3% so far this morning with crude oil in general getting hit.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Well well well, rumors today that France and Italy will be downgraded. If it happens, kiss goodbye to the euro.

Italy CDS are already up big time.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Weren't you just touting the Euro a few pages ago how it was going to go back to 1.42 or something?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Don't worry Vitchilo US, Canada, Germany and the UK will come back with another Euro bailout to patch the problem

Like the last trillion they did. . .

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Of course I was. It's either it goes back up to 1.42 or it'll die shortly. Have you not seen my thread about the last week-end of the euro?

Anyway Bilderberg is this week, so we might get more information on what they are planning for the euro.

Eurozone jobless rate hits record high
Ooops.

Anyway, even if the economy recovers, in Canada we are screwed because of health care is about to be bankrupt and the pensions are bankrupt. So I don't really care.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Right

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Of course I was. It's either it goes back up to 1.42 or it'll die shortly. Have you not seen my thread about the last week-end of the euro?

Anyway Bilderberg is this week, so we might get more information on what they are planning for the euro.

Eurozone jobless rate hits record high
Ooops.

Anyway, even if the economy recovers, in Canada we are screwed because of health care is about to be bankrupt and the pensions are bankrupt. So I don't really care.

Bilderberg is the megaphone of the PTB Central Comity

I can hardly wait to hear what "leaks" from the Very Top... Another oil well goes boom!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Euro to Go Under $1.20 'Almost Certainly': Gartman

Well let see if this prediction comes to fruition.

The euro will drop even further against the dollar because Europe's problems will not be easy to solve, Dennis Gartman, author of "the Gartman Letter," told CNBC Tuesday.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Well Canada is getting tired of losing money, so they are to raise Interest rates and will be the first country to do so after the economic crisis.

Canada Hikes Interest Rate, First in G7 to Do So

The Bank of Canada gave no guarantee it would continue hiking its overnight target rate, which it had kept at an emergency low of 0.25 percent since April 2009, saying the European debt crisis and uneven global recovery clouded its confidence in a sustained recovery.

"Given the considerable uncertainty surrounding the outlook, any further reduction of monetary stimulus would have to be weighed carefully against domestic and global economic developments," the central bank said in a statement.

Will the US follow on this one?

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

And boom I just lost money.

Thanks a lot BANK OF CANADA.

SCREW YOU. WHY THE HELL ARE YOU RISING INTEREST RATES?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I guess they are finding out that keeping their interest lower is not helping the nation at all.

Is not like the US that look what keeping those interest lower is doing to our own economy.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

This has been expected and well publicized before today. Why..? Maybe you guys are seeing inflation or something etc..? But really no one in the USA cares so I couldn't tell you (or I don't at least).. no offense.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

We should keep them low.

We have absolutely no inflation and a strong dollar. Why mess with liquidity like that after what we have learned in the past (early 1900's).

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Will the BP woes damage UK economy? I mean the only reason UK is afloat is because the oil they generate around the world as they do not have any oil in their soil.

So I wonder if the downfall of the BP with the oil spill in the gulf that is now causing problems in the Euro zone will cause economic problems in the UK.

BP sparks new downturn for European shares

London's FTSE was 2.1% lower at 5,080.71 points. In Paris, the main Cac index lost 2.2% to 3,430.78 points.

Frankfurt's Dax index was 2% lower at 5,844.68 points and the Spanish Ibex lost 3.2% to 9,065 points.

BP's share price fell dramatically following its latest failure to stem the oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico.

But investor confidence was also hit by negative economic data out of Europe.

The eurozone reported its highest rate of unemployment since the adoption of the single currency.

I wonder . . .

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Well, remember we are inflating our debt, then we have a mammoth HCR coming our way that is going to cost money, we has become a nation of service jobs and welfare people, how can we keep living this way without imploding eventually with the weight of the debt.

And yes I know we have oil and we can back our dollar with it, but look what happen to Dubai, is to the point that they have indebted their oil futures so much that no longer hold any future.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Oh jeez come on.

These are not good reasons for the Fed Funds Rate to increase. These are just random events. We do not need to raise our prime rate. There is no reason and we shouldn't until our dollar starts to get weak (if it does in the next year even).

Big Ben is loving this. It is making him look like a genius, and IMO he is. Laugh all you want, but it is the truth. He knows when and when not to open his mouth. That is all that counts.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

He's a genius because the whole world is imploding financially and therefore people are running to the US treasuries bills and US dollar because that's what they teach at EVERY UNIVERSITY in economics that if you want your money safe, you must buy US dollars and treasuries bonds?

He maybe an EVIL genius but that's about it.

If he had any integrity he wouldn't have bailed out AIG and all those crooks.

Hewlett-Packard is cutting 9,000 jobs - AP

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Vitchilo]

top topics

<< 676  677  678    680  681  682 >>

join