It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 606
<< 603  604  605    607  608  609 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

The news of an awesome market crash is really good. Especially coming from such a respected source. His crash timing, from spring to fall, surrounds my June 23rd pivot point prediction. I'm right in the middle. Of course I was way early with my shorting. I had no idea the market would keep going up like it has. Since making the bad decision to short on September 30 I have figured out some timing stuff I didn't previously understand. I think. I think I know how I could have stayed long until the start of February. I think. Time will tell us all. I keep seeing the things that convince me I'm on the trail, but I just don't know the specifics of each step along the way.

The past 7 weeks of rallying is the opening movement of something I'm sure. And I don't think it is the opening of another leg up. I think it is the pump and dump of a major burn down to late June.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Cabaret Voltaire]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

Hi CV. It would be unusual if equities didn't retest the March 09 lows at some point , and in a market dominated by program trading a major reversal/dislocation can occur in dramatic fashion. Arch gives a 6mo window...May 1st to Nov 1st.

He also called Gold to make strong moves beginning around the 1st week in April. As of Friday , there's a .60 backwardation in June Gold , and a .02 backwardation in May Silver , so lets see what happens this coming week in PM's.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

Drop again with 0% rates?

Even 2% Fed Funds rate.. no way.

If this did happen we would see much dollar strength I am guessing gold would take a big hit as well. I see this highly unlikely that gold is going anywhere under 900 absolute minimum. Just too much momentum in the market and this is still playing out like 74'. This was the last push equated to 74' where the market went parabolic looking for 2+ months I believe it was.

Best bet would be to cut all your running losses and just sit on your hands if you really feel that way IMO.

EDIT: Also why would it be unusual if it didnt? The only other time we were at a greater percentage under the 200 EMA DAILY was 74 and that didnt come back either..

[edit on 28-3-2010 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
slow news day I guess.

I will now do my first EOTWAWKI post. Financial armageddon will be.....9/22/2031. The same day my student loans will be paid off. the world will fall into anarchy and I will be debt free one way or the other.

Market was up, commodities, well, normal as they can be.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Abracadabra!!!

The Euro/Dollar breakdown was a fake! It has climbed back up into the channel and I think it is on the way to a breakout that is going sky high, like in that dream of the golden balloon!

And the cat is ready to run down the U.S. stock market hill like my cat on a leash dream.

Yeaaah, baybee, yeaaah!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Obama has finally turned crazy...

Failing US banks must fear government closure: Obama adviser

Failing US financial institutions must face the credible threat of government closure if reforms are to succeed, a key adviser to President Barack Obama said Tuesday.

Yeah sure. So let's be real here. If it were to happen, ALL THE TOP 10 BANKS WOULD BE CLOSED, INCLUDING GOLDMAN SACHS... or the FED ITSELF since it is bankrupt.

But that will never happen SINCE OBAMA WORKS FOR THE FED AND GOLDMAN SACHS/JP MORGAN.

So my guess is that all competitors to the elite will be closed down and only the big ones that are owned by the elite will survive.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
This thread has been so quiet.
But don't worry, the meltdown is coming back! It's coming!
You have to check out my thread over here and pray to Mithras for a major meltdown.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
This thread has been so quiet.
But don't worry, the meltdown is coming back! It's coming!
You have to check out my thread over here and pray to Mithras for a major meltdown.

Ritual sacrificing, or "religion", has only to do with monopoly on what and WHEN people eat. You control that, you control everything. It means simply that all flesh is at "disposal" of the authority.

This market is a joke, an illusion which consumes people. One can only "hope" all will be well. But that already is not "well".

Yes, you can still buy and sell, and make a living from it, but it's a wasted life.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath

Yes, you can still buy and sell, and make a living from it, but it's a wasted life.

A wasted life?
No, it's not. It's fun. Like Rubik's Cube.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

untill the rubics cube realizes you were "playing" instead of trying to help make it pretty. I would very much fear the reality of people wanting to skin alive those who made money off of this collapse.

