It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 403
<< 400  401  402    404  405  406 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Interesting thought

We just might need time to "absorb" rather than to purge though..

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

true ... if you can buy low and resell at a profit... of course to you could turn that 90210 prop into a fourplex and take section 8 vouchers... maybe make some of that back... but I dont see that market coming back even after ten years time

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

If you are referring to take-overs, they potentially just spread the rot - not to mention a move towards monopolization. More & more in the hands of fewer & fewer.

I suppose if you have the right connections you get your hands on as many failed institutions as possible, then just wait for the government hand-outs. Are you really comfortable if that is what is happening? We're talking cronyism & kick-backs on a hitherto unforeseen scale!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

That is one mantra that like Brown said the media has used to gain favoritism toward the psychology of making people think that ever thing is turning around.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

If I just looked at stochastics for a living, I would be living in the past.

It is one piece of the puzzle, but not the whole thing.

Although, one of my favorite indicators (SKF vs. DJIA) it is not pretty and SKF is breaking technical levels and holding..

Remember though, markets are set up to hurt THE MOST AMT OF PEOPLE AT ONE TIME and it looks like they were successful at stopping out everyone again and that might just be what we needed to pull this turnaround

Remember what people were saying about the dollar 3 weeks ago.. how we were absolutely headed to destruction.. well when the public knows something so readily IT WILL NOT HAPPEN..

So there are many things to think about

Exactly, it does hurt the most amount of people...and most people have not been participating, so how can it hurt the most amount of people?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

What i am saying I guess is basically this.

Yes, we prob should have let them all fail, but that would cause global chaos.

So we take a hit that is going to hurt us for quite a while.. let the guys in the board room find a way to funnel all this money around to bring us back to an "equilibrium" somewhat.. then we can go back up again...

Kind of like going broke.. then going to Amscot to get a payday advance and then slowly paying them back along with "slick eddy" the loanshark etc...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
So the DOW is at 8,121.12 and falling, -42.48 right now on the live tracker... Any bets on if today will be the day the DOW drops below the 8,000 mark?

It will end where it started. Lunch hour belching . . .

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
They shouldn't have let the banks fail. They should have taken them over and sold them to smaller, healthier banks.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Yes It was a media review of how things are going in California with the bankruptcies.

Still the price you pay for property just to because the name "Beverly hills" is going to kill you at the end.

Also, when the news media went inside some of the homes, it look like they were back still in the 60s, meaning that some houses are in need of upgrading and repairs so you will have to add more money just to bring some of this homes up to day.

Now drug money will do wonders with some of this mansions.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

People are still invested - just not like before

That is why I like my theory of holding contrary long and short positions at the same time and executing at different prices (well at least my program does that) but that is another story

At the same time just because some people aren't monetarily invested, their psyche is still hurt, which I think hurts as much as getting the money pulled out of your pocket

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

sniff sniff...

what?

lol

Glad I missed the 80's... prob. would have got lost in that decade lol

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

You should see that statistics I have been compiling..

If you just sold at 1130am and bought at 200pm everyday...

It is quite interesting..

I only have 2 years so far.. but lets just say it looks like a real money machine (knock on wood)

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Yes, we prob should have let them all fail, but that would cause global chaos.

So we take a hit that is going to hurt us for quite a while.. let the guys in the board room find a way to funnel all this money around to bring us back to an "equilibrium" somewhat.. then we can go back up again...

Kind of like going broke.. then going to Amscot to get a payday advance and then slowly paying them back along with "slick eddy" the loanshark etc...

Always better to just find another source of income than to 'rebuild' on the back of borrowed money, don't you think?

I know it is not as simple as all that. But if you have a basic philosophy and stick to it, it does make a big difference. So what do you prefer? A state & crony-run economy - or dynamic capitalism?

[edit on 8/7/09 by pause4thought]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Now drug money will do wonders with some of this mansions.

That's the way to make some real money. Buy 1 gram of coc aine in Columbia---10 dollars. Sell 1 gram of coc aine in New Zealand---180 dollars.

Making 1800% profit.....

Priceless.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Commodity Futures are taking it on the chin this afternoon...

Energy
-----------------------------------PRICE CHANGE %CHANGE TIME
BRENT CRUDE FUTR (USD/bbl.) 60.800 -2.430 -3.84 12:59
GAS OIL FUT (ICE) (USD/MT) 496.500 -17.500 -3.40 12:58
GASOLINE RBOB FUT (USd/gal.) 165.660 -7.620 -4.40 12:39
HEATING OIL FUTR (USd/gal.) 153.590 -6.480 -4.05 12:39
NATURAL GAS FUTR (USD/MMBtu) 3.360 -0.069 -2.01 12:39
WTI CRUDE FUTURE (USD/bbl.) 60.430 -2.500 -3.97 12:39

GOLD 100 OZ FUTR (USD/t oz.) 905.900 -23.200 -2.50 12:40
SILVER FUTURE (USD/t oz.) 12.765 -0.455 -3.44 12:39

Good news for lower gas prices, bad news as I have intrest in a few producing wells... Sigh's

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Well seeing that the .gov really only has their hand in AIG,GM,FM,FM,42% of Citi.. although it really shouldnt be like that, it really isnt that bad IMO that is

But Id rather have that 100x over than see everything just totally drop and the USA is no longer the USA but part of the NAU or something - or in a lesser scenario just chaos in the streets, no electricity etc..

Hopefully the ends justify the means

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by stander

You should see that statistics I have been compiling..

If you just sold at 1130am and bought at 200pm everyday...

It is quite interesting..

I only have 2 years so far.. but lets just say it looks like a real money machine (knock on wood)

Very interesting. Have you made an excel sheet of it that compiled those stats?

[edit on 8-7-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Or you could sell it at $60/g in Tampa, but it is going to contain 60% salt, so your profit margin keeps on growing lol

Or you could move 19 Billion ten year notes at 3.365% hahahaha

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

*terminator 2 voice* - I have detailed files

Once it is complete I will shoot you a note..

That isnt even close though to the programs I have been writing lately and backtesting.. I cant talk about that though due to everything I have stated previously.. you can PM me though

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

On a more interesting note, you should all take a look at this statistic I will share with you all that runs at a TREMENDOUS CLIP

Someone turns on the "program" at 3:00am in the DJ Futures.. Fade that move - IMO (and I havent statistically analyzed this) but from what I ususally see 75% of the time, when you fade that move you will be filling your pockets full of a fools money - although you will need special software to analyze this because its not just like you find this info for free, but I am giving it to you for free

So dont say I have never given you all anything lol (just dont spend it all in one place!)

top topics

<< 400  401  402    404  405  406 >>

join