It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 359
<< 356  357  358    360  361  362 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Support becomes resistance from our triangle..

Notice how we keep forming these little bearish triangles..

Also remember as of yesterday, still the bear flag continues (highlighted a bear flag on a daily scale several posts ago..)

What I am looking at

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Yes the big story is the bond market already, now analyst are blaming Bernanke for creating what can become the wrong approach to save the economy.

The last few months of the printing and issuing bonds is going to come back and bite our economy in the rear end.

The predictions are that either the markets have too much liquidity due to the treasury printing presses working day and night or the collapse of the bond market as they has become nothing but worthless paper.

Even China wants US to sell bonds to them in their own currency.

Now the predictions are either inflation or a bond market collapse.

Let see what Bernanke the genius is going to do to save the economy again, because as it right now liquidity may not be the issue anymore

[edit on 9-6-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
Support becomes resistance from our triangle..

Notice how we keep forming these little bearish triangles..

Also remember as of yesterday, still the bear flag continues (highlighted a bear flag on a daily scale several posts ago..)

What I am looking at

Interesting formation highlighted

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
A trivia question: The Dow has new members. Who are they?

1) Palin Pipes
2) Cheney Furniture
3) Cisco
4) Bush Trimming & Gardening
5) Travelers
6) Ben & Tim's Stationary
7) none of the above

[edit on 6/9/2009 by stander]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Cisco and Travelers.

What do I win?

Yes I knew that off the top of my head.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by stander

Cisco and Travelers.

What do I win?

Yes I knew that off the top of my head.

You won a free cruise trip to Zimbabwe aboard the USS Ronald Reagan. It'll come handy around the time when the US economy "improves" far more than expected.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

JPMorgan has raised its forecast for fourth-quarter 2009 U.S. oil prices to $65 a barrel versus above $55 made in May, on expectations of economic recovery and seasonal factors.

For the end of next year, JPMorgan has also revised its forecast to $70 versus $60 predicted in its last monthly energy report.

Hedging horse betting JPMorgan style: Wait till the field turns for home and then go to the windows.

It looks like the oil traders don't pay too much attention to the nostradamus alchemy done in the above-mentioned financial institution.

That squirrel that likes to sneak through the kitchen window to steal my nuts is probably more reliable source of info on how much would gas cost at the end of 2010.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
There is something very strange going on. If you look at the last purchases (or maybe sells?) for financial stocks they are all huge orders and this occurred on Friday too (I don't know about Monday as I didn't look).

Last orders for BofA, Wells, JP and Citi.

BAC: 4,248,100
WFC: 2,400,500
JPM: 3,736,100
C: 3,541,200

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
There is something very strange going on. If you look at the last purchases (or maybe sells?) for financial stocks they are all huge orders and this occurred on Friday too (I don't know about Monday as I didn't look).

Huge orders relative to what?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander

It is just other stocks don't have such large orders at the end of the day numbering the millions. I am not saying anything, it is just a little weird. I wish I could see if they are selling or buying.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander

It is just other stocks don't have such large orders at the end of the day numbering the millions. I am not saying anything, it is just a little weird. I wish I could see if they are selling or buying.

The only cause I can think of is what appears under "Moving the Market."

Treasury allows 10 largest U.S. banks to repay $68 billion in TARP funds

Texas Instruments raises outlook

Treasury auction results of 3-year Notes show solid bid-to-cover, but at high yield

If the underlined is the cause for the above-average activity in the financial stock, then my wild guess is that the shares are likely being bought than sold.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Chit...I knew these off top of lil' red head as well.

Need to work on getting that life,LOL!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Forced covering is my bet. Just in time for a big market drop. I think it is the only thing moving the markets at this point.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Bucketloads of money went into buying Treasuries today between 1400 & 1500 EST.

A lot of $$ went into taking the "flat" out of the yield curve

Seems that there wasn't much left over afterwards to pump the equities, like we have seen in recent days at EOD.

Could it be that someone expects a bad T auction tomorrow??? Hmmmm....

The USD is dropping in the FX markets as I type

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

If they were expecting a bad treasury auction they wouldn't be buying treasuries. The real deal is that treasuries are tremendously oversold. Their is no real inflation as measured by demand and foriegn countries can't afford for the dollar to go much lower.

I don't think commodities will do very well in the coming weeks.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
SCOTUS has halted the Chrysler Sale to Fiat!!!!

By Patrick Oster
June 8 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. Supreme Court stayed the
asset sale Chrysler LLC planed to make as soon as 4 p.m. New
York time today to a group led by Fiat SpA, said a lawyer for
creditors challenging the transaction.

That lawyer wasn't aware of the realities. The Supreme Court didn't stay anything; it was Justice Ginsburg who put the sale briefly on hold in order to review the requirements for the Supreme Court to do what the lawyer claimed had been done.

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg ordered a temporary delay just before a 4 p.m. deadline on Monday.

Now the court has freed the automakers to complete their deal.

The opponents include a trio of Indiana pension plans, consumer groups and individuals with product-related lawsuits.

The court issued a brief, unsigned opinion explaining its action. To obtain a delay, or stay, someone must show that at least four of the nine justices find that the issue raised is serious enough to warrant hearing a full appeal and that a majority of the court will conclude the lower court decision was wrong.

"The applicants have not carried that burden," the court said.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity

Forced covering is my bet. Just in time for a big market drop. I think it is the only thing moving the markets at this point.

Forced covering? Why would this point to a big market drop? Covering is when shorts take their bets off the table...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

reply to post by redhatty

If they were expecting a bad treasury auction they wouldn't be buying treasuries. The real deal is that treasuries are tremendously oversold. Their is no real inflation as measured by demand and foriegn countries can't afford for the dollar to go much lower.

I don't think commodities will do very well in the coming weeks.

Even though I am worried about the dollar, I do think the inflation trade is very crowded. Everyone thinks that there is going to be a lot of inflation. And we all know what happens when trades are crowded. At least usually.

By the way, the Fed would be buying treasuries if they think there won't be a lot of outside demand. That is the whole point. If there were constantly good treasury auctions then yields would be kept down.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Forced covering? Why would this point to a big market drop? Covering is when shorts take their bets off the table...

Because that is how the game is played. Once everyone has been forced to give up their positions they begin to bear fruit. I know several peoplewho went bankrupt shorting Amazon when it was trading at 300-400. They were absolutely right about their Amazon's business prospects but got wiped out before they would have made huge money on there shorts. Just like when the last long has sold (metaphorically speaking) the market begins to rally.

top topics

<< 356  357  358    360  361  362 >>

join