It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC World News - Unidentified Objects

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gazlaw

If you look at the bottom left of the first video you can see a third object fly past as well.

You're right--I didn't catch that one. Good eye.

ThePowerOfOne: The ratings and comments and everything else is disabled because I want the video to be discussed here rather than on Youtube. I do not want to have to flip between this website and YouTube to keep up with the discussion. It really isn't a problem, though, if it is really important to you that they are instead enabled.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

Good find paperplanes; The objects are very interesting, to say the least. Glad you made a dedicated thread on this. Now you have me watching BBC while I do my sheetrock

Perhaps we can persuade Internos into doing an analysis on it?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
For those who asked, I have a Dish Satellite DVR recorder that recorded the footage for my TV (that also produced the "Play/info" screen and any extra blue bars you see in the videos). The digital camera I used is just a Canon Powershot.

I know, it's all terribly advanced and way over all of your heads

[edit on 14/10/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperplanes

Originally posted by gazlaw

If you look at the bottom left of the first video you can see a third object fly past as well.

You're right--I didn't catch that one. Good eye.

ThePowerOfOne: The ratings and comments and everything else is disabled because I want the video to be discussed here rather than on Youtube. I do not want to have to flip between this website and YouTube to keep up with the discussion. It really isn't a problem, though, if it is really important to you that they are instead enabled.

Good to know then...I thought this clip was from a random person.

I'll stared and flagged you now

Forgot to add that I just scrolled down and watch the clips, I did not read the OP my mistake I'll read it now.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by ThePowerOfOne]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I think the 'play' icon is on Paperplanes DVR... Weird images though either way!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
certainly strange, but I am pretty certain I have seen similar things occour on other BBC backdrops. I never thought anything about it till now. But I'm sure a quick call to the BBC would help.
Anyone work for them?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I just watched the clips. I am a video editor with 22 years experience. In my opinion the video is a fake. Planes going too fast for their size. Downward angle would send them into the ground, and it just looks like CGI.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Dave
reply to post by SadisticRabbit

Huge coverage? i don't see anything about it on the major news websites

Or anywhere else.
Just here.

Anyway, yes, I was watching BBC World News, but I don't recall seeing anything like that.
Then again, it's difficult to determine when exactly was the "half an hour ago", because the time of your post does not correspond to my time zone (CET) - and I don't know which time zone it does correspond to.

EDIT: Sorry, I see now that the posting time corresponds to the UTC.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
One odd thing about it is they seem to disappear before they've left the frame?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
At first I thought they might be birds,but after seeing the 3rd video,the lone object moves to fast for it to be a bird.It moved from the top of the screen and then right while going downwards and towards the buildings. At a speed that seems to fast for it to be a bird.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by icybluebeing]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Oh wait maybe not, on the high quality version they actually appear to go behind that building, which is perhaps more interesting, we don't have anything that can travel that fast as far as i know?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The weather in london today has been overcast,to my eyes the clip shows a clear blue sky in the background.i think we have a prankster at work here.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Now, does anyone have any idea what these might be?

you mean those birds? flying past the camera, that is shooting outdoor footage?

is this a joke?

has everything become a flying saucer from outer space?

way to set the investigation movement back several decades.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

well all hoaxes are FAST moving objects that when slowed down or seen in normal speed are too blurry to tell what they are

also the speed limits your eyes to how long you can see it and judge if it fits in with the rest of the video, as in, limits how long you can compare if it is as real as it's suroundings

this is simple manipulation.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by schism85

dude people have been freaking out over this oct 14 crap for a while now...
people will do anything to prolong it, people who do this for a living *make fake ufos* have been SALVATING for today, today is their day and you bet they'll jump on it

people are desperate to beleive what goodchild said, and that's obvious look at all the threads just for her and look how many pages in the one their using now,

therefor it is NOT too farfetched to say this video could be a FAKE, sorry.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Look at the third clip and tell me its a bird.

Edit: On second thought in high quality it seems to 'bounce', like a bird would.

However, it probably is a joke by BBC, because they knew about the 14th thing.

Hopefully we can get some experts on the case.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by seenitall]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by just theory
Oh wait maybe not, on the high quality version they actually appear to go behind that building, which is perhaps more interesting, we don't have anything that can travel that fast as far as i know?

Modern military Jet fighters can fly well over twice the speed of sound. At that speed, and as close as those objects are in the video, you would only hear a sonic boom and see nothing.

Yes I'm a new person on ATS...however that doesn't make me an idiot who was just born 3 days ago. (Not implying anyone else is one either)

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Personally i do not think its a techie screwing around. BBC is a serious news network and they can be held accounted for by showing disinformation.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by feydrautha

Now, does anyone have any idea what these might be?

you mean those birds? flying past the camera, that is shooting outdoor footage?

is this a joke?

has everything become a flying saucer from outer space?

way to set the investigation movement back several decades.

Did you actually bother reading the OP? I've clearly stated that I don't know what these are, and that they might very well be terrestrial objects--hence the request for replies from anyone in the London area who has seen similiar objects or has a mundane explanation to provide. Look, I've been a bit of an #$^hole to people who were spouting this 14 October thing and UFOs in particular (though granted not as much of an jerk as you're being), but this caught me by surprise. I posted the video footage for anyone and everyone to view and dissect. I do not have any tech experience and I can't provide anything more than I've already given. I hope that someone will be able to slow down the footage and analyze it, as I just don't have the skills to do so myself. You might want to bother actually reading someone's post before you launch into another attack.

[edit on 14/10/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

Great find... probaly green screen no?
What was the news broadcast about?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join