It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 681
<< 678  679  680    682  683  684 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Bailout or takeover, that is the question...

Billions more wiped from BP's value as shares plunge on oil spill failures

"Given the collapse in the share price and the potential for it to fall further, we expect that it could become a takeover target – particularly if its operating position in the US becomes untenable."

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
More than 40m now use food stamps

Recipients of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program subsidies for food purchases totaled 40.2 million, up 21 percent from a year earlier and 1.2 percent more than in February, the Department of Agriculture said yesterday in a statement on its website. The number of recipients has set records for 16 straight months.

www.boston.com...

[edit on 3-6-2010 by DangerDeath]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
George Ure has an interesting piece:

Killer Headlines

What's also interesting about markets being at key inflection points, was summarized a few years back by astro-econ whiz Robert Hitt. He made the incredibly sage observation that when markets are at most delicate inflation points, particularly to the downside, we tend to see mass murder stories and other assaults on our emotions. He said something like "These events are how emotions that might otherwise pour into the market are (something like 'grounded out")".

I've been watching the phenomena ever since - and this was pre-Virginia Tech...and lo & behold out of the UK comes the story about a fellow who killed 12 people and founded another 25 in a shooting spree for no particular reason.

What's really frightening is that it seems to work. If you click over here and see what the British markets did, you can almost smell the manipulation around events. Tuesday, early in the trading session, there were serious lows, which had they broken would have taken out last Thursday's lows and that would have opened the way to a much larger downside break in the British markets.

For more, see:

urbansurvival.com...

[edit on 3-6-2010 by DangerDeath]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Another pointless job data released by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
claiming that job number went from 9.3 to 8.3

www.kansascity.com...

unemployed job hunters, causing a drop in the area’s unemployment rate to 8.3 percent from 9.3 percent, according to the preliminary, non-seasonally adjusted estimate for April. Read more: www.kansascity.com...

while cnn claims

money.cnn.com...

The national unemployment rate, based on a separate survey, is forecast to ease slightly to 9.8% from 9.9%. To top of page

The Media sure don't the public know its much worse the this.

www.zerohedge.com...

no further comments

The Government manipulates everything

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Yes tomorrow the government is going to claim that more than half million jobs has been created, but what the government is not telling is that most of the jobs if not all are in the service sector meaning that most people in this jobs will also qualify for welfare and food stamps now that increase in the welfare programs as DangerDeathposted before your post

So can the government really claim that the economy is recovering? no, it can not but it keeps lying about the reality of numbers.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Good thread on economy principle.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
There's rumors on german financial forums that Merkel will step down and that Germany will go back to the Deutchmark. And as soon as this week end...

That would sure be interesting.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
There's rumors on german financial forums that Merkel will step down and that Germany will go back to the Deutchmark. And as soon as this week end...

That would sure be interesting.

For real? can you post those rumors?

I still have some Deutchmark from my past, and believe it was worth alot more then the us dollar!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I've done deeper research and it seems it was old news backed by almost nothing.

But since Bilderberg is now in meeting and they are panicking about the euro collapsing and Germany thinking about going on it's own and their whole financial scam being exposed, it might be real.

According to the rumors, they plan to go to Deutchmark on January 1, 2011, maybe even sooner if the euro gets hit more... probably if it falls below parity with the US dollar... maybe even before that.

Merkel will have to be kicked out before...but since she already lost majority in the last election, a few of her coalition could say BYE BYE and they would have election and she would be kicked out... and a nationalistic figure would take over.

Hitler 2 anyone?

In other news, Hungary PM says it's country could very well default. Also the euro have hit a new low of 1.20....

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I love this news,

Euro May Rise to $1.60 Due to Austerity: Economist

His solution to "end" Euro woes is for the Central banks to "create money" and loan it to every nation that need it.

While the nations keeps oppressing their citizens and becoming indebted.

Now can anybody tell me how getting into more debt is going to save the world?.

Doesn't history tells how things work?

The European Central Bank could easily appease the fears of default which have plagued markets regarding by creating money and giving it to its members, Mosler said.

Incredible, I wonder how this guy accounts look like if he propose living on borrowing and debt

"My proposal is to put the ECB in a position where governments become dependent of checks from the ECB," he said. "Operationally, it's very simple to do, you just credit their accounts. The Finance Ministers would direct the money."

