It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC World News - Unidentified Objects

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Any word from BBC Paperplanes?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
i dont see how they could of faked that one. first, the object in the right top corner of the video moved in a downward motion going in between the buildings. now at that distance , the buildings are a ways back. id say three or four city blocks. for it to be birds , no cause , that far away you would hardly notice them. also birds do not travel that fast from one building to the next. second, the object went from a downward motion to a horizontal motion. how can you fake an object that goes between buildings in a video. i do not believe this to be a fake. im curious of what that was. i sat and watched it a dozen times. that one is weird. peace.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
For what it's worth, if it was a prank by the BBC (and I'm not saying it was or wasn't), it seems highly disrespectful to the man being interviewed. After all, with all the commotion in the background, whatever he's saying seems totally uninteresting by comparison.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I apologize for not posting here in the past few days; I have found it impossible to visit ATS due to being occupied elsewhere. I have, however, been working on getting the footage. As far as actually copying it from my Dish DVR, that seems to be an impossibility. I have been in touch with both Dish Network and a few techs at Best Buy, where I purchased my DVD recorder. According to them, my Dish box is not compatible with a DVD recorder. I have tried different connections between the two, but to no avail. I have also called the BBC and an archive in London which houses all of the BBC recordings. It's been back and forth between the two, with contradictory answers as to whether or not a viewer can purchase a recording of World News America. I was given a directive on Friday and intend to follow up during business hours on Monday. I realize that to some of you it sounds a bit silly to go to all of this trouble, but I would hate to see this thread die without getting a final answer.

The BBC has still not returned my email.

After reviewing the video captures further, particularly in QuickTime frame-by-frame, I think that the third video is likely a bird. As it comes into view on the right, I think I can see a bit of wing motion. I can't be certain, but at the moment that is my best guess. The first two captures of the larger (closer?) objects is a different case. Those look very unusual to me--long, metallic and flat--and the movement is strange. It is easier to see this with the original video on my TV (all the more reason to acquire the recording from BBC!).

I will keep you all updated.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

Thanks for the update paperplanes, it's good to know you are still pursuing this. I for one am interested to see what comes of it (if anything).

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Thanks for taking the time to update paperplanes

Originally posted by paperplanes
Those look very unusual to me--long, metallic and flat--and the movement is strange.

I hope I'm not pointing out the obvious here, but pigeons do have a very distinctive metallic sheen to their feathers, especially around the shoulders and neck area.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SadisticRabbit

i have share the thought that it's a little playful fun/techniques of media

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Nicollissa]

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Nicollissa]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hey paperplanes - any chance you could take a picture of the back of your DVR box so we can see what ports are available? I really don't think there is much more we can do until we can get a look at some high quality video footage - and I don't think we can rely on the BBC to do much either.

It may be possible to stream a video feed through an RS-232 (serial) port using some sort of emulation software - it's a very long shot but it may be a possibility? If we can somehow get a bit stream going between a PC and the box...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

This is to the person who told about this event on BBC...I too watched that news broadcast, as did another person in my house...we both thought it was ufo's as well.You're not alone in your thought on this.I know what I saw.And,the anchor man certainly seemed unknowing of the event taking place behind him.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I think it's entirely possilbe,that these little streaks were just one of the BBCs subliminal mind tricks. They use NLP and all sorts of mind trickery,so small streaking images that most people wouldn't have even seen,seems a little suspicious to me. They know what they put on our screens,and it's probably why ol' matey up there's getting the run around.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Not sure what to make of those videos but since we're on the subject of mysterious objects. I"d like to know if anyone here had an idea of what the object is on this video that i posted on YouTube:

www.youtube.com...

