It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 402
<< 399  400  401    403  404  405 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Well, this earnings season should tell us a little bit of what has been really happening.

It is very hard to lie about all that when companies actually get audited lol

But with the relative strength of our corp's in the USA.. I really dont see it too bad..

But to me this is just the "dump" before the pump for earnings season.. we shall see i suppose.. but im not backing down yet from breaking 9000 in a few weeks.. I just think this recent move is unsubstantiated

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Something I will love to know is how much pumping the Federal reserve has been doing under the table, perhaps that is why they don't want to be audited.

If you remember before the bail outs they were the ones pumping most of the money since the fall of 2007.

I wonder.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

You gotta give it time guys
remember 8-12 months ahead of the game - although if we break these tech. levels the market is telling us we are no better off than we were 3-5 months ago

Whatever this is okay for me. Actually it makes me happy. I had a small position in the dollar on my forex account and I have been wanting to get into high beta/small-mid cap resource stocks for a while but knew they were too overvalued. Banks need to correct like the resource stocks have in order to go higher. That is what I believe. Until then I will wait. Many of these resource stocks that moved up hundreds of a percent since the oil run up are now only up around 30-50%. The only thing impeding them is commodity prices. I think we all know that in 5 yrs, commodities will be MUCH more expensive...I think if commodities really overshoot to the downside this is a good time to kind of hedge dollar debasement and commodity shortages (due to huge supply cuts) for the future.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well, I don't know if you can "audit" what really "isn't there"

I would assume 50% of that is all numbers in a computer

I don't think that is going to happen anyways (or at least to the extent of a citizen getting audited by IRS) -

Too many variables involved - I mean how do you account for black budget spending etc... especially when you have to show those #'s to US citizens?

I think you don't, and even if we see something it won't be the entire picture anyways..

Also, I see them not releasing anything due to "US security" issues bc of monetary policy etc. down the line

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Well, this earnings season should tell us a little bit of what has been really happening.

It is very hard to lie about all that when companies actually get audited lol

But with the relative strength of our corp's in the USA.. I really dont see it too bad..

But to me this is just the "dump" before the pump for earnings season.. we shall see i suppose.. but im not backing down yet from breaking 9000 in a few weeks.. I just think this recent move is unsubstantiated

There will be buying for 3rd and 4th quarters, not 2nd quarters. I think I've said that thousands of times already
Watch, in a few weeks you will see, "DOW rises on expectations of 2nd half recovery" it is like clock work.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Yes, my dad has been harping on financials as well

Remember they led us into this mess, led us out (partially as of right now) and have to again lead us...

If the rumors are true, Citi should have a major blowout qtr. because of their proprietary trading that has been heating up (supposedly better than GS's)...

That would be interesting bc Citi has been getting hammered too which would complete the "contrarian" theory as well

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I heard that properties in Beverly hills are now affordable for every body.

Actually 1 million dollars can get you the mansion of your dreams.

I was curious as to how cheap 90210 had really become after your statement so I looked it up and guess what I found... for $92,352 you can have yourself a 5 bedroom 4 bath 4,093 Sq foot mansion right in the heart of Beverly hills... Heck even FHA would finance that... but your HOA fees would end up costing more per month than your mortgage payments ya know...
current defaults for 90210 zip code

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Yes that is always the headline...

Either +/- every time..

Who writes and pumps these stories anyways? You would think these "headline producers" would finally come up with something new to throw at us

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
look ... at the weekly schocastics.... they are rolling over... so we are going south from here... but first we have to get half way through earnings season... so, follow WFC... wells fargo bank... this is the sign post if you will.... when it fails to hold its secondary stock offering at $22 .. its just a day or so, before the whole markets come un-glued and we re-visit march lows.... having said that... we can just trade in this range till OCT time frame... because there is no earnings have been no earnings and jobs... what jobs... so its a foregone conclusion we are in deep doo doo... so when you smell &^%$^ go Short or buy a reverse index fund to take advantage of the decline...

link   

We like confident predictions.

