It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 430
<< 427  428  429    431  432  433 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
Here we go again... :shk: ...it's down...no...it's up...

finance.yahoo.com...

Here we go again...
...it's up...yes...it's up!!!

finenancy.yahoo.cum...

Calling all suckers....get in NOW!!

Heading directly to 10,348.....largest short squeeze in history...almost every sucker is feeling the pressure to jump in....Bubblevision air.s experiencing multiple on-air orgasms...

This is sooo much fun to watch!!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
We are in a stairstepping phase in the markets

We are in a stair stepping phase until people fall down the stairs bringing everyone else with them. You can tell that this market is now a chasers market. That can go on for a while, but by no means should you chase a chasers market. Sort of like Natural gas, I will just wait till next Thurs to buy the contracts if numbers are to my liking. Today wasn't to my liking and I would have lost money. It is okay to sit out from trading...most people don't know that though, and the people that don't are the ones who like to chase for profits.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Steady as she goes Helmsman...

Dow Jones Industrial Average 9,213.33 12:18pm ET Up 142.61 (1.57%)
S&P 500 INDEX,RTH 991.67 12:20pm ET Up 16.52 (1.69%) Components

Aye Aye Keptin...

What was that sound Mister ?!?

OY...Deflectors on Sir ???

Nooo...hold that order...we're still in the middle of our "Mission"...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I will be absolutely SHOCKED if GDP doesn't blow away expectations tomorrow....Not that it will be based on anything real or true, of course.

The full court press for MSM declaring "The Recession Is Over" has reached a fever pitch and there are plenty of people out there who really, REALLY want to be deluded...

Unfortunately, Treasury, the Fed, Bubblevision and the corpoprate sycophants can only plug so many holes at once....When everything appears to be bright, watch for a currency crisis

[edit on 30-7-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

That second one is hilarious..

Would be better though if it was a dead cat IMO lol

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

good stuff....I think that IS supposed to be a cat

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

You would have lost money?

It is up 8 cents isnt it?

I keep telling you my friend, these stairs will not fall (really fall) for a while.. these are all the beginnigs of bull market technicals, I called it early, some will call it later, but thats what this is, I promise

Something must have happened overnight with NG bc last I saw it was at 3.31 then when I woke up it was at 3.5x or something... I get lost in that trade a lot going on all the time and you have to be up 24 hours a day to capitalize

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

Well I am not that "fast" so maybe there is a hidden meaning there or something..

But dead ducks or cats dont have the 200 EMA below them!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

You would have lost money?

It is up 8 cents isnt it?

I keep telling you my friend, these stairs will not fall (really fall) for a while.. these are all the beginnigs of bull market technicals, I called it early, some will call it later, but thats what this is, I promise

Something must have happened overnight with NG bc last I saw it was at 3.31 then when I woke up it was at 3.5x or something... I get lost in that trade a lot going on all the time and you have to be up 24 hours a day to capitalize

It was up slightly before the numbers came out and I buy the minute after the numbers are released based on those inventories. Since they weren't great or horrible, I did nothing, which was a good trade because it didn't move much.

NG futures contract rolled over into the next month hence why it is 3.5x and it was priced more than it was last month.

What do you mean by really fall? I don't think it will go down to 6000, but the buying trade is beginning to get slightly crowded right now, which could easily mean things will get rocky. The GDP number will matter tomorrow. If that is much better than -1.5% that could set us up for new highs, if not, it could impede the rally for a while.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Really fall?

Like a good 5% or something..

Still too many pessimisstics thinking 1000 will be resistance in SP500. Maybe it will be for today or something, but we are going to push much higher.

I dont think we will see 6000 either, prob. ever again in fact, too much destruction priced into those numbers, unless this whole country crumbles or something of course etc (nuclear bomb? - knock on wood)

The next big play area is resistance 2, just like resistance one was, we will prob. be seeing the same BEAR FLAGS as well

FYI

P&F Daily Charts are showing bullish objective price targets of 12xx for SP500 and 11xxx for DJIA

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

LaRouche Demands Bankruptcy Reorganization Now

clicks.electionemail.com...

July 28, 2009 (LPAC)‑‑Political economist and statesman Lyndon LaRouche today called for the immediate bankruptcy reorganization of the entire Federal Reserve System, before the dollar‑based global financial system crashes. LaRouche warned last week that, by no later than the end of the current fiscal year, or weeks earlier, even as early as sometimes during August, the system will crash, probably weeks before the year‑end data is released. In fact, the present world economy is already hopelessly bankrupt for as long as the U.S.A. and world systems remain dominated by monetarist systems.