Dont become a conduit of this energy.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Nice...

ADP sucked...AGAIN...

Disappointing ADP Comes In At -23K, Consensus Was For +40K

And Steve Liesman gets out yet another tube of lipstick...

European shares turn negative after U.S. ADP data
www.reuters.com...

Chicago Purchase Index advance look for subscribers pushes market lower. Index comes in at 58.8 vs 62.6

Dow Jones Industrial Average 10,837.13 9:49am ET Down 70.29 (0.64%)

www.indexq.org...

Singapore 2887.46 -45.93 -1.57% 17:10

Greece spreads continue to drift wider: 338
Greek spread now 341.

Greece 2073.46 -22.18 -1.06% 15:26
Greece 2061.00 -34.64 -1.65% 15:41
Greece 2057.92 -37.72 -1.80% 16:21

CAC 40 3,950.76 8:47AM ET Down 36.65 (0.92%)

Madrid General 1,121.45 8:35AM ET Down 12.92 (1.14%)
Madrid General 1,117.69 8:40AM ET Down 16.68 (1.47%)
Madrid General 1,114.67 8:45AM ET Down 19.70 (1.74%)
Madrid General 1,113.60 11:10AM ET Down 20.77 (1.83%)
Madrid General 1,112.71 11:15AM ET Down 21.66 (1.91%)

[edit on 3/31/2010 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If anyone still remembers, it looks like the Oil Barron was correct about natural gas falling once more hard.

It came about 5+ months later than he said it would, but definitely happened. If I ever lucky enough to run into OB again I will update.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
All I see is doom and gloom when it comes to the economy.

It certainly looks bad, and will get worse.

But, how in the hell are the market rising? They're going to break records?
DOW almost 11,000?????

Seriously, how is this happening? Every single day people say the markets will crash, or crash is imminent.

Yet they continue their steady climb upwards with minimal losses.

I am so confused.

Should I be worried? Or should I just not care and live my everyday life like I never saw anything?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I don't think it will be entirely alarming until the DOW exceeds historic levels.. that is, shooting past 14k
Which, I don't see as an impossibility by any means..

If you remember back in 2002-2005 the stock market was roaring ahead at full speed while everyone sat around saying "how, why.. huh?" because there was still a net loss of jobs, economic indicators were bad... but then again, we did have a war in 03. I believe that when we finally start to accept that hey, maybe things really will be ok now... the whole thing comes tumbling down again

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I've done a few maths...

Right now the average interest rate on US debt is 3.285%... which means just to pay interest on the debt every year, the US government has to raise 416.4 billion.

Now we all know that sir Bernanke SAYS he wants to raise interest rates. Now if he does, the average interest rate on US debt will rise.

According to my maths, if it does raise the average interest rate on debt to 5%, the US gov will need to raise 633 billions just to pay interest, and that is RIGHT NOW.

But let's say it's in October 2010, when the debt is supposed to be around 14.3 trillion... It will be 715 billion, that is 30.02% of the US projected federal income for 2010.

If it rise to 10%, it would be twice that, 1.43 trillion in interest alone, or 60.5% of the projected income...

So... YEAH SURE Bernanke is gonna raise interest rates. If he does, Obama will raise taxes BY A HELL LOT before otherwise it's gonna be financial doom within a year.

So I wouldn't be surprised that they pass Cap And Trade and Amnesty as soon as they can... to have more income...sorry I meant to steal more from the middle-class.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Should I be worried? Or should I just not care and live my everyday life like I never saw anything?

No need to worry if you do everything you can to be prepared for different possibilities. I'm not a bit worried and I live a very happy and fulfilling life everyday, because I know that I have done everything that my God given intelligence tells me is possible. But even more important is my reliance on Him regardless. For instance, if I hadn't been able to afford to do any preps, or was stuck in an inner city, I'd be spending my time looking to Him for guidance. I understand that not everyone has the Faith that I practice, but I guess that's their problem.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
About the urgent meeting of the FED monday...

