It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 511
<< 508  509  510    512  513  514 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

I guess, although that doesnt depress me, not being able to pgram well in C++ does tho

btw - i dont work for him anymore, impossible to do with who i am talking to right now

[edit on 4-9-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
yeah it def. will.. you can join the no sleep club - makes for better overall knowledge in the long run IMO

The psychiatrist wanted to put me on risperdal..stupid much? Antipsychotics restrict the release of dopamine. I was like, no, I need some speed so it can mimic dopamine!

Smokey the bear says.....just say no to drugs

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I guess, although that doesnt depress me, not being able to pgram well in C++ does tho

btw - i dont work for him anymore, impossible to do with who i am talking to right now

=

Oh yeah, propriety trading...you would like that. My dad always wanted me to be a stock broker/trader. He was like you should major in FINANCE. And I decided to double major in accounting and mathematics. I made the better choice. But I never wanted to trade. I mean, it is cool as a hobby, but it gets boring after a while. I like analyzing things. I want to work for a pharmaceutical company one day...I've always like learning about drugs and stuff. Though I never wanted to be a science major or anything like that. Oh well :sighs:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Checking in on the morning stimulus news I see the markets look like they are feeling a little less flat. China up over 500 points! Its a good thing bears hibernate and don't hold short positions near the bottom of trading ranges. You would expect unemployment numbers to be skewed by filings the week before Labor Day so is there really any news there, or are they just trying to keep demand for equities low till next week?

Caffeine in low dosages is my only recreational drug, I use it on 100K bike rides sometimes to give me a lift near the end. Never bought a red bull and drink less than a six pack of beer a year. You sleep better if you have a good aerobic exercise program. An article I read said caffeine helps the body metabolize fatty acids for better running and cycling performance. Could be a bunch of enablers pushing Red Bull for all I know.

Back in the 90's I was depressed that I could not run C++ objects under windows CE because it was too proprietary. A russian hacker sold me an emulator named XTCE that creates a dos shell and saved my life. Maybe I need to go to the next level? What I was thinking was maybe you could program a mobile device so that it could receive alerts from your desktop machine. Its a pain having to be stuck in the house watching the tube all day and you can't just let your desktop system run unattended.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

[edit on 4-9-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Rosh Hashanah is a Jewish holiday commonly referred to as the "Jewish New Year."

Jewish Year 5770 starts September 18, 2009 (at sundown).

The high of August can not be the high of the current movement.
September must go higher in order to set up a nice place from which to start selling in October.
Now obviously the market will not move to precisely the highest point on Friday, September 18. In fact, one can expect this to not be true at all. If it happened that way then everybody would say.... well.... you can just imagine.

For a lesson take a look at September of 2007.
Rosh Hashanah was on September 13, 2007.
Once the New Year had begun, the market moved nicely up to create a platform from which to begin selling. That time it was what we now know to be a MAJOR selling event. This time it will be a teeny tiny selling event, but expect major media coverage and maximum international and political bashing. Occult mind control technique will creep into your skull and cause massive malfunction and confusion.

As an aside, Rosh Hashanah 2001 was on September 18, a week after September 11 for you conspiracy types. But then again you are mostly technical analysis mathematical pill poppers. Nah right. I've heard Hitler liked amphetamine and barbiturates. Ups and downs. Nah mean?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by fromunclexcommunicate

Occurs they are, with 50 billion dollars from the IMF and defaulting on obligations.

I bet if the US does the same we will be scorn by the rest of the international community.

China does what China wants for their best interest and darn the rest of the world.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
BAM!!!

UE 9.7% :shk:

Revisions from June & July...only 216K loss for August though...Hmmm...

And the futures are up ?!?...

Hours still at 33.1 per Wk...

A Jobless August
market-ticker.org...

[edit on 9/4/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
And lets not forget that those government unemployment numbers are only taken from those that are still filling unemployment benefits.