Meantime, "Watch out below" -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0795e3be5008.png[/atsimg]

8113.87 -49.73 down 0.61%

Source

link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

You know what, I see what you mean, we are so used to believe that money does matter, numbers are now more valuable occurs on computer.

For some reason I still see the Federal Reserve as that big building full of gold bars from top to bottom.

I blame it on the movies I used to see as a child with robbers trying to steal all that gold.

But actually in our minds we still see the value of money as a tangible thing when actually everything done this days is all paperless.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Damn, if I had 100 g's to drop I would be all over that.

No matter how bad it gets if that place is for real in 10-20 years you are looking at least at a 1000% profit

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Yeah,

Not to mention who has all that gold that ran off from the WTC if that story is actually true...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Regardless of the good hopes of my fellow ATS members in this thread, (I hope with all my hart they are right on their views and predictions), all I see is another decline on the global markets and the US trouble getting out of the recession.

I am starting to believe that we are heading now for the “W-shaped recession.” .

I see another stimulus been rushed in not time and another recovery for the time being proving the predictions of another crash on the fall re directed.

But still not recovery that can bee measure at all.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot
look ... at the weekly schocastics.... they are rolling over... so we are going south from here... but first we have to get half way through earnings season... so, follow WFC... wells fargo bank... this is the sign post if you will.... when it fails to hold its secondary stock offering at $22 .. its just a day or so, before the whole markets come un-glued and we re-visit march lows.... having said that... we can just trade in this range till OCT time frame... because there is no earnings have been no earnings and jobs... what jobs... so its a foregone conclusion we are in deep doo doo... so when you smell &^%$^ go Short or buy a reverse index fund to take advantage of the decline...

There has to be a reason to go to the March lows...and there really are no reasons right now. People still believe things will get better. If it is slower than they previously thought, that is still better than the armageddon they felt when they thought Congress would own BAC.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Regardless of the good hopes of my fellow ATS members in this thread, (I hope with all my hart they are right on their views and predictions), all I see is another decline on the global markets and the US trouble getting out of the recession.

I am starting to believe that we are heading now for the “W-shaped recession.” .

I see another stimulus been rushed in not time and another recovery for the time being proving the predictions of another crash on the fall re directed.

But still not recovery that can bee measure at all.

I think maybe we could see a crash in fall if things fall off a cliff again when people thought things would keep getting better. But I think it is too soon. Just what I feel. I think 2010 is more propitious for a crash...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

If I just looked at stochastics for a living, I would be living in the past.

It is one piece of the puzzle, but not the whole thing.

Although, one of my favorite indicators (SKF vs. DJIA) it is not pretty and SKF is breaking technical levels and holding..

Remember though, markets are set up to hurt THE MOST AMT OF PEOPLE AT ONE TIME and it looks like they were successful at stopping out everyone again and that might just be what we needed to pull this turnaround

Remember what people were saying about the dollar 3 weeks ago.. how we were absolutely headed to destruction.. well when the public knows something so readily IT WILL NOT HAPPEN..

So there are many things to think about

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Damn, if I had 100 g's to drop I would be all over that.

No matter how bad it gets if that place is for real in 10-20 years you are looking at least at a 1000% profit

That would turn into a very bad investment choice... In a report last month I read where Mexican Nationals were buying homes in the us, to fee the drug war going on there... in places when they already took over, places like Phoenix, those problems have followed, Phoenix is now ranked as numero uno in kidnappings and home invasions... Beverly hills and greater LA is next on that list... followed closely by San Diego

[edit on 8-7-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I'm of the opinion a full recovery can not occur until failed institutions are allowed to fall. Bailouts mainly just prolong the agony - though admittedly they can potentially stimulate higher employment in the short-term, depending on how they are used.

I see far more reallocation of wealth than effective long-term stimulation going on.

Unless of course you accept the MSM 'green shoots' mantra...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

If you think buying something at a 95% discount is terrible, well then we have different ideas on investing.

Buy low sell high brother

top topics

<< 399  400  401    403  404  405 >>

join