It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do women break up with nice guys?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
What gives? I get all dressed up, put on a smiley face and be at my best behavior, but for what? To get dumped again?

Why can't women settle for what they have! Always looking for something better. I was nice to every last woman I ever dated and still they dump me.

What the hell was that for? Am I supposed to be rude and stare at her chest?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well being a woman I will give you a little insight. You might of done something to remind them of their ex. Or you might of came on a little to strong. Some women only look at the surface of things stay away from them. Others are only looking for a good time and do not want to be tied down in a relationship. Some women are still looking for their ex to come back. With some women no matter what you do they will always look for something better.

Don't give up you will find the woman you are looking for. Just do not rush into a relationship because you are lonely. Been there done that not a good ending. You may feel like you are in a position to have a relationship, but it might not be the right time.

Do not be rude be yourself some women can tell if you are not being yourself. Just relax it will one day hit you like a ton of bricks.

I do not know if this helped you but good luck.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
What gives? I get all dressed up, put on a smiley face and be at my best behavior, but for what? To get dumped again?

Put on s smiley face? best behaviour? Sounds like you were faking it.

Used car salesmen are nice.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
yeah I agree riley...

As soon as I saw the title, I was like

1st stop generalising...

Nice guys = boring and in denial. Maybe nice guys think they are nice but they are actually in denial and are not nice guys... women aren't stupid and will see the car saleman routine very quickly.

2nd just be yourself... and don't categorise yourself as a 'nice guy'

I don't want nice... I want interesting and humorous... get it?

NICE ... I don't even buy nice things when they are sale...

I pay top dollar for the BEST

I hope you get what I am saying here?

Nice shows you have a low self esteem, you are miminmising your attributes...

Where is orangetom? Get him in here to give this man some advice

cheers

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
...totally nice guys turn me off...I like to be able to do some things alone...it's all the balance of being nice and not letting a woman take control...know when to stand your grounds and never let yourself be trampled on...but, have a lil confidence and dominant side also!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Women are the most fickle fake creatures running on the planet. They want honesty, sincerity, kindness, caring, and blah blah blah. It's all bull *snip*!

They want some slime ball that they can futilely try and change, giving them some sense of having a project. All the while the guy treats them like crap, they love him more and more.

The reason? Sadly the reason is the worse a man treats his lady the more she tries to make him like her. It's sick disturbing and wrong. Its a self demeaning behavior that women have that while it destroys their self worth it for some god knows reason also instills security in them.

Be nice to a girl, she has no reason to try. You have been conquered and so she will move on to some dirt-bag that she can try and change into you. Be polite and respectful to a woman and she will feel that shes trying too hard and will back off, which will make you want to try more and more for her affections which in turn will push her away more and more.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Utter nonsense. Women are not fools and know very well that the "nice guy routine" is just another routine. I mean you "nice guys" have even admitted the niceness is an act. Next you'll be whining about how women don't give pity sex for when you start crying like little boys. [youtube even has a special club for these guys.. and it's not even satire!
]

Desperate, manipulative and pathetic is not sexy.. and it certainly isn't nice.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by riley]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
i am bored by nice guys.
so just be yourself.

i once dated a really nice guy, but he just talked about himself, so i couldn.t deal with him anymore.

i don.t wanted to be treated like crap,
there has to be a balance.
there must be something adventurous in the relationship for me and something i could hold on.

have you ever asked the girls why they run away?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Dude women like men who dont like them. That is dating 101. I know it seems heartless but it was the truth. I too am a nice guy and quite good looking if I must say but because I was the nice guy I always got dumped. One day I said enough is enough. I would meet a girl. I wouldnt pick up the phone. I would rarely call back. I would be with more than one girl and made sure that the girls knew and you know what? I couldnt get rid of women for nothing after that. Its nature man its the thrill of the chase. Its the same thing when you chase money when you get it and its to easy its like oh well..big deal. Same with women. Good Luck.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
do you really think women want men who don.t like them?
this is crap! sorry

how can a thing like love exist if men and women don.t like each other?

guess you are a bit dissapointed about your success or unsuccess in dating?
if you really want to be together with a girl seriously you shouldn.t offically cheat (dating other girls while dating her) and just be yourself

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Sadly it's true, perhaps not that a man can keep a girl only if he doesn't like her. But the truth in this statement is if the woman thinks that they are in danger of loosing the guy.

In reality girls which would you prefer...

The guy who dotes on your every need, takes your feelings and emotions into consideration, buys you flowers, tries to make you feel special every day

OR

The guy who doesn't seem to need you, is kinda rough around the edges, could really care less who you are or what your needs are, isn't abusive verbally or physically but also doesn't put up with you whining about every little thing?

The truth is, the second guy is the one that a woman will pick every time, the reason is that the second guy unlike the first has confidence, confidence enough to know that he doesn't need you. That's what makes the second guy attractive over the first guy.

