It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 510
<< 507  508  509    511  512  513 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Back to the interesting development of this morning & China's move to pull it's physical gold from London....

Chinese sovereign wealth fund dumping dollars for strategic investments like gold

Several reports are coming out of China that there is pressure on state-controlled organisations - notably the country's main sovereign wealth fund, China Investment Corporation (CIC) to rapidly build investment in non-Chinese enterprises. While the CIC itself, with apparent access to some $300 billion in funds - and the possibility of more from the government - may be concentrating on hedge funds and other investment entities, there is another sector for Chinese state-owned companies looking at major investment in commodities. Indeed with the funds available as China seems to be dumping its US dollars in favour of more concrete assets, virtually no minerals sector is safe from Chinese participation.

While CIC was set up only two years ago, funded with $200 billion in initial capital, a report to the U.S. Congress noted that according to top Chinese officials, it was created to improve the rate of return on China's $1.5 trillion in foreign exchange reserves and to soak up some of the nation's excess financial liquidity. Depending on its performance with the initial allotment of $200 billion, the CIC might be allocated more of China's growing stock of foreign exchange reserves - and this has already proved to be the case.

Probably the most interesting of the recent reports of what is happening with Chinese sovereign wealth fund investment outside China has come from Paul Mylchreest's Thunder Road Report where an ex-U.S. intelligence service member is quoted. He reports that he has a friend who is in the Chinese Sovereign Wealth fund sector who says - hearsay I know and it wouldn't stand up in court - indicated that the wealth fund analysts were working all hours of the day and night trying to put investment deals together - particularly in the oil and precious metals sectors. The conclusion is that China recognises that the U.S. dollar is going to tank and it wants to convert as much of its trillions of dollars of holdings into strategic assets as possible before the collapse really takes hold.

Do follow the link for the rest of the article

Some interesting info re: the CIC

CIC has also worked to mitigate the risk of dealing in overseas markets through the action of its newly created International Advisory Council. The IAC contains such luminaries as Taizo Nishimuro, Chairman of the Tokyo Stock Exchange, and John Thornton, former President of Goldman Sachs, whose job is to help advise the fund on threats and opportunities coming out of overseas markets.

Hmmm, Evewn the Financial Times is talking about it

The renminbi black swan
Posted by Miles Johnson on Sep 03 19:16.

Take $1,500bn in Chinese dollar reserves, add generous dollops of concern about currency debasement, mix in a shopping spree by the Chinese state. Then scream.

At least, you should be screaming if your life savings are in dollars.

Recent Chinese buying of hard assets is by no means simple investment or long-term preparation for a rapidly growing population and economy, according to boutique brokerage Aviate Global.

No, the Chinese are buying, they say, because they are quietly tip toeing away from the dollar and hoping that no one else will notice:

The investment community is waking up to the reality that China is buying hard assets (gold, precious metals, oil, copper/ally etc) for more than simply industrial purposes. They have $1.5tn in $ reserves. They understand the $’s day as a reserve currency is over and hold the biggest key to future debasement: full Yuan convertibility.
“Full yuan convertibility” refers to what could be the end stage of a process of internationalising the renminbi by eventually allowing it to float freely against other currencies.

As always, do follow the links for the full stories

Oh and if you've been under a rock & haven't heard the rumors of a pending BIG BANK failure in the US, maybe you should take a look at ZeorHedge's post on Wells Fargo's Loan Portfolio Sheet

Man, if that goes down, it's gonna leave a mark. I wonder... if WFC could be a part of the reason the FHA is having such a bad rise in losses

Interesting times indeed

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Isnt WFC a too big to fail?

Check out the options chain.. my cpu is running so damn slow I can only have 1 browser tab open lol

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Don't worry about WFC, they will get bailed out and we won't even hear about the news...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
Isnt WFC a too big to fail?

Check out the options chain.. my cpu is running so damn slow I can only have 1 browser tab open lol

Yes, WFC is too big fail. The ONLY reason the government would even let this news out is if they WANTED the markets to crash again...key word...want. If they don't, then they will just keep capitalizing WFC through secret channels and nobody will hear about this.