"Although we can say, contrary to all wishful thinking, that the system is doomed, by no later than October 15, and therefore, immediate action is required weeks, even two months before October 12th of this present year," LaRouche explained. "We must cancel the $24 trillion bailout immediately during the weeks just a., and put the system through an orderly bankruptcy reorganization, as specified under our Federal Constitution. The entire Federal Reserve System must be put into receivership. There is no way that the Fed can honor those intrinsically fraudulent bail-out efforts underlying the still cancerous growth of current nominal financial obligations. Reducing the obligations of legitimate national and state chartered banks to the magnitude of Glass-Steagall standards, either will be done, through bankruptcy reorganization now, or the United States itself will soon cease to exist. Without such a proceeding in bankruptcy as I specified during the period from July 27, 2007 into that September, there is presently no hope for the continued existence of the U.S.A. or any among the nations of Europe, in their present forms.”

LaRouche elaborated, "Right now, the overwhelming majority of states are bankrupt‑‑perhaps as many as 46 or 48 states. Very soon, we are going to have people dying in the streets in various states, if the current Obama‑controlled policies are allowed to go on, past the end of this month. We must put the entire Federal Reserve System through bankruptcy reorganization, return to Glass‑Steagall standards. Protect the necessary commercial banking functions, let the speculators go broke. The very survival of the United States, in the short‑term, is on the table. Right now, 30 percent of our people are unemployed. In 38 states, there are no funds to provide for unemployment insurance. People are going to be dying, in the immediate days and weeks a., if we do not get a dramatic change in policy out of the White House.
or delay."
More at Link...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

No chart today?

I can't do anything either, coz the curve is smooth like a runway. But just for fun, I applied the rule to see where the break point is. So the projection is that DJI closes at 9,257.8.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

There is really nothing cooking today except for the run in the morning

right now we are playing with all 3 EMA's and just sitting on the 200 EMA..

you do tho have 2 min points around 12 and 1430 on this 233 tick chart

www.sierrachart.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

reply to post by stander

There is really nothing cooking today except for the run in the morning

right now we are playing with all 3 EMA's and just sitting on the 200 EMA..

you do tho have 2 min points around 12 and 1430 on this 233 tick chart

www.sierrachart.com...

I used those ridiculous points at 11:56 and 12:13, coz that's what I could see at that time. But there was absolutely no guarantee that those would remain the two lowest points of the entire session, given the smoothness of the curve. Also, the morning profit taking wasn't there. If you are in the bullish times and take profit in the morning, you need to add to the piggy bank in the afternoon, otherwise the bull mutates into the bear. That's the strategy behind the simple method I test.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

I really think your method works best when we open below fair value and sell at the open where you get about that 45 degree angle slope into lunchtime.. that is shooting fish in a barrel pretty much if you can get your afternoon point 10-20 degrees higher than your first min

Have you tried the PP formulas yet?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Although this could be our next little formation..

another ascending wedge where we break lower..

a little "grasping" done on my part bc the formation isnt really all there yet.. but could be developing of course..

the top line is a battleground

www.sierrachart.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I don't see any reason why would the DJI close above 9,250. I think that in the last 30 minutes some cashing in should take place. And that's where the indiscriminate application of the method fails.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I dont think we will see 6000 either, prob. ever again in fact, too much destruction priced into those numbers, unless this whole country crumbles or something of course etc (nuclear bomb? - knock on wood)

Hmmm...I'll stick to long wave theory...the model called for this retracement (high @ 10,500, 1080 S&P) but we still have the 3rd or 5th leg down to survive (counting waves is an art form)...If it continues to hold true, 2500-3000 looks to be optimistic....220-250 on the S&P...Beware the Ides of March

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander

I don't see any reason why would the DJI close above 9,250. I think that in the last 30 minutes some cashing in should take place. And that's where the indiscriminate application of the method fails.

It's happening right now. There is a new lowest point on the curve at 15:41 and that pretty much confirms that the idea to apply the method of two bottom points every time is a doorway to a failure.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
@ GBM: Well...this "Stair-Step" theory of yours is interesting...

Looks like traders are working out at Giants Stadium in preseason...

[edit on 7/30/2009 by Hx3_1963]

top topics

<< 427  428  429    431  432  433 >>

join