The real numbers are much higher, I think we have a link somewhere in the thread to a side that shows that.

So this makes some people and market analyst nervous because is a lot worst than that.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Two hurdles for Uncle Sam

Our nation had shed the jobs that were created by the private sector in the last ten years.

Most of those jobs will never make it back.

www.businessspectator.com.au...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
No fear.
No worries.
The Dollar Coin program is going to boost the economy...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by fromunclexcommunicate

There is stuff like that, for what programs are you looking to do that on?

My software does that, although I wouldnt go on vacation while I have my trading programs running and be carefree about it just incase

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Wonder if shares can be borrowed for shorting.....

Former Corus Bankshares chairman dumps nearly all his shares

Joseph Glickman, other family members, trust sell off most of their stakes

Former Corus Bankshares Inc. Chairman Joseph Glickman has unloaded most of his stock in the Chicago-based condominium lender, which is believed to be on the verge of being seized by U.S. banking regulators.

Glickman, a former Minnesota resident who in 1966 came to Chicago to buy a $20 million-asset lender that would become $7.07 billion-asset Corus, sold 3.9 million common shares from Aug. 20 through Aug. 26 for an average price of 31 cents a share, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing.

In addition, the Joseph C. Glickman Foundation dumped 800,000 shares of common stock from June 22 to Aug. 28.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Funny that the MSM have been playing up the 9.7% jobless data today and the stock market is actually rising...

how does it make any sense?

Stocks turn positive after jobs data
finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Thats is because remember if the economic stimulus is stimulating something is the markets, occurs with all that bailout money it only can go somewhere and then the Fed is claiming that inflation is under control, let see when that stimulus is not longer available or let say the worst scenario. . . no longer affordable.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
Funny that the MSM have been playing up the 9.7% jobless data today and the stock market is actually rising...

finance.yahoo.com...

The investors have a similar problem to yours:
. Remember?

I just blasted the market analysts yesterday, and the Dow noded in agreement today. "The investors will be looking at the jobless data . . ." is a bunch of crap. The market responds to a different set of stimuli . . .

Would this before-noon projection be overly optimistic?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/408bc37ca765.jpg[/atsimg]

(Gimme the Hammer!)

[edit on 9/4/2009 by stander]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
Rosh Hashanah is a Jewish holiday commonly referred to as the "Jewish New Year."

Jewish Year 5770 starts September 18, 2009 (at sundown).

Thanks for the reminder. I remember calling a synagogue a few years back to inquire about then present Jewish year. And there was that female voice: "Oh, gosh . . . I'm not sure . . ."

And so, on September 18, 2009, the market will crash; the Dow will close at 5,770 points, and the US economy will survive on matzos till a better-than-expected figures show up in the year of our lord 5770 A.D.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

finance.yahoo.com...

A wild guess: most of the money is with the banks and not with the people. Markets react to that - banks don't care because they get stimulus. Neither banks nor market give a damn about working class. People are broke. This will go on for a while, maybe forever, but there will be some heavy deterioration to face...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

reply to post by stander

my linear r. tool gives many options

Hmm . . .
That's kinda beyond my field of expertise. You may have to ask this guy to sort the options.

(Select the range and frequency before you apply LR. There is only one LR for a specific time period.)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by fromunclexcommunicate

Back in the 90's I was depressed that I could not run C++ objects under windows CE because it was too proprietary. A russian hacker sold me an emulator named XTCE that creates a dos shell and saved my life. Maybe I need to go to the next level?

You may consider getting a job at Optiver.

To enjoy these professional fruits, applicants need to subject themselves to three math-based tests to test facility with numbers and the ability to think clearly under pressure. For one of the tests, 80 questions must be answered in under 8 minutes. Sample questions include 0.034 times 0.2, or, if you have a cube made of 10 by 10 smaller cubes, how many are facing the outside?

(Let's see . . . twenty?)

www.cnbc.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 508  509  510    512  513  514 >>

join