It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 604
<< 601  602  603    605  606  607 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
And more fireworks in Greece :

Two bombs have damaged buildings in Athens in apparent attacks on Greece's Pakistani community, but nobody has been injured.

Yeah ``attacks against Pakistani community`` MY BUTT!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
the DOW & NYSE should react in the next few days... in reference to the FED having to disclose info it said/says is too Strategic to reveal...

SOURCE;
www.theinternationalforecaster.com...

Rep. Bachus demands hearing on Lehman report, says Fed, SEC may have 'turned a blind eye' on fraud "Either the SEC and the New York Federal Reserve failed to discover the ongoing accounting fraud at Lehman, or they turned a blind eye to the ongoing fraud," Bachus said in a letter to the committee's chairman, Barney Frank…

[...]

The Federal Reserve Board must disclose documents identifying financial firms that might have collapsed without the largest U.S. government bailout ever, a federal appeals court said. The U.S. Court of Appeals in Manhattan ruled today that the Fed must release records of the unprecedented $2 trillion U.S. loan program launched primarily after the 2008 collapse of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. The ruling upholds a decision of a lower-court judge, who in August ordered that the information be released.

The Fed had argued that disclosure of the documents threatens to stigmatize borrowers and cause them “severe and irreparable competitive injury,” discouraging banks in distress from seeking help. A three-judge panel of the appeals court rejected that argument in a unanimous decision.

The U.S. Freedom of Information Act, or FOIA, “sets forth no basis for the exemption the Board asks us to read into it,” U.S. Circuit Chief Judge Dennis Jacobs wrote in the opinion. “If the Board believes such an exemption would better serve the national interest, it should ask Congress to amend the statute.”

The opinion may not be the final word in the bid for the documents,
which was launched by Bloomberg LP, the parent of Bloomberg News, [...]

www.nydailynews.com...

Yeah...as if Barney Frank is himself unemcumbured with half-truths, shortcutting, rationalizations, because he's above being an corrupted elitist
or a Illuminati uber-burgermeister-meisterburger ...

[edit on 21-3-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
It is going to be really great having free health care without a job, eh?
All you shmucks can raise unemployment levels up to 20% while enjoying sitting on the couch getting that free health care.
Good luck with the Depression, shmucks.

I think the cat wanted to run downhill, but the leash was stopping him. That is why he ran back up the hill. Then I took his leash off. So now.... he can do what he wants to do.
Run down the hill again at breakneck speed.
Welcome to the Mega Depression 2.0!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This is sick...

On Sunday they pass that bailout to the insurance corporations...

And now this :

Dodd Financial Reform Bill Passed By Senate Banking Committee

Give more powers to the FED! THIS IS SICK. THEY ARE DECLARING WAR ON THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

Has Germany just killed the dream of a European superstate?
Hopefully yes!

15 New Taxes The Democrats Just Foisted On The American People

Hussman: I’m Not Saying There’s Going To Be Hyperinflation, BUT Inflation Is Going To Be Huge

Next to rape the american people : TAX ON AMMO, TAXES IN CAP AND TRADE AND LESS JOBS BECAUSE OF AMNESTY.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I can NOT believe the markets cheered this bill and rape of America. It disgusts me.

I read on some news site that they people making less than $14K a year are actually going to get FREE health insurance paid for by, you guessed it, the working people of America.

I am sick and tired of supporting an extended family of 30 million morally deviant mental midgets.

I am hoping for some sort of total annihilation activity soon. I am hoping for a massive war and a total draft of all the idiots.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

Don't be so quick to judge a whole group of people as idiots. That seems a bit idiotic to me anyways...

If I was ignorant, it would be amoral for me not to work and mooch. Thing is, I've been in the know (somewhat) to the mass corruption since I was a kid. I realized by the time I was an adult, that the system was rigged and it was actually amoral for me to support the entirely corrupted system by paying outrageous taxes for a low wage. Trying to make a good living these days tends to corrupt the soul. I'm simply not interested.

Now I don't mooch off the government or the taxpayers, I mooch of my parents. They bought into the lies and worked their way to owning companies, so for them to support me is next to nothing financially. It's not as if I'm loaded or anything. I get by on $20 bucks a day plus rent and utilities paid.

Not all social deviants are amoral. In fact, geniuses tend to be socially deviant yet may cause considerate social change for the better.

I do get what you mean, though. I, too, would like to wipe out the idiots in one way or another. The problem is that the term is entirely subjective.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
So it looks like, as much as I hate to say it, Obama is a genius. Health care bill worked flawlessly, markets are getting higher and higher. So maybe all of our predictions are wrong, maybe obama knows what he is doing, and the economy will get better and better. I am tired of reading doomsday crap, how every single day could be the end of the dollar and so on. I think its time to look to the positive side of things and see which one wins. Because it has been a slow recovery, and I know that things are bad, but they do appear to slowly be getting better. I know that it is a tough road ahead, but I don't think there will be a collapse of anything.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Existing U.S. Home Sales Fall for Third Month

Ooops!

