It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 401
<< 398  399  400    402  403  404 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
lets just change mj changed into dr and the whole world mourned i dont think that went so well obama and his mama want change and i havent seen any breakout patterns emerging now the banks have changed from an accounting stand point theyve cooked the books and lowered expectations so theyre earnings targets have a chance to beat the street can you say smoke and mirrors or head fake i know im not that bright but the only change im seeing is the loose change left in my checking account i miss the benjamin franklins that patrick henry tried to put in there a few centuries ago

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

They still have plenty of the toxic assets in their balance sheets and no even the government knows how to work with them to get rid of their books.

Because all the corrupted procedures that Banks did to accumulate them.

So now the fault is to fall on how banks can not do better with credit and loans to consumers because all that toxic assets they still have.

And is suppoused to be a global problem no only US banks problem, after all our banks created them.

To me is nothing but baloney.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Fears of a Second Recession ,

Seems that European banks are not doing any better than the US banks right now.

We are not even out of the "recession/depression we have now and already are talks about another one coming.

Like I said before watch out for October.

Either we get another market crash or our government will have another stimulus to ease the damage that another crash could do to the markets.

Either way we are in trouble.

According to British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, the global economy still faces the real prospect of falling even deeper into recession.

Brown considers global complacency to be the preeminent threat of a recovery, as far too many media and government outlets have already begun to claim that the downturn is over. It is popular to say that things are getting better, but most indicators still show a continued and prolonged slowing of the global economy. The worst hit is the United States with a financially and consumer dependent economy, but others have been caught in the wake of the sinking American giant.

America dependency on consumerism is what is keeping the recovery slow, while countries like China and India has benefited with the down turn on the global economy.

What Brown fears is a so-called “W-shaped recession.” His fear is shared with famed NYU economist Nuriel Roubini who predicted the financial downturn more than two years ago. In such a recession all indicators show a pronounced and rapid decline, followed by a short recovery period and yet another period of decline.

economyincrisis.org...

Fears of a ‘W-shaped’ recession

www.financemarkets.co.uk...‘w-shaped’-recession/

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I don't like Cramer at all but he had a great piece on how stupid the futures markets are and how they need to totally revamp it:

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander
And so the market performance is not that reliable indicator where the economy is going as it was the case some fifty years ago.
/

I know, I say this a million times. That is why people on this thread saying how bad the economy is meaning the markets won't rise are wrong.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Perhaps Cramer is starting to see what the cap and trade farce could do to the energy sector as hundreds of interest groups are slobbering at the prospect of profits at the expenses of a fallacy and the gullible tax payers.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm wondering if oil could really correct more than anyone believes? I have been bullish on the dollar, at least for the short term because so many people don't like it now...I just don't know how long it will last. I do think that over the long term, like 10 yrs, the dollar will lose so much of its value. But where does that leave stock---a stronger dollar I mean? If the dollar rises over the next 2 months, then asset prices will once again decrease...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

You mentioned you trade on the FOREX. Have they unlisted the Zimbabwe currency?

Also can you short on the FOREX?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

You mentioned you trade on the FOREX. Have they unlisted the Zimbabwe currency?

Also can you short on the FOREX?

On MB Trading at least they don't have the Zimbabwean currency...

Yes you can short on the Forex. But you have to remember that you are basically shorting something when you buy once currency and sell the other against each other.

If I do: EUR/USD

I am buying the euro and selling the usd. You can also short the euro vs. usd.

I only trade EUR/USD, USD/EUR and AUD/USD, USD/AUD.

I don't get into any other combinations really. The eur/usd is for confidence and geopolitical events, and the aud/usd is commodity related.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander
The Russians are prematurely losing confidence in the guys at NYMEX. When oil traded above $130 per barrel, the traders at NYMEX were regarded something close to financial divinity. Russia does produce oil – plenty of it -- and the guys who do the pumping know that if you sell a barrel for $45, your company would be still among the ten most profitable ones in the world.

I think I screwed it up for lots of guys. I shouldn't have mentioned anything like that and keep stuff secret.

U.S. Considers Curbs on Speculative Trading of Oil

www.nytimes.com...

So, guys who is Obama? Pause are you the prez? Come on . . . just give it a wink.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

Are you kidding? Have you forgotten what I said about the captain of the Titanic?

Look, just take this whole 'curbing speculation' idea with a pinch of salt. Curb it? They just want to corner the market.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Can they really keep high price on oil and implement carbon tax at the same time?

This is the swing they have created and now everyone's gonna swing

www.bc.edu...

[edit on 8-7-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
So the DOW is at 8,121.12 and falling, -42.48 right now on the live tracker... Any bets on if today will be the day the DOW drops below the 8,000 mark?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Maybe wait till Monday. By then we'll know how many banks failed late Friday.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe4e9f8bf379.png[/atsimg]

Source

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Its interesting

I could have made a premature call, I am bullish on $ as well.. but I didnt think we would get thrown to this neckline on the dow and SP500..

Could be a test of around 830-840 now on the SP500 if you believe in the H&S...

Like I said, I thought we needed to get to these levels, but once we made the bounce I thought that was legit.. not sure whats happening right now.. could be a reverse of buy on the rumor and sell on the news for earnings seasons where we buy on the news and sell the rumor..

Talk about oil specs. getting spooked though huh? lol.. never seen people get so scared of limits on positions even though people like GS can easily work around that with all their "tentacles"

Looks like the market wants another stimulus as well.. JPM and friends must need a new golden corporate bathroom or something

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Thanks for that littler ending on you post it just make my day, with all the dirt coming out of the financial and Goldman sach scandal now been rushed under the table its obvious that what the "too big to fail wants they get".

Hey they need those Christmas bonuses like a drunk needs his daily alcohol infusion hell they as well let the tax payer pay for it.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

You gotta give it time guys
remember 8-12 months ahead of the game - although if we break these tech. levels the market is telling us we are no better off than we were 3-5 months ago

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Hi GBM. I like your style.

Here's some more comedy:

Worldwide economic growth is expected to 2.5% in 2010 says the IMF

There is some realism in there. But check this out:

[The IMF] said that actions by central banks and governments worldwide had succeeded in stabilising the financial conditions of banks.

That's a generalization if ever I heard one. And it leaves so many questions unanswered...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I think this person that messed with GS will go straight to abu g.

You dont mess with the illuminati, I thought we knew that by now.

Either way, as I stated in another thread, contrary to popular belief this wont be a problem for them unless he distributed the code because they will

a)sniff out his trades

b) find him in dark liquidity

c) look to "a" and front-run his trades and then /pown him in dark liquidity by shorting him out

But that is another story -

Ever since we have been talking about position limits and killing big business the markets have tanked...

I like the idea of pumping and dumping - which actually could be happening right now.. specs get killed just like real players.. so its not like spec's always win or anything (look at right now) the oil trade especially can have the rug pulled right out from underneath your a$$ no matter if you have 1 contract or 10,000

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
California Headed for Junk Status?

The state of California, nearly paralyzed because of a massive budget shortfall, received even more bad news on Monday as one of the nation’s largest credit rating agencies downgraded California’s long-term bond rating to nearly junk status.

Fitch Ratings lowered the state’s long-term bond rating to BBB, just two steps below junk status, citing the state’s massive budget deficit combined with a lack of reliable revenue streams.

I heard that properties in Beverly hills are now affordable for every body.

Actually 1 million dollars can get you the mansion of your dreams.

www.bloomberg.com...

top topics

<< 398  399  400    402  403  404 >>

join