It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 433
<< 430  431  432    434  435  436 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Great...so now we're pulling assorted Body Hairs to Judge the Market ???

Sooo...if I pull 3 hairs off my arse we'll go down ???

Shanghai Composite 3,359.03 10:01PM ET Up 37.47 (1.13%)

[edit on 7/30/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Well we could have a plucking contest, but I'm just relaying what I have heard lol..

No joke... and he said it never fails, like I said I think he will be whipsawd into submission

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

Well we could have a plucking contest, but I'm just relaying what I have heard lol..

No joke... and he said it never fails, like I said I think he will be whipsawd into submission

Ok...well..what little I have left..I'm pulling...

I'm making ~50% so better than a water-boarding session...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

haha

mine is fading fast as well, and what is left is turning gray i think...

all i got going for me now is a receeding hairline and credit card debt..

pretty impressive for 25 years on this planet

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

haha

NO pulling Cranial Hair here...LoL..

Minimal residing hairline here LoL...(Tell yer Dad about Abbott Labs...ABT)

No CC here...NEVER used it...CASH is/was king...

Pretty impressive for 46 years on this planet...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

haha

Hey, being bald works for many men...but the credit card debt doesn't

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

haha

Hey, being bald works for many men...but the credit card debt doesn't

Notice my Avartar...LoL...it worked better than the "Hippy Look" for awhile in the late 90's...

CC...agreed...

Hang Seng 20,646.55 10:37PM ET Up 412.47 (2.04%)
Nikkei 225 10,304.90 10:30PM ET Up 139.69 (1.37%)
Taiwan Weighted 7,113.97 10:31PM ET Up 86.86 (1.24%)

SLAP! ???

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Would be nice to hold this first support on this "wave"

In this instance, I wouldn't mind being proved wrong..

Although bear flags remember have slight up/down days but ending flat relative to the recent uptrend

www.sierrachart.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Would be nice to hold this first support on this "wave"

In this instance, I wouldn't mind being proved wrong..

Although bear flags remember have slight up/down days but ending flat relative to the recent uptrend

www.sierrachart.com...

Asia is running wild once again...look for Standers prediction...

Market closed
www.marketwatch.com...

DXY

Change
-0.24 -0.30%

"Pump $ Dump"...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

haha @ retnoid - thank god for black market society we (i) live in haha

@ Hx - was this the bald on top ponytail look?

I can see that working for you actually even though I dont know you (or do i?)

Unfortunately though like I said what is left of my black hair is very slowly turning gray and i can anticipate acceleration being my life is like that

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Are we talking about the whipsaw?

Yes I agree 100000%

I have no idea about the intraday move but I am going to bet we settle not more than a few SP points from the close today.. (according to BFLAG HYPOTHESIS)

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Unfortunately though like I said what is left of my black hair is very slowly turning gray and i can anticipate acceleration being my life is like that

The $64K question is...

Why are you burning the candle at both ends even following this if you can't raise enough "skin" to get in the game ???

Geez...get a script to WSJ to read at the Lake with yer woman/club/sanitarium/hair club...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I

I've had gray hair since 14 and it is only a few strands, but they are always there. And I thought I was balding a few times but thankfully I wasn't. I have what people call a "jew fro" which is curly dark brownish hair that is thick and is wild. That is what I have. I am surprised I didn't lose my hair from all the drugs I used to take when I was depressed going to school (but I still did well without credit card debt). I stayed out of debt mostly from stock trading and being an intemediary of drugs between dealers.. And I spent A LOT of money... I mostly made money from stock trading though which is really a passion of mine as well as drugs are (like the pharmacological properties). So hopefully one day I can trade currencies or futures for a pharmaceutical company or something...try to join them together...