And why check the options chain?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
thats where you will see the $ flow first

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

thats where you will see the $ flow first

I have to be at work tomorrow by 8AM I can't believe I am still up. I haven't been sleeping well since I demanded my doctor prescribe amphetamine (adderall) to lift my mood up, but the speed is giving me too much of a boost. I think I will also have to fill my ambien prescription. I will become like marilyn monroe, an uppers and downers addict

I looked at the option chains. Nothing too strange...though in January 2010, someone purchased like 2000 puts for 10 dollars and 2000 puts for 12.5.

Why they did this, we just don't know.............

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

haha.. so weak compared to my vyvanse.. u would be running up walls lol - i would just keep an eye on the WFC options change if you believe in this theory

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

haha.. so weak compared to my vyvanse.. u would be running up walls lol - i would just keep an eye on the WFC options change if you believe in this theory

I don't really trust options in deciphering where securities are going (if I did I would have bought 17 dollar october calls for ung 2 months ago when someone bought 100,000 of them). Now it is like 9 dollars...that would have been a bad move...

About vyvanse...all that is, is an attempt by that pharmaceutical company to make more money since adderall already has generic competition. That is the main reason for them creating it, and it is also because adderall might have more side effects due to it being a combination of different amphetamine molecules...while vyvanse is just one.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
lisdex is vyvanse, and yes shire owns me lol

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

lisdex is vyvanse, and yes shire owns me lol

Well anyway, I did this pee test to test neuro chemicals because I have said for my whole life that I HAVE A DOPAMINE DEFICIENCY...like I just knew it. I never loved anything, I just walked around like a depressed robot and sometimes I would be sitting down doing homework or work for work and have to run to the bathroom and cry for no reason and not to mention the extreme suicidal thoughts. I was like I got to get this checked.

Sure enough, I came out with a severe dopamine deficiency. My grandmother was manic depressive and killed herself years ago, she probably had it too.

But yeah, the adderall should help...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
yeah it def. will.. you can join the no sleep club - makes for better overall knowledge in the long run IMO

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

yeah it def. will.. you can join the no sleep club - makes for better overall knowledge in the long run IMO

The psychiatrist wanted to put me on risperdal..stupid much? Antipsychotics restrict the release of dopamine. I was like, no, I need some speed so it can mimic dopamine!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Well you know what I REALLY like.. that would be your savior if you didnt abuse it, really would.. just down follow my path

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Well you know what I REALLY like.. that would be your savior if you didnt abuse it, really would.. just down follow my path

I have a VERY low abuse potential. I have tried so many things that are supposedly 'very' addicting, like opiates, and I have never been addicted. I have not tried what you REALLY like though since I don't think I want to try something that some Dutch person hid up one of their orifices......................................

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
never ventured never gained

i eat things that pop outta cow manure, you must think i be ka ka ka krraaazy

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

never ventured never gained

i eat things that pop outta cow manure, you must think i be ka ka ka krraaazy

Just take a lot of vyvanse and then you won't have to worry about eating...

Anyway, the problem with what YOU like is that eventually it wears off for a lot of people. Though, yeah, it should definitely still be used for some people with severe depression. Hell, electro shock therapy is still used! My other grandma (the one who didn't kill herself) went through that for her depression and was really screwed up for a while...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
yes more than 1 way to skin a cat

how do you think i come up with my automated programs?

it isnt because i spend my time drinking alcohol or not seeing "reality"

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
business.timesonline.co.uk...

British economist, Ann Pettifor, who wrote 2 books in 2003 AND 2006 about a coming debt crisis in developed countries says that the worst is yet to come.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I agree, at some point the worst is yet to come

Just like the best

lol

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I agree, at some point the worst is yet to come

Just like the best

lol

Are you less depressed now>? Like about working at with your dad and living at home? I mean...do you still want to live under a bridge and prostitute yourself to strange men? (I added the latter in there)

new topics

top topics

<< 507  508  509    511  512  513 >>

join