It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC World News - Unidentified Objects

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Aww, you're welcome Bluebird. Though I have to admit, this footage should have been in the hands of someone with more tech knowledge than I have--we would've gotten to this point long before now.

I uploaded the VOB file to the recommended SendSpace site. Here is the link: www.sendspace.com... I also attempted to upload the AVI version, but I received an error message "file too large". The VOB is good, though--it should be significantly clearer if you download it from SendSpace rather than viewing it on YouTube.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I have to say paper Planes this is the best unexplained footage I've ever seen. I've been raving about it and even my partner who is a hardcore skeptic, has no thoughts on what it could be! Hope you/we get to the bottom of it.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Treacherous

That first part really is quite strange, isn't it? I am afraid this may remain in the "unknown" category, though. It is certainly interesting to ponder.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Thanks for that paperplanes

After watching it, I still think it's most likely a pigeon, but as you say paperplanes, it's unlikely we'll ever know for sure.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

I just cannot see how that is birds, really I can't! Its so fast and slick. Pigeons are docile and well, all over the place. Even my partner who is a big alien/ufo skeptic doesnt think they're birds. Which is a big admission from him! But hey, maybe like Paper Planes says, we might never know...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

Thanks for the heads up paperplanes

Has it been established whether or not the scene behind the newscaster is an actual window or a green-screen backdrop ?.... i would lean towards it being the latter.

It would be very instructive to have a photograph of the cameras placement on the building/roof .If we known what height the camera was mounted etc perhaps we could have a little more fun speculating .

I think it was Anonymous that thought he recognized some of the buildings in the screen shot , a Financial House ??? i must reread some posts......... hope its only a few pages back !

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Yes, someone mentioned that they worked or lived in that area of London and recognized the buildings. Apparently the "Platt" blue bar behind the man being interviewed refers to a Platt Bank (if I recall correctly, though it may have been another type of financial business), and the poster said that it must have been the Platt building which is in that area of London. The man being interviewed was ostensibly a Platt employee--the discussion was regarding the economy. You can actually see people and cars moving at the lower area, and smoke coming off of a building or two. It does look to be an actual window to me, and that would be supported by the ATS poster who recognized the area. I suppose they could have filmed from the Platt building window and then replayed it as a greenscreen backdrop, but that seems unlikely.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Treacherous

I honestly don't think people give pigeons enough credit. I'm afraid I'd also have to strongly disagree with them being docile and all over the place. Perhaps the pigeons are more laid back where you are from, but over here the pigeons are skittish, agile and fast, especially if they have room to go into a dive. They are actually very accomplished fliers, and will give any bird a run for it's money.

I think it's easy to perceive them as being a bit slow since most people only encounter them near or on ground level, and they are bound to be slower when in close proximity to obstacles and the ground. In fact, pigeons are great survivors, and extremely successful and adaptable birds - look in almost any city around the world and you will see them. If they were not fast and agile, predators would decimate their populations, and possibly even drive them to extinction.

I know they've got a bad reputation, but I don't think they deserve much of it, so I'm just standing up for them since they can't defend themselves here

I would suggest that the next logical step to take in this case would be to show the film to some avian experts and experienced pigeon fanciers, and see what they make of it...

paperplanes - might I suggest you present your video here: www.birdforum.net...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
With the clearer footage from paperplanes, the last two anomalies do appear more ......... dare i say it .......... bird like , after re watching it a good few times .
For me , if two of the three now appear bird like , the first is probably the same phenomena.
To the OP , you`ve got my respect for your persistence and thoroughness.

You also probably learned a great deal about you P.C etc......

Thanks for putting in the work.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I created a thread for the enquiry on the website you suggested, C.H.U.D. -- I'll check back periodically for replies today.

UmbraSumus, I too believe that the last little anomolies are probably birds. They move in a slower and almost gliding fashion and seem to have a different appearance than the first object(s?). With the first, more prominent objects, I don't know. Is that two objects or one being followed by its reflection? They move in perfect unison if they are indeed two separate entities. But then, I don't know what environmental factor would cause that type of reflection to appear.

[edit on 8/11/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Nice one paperplanes, i downloaded the vob and tho, as you said, its still not 100% quality, it still clear enough to show that the first objects do not go behind the distant building, but carry on.

Birds imo, probably which have perched on a ledge a few floors above on the same building the interviewee is sat in, and given their close proximity seem large and hyper speed when swooping down. Appreciate your efforts, well chased sir!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well done paperplanes!!!

This is not a oneliner

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
A couple of birds catched with a trail due to the high latency video cameras of the time. Sorry...

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join