Also, INSURANCE PREMIUMS RATES HAVE RISEN FROM 15% to 30% starting YESTERDAY for many small businesses. If you have not received a letter yet, it will come soon.

Thanks for killing small businesses Obama! THANKS A LOT!

Also reports coming in from various health care centers receiving calls from people asking if they can come and get treated for free... Obviously Obama voters who don't know SQUAT about what was really in the bill... as expected.
Ignorant people destroying the US...

223 BILLIONS in NEW DEBT FOR MARCH SO FAR

That means : 300 billions/MONTH in new debt... or 3.6 TRILLION/year IN DEFICIT, or 25.35% OF GDP IN DEFICIT...

And yet some people here still believe there's a RECOVERY GOING ON!
Stop drinking the kool-aid please!

THIS IS SO SICK, I NEED HEALTH INSURANCE!

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

but I don't think there will be a collapse of anything.

reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

You appear to be in a minority.

The latest Fox News poll finds that 79 percent of voters think it’s possible the economy could collapse, including large majorities of Democrats (72 percent), Republicans (84 percent) and independents (80 percent).
www.foxnews.com...

But seriously, you are not the only one that is tired of watching things go to hell. However, simply being 'tired of it' doesn't change a thing. It is what it is and it will go to its rightful conclusion. You cannot tax or spend your way into prosperity. It's all been tried before and no it's not gonna be different this time.

Capitalism is based on.......guess what?......CAPITAL. Capital must be produced, saved, and invested in order for the system to produce yet more CAPITAL. Gov't does not produce CAPITAL it spends CAPITAL. They're coming for your 401k next, if you even have one. That thing they passed yesterday was a huge TAX, because they spent the SS 'trust'
and they're pulling out all the stops to keep the system afloat for another year (maybe).

This nation deserves the serfdom it's going to experience for standing by sucking its thumb while its Liberty is removed. Those who exchange Freedom for a 'Security Blanket' deserve neither and ultimately will have neither.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar

but I don't think there will be a collapse of anything.

reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

You appear to be in a minority.

The latest Fox News poll finds that 79 percent of voters think it’s possible the economy could collapse, including large majorities of Democrats (72 percent), Republicans (84 percent) and independents (80 percent).
www.foxnews.com...

But seriously, you are not the only one that is tired of watching things go to hell. However, simply being 'tired of it' doesn't change a thing. It is what it is and it will go to its rightful conclusion. You cannot tax or spend your way into prosperity. It's all been tried before and no it's not gonna be different this time.

Capitalism is based on.......guess what?......CAPITAL. Capital must be produced, saved, and invested in order for the system to produce yet more CAPITAL. Gov't does not produce CAPITAL it spends CAPITAL. They're coming for your 401k next, if you even have one. That thing they passed yesterday was a huge TAX, because they spent the SS 'trust'
and they're pulling out all the stops to keep the system afloat for another year (maybe).

This nation deserves the serfdom it's going to experience for standing by sucking its thumb while its Liberty is removed. Those who exchange Freedom for a 'Security Blanket' deserve neither and ultimately will have neither.

Please don't quote FOX polls HWHAE.

And you can't tell me after we spend billions on wars and other nonsensical things after a healthcare bill all the sudden the far greater majority of the country thinks we are going to hell. That would make sense seeing as most people watch FOX News though.

This seems more like the contrarian indicator of the year.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The way I see things, numbers don't matter. The deficit can be 1 quadrillion at the end of march, and it wouldn't make any difference. The markets are rigged, the economy is rigged, and they have total control. They can pass whatever bill they want, when they want, how they want. Nothing will collapse unless they make it. People have been screaming economy collapse for months now, yet, it keeps happily going up and up. It defies logic for it to go up, but it does anyway. Kinda like the trade towers came down. It's all rigged. So we can worry about it all we want, but in the end, it won't matter. If they were going to collapse the economy they would have by now. They are going to keep it afloat for whatever reasons. I think they are waiting for something, perhaps even a false flag attack, then they have an excuse to let it collapse. I don't believe in terrorists. I have never seen real evidence of a terrorist attack on the usa. It always leads back to the government. They control it all.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

OMG! How is war nonsensical?????

Do you think the enemy stays away from your basement because they are busy watching South Park cartoons?

You better wake up to the reality of nasty grizzly fighting for resources on this planet. This is not fake. We are involved in an everlasting cold war that often breaks out hot as hell.

