It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC World News - Unidentified Objects

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
PLEASE READ THIS OP BEFORE YOU POST A REPLY!

I initially posted the links in the 14 October thread (page 169), but I am sure they'll get buried with that thread moving as quickly as it is. Here is a copy/paste of the original posting:

"For those who didn't read my post earlier, here it is:

Was anyone by chance watching BBC World News on BBC America around 25 minutes ago? I was watching an interview with a man whose back was to a window in London, and I swear I saw two large silver objects speed past the window, in front what appears to be a city center. They were moving so quickly that they were only a flash. I have DVR, so I recorded it and re-watched it several times. I don't know what they were. I've never seen any aircraft travel that quickly. A few minutes later, another smaller, slower object flew past in the same general area. I don't have a disc burner for DVDs, so I have no way of capturing it from my DVR and transferring it to my computer. I am going to get my digital camera later this morning (it is at a separate property) and see if I can somehow videotape the TV screen. I don't know if it'll work, but I'll try.

Anyone else see this? I know I've been a bit snarky about the 14 October fiasco, and I'm not prepared to suggest a connection between this and Blossom Goodchild's prediction, but I will say that this significantly out of the ordinary.

-----

I apologize for the delay. I had to drive out and get the camera, video tape the screen and upload the videos to YouTube. Here are the links. The first two links are to two different captures of the same incident. The third link is to a separate incident filmed approx. 3 minutes later. In both incidents, the objects move from the upper left area of the screen to the lower right area. In the first two captures, the objects are obvious. In the third capture (the second incident) it is significantly harder to spot. It is still visible but much smaller or further from the window and moving slower. Here are the three links.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

---------------------------------"

Now, does anyone have any idea what these might be? If any of you in the London area have seen something similar or can provide a mundane explanation, please do reply here. The upper left of the screen said that the video was "LIVE London - 12:35 Local Time" (12:38 local time for the second incident).

[edit on 14/10/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Could it be possible that it was the BBC idea of a joke. The whole 14th October thing has got huge coverage and I wonder if some tech was having a laugh?? The interview may be Live but that doesn't mean the background feed is?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
i claim this disinformation
and fake.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SadisticRabbit

Huge coverage? i don't see anything about it on the major news websites

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I think that they are using bluescreen tech. here so that picture in his background could be prerecorded, and just maybe an animation instead of still, and those streaks could be birds who had their movement speed increased because of a animation speed up.

Best regards.

Loke.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Tell us how this is disinformation?

Would love to know how you think that.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
They could have been birds. Maybe pigeons. It is migrating season so I think it is a logical theory. I tried pause/playing the video to get a clear image but it was always a blur. It could be something else for sure.

link   
If you look at the bottom left of the first video you can see a third object fly past as well.

link   

Originally posted by The Dave
reply to post by SadisticRabbit

Huge coverage? i don't see anything about it on the major news websites

Strange as I saw a story on it on Sky news last night and it's on the radio this morning.. pretty big coverage if Sky had a story on it.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The background image may not be live, but it isn't static from what we have heard of the original.

Any way you can get the HD version on your computer paperplanes?

At the least, pause and zoom to take stills?

[edit on 14-10-2008 by seenitall]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The jet or stationary picture idea was discussed in the original thread. These were my replies:

1: I initially thought they might just be jets, but they do seem to be moving rather strangely and I don't know how common it is to see high-speed jets flying near the buildings in London. Then, with the second incident added to it, I just don't know. I'm baffled. Maybe those familiar with London can tell us if they've seen something like this before.

2: Look, I'll be the first to try to find a mundane explanation for something. I thought it might be jets at first, or that the background was actually stationary picture. I rewound and watched the bottom areas and you can actually see people and cars moving below and smoke coming off of the top of one of the taller buildings. It is definitely not a picture background.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Why is this disinformation? Where do you get your information from? That is a pretty big conclusion to jump to don't you think?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by seenitall

I do not have a disc burner to transfer the footage from my DVR/TV system to my computer. Is there another way to do this? If so, I'll gladly do it. The best I could do with my embarrassingly low tech skills is videotape the TV screen. It isn't the best, I know, but I don't know what else to offer here. I have the footage on my DVR player in case someone knows of a way to get it to the computer.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I wonder why the ratings and comment of this suppose "UFO" clips are disable...

Not a one liner

link   
Im gonna say its a techie having a laugh! but i will still star ya for having a good eye!

Why was you recording the news?

[edit on 14-10-2008 by mrman81]

link   
if you click 'high quality' on youtube it's a bit better, the objects are clearly metallic and have a fluid motion.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Also if you notice, the sound the objects make when they fly past can be heard again at the end of the clip.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
If you watch the second video in the link you will notice a PLAY icon come up on the screen just before the two objects appear, this may indicate super imposed graphics over the city backdrop.
If you pause the video, you can see that the objects are transparent and you can see the building through the images of the object(possibly super imposed images?.
Just my 2cents worth.

OR
they are two UFO's that appear on MSM and nobody has pointed it even though it was LIVE news....... until now. ATS, you heard here first.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Loke.

if u pause the video, you can clearly see the objects are discs, and silver, and not birds, either this is cgi or it is an electromagnetically propelled craft, either ours or ET in origin.

so unless the news company themselves faked it for a joke as someone said, it is one of our craft, or an ET.

def not a bird

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

What's the model of your recorder? Maybe we can help figure something out. Do you have a USB port or something?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join