[edit on 30-7-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Id like to add HX -----

In a bear flag the whipsaws work both ways

Dont be surprised if we do infact go down big, then rally midday ---

Refer to the first highlighted bear flag in my original chart (or any of them of course.. but the first has the best examples)

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

This is my life my friend

Been doing this everyday of my life since around 15 except for the ones where I was "out of it" which equals like 5 years haha

But seriously, I will not make the same mistakes i had previous, and I don't think you can argue (I know you are not though) the benefits of SIM trading for a number of years before outlaying any capital.

As you know, I take this seriously, even my intraday calls if I ever make any anymore.. believe me its not for the "stars" because I don't get them lol and don't care (obviously
), but its about giving back what I was given as well as just genuinely trying to help people.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

hahah i have a sweet jew fro as well if you let my hair grow out..

its pretty nasty with one side puffed and the other side smashed.. more like a deranged lunatic..

thank god for my middle eastern/ethnic background..

try being in high school being the fat kid with the jew fro and receding hairline...

wow those were tough years buddy!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Still holding support

Pretty impressive actually *IMO* after that surge lateday

Could be propped up for now by asian markets then when they close let the futures slide again..

www.sierrachart.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Still holding support

Pretty impressive actually *IMO* after that surge lateday

Could be propped up for now by asian markets then when they close let the futures slide again..

www.sierrachart.com...

I wasn't here all day but the markets were up much more earlier weren't they? Like around 180 and it closed up like 86pts on the dow. How was that a surge lateday? Or did it go even lower than that?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

I mean surge lower late day

If you go back a page you will the ascending triangle I posted that when it broke totally slid

Yeah we were up big in the SP500 and DJIA..

Nasdaq was over 2000 infact.. quite strong in the morning

Now if you take a look at the daily chart I posted we ended up in a "DOJI" again and it is showing big time bear flag charachteristics like I pointed out about a month ago + before we took the slide from 8800 ->82xx

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Might want to "rotate" some stocks

EMBARGOED UNTIL RELEASE AT 8:30 A.M. EDT, THURSDAY, JUNE 25, 2009BEA 09-29

www.bea.gov...

* See the navigation bar at the right side of the news release text for links to data tables,
contact personnel and their telephone numbers, and supplementary materials.

Lisa Mataloni : (202) 606-5304 (GDP)
Greg Key (202) 606-5564 (Profits)
Recorded message: (202) 606-5306

Gross Domestic Product, 1st quarter 2009 (final)
Corporate Profits, 1st quarter 2009 (revised)
Real gross domestic product -- the output of goods and services produced by labor and property
located in the United States -- decreased at an annual rate of 5.5 percent in the first quarter of 2009,
(that is, from the fourth quarter to the first quarter), according to final estimates released by the
Bureau of Economic Analysis. In the fourth quarter, real GDP decreased 6.3 percent.

The GDP estimates released today are based on more complete source data than were available for
the preliminary estimates issued last month. In the preliminary estimates, the decrease in real GDP was
5.7 percent (see "Revisions" on page 3).

The decrease in real GDP in the first quarter primarily reflected negative contributions from
exports, equipment and software, private inventory investment, nonresidential structures, and residential
fixed investment that were partly offset by a positive contribution from personal consumption
expenditures (PCE). Imports, which are a subtraction in the calculation of GDP, decreased.

BEA plans to release the results of the 13th comprehensive (or benchmark) revision of the national
income and product accounts (NIPAs), as part of the annual revision on July 31, 2009. More
information on the revision is available on BEA’s Web site at www.bea.gov/national/an1.htm, including
a link to an article in the March 2009 issue of the Survey of Current Business that discussed the changes
in definitions and presentation that will be implemented in the revision and a link to an article in the
May Survey that described the changes in statistical methods. The September Survey will contain an
article that describes the results of the revision in detail. The Web site also contains links to redesigned
PCE table stubs and other revised NIPA table stubs.
from unrounded data and are annualized. “Real” estimates are in chained
(2000) dollars. Price indexes are chain-type measures.

This news release is available on BEA’s Web site along with the Technical Note and Highlights
related to this release.

