It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge tosses Neb. legislator's lawsuit against God, saying defendant never received notice

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
how can you sue something/someone that doesn't exist or been proven to exist? come on. maybe tomorrow i'll find a lawyer and sue the grays everyone is talking about but how can they be but served with the papers when we can't find them? come on lets get realistic

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

I'm not disagreeing with you.
But the courts acknowledge the existence of god when they make you swear on the bible.
So I guess they can't dismiss the case on that ground.
Hence they had to dismiss on the grounds that they couldn't find god to serve the suit.

The whole thing is a funny mix of religious existentialism.
In Nebraska of all places.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Billy Connelly starred in a movie on this very subject back in 2001. he plays an ex lawyer who decides to sue God for the loss of his his fishing boat struck by lightning, which was judged to be an act of God. he calls on all the leaders of the world faiths as His representatives on earth. hilarious a must see.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Sue God

but a major flaw would be that if he sued god, since god is everywhere he has an alibi to be somewhere else or everywhere else

in addition to being at the crimes scenes

also the reason that god didnt show up is because he knows everything so he already knew he would win and didnt want to waste the time, besides do you know how awkward it would be to have all those people talking to a burning bush, and jsut think of the fire hazards.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

If God has an alibi let us hear it.
Pretty weak hiding behind a technicality.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

God: Your honor, I was.....uh...busy smiting George Bush with an economic collapse. He did after all blame me for making him president....

I was nowhere near the scene of the crime.

Judge: Thank you, your omnipotence. You may step down.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
just imagine all the christians outsid with thier banners we love you god

and god comming outside and dancing on a car to show the fans how great they are ... wait that was michael jackson ............. still funny when you make god do it in your head

wait thinking about it, if god is everywhere at once, and knows everything that makes him both witness and accessory to every crime ever committed

he saw/knew all about it (witness) but made no action to stop the crime or bring the culprit to justice (accesory)

wow his deffinatley gona get a long jail term

murder of millions, animal crulety and murder, terrorist like threats, destroying whole cities, encitment to commit violence (crusades and any other holy war styleing) accessory to every crime ever committed, plagerism (pretend budist quotes were his and jesus's)

he cant even say the devil made him do it, as he made the devil in the first place

i hope he doesnt get gang raped in the showers though lets face his vengance wont be pretty

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy

God: Your honor, I was.....uh...busy smiting George Bush with an economic collapse. He did after all blame me for making him president....

I was nowhere near the scene of the crime.

He smites GW and it is the rest of us who suffer.
And he's present at the scene of every crime.

Guilty as charged,
And the lawyers too.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
so it really comes down to which issue is held more viable in a court of law...

that he was at the crime scene or that he wasnt, because in fact he was at both

and a technicality is a perfectly well placed argument, and in truth everyone hides behind every argument whenever they debate

so your accusation is not valid as a integrated comeback and should not be acknowledged

try again something good so i have to actually think next time.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I understand how people could laugh from this, but it's a totally serious subject and it deals with knowledge and ignorance of the American courts and billions of inhabitants on this planet that worship this "God" and don't even know how God functions nor do they consider God's attributes, instead they use God to beat others, to deny others, when really the omnipresent, omniscient God is the others, is the everything. In essence we are God and we are responsible for ourselves.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Force Majeure

Wouldn't a judge who worships God have to recuse himself from the case?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Did they mention anything about contempt charges, or frivolous charges for the plaintiff and his whacky lawyer???

Oh, they went about this the wrong way! All the plaintiff had to do was get George Bush to mediate a $$ deal with GOD. He says he talks to him all the time.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Just so there isn`t a monetary fine. If there was, beings we are all a part of God, we would get stuck with paying for it. Hey, just tack it onto the bailout bill.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I can speak on the behalf of god being that I was created by him and I work for him. Ehmm the almightly lord thy god created all that is all that was and all that ever will be. That being said the lord thy god almighty will hear this mans case if he brings the case in front of god in the court of god in heaven or on earth.

Of chorse It might help your case a little bit if you have some representation on your behalf mainly a good word from someone like me, christ wasnt treated or welcomed with open arms when he was on the earth either.

And for the record Judgement day was the day during the period of time the doomsday vault was opened earlier this year all were already judged along with the earth. Many would say then if that were the case there would be a rapture.

Judgement day was the day the whole earth was judged if you were part of the decends of atom and eve and depending on what tribe you were part of if it was the tribe of levi or another tribe all books were opened on febuary 20th 2008.

Books meaning such as all those tied to or associated decendents of the book of John or the Book of Job exc exc. Including decendents from each tribe. Sense the commandment's have been broken a second time there is a high unliklyness that any sin or evil will walk the earth soon.

God loves the earth he is not about to whipe out mankind or all that is and ever was and ever will be over a few people he can easily remove with the swipe of a hand. That being said if you were part of the masonic order, a memeber of a secret society, one of the athist's, or one of the people that has rebelled or gone to war aganist the angels of heaven that includes me by the way you were already judged on judgement day.

When you die you will go before the gate keeper of heaven where ada will read if you have any place in the book of life those that do not or are not written will not be allowed into the kingdom of heaven. That does not mean that you are not one of god's people. It means you dont have a place at this time the kingdom of heaven is forever more then likely god will send you back to earth until you learn why you didnt get into heaven the first time.

Unless you activly went out of your way to rebelled against god you have nothing to fear.

I have not sense I have been to ats taken any time at all to speak on the behalf of god or talk about religion at all. But alot of people that were there on judgement day already know what's going to take place god was serious when he said there would be no where to hide on judgement day.

And if you dont believe it already came and went just ask god for a answer, if I am telling you the truth or not but then that would contradict what this story's all about suing god for what? What exactly can you a creation of god offer the god who created the universe and when exactly did this man somehow become over the authority of god?

To those that dont believe it already came and went I can assure you it did I would restake the pictures I posted on here in 2004 on the same line of creditablity. I said also not that long ago that the alien issue was going to start to come out more and it has.

Take my word for it when I tell you the one thing you dont want is the personal attention of the god who created the universe. It only means one of 2 things you have done something against god and god has come to you to clear things up to let you know who's in charge or god has a problem with you interfearing in one of his plan's either way its not something you want. Right now the god who created the universe is furious at the people of the earth and why shouldnt he be.

You broke his commandment's, this is the only nation on the face of the planet that ever passed a law to premote sex with animals, Corruption is rampet everywhere in the world, people are killing there newborn children all over the world we could go on and on. And thats another thing I would say to this man who tried to sue god saying "God has threatend the world with terror and judgement" exc exc.

Its god's planet not yours and not mine either perhaps if we as people stopping sining in the eyes of god then maybe some of our problems will straiten out. On the other hand I think gods about to deal a death blow here soon to the people who think there running things.

Viva la france.

Falcon

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

"Judge tosses Neb. legislator's lawsuit against God,..."

Timely thread!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join