The central bank could make this an annual distribution, and attach financial discipline conditions to it, such as respecting the EU's Stability and Growth Pact.

And if you don't follow the rules impose by the central banks you will be punished

The country that does not respect the pact does not get the money, making it a more powerful enforcement mechanism and helping fight speculators at the same time, he explained.

I can not wait to see the countries that will fall for this like Greece and then start to sell their nations to pimps.

Unbelievable.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Well well well, his solution is EXACTLY what Bilderberg pushed for... that the ECB prints lots and lots of money to ``solve the problem``... and of course put all of Europe in economic chains for the bankers.

Sickos.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Doesn't the propose fix sound like slavery and servitude, I guess is not reason to hide the intentions of the central banks any longer, nations are indebted they have whore themselves for money and now their resources are for sell too, but this resources are human resources, citizens and tax payers.

In other words the central banks wants to own nations and souls.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
FTSE 100 Declines as Barclays, BHP Billiton, Rio Tinto Fall

www.businessweek.com...

Whats interesting about this article is that it says the spokesman for the Hungarian prime minister Viktor Orban said that the economy is in "a grave situation" and that the previous government had manipulated figures and lied about the state of the economy.

The ftse is taking a dive right now.

In fact europe is taking a dive right now.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by SpaceMonkeys]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

I don't know if the UK has any legal power to hault a hostile or agreed takeover of BP .. but it would be in their interest to do so. They stand to loose billions of dollars in corporate tax revenue if the company falls into foreign holdings.. for instance, if and American company bought it out, it's corporate headquarters being in the states, uncle sam makes more cash while Britain is screwed.

And technically speaking, there is no official law that says BP HAS to pay for the clean up .. that was their offer, and as far as I know no contract was signed.. but so far they seem to say they will for good PR (and they just started a new pr commercial campaign) .. Personally if I were on the board, I'd say force the Government to foot the bill .. from strictly a financial perspective.. if the cost of cleaning the spill to ensure government cooperation for future development is the price of the entire corporation .. it would be more cost effective to screw the American people and risk never getting another North American contract again.

I've heard ranged from 10-80 billion dollars for the clean up .. so far it's cost a little over $1b just on the well, $365m for a new rig, and 69m for some bill the WH claims to have sent to BP.

And for investors.... it could quite possibly mean that BP is just having a huge sales right now.. I'm tempted to venture into the stock with my minuscule funds while the price is at a 36% discount. BP is a vastly wealthy corporation .. and this is just one well.. it's not like they are not having oil revenue from other wells, and I'm sure they have a decent sized reserve fund.

EDIT: BP's market cap is $122 billion dollars.. they made a profit of $6 billion last quarter alone.

[edit on 6/4/2010 by Rockpuck]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Christina Romer on Bloomberg (14:35 GMT) stated that another vital stimulus is to be put forward soon. Saying that the original stimulus "was always seen as temporary" and "...it was always understood to be a temporary measure" she stated that additional targeted measures are being planned to keep Americans in work. This comes as payrolls in U.S. climb less than estimated as calling into question the real 'recovery'.

I could not believe what I was hearing.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Well well well, his solution is EXACTLY what Bilderberg pushed for... that the ECB prints lots and lots of money to ``solve the problem``... and of course put all of Europe in economic chains for the bankers.

Sickos.

Bilderberg will "leak" to us whatever they want us to believe.
Bilderberg meetings have purpose of "informing" those puppets in gray suits about what is "going on" and "trends". Bilderberg makes no decisions on its own.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Yes, but do you really believe they can clean up this mess? I don't.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The only cause of recession, or depression, if you like, is the distribution of wealth, pardon me - distribution of debt. Debt is the cause of recession, and debt was the cause of "progress". So, dialectics

Now, how do we see any progress here? they will have to cancel all debts and start all over again. Ancient people knew this. It is the only way. But, they will probably be very selective about whose debt will be canceled first. Bailouts can only have this purpose.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by DangerDeath]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Wall Street Prepare!!!

New studies suggest that ocean currents will carry oil from the spill in the Gulf of Mexico around Florida and up along thousands of miles of Eastern Seaboard waters this summer.

www.marketwatch.com...

Hundred miles a day!

[edit on 4-6-2010 by DangerDeath]

new topics

top topics

<< 678  679  680    682  683  684 >>

join