And to make this post relevant, I'll say I still can NOT believe the markets are cheering this rape of America. All people with money need to pull out of the market and let it fall to actual value instead of 100X value.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

Its all about technicals CV, you must know this now more than ever. That's all this whole thing has been about and I must say I have tried to explain that only 10000000000000 times on this thread.

And new season of SP is starting, set your TIVO's.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Actually South Park started last week

Bees in more trouble than ever after bad winter

The mysterious 4-year-old crisis of disappearing honeybees is deepening. A quick federal survey indicates a heavy bee die-off this winter, while a new study shows honeybees' pollen and hives laden with pesticides.

Two federal agencies along with regulators in California and Canada are scrambling to figure out what is behind this relatively recent threat, ordering new research on pesticides used in fields and orchards. Federal courts are even weighing in this month, ruling that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency overlooked a requirement when allowing a pesticide on the market.

And on Thursday, chemists at a scientific conference in San Francisco will tackle the issue of chemicals and dwindling bees in response to the new study.

[...]

"It's just gotten so much worse in the past four years," said Jeff Pettis, research leader of the Department of Agriculture's Bee Research Laboratory in Beltsville, Md. "We're just not keeping bees alive that long."

MAYBE, JUST MAYBE if they didn't plant those GMO crops, BEES WOULDN'T BE DYING IN MASS?

Damn Monsanto, killing the earth... and what does Obama and Bush do? Of course they nominate those scumbags at the EPA and FDA! YAY! And someone people still believe he loves the earth and people ! GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK.

U.S. House of representatives to endorse Israel attack on Iran

Washington, DC - A draft resolution is circulating among members of the House of Representatives that endorses an Israeli military attack on Iran "if no other peaceful solution can be found within reasonable time." [...]

It goes on to express support for "Israel's right to use all means necessary to confront and eliminate nuclear threats posed by Iran...including the use of military force."

So I guess the situation and the economy is so screwed up, even if Israel WOULD NUKE IRAN, the markets would go UP AND UP AND UP and it would be the beginning of a new recovery, and OF COURSE, OIL WOULD DROP IN PRICE...

I mean, if we gonna go on CRAZY LEVELS THAT DON'T MAKE SENSE, LET'S GO ALL IN!

Or you know what? Let's forget about all the scam, corruption and theft going on. They want our good. Yes that's it! That's why they spend like MAD DOGS... it's because they want to create INFLATION to get us out of deflation! That's it!

VIVA BERNANKE! VIVA OBAMA! VIVA CRAMER! VIVA BUSH!

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
AND SO IT BEGINS THE FALL OF THE EURO ZONE:

Portugal credit rating downgraded over debt concerns

Everybody RUN!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
www.businessweek.com...

Greece will default on its bonds “at some point” as the euro region fails to deal its first major economic crisis, said Paul Donovan, deputy head of global economics at UBS Investment Bank.

“I think it’s in an impossible situation,” said Donovan, who is based in London, in an interview with Bloomberg Radio today. “Europe has failed to clear its first serious hurdle. If Europe can’t solve a small problem like this, how on earth is it going to solve the larger problem, which is the euro doesn’t work. It’s a bad idea.”

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

First off, I'll quote who ever I feel like. The intent was not to lean on that poll, thus the 'but seriously' caveat I put in. It all has to do with reading comprehension. Second, of course the military spending is retarded, but the gov't is behind that TOO!

Shadowflux: I think you put way too much faith in the gov'ts abilitiy to control things. They have 'distorted' the markets, yes. They do not control the markets. The markets are much bigger than they are. When they find that out is when we will face the music, and it ain't far off. That which cannot continue, will not. You simply cannot consume more than you produce because if you do then you are taking from someone elses production. Eventually whoever you're stealing from finds ways to stop it.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Weak 5-Year Auction Sends Treasury Yields Up Sharply

The $42 billion sale fetched a yield of 2.605 percent, full 10 basis points, or 0.10 percentage points, higher than where the five-year was trading when the results were released at 1 pm. A higher yield reflects lower demand as the government must provide investors with more incentive to buy the product. [...] The indirect bid, which reflects foreign demand through primary dealers, was 40 percent.

Recovery is here! The FED only bought 40% of the treasuries this time! HAHHAAHHA

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
U.S. Is Riskier Than Euro Zone; So Says CDS Market
online.wsj.com...

Guess that whole 'their collapse is putting lipstick on our pig' thing, isn't fooling the people who play 'buy insurance on your house and then burn it down'.

No, the problems over there are just a precursor to what will happen as the States of america begin defaulting, either out right or printed out by the 'feds'.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

As the dollar continues to gain against the EURO and all currencies.

I think CDS market is either a lagging indicator or a game being played that we don't know the rules of.

Probably latter of the two.

top topics

<< 601  602  603    605  606  607 >>

join