The smaller decrease in real GDP in the first quarter than in the fourth primarily reflected an
upturn in PCE and a larger decrease in imports that were partly offset by larger decreases in private
inventory investment and in nonresidential structures.

Motor vehicle output subtracted 1.26 percentage points from the first-quarter change in real GDP
after subtracting 2.01 percentage points from the fourth-quarter change. Final sales of computers added
0.09 percentage point to the first-quarter change in real GDP after subtracting 0.02 percentage point
from the fourth-quarter change.

The price index for gross domestic purchases, which measures prices paid by U.S. residents,
decreased 1.0 percent in the first quarter, the same as in the preliminary estimate; this index decreased
3.9 percent in the fourth quarter. Excluding food and energy prices, the price index for gross domestic
purchases increased 1.4 percent in the first quarter, also the same as in the preliminary. The federal pay
raise for civilian and military personnel added 0.3 percentage point to the change in the first-quarter
gross domestic purchases price index, which is treated as an increase in the prices of employee services
purchased by the federal government.

Real personal consumption expenditures increased 1.4 percent in the first quarter, in contrast to a
decrease of 4.3 percent in the fourth. Real nonresidential fixed investment decreased 37.3 percent,
compared with a decrease of 21.7 percent. Nonresidential structures decreased 42.9 percent, compared
with a decrease of 9.4 percent. Equipment and software decreased 33.7 percent, compared with a
decrease of 28.1 percent. Real residential fixed investment decreased 38.8 percent, compared with a
decrease of 22.8 percent.

Real exports of goods and services decreased 30.6 percent in the first quarter, compared with a
decrease of 23.6 percent in the fourth. Real imports of goods and services decreased 36.4 percent,
compared with a decrease of 17.5 percent.

Real federal government consumption expenditures and gross investment decreased 4.5 percent in
the first quarter, in contrast to an increase of 7.0 percent in the fourth. National defense decreased 6.8
percent, in contrast to an increase of 3.4 percent. Nondefense increased 0.6 percent, compared with an
increase of 15.3 percent. Real state and local government consumption expenditures and gross
investment decreased 2.2 percent, compared with a decrease of 2.0 percent.

The real change in private inventories subtracted 2.20 percentage points from the first-quarter
change in real GDP, after subtracting 0.11 percentage point from the fourth-quarter change. Private
businesses decreased inventories $87.1 billion in the first quarter, following a decrease of $25.8 billion
in the fourth quarter and a decrease of $29.6 billion in the third.

Real final sales of domestic product -- GDP less change in private inventories -- decreased 3.3
percent in the first quarter, compared with a decrease of 6.2 percent in the fourth.

Gross domestic purchases

Real gross domestic purchases -- purchases by U.S. residents of goods and services wherever
produced -- decreased 7.5 percent in the first quarter, compared with a decrease of 5.9 percent in the
fourth.

Gross national product

Real gross national product -- the goods and services produced by the labor and property supplied
by U.S. residents -- decreased 5.6 percent in the first quarter, the same as in the fourth. GNP includes,
and GDP excludes, net receipts of income from the rest of the world, which decreased $5.8 billion in the
first quarter after increasing $21.3 billion in the fourth; in the first quarter, receipts decreased $107.9
billion, and payments decreased $102.0 billion.

Current-dollar GDP

Current-dollar GDP -- the market value of the nation's output of goods and services -- decreased
2.9 percent, or $103.1 billion, in the first quarter to a level of $14,097.2 billion. In the fourth quarter,
current-dollar GDP decreased 5.8 percent, or $212.5 billion.

Revisions

The final estimate of the first-quarter change in real GDP is 0.2 percentage point, or $6.8 billion,
less of a decrease than the preliminary estimate issued last month. The upward revision to the percent
change in real GDP primarily reflected a downward revision to imports and an upward revision to
private nonfarm inventory investment that were partly offset by downward revisions to exports and to
personal consumption expenditures for services.
More at link...

top topics

<< 430  431  432    434  435  436 >>

join