It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC World News - Unidentified Objects

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Very interesting video - wish I could watch a replay of that scene!

I really don't think it's a bird, it's too quick and too smooth plus the shape is all wrong. Even allowing for motion blur the object(s) seem too long to be birds also - but you never know.

I really don't think anything further can be done on this unless we can get hold of the high quality version of the recording and get Internos on the case or something.

OP - is there any feasible way, obviously without damaging your equipment, that we can get a copy of the actual recording? What about re-recording the playback on a TV without a refresh rate i.e. LCD TV and sticking the camera in front of the TV and recording on the highest quality / resolution setting your camera is capable of and then uploading? I have an FTP server you can upload to if you want which I will give general access to. Upload it raw and we can do any file conversions necessary.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zemouk
Well the video posted by the other person (spoodily?) is def a bird. BBC video looks like it may be a bird or something that size going past, maybe someone messing about with a control plane as they will know where they are recording the background footage, or may just be a seagull gliding?

Seriously people need to give up about the bird thing..... I've seen birds flying at high speed and it looks nothing like that. Nothing travels at the speed of the object we saw in those videos. I would love to have an expert in video estimate the speed that thing was travelling... because I suggest it would be 10x + faster than any bird on this planet can travel.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Zemouk

The main part of the video was what I was trying to show. As far as "birds" are concerned here's a recent article.

New Flying Dinosaur Drone to Resemble Pterodactyl

"The next generation of airborne drones won't just be small and silent," the design team announced recently. "They'll alter their wing shapes using morphing techniques to squeeze through confined spaces, dive between buildings, zoom under overpasses, land on apartment balconies, or sail along the coastline."

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 10/15/2008 by Spoodily]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The noise reminded me of the graphics they employ on Sky News when they have a headline or important photo or something zoom on to the screen it makes a whooshing noise just like that. Could this be as simple as an animated graphic used to make the news more interesting? The way it seems transparent and disappears would lend credence to the idea. The third object is probably a bird or a plastic bag being blown about by the wind.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Woah!

That stuff looks like some aliens are trying to convince folks of something rather than just a normal fly by.

I want to think objectively about this, but....

I'm saying it's them aliens. It looks convincing, the thread is long enough... let's hang the debunkers.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
If these were ufos then they crashed right into the ground. C'mon they're flying in front of the appartment blocks

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
That BBC website referred to earlier has what I think is siome pretty compelling UFO footage, theres a section called watch and listen if you look at part 1 it was shot in 1998 (not much cgi then i assume) its looks very good footage to me heres the link.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The clearest view was in 2x magnification in Real Player

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Wow! Quite a few new posts this morning! Thank you all for contributing here.

Regarding the possibility of acquiring the footage directly from the DVR, I believe a DVD burner would be the way to go. I found a message board relating to DVR and TiVo systems, and a few members mentioned that they were able to burn DVDs directly from their Dish DVR players using a DVD burner. I assume I would then be able to upload the DVD onto my computer. I am going to try to find a compatible DVD burner today around lunchtime. I really hope it is successful, as the video is clearer and more impressive when viewed directly on the TV.

The whooshing sound has been discussed quite heavily in this thread, and we have been able to rule it out as part of the video itself. I did not even notice it until someone pointed it out, as I had left my speaker volume too low when I uploaded them to YouTube (I was pretty much wholly focused on the visual). The noise does not occur in the second capture, so I think it's safe to call it a disturbance in the environment around the camera.

Nola213: Someone else also brought up the possibility that one of the two objects is a reflection. In some of the stills we acquired, that looks to be possible, but others seem to suggest that the two objects are distinct from one another.

By viewing the video in Apple Quicktime, I was able to use the cursor to view individual frames. I used PrintScreen, pasted them into Paint and saved them as files. They were uploaded onto Flickr under account name ATSer--they are all publicly accessible. To locate, type "ATSer" into the search function and click on the "People" tab on the results page. For those who didn't catch it the first time around, the following is a set of still captures posted by shoeshiner. If you line them up side by side, there does appear to be a large shadow cast by the object onto the top of the beige building. I think it is worth a look:

Originally posted by shoeshiner

Edit:

This would have to be a very big bird and damn good CGI to make a shadow on that rooftop! Look;

[edit on 14-10-2008 by shoeshiner]

The BBC contact information was posted yesterday by another user. Someone called and was transferred to a BBC office, but apparently the responder danced around the issue and didn't really give any clear answers. When I called, I was redirected to another hotline that is ostensibly not working (I receive an error message each time I dial--even when having the operator dial for me). The telephone numbers are:

020 7240 3456 and 037 0010 0222

Just to reiterate, the footage was taken from the World News program on BBC America, not the U.K.'s channel.

[edit on 15/10/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SadisticRabbit

has anybody considered contacting the bbc regarding this?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sroek
Wow! You guys are right! The OP is definitely on to something! The objects that appear on BBC could perhaps be probe droids deployed by the GFL mothership to scan the area for any weapons pointed at the sky before the ship is fully uncloaked!