I'm going to ask for forgiveness in advance here. I'm about to post something that will sound insane to everybody here -- and I will admit to you that I don't actually understand what I'm about to try to tell you.

The purpose of the upcoming Fed meeting is that they are suddenly concerned that the Fed is under some sort of attack.

Again, I don't understand all of this. The root of the situation is the Maiden Lane release -- apparently the Maiden Lane release contained some sort of info that, either: 1. opened up an avenue of attack upon the Fed, or, 2. showed some kind of vulnerability that had been previously unknown.

It's an "interest rate attack" of some kind that puts the Fed in a situation which will force them to essentially beg for mercy -- the meeting concerns the Fed creating massive hedging structures against such an attack.

Again, I understand very little of what I heard. After the Maiden Lane release, the rumors of a special meeting came fast and furious. The Fed is now going to have that meeting, and it's a closed-door session. No press. No visitors.

Anyhow, that's the word.

The Fed is concerned about self-defense due to a vulnerability that now exists that apparently didn't exist before Maiden Lane got released -- I don't even know what an "interest rate attack" is.

But, anyhow, that's the chatter out there.

From the Tickerforum... anyone understands?

Why Is The Fed Actively Managing A $25 Billion Maiden Lane MBS Portfolio When Its $2.4 Trillion SOMA Holdings Have A $1 Billion DV01? (And Are Unhedged)

You read that right, while the Fed is pretending to care about interest rate concerns in an increasing rate environment and is hedging ML1, it has one billion DV01 risk for its house bailout package. This is a stunning number: the second rates commence creeping higher, you can kiss all that profit on TARP and what not not only goodbye, but the losses on the SOMA books will likely destroy America. And yes Virginia, it is negatively convex: once rates start creeping wider, they will accelerate faster and faster until everything escapes the control of Ben Bernanke.

It seems to me, that the US won't make it to the end of the year without a massive OMG! IT'S FINANCIAL ARMAGEDDON type of moment...

Celente right again... the Great Crash of 2010 is coming.

Or maybe they'll just raise the interest rates to 20% and just blame China for it and start world war 3!

The only way to save the US like in 2008 is to create another financial panic so people come rushing in US treasuries... and if foreigners don't come in treasuries, like it seems more and more, the US government will just seize 401ks and push them by force in treasuries and bank stocks.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Everytime I read something bad about the economy I read something to completely contradict it.

So here is the job report from March

money.cnn.com...

So is all that bs? Or is recovery here? So many signs point to a crash very soon, yet so many signs point to a recovering economy.

And here, they say the chances of a double dip, are receding.

money.cnn.com...

Which is it going to be...Ugh, wish I'd never started following it to begin with.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by xxshadowfaxx]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

If you look more closely, U-6 went up by 0.1% in March.

Also, you have to count temporary census jobs, the new IRS jobs and the birth-death grow... and when you factor all this in...

+17.000 real jobs in March and most of them are lower paying than those who were lost in the last 20 years due to globalization! Yay

Do you know they changed how they calculated unemployment 9 times since 96?

December 09 unemployment calculated by Youngstown State University : U-3 : 15.4% U-6 : 28.35%...

And let's not forget about all those business that will be forced to close/fire people because of the health care bill.

And does it really matter at this points what the unemployment rate is? The US is crumbling under debt, US federal income is down, states are bankrupts... Soon it won't matter if people are employed or not.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Stop worrying about it crashing, thats my advice. I was expecting it to crash in October after reading threads on ATS, but the market has been going great since then.

But sure, if people keep this thread alive long enough, they are bound to be right in the end after a couple of years. The market tend to do dives now and then.

new topics

top topics

<< 603  604  605    607  608  609 >>

join