The first guy a typical woman will feel is probably gay or too needy. The first guy obviously doesn't have confidence enough in himself so he tries too hard. Sure if the second guy buys you flowers it would floor you, why? Cause it would be unexpected. If the first guy did it, it would look needy and like he was begging for your attentions.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
here is my advice/experience

woman do not like guys that try too hard... sometimes its okay to just be yourself.. no dressing up no fake smiles.

we are complicated i know..
i am personally turned off by someone not beng themselves. be genuine!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
whatukno this is the good guy bad guy game

the second guy described by you is definitly the bad guy
but i guess and hope women are also learning.

for sure i want and deserve to be treated as queen.
which doesn.t mean that i want a boring guy an oportunistic guy who does everything i want.
i want to be surpriesed
let me be a bad girl who can have 10 at each finger and be a bit of a bad guy to be interesting
but also stick to me than i will stick to you

if a guy plays bad guy and tries to put me on the long leash and let me starve
i def. won.t be interested any more. no thank you, next one please
which doesn.t mean that he might not be good enough for a hot night

if he is good looking and promising …

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light
have you ever asked the girls why they run away?

They're away...

Asking beforehand "why will you run away" is not smarter!

Sorry
I had to!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
when i was in high school i was the "nice guy"

there were women all around me and they always too quickly discounted my flirtation and eagerness to please and i ended up becoming a friend and nothing more. you pretty much know where you stand with a woman when they start confiding in you about some other dude that they like.

at the time it made me angry but eventually i found what i thought was a great girl. she and i ended up getting married but all too quickly it fizzled out and we split.

i moved out of state shortly after and reinvented myself while i was focusing on work and on myself.

i moved back and suddenly i had become a "player"

at first it was nice having all the attention without the commitment etc but eventually i grew tired of it. it wasn't sincere. it wasn't me. i was luring girls in with my sense of humor and charm and just as quickly using them and sending them on their way. i felt horrible and then i realized that i was being that way because i still had a lot of anger toward my ex wife, which i took out on these other females by using them. that's when i decided to reinvent myself once more.

i decided to make amends where i could, let go of things where i couldn't and just be myself. it's worked out a lot better, as i've been able to find a balance between the two extremes and i don't have to worry about losing the good qualities that make me who i am.

currently i've been in a relationship for 5 years and in a way i've gotten what was due for having used women so often before because my gf is by far the most insane, irrational creature this planet has ever produced and she snuck it in on me because when we met she was completely different.

so now i guess i'm learning lessons in how bad not being yourself can hurt you and those around you as well

i guess the point of what i'm trying to say is just be yourself and be patient and you'll find the right girl. i'd personally rather wait 100 years for the right girl than to be with 100 women who were wrong for me.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
So women like guys who don't like them huh? Now I can see why some guys turn gay. How am I supposed to tell a girl I like her if she wants me not to like her?

This is whack guys.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
no you just have to be yourself and hope the girl is also being herself

if you can be true to yourself and she can be true to herself while being true to each other then everything will be ok

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Why do men complain about what needy, nutso, irritating things women are and always go for the most clearly needy, nutso, self-absorbed women?

When men try to be "nice guys", it usually shows as either superficial or pandering. Neither is attractive. But I don't like men who don't call, belittle me (especially in public), cheat on me, or don't pay attention to what I need or want.

What's most attractive (to me, a lot of my female friends think my taste in men is wierd) is a guy who is a little rough around the edges, makes it clear that he's interested in both my brain and my body, makes me laugh (and yes, really, that's the most important – and I can have a pretty raunchy sense of humor), and sometimes shows me the sweet tender side that he doesn't show the rest of the world.

Example: biker dude who dotes on his little niece. That is just really sexy.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak

Why can't women settle for what they have! Always looking for something better. I was nice to every last woman I ever dated and still they dump me.

What the hell was that for? Am I supposed to be rude and stare at her chest?
chicks are weird. and i dont think it works the way your explaining it

basically if all women were looking for something better, all those rich people would have all the hot chicks.

journalist and politicians usually have hot chicks.

however, most importantly there a light years of diffrent people, its really weird. i would think lots of chicks would wanna hook up with me.

but they dont, they go out with some weird dude.

but its weird because i think that god or someone has some purpose for these people i dont know what. because its like they are robots or something. just here to replicate, drink beer and work and not live an interesting life. heck half the time when people have money they dont do anything cool at all. but just do nothing.

your best bet is not to meet chicks online, or in the mall, public places or anything of that nature. ever since non compliant humanoid laborers took over they have these sophisticated orchestrated networks of humanoids that just sit around on narc on people.

so go to a club or bar and meet cheeks, or clone your favorite ones.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Take it for what its worth but women are by and large not worth the hassle. Those ones who don't want anythign to do with a decent average guy are doing this because its not exciting to them while they are young. They want the bad boy for the excitement, but then in a decade or two when they have tired of that and their biological clock starts ticking they will come back around to you and the best thing you can do then is to tell them to go get lost; if you weren't good enough for them then they sure as heck shouldn't be good enough for you now. Seriously folks learn to live free and single and your life will be far better off than being cobbled up in some retarded relationship where when its all said and done they can claim half of everything you own and dock your pay for the rest of your life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join