Your honest to God, childish, sarcasm astounds me. On a board like this where we are supposed to have the freedom to discuss, analyse and entertain those thoughts of both believers and skeptics alike... You act like the biggest disinformer I've come across in my thirteen years of study and research.

And I thought the school holiday season was over...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegrayone
reply to post by spacebot

The city looks like NY to me but I could be wrong!

lol erm it's London, England we already know that much

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Paperplanes, can you post the exact channel name and time and date this was broadcast.

The BBC are one of my cleints and i know a few people who will have access the archives.

If you can let me know ill see if i can get a digital copy either uploaded or sent to me on disc.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by zeetroyman]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeetroyman
Paperplanes, can you post the exact channel name and time and date this was broadcast.

The BBC are one of my cleints and i know a few people who will have access the archives.

If you can let me know ill see if i can get a digital copy either uploaded or sent to me on disc.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by zeetroyman]

I'll answer that right quick.

It was BBC World News, BBC America - 12:35pm (Local Time - Which would have been in London because 12:35pm EST would have been 5:35pm in London and extremely dark). - Tuesday October 14th, 2008.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zeetroyman

That is awesome zeetroyman... you are the man!!!

This was a one liner.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I think I've read all posts on this thread and I don't recall anyone mentioning the possibality of the objects in question being 'Rods'.

'Rods' do tend to move extremely fast. They also 'bend' and are caught with all typs of photography equipment.

Just another possiblity

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
So we know the backdrop is in London right? I'm not sure if those building are office blocks or apartments or what, but maybe someone here knows someone who may live/work in one of the buildings? & could tell us if they saw the objects? It did just happen yesterday morning.. so someone out there should be able to remember seeing something like this..

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by A55A551N

It was BBC World News, BBC America - 12:35pm (Local Time - Which would have been in London because 12:35pm EST would have been 5:35pm in London and extremely dark). - Tuesday October 14th, 2008.

The "Local Time" was for London--that is, 12:35 PM in London, 6:35 AM here in the United States (CST).

[edit on 15/10/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I hope everyone that was foolish enough to believe the whole OCT. 14 thing feels real stupid now and beams back to reality. The only thing this whole hoax has revealed is that there's a really HUGE federation of space cadets on EARTH who needs to get a life. More than half of the nonsense on this website is bogus and the other percentage of stuff is partial truth heavily seasoned with LIES. Even if the so called "Galactic Federation of Light" did appear on the 14th, mark my words, there would be NOTHING 'light' about it, rather, that day would've gone down in history as the darkest day mankind had witnessed on the Earth because whatever would've manifested itself that day would've been unequivocally wicked. There is no higher life form out there that will come and 'save' us and show us a new 'vibration' of love........bull. There is only the kingdom of light and the kingdom of darkness (God's kingdom and satan's kingdom) and ALL of us, whether we like it or not or believe it or not, are a member of one of the two. All you people out there who religiously visit this website and believe so fervently, without cause or reason, in UFOS, the paranormal, cryptozoology, channeling, mediums, conspiracy theories and the like (many of those things which have not even a shred of evidence as to their existence or effectiveness) are all trying to fill yourselves up with empty meaningless trash instead of acknowledging the one thing in this world that DOES make sense and has NEVER been proven false; God and his Word. The ONLY way to be saved is to accept the mind-boggling provision God freely offers us, that is, the sinless sacrificial blood of his ONLY son Jesus Christ. I don't understand how most of you out there can believe all these far out concepts and ideas propagated and perpetuated by this website, but the one person who has proven himself faithful throughout the ages and really DOES love you, Jesus Christ, you can't AT LEAST give him a chance alongside all the other stuff. Do that and I guarantee you'll find out real quickly what's truth and what's lies. And, when I say give Jesus Christ a chance don't just research half fast intentionally so that you can come back here and 'triumphantly' say you gave Jesus a chance and he's false, no, you need to READ the Bible the way you read this website and all the other literature pertaining to topics on this website. Those REALLY searching for truth and not just looking for something to believe in in order to escape the reality of their sins and the love and lordship of Christ WILL do just that. And, please don't reply me. I won't respond to you simply because I'm not God and I don't have all the answers you're seeking; just read the Bible and you can go to www.lifechurch.tv. And again, don't be fooled by all this OCT. 14 nonsense and spaceships and channeling and the like, it's all fun and games until it really starts to get a hold of you and you become like those poor souls from Heaven's Gate. Think about it.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

I thought "rods" were already understood to be insects shot on film that is not appropriate for speed capture. Or has there been something new to the subject that i missed ?

I`ve followed along - all 18 pages - i feel for paperplanes having to constantly repeat herself every 3 pages or so ........ poor girl !.

If Zeetroyman can get his hands on a copy of the original from the B.B.C ,and this can get analysed by one of the many video experts here on ATS ....... hey !!!! page 19 might be very interesting.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
do you know what interests me?
these look a LOT like the ufos around the wtc on 9/11
anyone see similarities watch at the 14 second mark

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join