I used a Sony digital camera attached to a telescope

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
There have been a number of suggestions regarding an explanation for this video . I have this to say . I watch BBC news 24 a hell of a lot, because I am part of a family business and I like to be ahead of the game when it comes to things like changes in law , taxes , and so on and so forth. BBC is a great source for updates to those things, and so I have had alot of expirience of sitting there for hours checking out the breaking news on my days off , and generaly geeking it up when they do a technology/science bit. I can safely say that what is seen in this video is not a group of pigeons , or any other kind of winged animal. Nor are they civilian aircraft of any sort. I have seen alot of passing pidgeons and gulls on those background screens, and they just do NOT look like that.
Its not likely to be a civil aircraft , because they dont move in formation like that , in fact they have to be a certain distance apart, and where flight over london is concerned , they would NEVER be that damned close to the ground. Now I dont know if the background shot was OF london. I am not sure what the newscast was about , it could have been another city , but if it was london, as I said , no way where those any civil aircraft.
One point to make though , is that the sound that you hear as they pass would not have been auidible to the veiwing public , because they dont have an audio feed from the background cams , specificaly so that interveiwees dont get drowned out by incedental city sounds like traffic and mugging victims screaming out thier last breaths from the gutter, as thier lifeblood becomes one with the sewerage.
Visualy theres nothing to explain these objects , but audio says to me that this is some kinda prank... unless someone added it for effect later on, but if so all it seems to have done from my POV is to add a question of authenticity to the endless ream of questions that need asking about this incedent. More on this will be anticipated with bated breath.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
One point to make though , is that the sound that you hear as they pass would not have been auidible to the veiwing public , because they dont have an audio feed from the background cams , specificaly so that interveiwees dont get drowned out by incedental city sounds like traffic and mugging victims screaming out thier last breaths from the gutter, as thier lifeblood becomes one with the sewerage.
Visualy theres nothing to explain these objects , but audio says to me that this is some kinda prank... unless someone added it for effect later on, but if so all it seems to have done from my POV is to add a question of authenticity to the endless ream of questions that need asking about this incedent. More on this will be anticipated with bated breath.

You make one point, just one. And it's one that was brought up by a few other people and addressed already by paperplanes.

Regarding the hissing sound, I have no idea. I did not hear the noise myself until it was brought up by another ATS user.

Edit to add: I watched the video again, and I think that the sound we're hearing came from the area around the camera rather than from the TV. That would explain why I did not notice it until someone here mentioned it--I did not listen to the sound of the video on YouTube, only the sound of the video on the DVR as I recorded it. It sounds like something brushing across the floor or table around me.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Anxious to see how this turns out. Keep us updated
Thx

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I will post some more video tomorrow that is in direct relation to this BBC footage. It is video of another fast moving object filmed by a professional cameraman. It is very unusual and whatever it is is much clearer than the BBC footage.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I have some good news to report to you all. At my wits end, I called Dish customer service again and spoke to a different technician. Contrary to the statements of the first Dish tech I spoke with, this man told me that transferring programs to a DVD recorder was in fact possible. He was kind enough to guide me through the appropriate connection between the Dish box and DVD burner (steps that were not given by the manufacturer) and I was finally able to record the BBC program onto a disc. It will play on my computer via an external DVD reader, but the picture has unfortunately become blurry upon transmitting it through the DVD burner. It is a tiny bit better than the initial recording by my camera, but still not as clear as it needs to be. I have a friend coming over soon who has offered to try to improve the clarity. If this fails, I will be following the suggestion of Terric and a few other ATS users in attempting to connect the satellite box directly to the computer. I will need to acquire a few more software applications to be able to do this, so I am going to try to work with what I have at the moment. I will keep you all posted.

For those who missed the earlier link, I played the videos in QuickTime and uploaded several still frames. These are frames from the three videos I posted on YouTube. They are on Flickr in a public profile, so you should all be able to view them. Go to Flickr.com and use the search function to find "ATSer". You'll need to click on the "people" subsection on the search results page.

For Terric, I have also uploaded two photos of my satellite box as requested--they are the very last photos uploaded. You'll see a slot on the back of the box for connecting a USB cord, though the box apparently does not actually work directly with a PC without additional software.

Anonymous, it is so good to know that someone else viewed the broadcast. I have been accused by a few individuals of creating a hoax, so it is wonderful to have confirmation that I did not create this myself.

[edit on 21/10/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
All right guys, I haven't been on ATS in a few weeks but I return with apologies and a bit of good news. With a hell of a lot of help, I have been able to retrieve the footage directly from my satellite box. I've uploaded it to YouTube if you would like to take a look (www.youtube.com...). It is definitely clearer than my camera recordings, but the original file is clearest when viewed in Nero or another media player (Nero seems to be best); uploading it to Youtube has obscured it a bit, but it is a certain improvement. If you would prefer to have the actual video to watch on your desktop media player, I will be happy to email it to you--just let me know. I am looking into converting it to another format (it is currently VOB) just in case that might add a bit of clarity, but I can't promise anything in that area.

Please do let me know what you think. Those first objects still look awfully strange to me.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Hi paperplanes,

If you could upload the VOB to a file hosting site, then everybody can download it at their leisure - I recommend www.sendspace.com...

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Thank you, C.H.U.D. -- I hadn't thought of doing that. I am uploading it now. I'll try to upload an AVI version as well, in case it's clearer than the VOB version.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Can I just tip my hat in a respectful manner to Paperplanes! I've no idea what's on screen there but even if it turns out to be a couple of empty Pringles tubes blowing in the wind, you are a real credit to ATS. Your efforts to provide the best quality footage you can have my appreciation and respect. Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join